faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
yeah i was the same, first i tried chanel because she is sexy as fuck then i tried the other girl because she is higher up. I felt like veronica was the best one to be with.. She is the smartest and not really evil. Has a lot of things that can enhance you and stop pain and things like that. Maybe dominique is good for getting a promotion early but veronica may be the best for the long run.
Good news is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: D9074

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
So im guessing their choice is to do with what you answer on the test then? the only time i showed any kind of evil is in them answers, and it wasn't really evil i just couldnt think of a better word. I thought i needed to show them i wasnt a push over in the test. maybe playing it more honest would get dominique.

Im curious who is the best one to have as a sponsor. I dont want to be evil in the game but i dont want to let people walk over me either. im not going to submit at all i want my MC to get high up.
i got k6 i was thinking the game would only allow me to no be humiliated if i was evil so i had no choice normally i would make balanced choices

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
What bothers me a bit is that we only get the Sis - Daniel scenes when the MC is at an K4 ranking, yes?

I started with K6 and was kinda sad, that i haven't seen the outcome of "her" choice, or will this happen in chapter 5 for K6 ranks?

The VN itself is amazing. Lovin it!
A naming option for save files would be appreciated.

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
What buggers me a bit is that we only get the Sis - Daniel scenes when the MC is at an K4 ranking, yes?

I started with K6 and was kinda sad, that i haven't seen the outcome of "her" choice, or will this happen in chapter 5 for K6 ranks?

I had the same thought when I looked at the walkthrough after playing and saw that I'd missed out on those scenes.

Dec 28, 2019
So im guessing their choice is to do with what you answer on the test then?
Yep, although there are other choices that influence their interest in the MC as well.

the only time i showed any kind of evil is in them answers, and it wasn't really evil i just couldnt think of a better word. I thought i needed to show them i wasnt a push over in the test. maybe playing it more honest would get dominique.

Im curious who is the best one to have as a sponsor. I dont want to be evil in the game but i dont want to let people walk over me either. im not going to submit at all i want my MC to get high up.
Dominique and Juliette are competing to be on top. Veronica isn't. So they both want Veronica to throw her support behind them. On top of that, Alexander Karlsson gave Veronica a special role in setting up the Gambit which will determine who ends up on top, and that makes her support all the more desired by Dominique and Juliette. It also doesn't hurt that the assassins report directly to her or that her mother is also on the Karlsson's Board. So Veronica has extra influence, at least until the Gambit is decided. The degree that she's willing to use this influence on behalf of the MC she's sponsoring remains to be seen.

To get Dominique you have to be on the, what I've been calling, Dom Good path.
There's a Sub Good path with Dominique too. It's also possible to be Evil Dom and get Dominique as your sponsor as long as Juliette isn't interested. I wouldn't recommend that last one though. Unless you're willing to turn over a new leaf and stop being evil I doubt it will work out well.

The only thing I dont like about it is that I'm forced to choose Junko in the bath and I like others that are there more.
Choosing Junko in the spa only matters if you want K7 early or are interested in her romance. I have a feeling getting K7 early isn't going to matter much beyond Chap 5 as all of the other successful doms will be catching up after the party.

No real biggie, I just did a second, Veronica path. Veronica, IMHO, appears to be more powerful than Dominique, but YMMV.
Dominique and Juliette are both kissing Veronica's back side right now because they want her support, so yeah, at least until the Gambit is decided.

Last edited:
Reactions: D9074

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
Does the 0.4 final release add more to the game or is identical in content to the previous release? Or is it just optimization?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Dev said this is a rewrite on path choices ...
” Chapter 4 Final Release: 57,611 words, 1749 renders, new total of game is roughly 3950 renders, 135,000 words. Choice paths have been tweaked from Beta

Reactions: Aseratrix

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
What bothers me a bit is that we only get the Sis - Daniel scenes when the MC is at an K4 ranking, yes?

I honestly regret this now and will likely retroactively change it for 0.5, but I've kind of moved on to next update, so probably stuck for now with what I have for 0.4. :( I consider this the worst mistake I have made in any update other than one other thing which I will keep to myself. I had tied the bathroom so closely to the following scene with Kane/Olivia for K4 as one big scene somehow, that I just didn't separate them properly in my mind. (easily could have jumped to Olivia scene in bathroom only, then jumped back out to K5/K6)

Last edited:

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
So im guessing their choice is to do with what you answer on the test then? the only time i showed any kind of evil is in them answers, and it wasn't really evil i just couldnt think of a better word. I thought i needed to show them i wasnt a push over in the test. maybe playing it more honest would get dominique.

Without giving anything away, the three initial sponsors right now have very different goals, so later on you may end up leaning towards a specific woman based on your own desired outcome. Without being specific, what I have for the four sisters on a chart is a starting point narratively, a scale of "influence" as I would call it (can they budge from their initial goal and how far based on influence), a sister chart as her choices depend too, and that leads to possible outcomes overall. Not every one can be influenced the same way. So a random example is that one sister may never be the type to accept a solo Kane on top (so that character is a dead end for that ending possibility), another might accept a relationship/on top situation but maybe not pure solo, while another might accept a solo winner so to speak. All of the characters also have morality scales in that some can change and lean a certain direction, but others are more locked. But convincing for example Veronica about change would require a very different argument/style than say Juliette of course...

wytekki

Dec 1, 2018
Is it just me or is there no content if you are at k6 at the end of chapter 3? I have the latest patch yes but what im guessing is that the old walkthrough mod that i have installed is blocking me from moving forward or something, most likely?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yup .. the IN-GAMe MOD from OP was Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
Is it just me or is there no content if you are at k6 at the end of chapter 3? I have the latest patch yes but what im guessing is that the old walkthrough mod that i have installed is blocking me from moving forward or something, most likely?
Also:
Mod Version: 0.3.1
is for this
Game Version: 0.3A

Reactions: wytekki

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Without giving anything away, the three initial sponsors right now have very different goals, so later on you may end up leaning towards a specific woman based on your own desired outcome. Without being specific, what I have for the four sisters on a chart is a starting point narratively, a scale of "influence" as I would call it (can they budge from their initial goal and how far based on influence), a sister chart as her choices depend too, and that leads to possible outcomes overall. Not every one can be influenced the same way. So a random example is that one sister may never be the type to accept a solo Kane on top (so that character is a dead end for that ending possibility), another might accept a relationship/on top situation but maybe not pure solo, while another might accept a solo winner so to speak. All of the characters also have morality scales in that some can change and lean a certain direction, but others are more locked. But convincing for example Veronica about change would require a very different argument/style than say Juliette of course...
thats interesting, thanks for the info. hopefully there is hints along the way from the girls as to who will take what. Im hoping that having Elena and a few of the other girls on your side can help steer us in the right direction when it comes to things like this. My goal on it is to get as high up as possible without being evil. I dont mind the punishing part if people do stuff wrong but i dont want to do it for no reason. it really is a great game though, very different and really interesting.

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
Heya'll I'm considering ditching windows 10 (much as I can) because not only is it one big spyware, it is likely the biggest malware too and the only real OS that needs a virus program, considering the limitations and all it all just seems wrong to me (following logic with iPhone where you don't get viruses and is limited though I don't like limited). Anyway windows 10 seems to just be a mix of all bad.. Can I run these games etc on ubuntu or? what would you guys recommend?
Still going to keep windows for some games etc, but I would prefer it to be my second and last option.

Reactions: tamzarian
Dec 28, 2019
Heya'll I'm considering ditching windows 10 (much as I can) because not only is it one big spyware, it is likely the biggest malware too and the only real OS that needs a virus program, considering the limitations and all it all just seems wrong to me (following logic with iPhone where you don't get viruses and is limited though I don't like limited). Anyway windows 10 seems to just be a mix of all bad.. Can I run these games etc on ubuntu or? what would you guys recommend?
Still going to keep windows for some games etc, but I would prefer it to be my second and last option.
The Windows version of the game comes with a shell script wrapper KarlssonsGambit.sh that allows the game to be run on Ubuntu as well as other Linux distributions. If you don't already have them preinstalled It's possible you may need to install some additional software packages like the python scripting language so that Ren'Py can run the game on your system. If it's a new Ubuntu installation, everything you need is probably already preinstalled. You can find some more info here.

Reactions: tamzarian

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
The tags says that we can play as female protagonist. I wonder if it's true?
Yes it is, but not exclusively: you alternately control both the male and the female protagonist. And the male one has a bit more screen time so far.

Ninjaman2

Dec 4, 2018
This game is incredible. And with this release you have a wealth of options to explore - if you were on the fence get off it and play this game!!

Reactions: Aseratrix
4.40 star(s) 148 Votes