YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Yeah no, I know where the JF island is, they said it's Saint Helena, so that much is easy to place... My question is where is the prison at the beginning of the game? Is it North America or Africa? Even South America could work I suppose, but given they all speak english, it's more likely it's either the US, UK, AUS or South Africa one would assume... And given that there is a "New Paris", I'm assuming the old one is gone, presumably along the rest of Europe maybe? So probably not the UK... The map they show has an tiny island where the middle east+asia should be, so I just assumed that some of the other continents are just gone.

Did I miss any explanation (maybe on other paths) of what's the situation outside of Africa? It seems Cole is in Antartica, but other than that I don't recall hearing anything about any other continent.
My guess is the Jacobs' were indeed in Karlsson territory. We have two childhood encounters in 1-2 parks, on top of never-ending surveillance. Kane's "assault" is orchestrated by a Karlsson hireling, he's convicted at lightning speed for such a case (probably a KG judge), and sentenced to a KG-owned prison that is solely staffed by KG employees. Olivia's apartment and Dominique's hotel room (where she meets Alessandra) could be anywhere, unrelated to both the prison and JF, but she does visit Seth's hospital.

Elena is our common denominator.
Day 1: Patricia says that she drove Elena from the airport to meet Kane, and then will be driving her back after the limo conversation.
Day 2: Elena picks up Seth from the hospital (so the same place Olivia was) and then meets with Veronica in one of her labs at an unknown location.
Day 3: Elena meets Dominique. On Day 1, Dominique tells Juliette that Veronica was expected to return from Africa, inferring that Dominique was not herself in Africa when she said this. In any case Elena and Dominique fly together to JF on Day 3.

Dominique confirms to Kane that yes New Paris was a lot of people from France and other countries fleeing their with the Collapse, and her presentation of "Pre-Collapse" French Wine suggests that production stopped with the Collapse. I don't recall anything quite spelled out as the specifics you laid out. Perhaps all of Alexander's building projects was to replicate and thereby preserve the cultures that had been lost in the Collapse. Considering we're only seeing a small area at Cole's research starts, and Callista went to the mountains to find sanctuary from the Collapse when Kane was born, I'm beginning to suspect Cole is on a mountain, a la Kilimanjaro.

I had originally thought JF was just one of their "branch sites", but I just recalled Yvette's and Elena's positive comments at JF that Alexander's office is no longer empty, suggesting that the JF is HQ (or maybe it's an oversight from Tess).

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
My guess is the Jacobs' were indeed in Karlsson territory. We have two childhood encounters in 1-2 parks, on top of never-ending surveillance. Kane's "assault" is orchestrated by a Karlsson hireling, he's convicted at lightning speed for such a case (probably a KG judge), and sentenced to a KG-owned prison that is solely staffed by KG employees. Olivia's apartment and Dominique's hotel room (where she meets Alessandra) could be anywhere, unrelated to both the prison and JF, but she does visit Seth's hospital.

Elena is our common denominator.
Day 1: Patricia says that she drove Elena from the airport to meet Kane, and then will be driving her back after the limo conversation.
Day 2: Elena picks up Seth from the hospital (so the same place Olivia was) and then meets with Veronica in one of her labs at an unknown location.
Day 3: Elena meets Dominique. On Day 1, Dominique tells Juliette that Veronica was expected to return from Africa, inferring that Dominique was not herself in Africa when she said this. In any case Elena and Dominique fly together to JF on Day 3.

Dominique confirms to Kane that yes New Paris was a lot of people from France and other countries fleeing their with the Collapse, and her presentation of "Pre-Collapse" French Wine suggests that production stopped with the Collapse. I don't recall anything quite spelled out as the specifics you laid out. Perhaps all of Alexander's building projects was to replicate and thereby preserve the cultures that had been lost in the Collapse. Considering we're only seeing a small area at Cole's research starts, and Callista went to the mountains to find sanctuary from the Collapse when Kane was born, I'm beginning to suspect Cole is on a mountain, a la Kilimanjaro.

I had originally thought JF was just one of their "branch sites", but I just recalled Yvette's and Elena's positive comments at JF that Alexander's office is no longer empty, suggesting that the JF is HQ (or maybe it's an oversight from Tess).

Ye I thought of Kilimanjaro too, but since there's usually a lot of research stations in Antartica, I went with that... plus it seems the southern hemisphere fared better generally speaking, so it could still be there.

I also wonder where the mountain temple is tho (the one in Olivia's flashback), could be Kilimanjaro or the Himalayas I suppose...

Well shit, then it seems that every other continent got reckt... I kind of assumed the game was set in the US at first, because I see "shitty prison system" and my brain immediatly thinks USA... :LOL:

Is the dev from South Africa, btw?

Last edited:

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Attached is a guide
Hi and thanks for the help. I can say that I have played all DOM paths and maybe that's why I haven't reached anything higher than K7.

I followed your advice and went back to try and find the pages(501-515) where the K rating paths were but didn't see them. I also downloaded both Walkthrough's (0.6 by Raven and 0.7 by Tess) and discovered that neither is laid out for following a path to obtain the highest K rating. At least for my simple mind. Especially for my age. :)

I feel that there should be a separate Walkthrough that is solely for obtaining the highest K rating possible. Thus eliminating any and all superfluous entries not related to obtaining the highest rank possible. Maybe both existing Walkthrough's could be enhanced by the authors to include a new Text Color to signify the path to achieve highest K rating regardless of DOM/SUB/LI's/Etc.

I'd ask you for your further help but feel that I'd be dominating your valuable time in F95 and don't want to do that. I really like this VN/Game for all it's story content and plots. Maybe enough iterations will teach me what I need to do to get better.

Thanks again for your help.
View attachment Max K Rank Guide.txt Attached a guide

Don't know one way or the other, but I have reasons to believe she currently lives in Hawaii.

Reactions: sgenter

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
No idea but Im assuming she's Swedish since she uses swedish terminology in the game and the masks are also swedish

I don't know who no.7 is but I'd be extremely shocked if it was Astrid. Homegirl took getting tortured with a disease to bending to his whims, I don't see her being on a board that would help bring his vision to fruition. Especially when she doesn't give a shit about his theories.

So if we eliminate Cole ( Of the sisters, only Dom and Veronica know where he is), Astrid ( reasons stated above), we are starting to run out of people. I'd wonder if Callista was unlucky no.7 but it wouldn't be that easy. This is a difficult thing to figure out

Mar 11, 2023
I originally thought it could be Cole, but as people here have pointed out - most folks in KG think he's dead, so it doesn't work. The Board member is on a 'special assignment', so unless it's an entirely new character we've never seen before I have to go with Callista (with her being GQ and all). Alexander kept tabs on her, but didn't interfere in the Jakobs family life (so far as we can tell), so he might've kept her Board membership.

sgenter

Dec 8, 2021
Attached is a guide

View attachment 3418116 Attached a guide

Don't know one way or the other, but I have reasons to believe she currently lives in Hawaii.
Thanks for the guide. It's nice to have this.

I was lucky enough to actually get to K9 on my 7th playthrough by making some changes in my decisions.

I'm kind of the the player that likes to do it without walkthrough or guides if possible but this one was a bit hard on me :)

Thanks!

fatki_chaddi

Oct 18, 2021
Any news / updates on Tess`s written walkthrough for v0.8.1 part 1 ?

There has always been a ton of info about the current and future of the VN in those.

KarokaKOHORT

Jun 16, 2018
Could playing save from compressed part 1 have any effect in part 2? Asking because I got a dialogue referencing something that didn't happen in my playthrough -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Speaking of what didn't happen, shame there wasn't more with Pamela, deep mine tour sounded nice ;)

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
No idea but Im assuming she's Swedish since she uses swedish terminology in the game and the masks are also swedish

I don't know who no.7 is but I'd be extremely shocked if it was Astrid. Homegirl took getting tortured with a disease to bending to his whims, I don't see her being on a board that would help bring his vision to fruition. Especially when she doesn't give a shit about his theories.

So if we eliminate Cole ( Of the sisters, only Dom and Veronica know where he is), Astrid ( reasons stated above), we are starting to run out of people. I'd wonder if Callista was unlucky no.7 but it wouldn't be that easy. This is a difficult thing to figure out
I originally thought it could be Cole, but as people here have pointed out - most folks in KG think he's dead, so it doesn't work. The Board member is on a 'special assignment', so unless it's an entirely new character we've never seen before I have to go with Callista (with her being GQ and all). Alexander kept tabs on her, but didn't interfere in the Jakobs family life (so far as we can tell), so he might've kept her Board membership.
Remember Elena has JUST learned that neither Callista nor Cole are dead within maybe a couple of hours of each other on Day 7, so the whole Board did not know about either Callista or Cole, so neither can be a Board Member. Callista confirms to Elena that very few in KG know she's alive and instructs her to keep it that way (thus far it looks like just Veronica, Astrid, Alessandra, and now Elena, who MAY have told Olivia legally or otherwise. Maybe Kiyomi, as she was there at the one meeting, and she looks to be working with the Revolution). Veronica also says that Board members will not trust or heed Callista, especially with her long years in hiding.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Yeah, I'm leaning towards that one too. Even the name "Grym Gudinna" means "Cruel Goddess" in Swedish. And the masks you mentioned have significance too. And as for South Africa... she recently wrote in discord (when introducing her boyfriend as a future assistant to communicate with the gaming community) that he was born in South Africa, so the inspiration (in KG) of that country might be related to that fact.
bf.jpg
Back to Tess's possible Swedish roots...A long time ago in this thread I saw a picture (posted by Tess herself, I think) of her standing in front of a swimming pool or something... Anyway, it's a blonde-haired girl..And at that moment I for some reason immediately had associations with the Nordic appearance of fair-haired Scandinavian girls...This is, of course, a dubious argument, (and it's not a fact that it was Tess herself) but, nevertheless, it's a couple of cents more to the bank of assumptions that she is indeed Swedish (living in US now).

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019

There has always been a ton of info about the current and future of the VN in those.
Right now, Tess is in the middle of doing just that. See her Development memo here and her discord for more details. But if that's the only thing holding you back from playing the game, you can use the Sancho Mod (Multi Mod) linked in the OP. It's pretty much indispensable in this game (especially for serious players who have many different saves with different playthrough settings).

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Hi and thanks for the help. I can say that I have played all DOM paths and maybe that's why I haven't reached anything higher than K7.

I followed your advice and went back to try and find the pages(501-515) where the K rating paths were but didn't see them. I also downloaded both Walkthrough's (0.6 by Raven and 0.7 by Tess) and discovered that neither is laid out for following a path to obtain the highest K rating. At least for my simple mind. Especially for my age. :)

I feel that there should be a separate Walkthrough that is solely for obtaining the highest K rating possible. Thus eliminating any and all superfluous entries not related to obtaining the highest rank possible. Maybe both existing Walkthrough's could be enhanced by the authors to include a new Text Color to signify the path to achieve highest K rating regardless of DOM/SUB/LI's/Etc.

I'd ask you for your further help but feel that I'd be dominating your valuable time in F95 and don't want to do that. I really like this VN/Game for all it's story content and plots. Maybe enough iterations will teach me what I need to do to get better.

Thanks again for your help.
Thanks for the guide. It's nice to have this.

I was lucky enough to actually get to K9 on my 7th playthrough by making some changes in my decisions.

I'm kind of the the player that likes to do it without walkthrough or guides if possible but this one was a bit hard on me :)

Thanks!
Was going to give you detailed ways on both..but see Yu beat me to it hehe. Never worry about taking up my time, I'm retired, have plenty of time to help people with this wonderful VN. My door as they say is always open either here or in DM. Glad you finally got it though. I will add though, not sure why Yu did not tell both paths as the Dominique way is 1. Simplerand 2. Probably more benefical long term.

For Dominique way, you must have Junko's Romance path open and meet Dominique first. Do not break Junko's romance path at the spa scene with Kitty, Channel, Delilah and Reyes. Dominique will fast-track you herself to K7. The next morning in the new home, Junko will wake you. Feel free to reject her here if you wish, what you do now going forward is irelevent. This way will also net you an extra sponsor, and allow more wiggle room for mistakes in order to still hit K8 on first appraisal.

Look. You all know how a board of directors work. We've been told it's 7 specifically so there can never be a deadlock. Whoever it is, has to be around somewhere...or certainly around a lot in the past or they would not be able to vote now...would they? You can't have a missing board member unable to vote for however many years. Callista was also supposed to be dead as far as the board were concerned remember? Hmmm? So whoever it is, is someone who is only away 'temporarily'...but has been at the KG or the facility for quite some time.

This immediately rules out characters that have been 'missing' for quite some time. I've moved away from Astrid given Alexander presumed she was dead (as probably other board members too). I'm leaning towards Alessa/Julies mother right now.

Could playing save from compressed part 1 have any effect in part 2? Asking because I got a dialogue referencing something that didn't happen in my playthrough -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Speaking of what didn't happen, shame there wasn't more with Pamela, deep mine tour sounded nice ;)
Compression doesn't affect the story, only the quality and size of the images.

However, there is a code bug regarding the Veronica/Nadia scene where even if you did not have Veronica's sponsorship (never went to her work placement) the dialogue still states you saved Maria, even if you didn't. The code for MariaDies is set to false by default in 08 and no check is made to see if she actually either a) did or b) you were never there anyway. it doesn't affect anything at the moment either way so don't worry about, sure will be fixed in a b version or Part 2.

As for Pamela, yes that 'tour' should have happened on GD07, maybe it did but was a throwaway line just to show that Kane is doing stuff even if we don't see it, or maybe Tess forgot lol...or given everything that does actually happen on GD07, maybe (hopefully) it just got delayed. I was looking forward to that myself.

Give her a chance...it's coming.

and now Elena, who MAY have told Olivia legally or otherwise
Still going with Olivia knows nothing huh. She knew all along.

Maybe Kiyomi, as she was there at the one meeting, and she looks to be working with the Revolution
Where do you figure that exactly? The dialogue from Callista could have been directed to either Veronica or Kiyomi. She was most likely there for Veronica, not Callista. So she has deals with Otto...that makes her a revolutionary now does it? No evidence to support it anywhere. That aside, Kiyomi romance is only on one specifi world state ending...and that is not the revolution ending.

Veronica also says that Board members will not trust or heed Callista, especially with her long years in hiding.
I miss something again?

Last edited:

fatki_chaddi

Oct 18, 2021
Right now, Tess is in the middle of doing just that. See her Development memo here and her discord for more details. But if that's the only thing holding you back from playing the game, you can use the Sancho Mod (Multi Mod) linked in the OP. It's pretty much indispensable in this game (especially for serious players who have many different saves with different playthrough settings).

Thanks, have been playing the new release. Was just curious about the WT doc.

Reactions: Stan5851
Mar 11, 2023
So first off, who and what Otto is is confusing as hell, for Kiyomi points out that apparently the Otto who arrived with Cynthia (and thus presumably the only one we've seen) is actually someone in disguise masquerading as "Otto", but he's still competent enough to have a long (tying) sparring match with Kiyomi
Kiyomi and "Otto" are working together on some plot (after his disguised is critiqued, he asks if their plan is over before it has begun).
Um, what? Sorry, but you're making stuff up. Kiyomi was talking about the servant in the red mask (who turned out to be Callista, I FUCKING TOLD YOU GUYS! :WeSmart:), not about Otto himself. The text doesn't leave room for interpretation, it's very clear whom she recognised. Kiyomi clearly is not a part of whatever DeKocks/Otto/RedMask are planning, but she didn't rat them either, which, depending on said goal, could make her a potential ally.

Reactions: Stan5851

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
All I'm gonna say in response to that is...there's a whole lotta supposition going on there....I do sometimes wonder where you get some of your thoughts from.
Well let's take Kiyomi at the first Callista-Veronica meeting.

Question/Mystery: "Why is Kiyomi there? What does Kiyomi know? Why doesn't Kiyomi attack/reveal herself to the pair?"

I then look at the evidence of who the characters are, their codes and motivations, their uncontrolled internal monologue and automatic emotional/mental/physical responses to unexpected prompts being their only guaranteed honest thoughts/actions. I examine their actions and what they clearly know later in the game that there's no evidence of them knowing something prior to the scene in question. I consider relationships, who is loyal/working for/allied to whom, or against whom. I then consider every possible scenario that could match the evidence presented.

There is nothing in the scene that explicitly demonstrates Kiyomi knows who either woman is upon her arrival... but there is also no evidence that Kiyomi DOESN'T know who one or both of the women are, so until more evidence/revelation is given at a later date all four scenarios are possible: 1) Kiyomi doesn't know either, 2) Kiyomi knows who Veronica is, but not Callista, 3) Kiyomi knows who Callista is but not Veronica, 4) Kiyomi doesn't know who either of them are.

I also didn't mention there is the possibility that Kiyomi just saw the pair, but they were speaking too low for her to hear or make out what they were saying. Again, we don't have any evidence that confirms or denies whether Kiyomi could hear the conversation, as there has been ZERO follow-up to Kiyomi being there, making it almost seem like Tess including her was either a pointless addition (like Olivia deciding which Department she will work with first), or she just forgot (like Pamela).

I also look at multiple scenes, in the previous case, every scene with Otto, every non-sex scene with Junko, all of her scenes and statements about Dominique, all the scenes that suggests a connection between Otto and Dominique (there are none), every scene with Kiyomi (who is working with Otto), and others, but that's getting into the weeds.

As for the "important conversations happen after fade-to-black", here are some examples just off the top of my head (paraphrased):
Ep. 5 - Veronica-Yvette-Elena
V: Now I need to go over the logistics of this part of our project that Kiyomi has been running the day-to-day operations on, so buckle-up, we're going to be here a while.
BLACK

Ep. 5 - Dominique Proposes an Alliance
J: Alright, I'll consider the evidence [of Veronica pushing Olivia to the top] you have, but let's get off the boat first before you show me.
BLACK

Ep. 7 - Grymm Gudinna Lives
A: I want my sisters ready to kill each, and with any luck, that one of them will die. Now shut up and I'll tell you what I want you to do.
BLACK

Um, what? Sorry, but you're making stuff up. Kiyomi was talking about the servant in the red mask (who turned out to be Callista, I FUCKING TOLD YOU GUYS! :WeSmart:), not about Otto himself. The text doesn't leave room for interpretation, it's very clear whom she recognised. Kiyomi clearly is not a part of whatever DeKocks/Otto/RedMask are planning, but she didn't rat them either, which, depending on said goal, could make her a potential ally.
Ep. 6 Kiyomi and Otto on top of the sub
K: ...but I'm a little disappointed in you.
O: Why?
K: No one else will likely notice it, but I did. You made a mistake.
O: I did?
K: Yes. It's not enough to hide one's appearance. A very keen eye might recognize even the subtle movements that are unique and specific to an individual.

WHO made a mistake? Kiyomi says "You" meaning "Otto". The fake failed to properly copy Otto's subtle movements, so a keen eye would realize that something was wrong, and that "Otto" is not Otto. Kiyomi does not mention anyone else as messing up. If Callista is the one that messed up, then the fault is hers, NOT Otto's, especially considering her intelligence, and evident propensity for subterfuge. Why then would honorable Kiyomi blame an innocent party for another person's mistake?

And you say I'm making stuff up when Kiyomi specifically calls out Otto.

Mar 11, 2023
Ep. 6 Kiyomi and Otto on top of the sub
K: ...but I'm a little disappointed in you.
O: Why?
K: No one else will likely notice it, but I did. You made a mistake.
O: I did?
K: Yes. It's not enough to hide one's appearance. A very keen eye might recognize even the subtle movements that are unique and specific to an individual.
Dude, you provided a quote (I assume it's a quote) that proves my point and came to the opposite conclusion... English is not my native language, but I know that 'you' can mean both an individual ('Bob, you made a mistake') and a group ('You guys made a mistake'). Regardless, she's just pointing out a mistake - 'It's not enough to hide one's appearance. A very keen eye might recognize even the subtle movements that are unique and specific to an individual.' As in I see who's behind the mask because of how that person moves (and I recognize those movements).

So yes, you (the person) are making stuff up.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Dude, you provided a quote (I assume it's a quote) that proves my point and came to the opposite conclusion... English is not my native language, but I know that 'you' can mean both an individual ('Bob, you made a mistake') and a group ('You guys made a mistake'). Regardless, she's just pointing out a mistake - 'It's not enough to hide one's appearance. A very keen eye might recognize even the subtle movements that are unique and specific to an individual.' As in I see who's behind the mask because of how that person moves (and I recognize those movements).

So yes, you (the person) are making stuff up.
No, you are jumping to an other than direct meaning of Kiyomi's exact wording. The direct reading says Kiyomi is disappointed with Otto because Otto made a mistake. Anything else is an alternate meaning. In any textual interpretation, regardless of language or era, the direct meaning has the greatest weight, while alternate meanings are listed as possible, until extensive evidence is presented that overwhelmingly supports a specific alternate meaning over the direct one, the direct one is always the primary reading. A direct reading NEVER makes up stuff, because it is the exact verbiage that the author used.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes