Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Um, what? Sorry, but you're making stuff up. Kiyomi was talking about the servant in the red mask (who turned out to be Callista, I FUCKING TOLD YOU GUYS! :WeSmart:), not about Otto himself. The text doesn't leave room for interpretation, it's very clear whom she recognised. Kiyomi clearly is not a part of whatever DeKocks/Otto/RedMask are planning, but she didn't rat them either, which, depending on said goal, could make her a potential ally.
That Callista is the one hiding under the red mask (in DeKock's arrival scene) was obvious from the beginning, as soon as Kiyomi told Otto that he made a mistake and so on. It was too fat and delicious a hint to think otherwise, hehe.

And yes, Kiyomi is running her own game, unrelated to Otto and the revolutionary conspirators...and that game personally intrigues me more than much else... Kiyomi and her code of honour are unlikely to allow her to openly betray the Karlsson's, those she has sworn to serve, but that doesn't mean she has to give 100% where it goes against her morals and code.

For example, she completely refused to participate in an upcoming violent show, then secretly softened Seth's painful experience with Juliette..She reacts negatively to any injustice (for example, if Olivia orders her to treat Kane more gently than the others) or if KaneDom is too harsh in dialogue with her and approves of holding death duels between the show's contestants.

Overall, I think she's just following her code of honour, countering Karlsson sisters' sadistic tendencies at every opportunity, but not hurting any of them. And, in my opinion, it's pretty obvious that the only one she truly trusts is Veronica...Vi has skeletons in her wardrobe too, but Kiyomi trusts her unconditionally, because only she can change something (if we are talking about global projects of continental and planetary scale).

So I think Kiyomi will be with her till the end no matter what happens and will die for her if need be.
Uh, I want a facepalm emoji back.
Me too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
No, you are jumping to an other than direct meaning of Kiyomi's exact wording.
No, he isn't...because the 'you' is neither defined, italicized or quoted (which would specifically refer to the person she was talking to). So in this case, the 'you' is a general term for the entire group given the context.

That Callista is the one hiding under the red mask (in DeKock's arrival scene) was obvious from the beginning, as soon as Kiyomi told Otto that he made a mistake and so on. It was too fat and delicious a hint to think otherwise, hehe.
It does however beg the question, how the hell does she keep slipping in and out of the facility and more importantly get somewhere that Elena had to use a damn plane to get to. I guess we'll just leave that to callista plot powers and reasons :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan5851

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
No, he isn't...because the 'you' is neither defined, italicized or quoted (which would specifically refer to the person she was talking to). So in this case, the 'you' is a general term for the entire group given the context.
You quoted me saying "you" to Sharpshooter890, and I didn't italicize or quote it. I also just now did the same thing to you inbthe previous sentence. So when I said "you" to Sharpshooter890 in my last post, and to Maviarab in the previous sentence, was I referring to the group, per your logic, or was I referencing the individual? The answer: the individual, that was my intent, that is what I said and that is all it means. Who are you and Sharpshooter890 referring to when you say "You are making things up," me individually, or a group of me's, as again there aren't any italics or quotes.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
It does however beg the question, how the hell does she keep slipping in and out of the facility and more importantly get somewhere that Elena had to use a damn plane to get to. I guess we'll just leave that to callista plot powers and reasons :ROFLMAO:
If you mean how Callista can move freely between closed rooms (like Veronica's closed labs, including her secret place where she took Kane)... then I guess it's pretty simple... Kiyomi after her dialogue with Otto (DeKocks arrival scene) could have informed Veronica of her arrival at JoyFacility, at which point Veronica gave Callista free passage to wherever she needed to go. Vi could have simply given a direct order to her AI, and it opened all the doors in front of Callista. Anyway, there could be several possibilities here.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Discussing even over semantics.

That's the magic of this game!! :LOL:
Well in this instance it has merit.

Yu has taken Kiyomi's words to Otto as being directly 'towards' Otto, meaning himself. Then he comes up with this fantastical theory that someone who looks identical to Otto is pretending to be him...or, despite the fact there is nothing to support his theory, ever shown, nor hinted at, anywhere, someone is using Mission Impossible level technology to disguise himself...

Where as least three us (two being non-native English speakers I'll add) understood perfectly the meaning of the sentence, it's grammatical context and that Kiyomi was in fact not referring directly to Otto himself when she said "you made a mistake"...

Never mind the fact, all high-level Karlsson people speak in riddles, never speak straight or plainly and always carefully measure their words. But no...Yu jumps straight into the fantastical and then more so, claims it as fact but more theories made up to support the first one.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
As for Callista's movements around the island...If Callista has a yacht that she can use to get around, why shouldn't she have a light-engine aeroplane like Elena?

Mar 11, 2023
If you mean how Callista can move freely between closed rooms (like Veronica's closed labs, including her secret place where she took Kane)... then I guess it's pretty simple... Kiyomi after her dialogue with Otto (DeKocks arrival scene) could have informed Veronica of her arrival at JoyFacility, at which point Veronica gave Callista free passage to wherever she needed to go. Vi could have simply given a direct order to her AI, and it opened all the doors in front of Callista. Anyway, there could be several possibilities here.
Huh? I swear, it's not my quote, the site must be broken or something. As for Callista wandering around JF, I think Nadia probably had something to do with it, she's allegedly the greatest hacker ever.

Reactions: Stan5851

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
As for Callista's movements around the island...If Callista has a yacht that she can use to get around, why shouldn't she have a light-engine aeroplane like Elena?
Well...fair yes lol...however, given she is supposedly trying to keep a low profile, not draw attention to herself, and doesn't want people to know she alive...

Either of those would be a little difficult to go unnoticed by...but as I said, plot reasons and Callista powers...cuz she Callista hehe. Which I'm fine with, it's just something that's always struck me as funny. The ole girl sure does get herself about lol.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Huh? I swear, it's not my quote, the site must be broken or something. As for Callista wandering around JF, I think Nadia probably had something to do with it, she's allegedly the greatest hacker ever.
Yeah, looks like the site crashed, couldn't handle our heated discussion, haha... :unsure: you're right, I was replying to this Maviarab post here

Mar 11, 2023
Where as least three us (two being non-native English speakers I'll add) understood perfectly the meaning of the sentence, it's grammatical context and that Kiyomi was in fact not referring directly to Otto himself when she said "you made a mistake"...
One last thing I'll add on this particular issue to put it to rest. Otto is probably the 'head of security' for DeKocks, so it's his responsibility to conceal Callista at the JF until the time is right (even if he didn't come up with an idea of the red mask himself). So Kiyomi pointing that 'you made a mistake' can be applicable to both Otto's and DeKocks (as a whole) failure to do just that. Maskirovka has failed.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Does anyone know the source of the song FarewellAlexander.mp3? It is one of the songs of the Alexander's temple scene (season 1), and it's amazingly beautiful. Who did it?
Apologies Sevy...just remembered you asked this.

I'm afraid I don't know the source no, so no help I'm afraid but didn't want you to think you had been forgotten or ignored. Hopefully someone around may, you could always try asking in the Discord for the VN though, there's no requirements to join.

One last thing I'll add on this particular issue to put it to rest. Otto is probably the 'head of security' for DeKocks, so it's his responsibility to conceal Callista at the JF until the time is right (even if he didn't come up with an idea of the red mask himself). So Kiyomi pointing that 'you made a mistake' can be applicable to both Otto's and DeKocks (as a whole) failure to do just that. Maskirovka has failed.
(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: SevySub

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Frankly, I doubt the Karlssons control all the airspace on the island(s) where all the JF facilities are located, hehe.. By the way, we still don't know if any means of communication (like smartphones or satellite phones) have survived..So it may well be that this segment of technology has already been lost after the Great Collapse and only computer networks and artificial intelligences like N.O.A.H are left, controlling various technological processes and access to all JF facilities.

So if we consider your Nadia scenario, I'm more likely to believe that this hacker story could only work within the JF when Callista needed to get into Veronica's closed labs... But it might not have been Nadia, since as far as I understand it, N.O.A.H still hasn't been hacked, and she only managed to penetrate some segments of the less secure systems.

As for her genius as a hacker...well, personally, I wouldn't call someone who hacked the control system of one of the labs so crookedly that a poisonous gas leak nearly killed Nurse Maria a genius. I'd call her a talented self-taught hacker, but nothing more. Real professionals don't leave traces, and Veronica was able to easily figure out Nadia and all her penetrations into her systems, and then told her off like a child..:geek:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Frankly, I doubt the Karlssons control all the airspace on the island where all the JF facilities are located, hehe.. By the way, we still don't know if any means of communication (like smartphones or satellite phones) have survived..So it may well be that this segment of technology has already been lost after the Great Collapse and only computer networks and artificial intelligences like N.O.A.H are left, controlling various technological processes and access to all JF facilities.
Yeah..distinct lack of a lot of technology...given the technology Veronica has built...I mean we obviously still have wifi as how else did the remote vibrating dildo's work on the girls in the mine? So why no phones anymore? :unsure:

I'd call her a talented self-taught hacker, but nothing more,

and then told her off like a child..:geek:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
someone is using Mission Impossible level technology to disguise himself...
And I'm supposed to be the one who's jumping to fantastical conclusions and making up stuff? I never said that.

How many KG people have seen Otto face-to-face before Ep. 6 and lived to tell about it? Kiyomi for sure, but perhaps another (per her statement). The rest of KG has only heard of him, but by the time anyone respond to his securitybreaches, he's already gone, that's why he's so successful, and why Elena's impressed to finally meet him. It's just like with Superman, maybe 3 people have actually been close enough to both his and Clark Kent's face to even have a hope of identifying them as the same person. As long as somebody has the general disguise to pass scrutiny from somebody who has neither met nor seen Otto, they will never know it's not him visually. However, visual disguise isn't enough, voice, behavior, knowledge, and as Kiyomi pointed out: movement (which is definitely recorded on Veronica's surveillance) can blow one's cover. We see Otto's infiltration suit on the Cole Rescue, which further supports the "no one at KG has seen his face" so improper movements that don't match those recordings would be a dead giveaway.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
And I'm supposed to be the one who's jumping to fantastical conclusions and making up stuff? I never said that.

How many KG people have seen Otto face-to-face before Ep. 6 and lived to tell about it? Kiyomi for sure, but perhaps another (per her statement). The rest of KG has only heard of him, but by the time anyone respond to his securitybreaches, he's already gone, that's why he's so successful, and why Elena's impressed to finally meet him. It's just like with Superman, maybe 3 people have actually been close enough to both his and Clark Kent's face to even have a hope of identifying them as the same person. As long as somebody has the general disguise to pass scrutiny from somebody who has neither met nor seen Otto, they will never know it's not him visually. However, visual disguise isn't enough, voice, behavior, knowledge, and as Kiyomi pointed out: movement (which is definitely recorded on Veronica's surveillance) can blow one's cover. We see Otto's infiltration suit on the Cole Rescue, which further supports the "no one at KG has seen his face" so improper movements that don't match those recordings would be a dead giveaway.
If according to you nobody's seen Otto face to face prior to episode 6 then why would Kiyomi point out mistakes he's made? Shouldnt matter what he does if nobody knows who he is.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Callista's not really wondering around, she's literally going to blind spots and operating from the shadows hence the cave bridge and Veronica's labs, places people don't pay attention to.

As for her genius as a hacker...well, personally, I wouldn't call someone who hacked the control system of one of the labs so crookedly that a poisonous gas leak nearly killed Nurse Maria a genius. I'd call her a talented self-taught hacker, but nothing more. Real professionals don't leave traces, and Veronica was able to easily figure out Nadia and all her penetrations into her systems, and then told her off like a child..:geek:
Not really. She was hacking blindly and got into the wrong system, happens to the best hackers. Nadia clearly found out something that Ronny doesn't want to get out, otherwise she wouldn't have been granted a meeting with Kane.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
If according to you nobody's seen Otto face to face prior to episode 6 then why would Kiyomi point out mistakes he's made? Shouldnt matter what he does if nobody knows who he is.
I just explained that his body movements are on KG records, now only Kiyomi, and probably Veronica, would notice the subtle discrepancies... which is exactly what Kiyomi says.

Not really. She was hacking blindly and got into the wrong system, happens to the best hackers. Nadia clearly found out something that Ronny doesn't want to get out, otherwise she wouldn't have been granted a meeting with Kane.
Cynthia did have her and Delilah trying to find out about "ST"/Island 4, more accurately Nadia stumbled onto Cole's prison, whether Cynthia suspected that Cole was at Island 4 or not is uncertain, and moot at this point.

Okay IF your guys' interpretation that Kiyomi is talking about Red Mask is correct then here are some facts that have to be true:
1) With the mask, hood, cloak, and Callista keeping her arms to her side, not only are her physical features hidden, but so are her movements. Therefore the only movement Kiyomi could have observed is Callista's walk.
2) Kiyomi was able to identify Red Mask by this walk along, therefore she has either previously met Red Mask/Callista or has studied her in detail.
3) Callista did not walk to the cove to meet Veronica, nor walk out of it, she rode on a boat, and committed minimal movements, barely moving her hands (she repeats this minimalist movement with only a single hand raise in her second Veronica meeting). Therefore, Kiyomi could not have observed her walk at this location, and thus had to have seen Callista walk at a different/earlier time.
4) Kiyomi is aware of what "it" is when Otto asks her "is it over before it even begins..."

This just gives even more evidence that Kiyomi is working with/for Callista, knowing who she is, knowing that she's hiding, knowing what her and DS's mission/plan/objective is, and assisting them in that endeavor (volunteers information about the siblings).

Regardless, this is a very unnatural way to communicate in the English language, and Kiyomi has no reason not to be direct as she wants Otto to understand her clear meaning. Likewise, Tess has no reason to be obscure here either, she baited fans to question who the masked servants are the moment she made masked servants, so it's not like we wouldn't already be trying to figure out who they are. Here is natural delivery would have went down:
K: "...but I'm a little disappointed in [Callista or your colleague/associate/teammate]" This directly identifies the wrongdoer, and not erroneously accuse Otto or the entire group when they are not at fault. As long as Kiyomi doesn't say Callista's name, and in a natural way, Callista's confirmation remains shrouded.
K: "No one else will likely notice it, but I did. She made a mistake." Again, Otto is not falsely incriminated in the mistake, the failure is correctly attributed to the culprit. Since Otto's party has 5 females and 2 males, saying "she" still allows Kiyomi/Tess to remain aloof to the player, while remaining exact to Otto (who clearly understands who Kiyomi is talking about). Both of the masked servants are clearly female, so all that this may confirm is that Kiyomi is talking about one of them, which Sharpshooter claims to have suspected from the beginning, so again, Kiyomi/Tess doesn't reveal anything extra.
K: "Yes. It's not enough to hide one's appearance." This and the following line about movements can stay, as it still doesn't narrow down from the 5 females. Yes, the two masked servants are the greatest culprits, but Kiyomi's words also apply to any imposter or spy-masquerading-as-a-slave. This is exactly the type of thing that happens in corporate espionage stories, which is what this game is, and what most of the characters are doing, both within and without KG.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes