HorneyMoon

Oct 7, 2018
Since I only play the sub path anyway, I would love to see the Alpha without waiting another half of the month to play it.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Just played the test version it's pretty good but missing the Olivia welcome party?
The welcome party is the scene in Patreon I referred to as unable to finish on dom path initially due to even my 3090 being unable to handle it without sacrificing the look/quality of characters/assets/room :( (the scene where I tried to do about 20+ characters) So I can render the scene with everyone with lesser quality or change the scene entirely to be less ambitious, but can't fully create the scene with same quality I want given massive amount of people/room/assets. I even spoke with a massively smarter and more successful dev than I about this and after he looked at it, I decided I couldn't really get that crazy. Discussed a lot of closer shots with cutting assets out one by one each shot and other tricks, but I didn't like the vibe as much without some key massive set piece shots and so I honestly almost tearfully gave it up. So I have an alternative plan for it and will have to likely push it back to 0.6 with a lesser amount of resources/assets/characters. :(

Since it is unlikely I can ever pull it off, I can say that the original plan was for a kind of masquerade ball with females with masks (like Grym Gudinna's mask for example) in a massive ballroom setting (piano, chandeliers, the works, etc) and decadent assets/side things happening. I had a very normal version for 90% of scenes, and a 10% darker side set of scenes for very evil players. (would have warned on this for sure) I tried a lot of tricks, but ultimately it was way too ambitious I guess.

Plugging away on dom version side now...almost done.

Begansk

Mar 15, 2021
The welcome party is the scene in Patreon I referred to as unable to finish on dom path initially due to even my 3090 being unable to handle it without sacrificing the look/quality of characters/assets/room :( (the scene where I tried to do about 20+ characters) So I can render the scene with everyone with lesser quality or change the scene entirely to be less ambitious, but can't fully create the scene with same quality I want given massive amount of people/room/assets. I even spoke with a massively smarter and more successful dev than I about this and after he looked at it, I decided I couldn't really get that crazy. Discussed a lot of closer shots with cutting assets out one by one each shot and other tricks, but I didn't like the vibe as much without some key massive set piece shots and so I honestly almost tearfully gave it up. So I have an alternative plan for it and will have to likely push it back to 0.6 with a lesser amount of resources/assets/characters. :(

Since it is unlikely I can ever pull it off, I can say that the original plan was for a kind of masquerade ball with females with masks (like Grym Gudinna's mask for example) in a massive ballroom setting (piano, chandeliers, the works, etc) and decadent assets/side things happening. I had a very normal version for 90% of scenes, and a 10% darker side set of scenes for very evil players. (would have warned on this for sure) I tried a lot of tricks, but ultimately it was way too ambitious I guess.

That sounds amazing! I wouldn't mind a lower quality render if the scale of the scene is already impressive, but of course if you feel like you wouldn't personally be happy with that, I'm sure we all understand.

PGpauljp13

Jul 23, 2020

Thats a pity,but never mind you still did a great job on what you have released.Even unfinished its still a step up on 4.

FroKe88

May 15, 2017
was there already an eta. communicated for the complete update?

Releasing the alpha here will probably cause chaos, because people usually don't read and then will complain, if their paths aren't updated. o_O

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
was there already an eta. communicated for the complete update?

Releasing the alpha here will probably cause chaos, because people usually don't read and then will complain, if their paths aren't updated. o_O
Yeah, it's not done and scenes are missing so it's no fun especially for the dom path.

I am updating today on Patreon -- in a nutshell, I am skipping a dom only alpha and going straight to 0.5Beta ASAP (both paths done and ask for help looking at dom path with a larger base of players next tier down from testers) and ASAP after that, a 0.5 General (this is usually the version I hope is "released" it's actually done for real to me) -- I am hoping 0.5Beta is done within 2-4 days. Usually, a general is very fast after that unless something major is discovered by players, etc.

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
Tess literally says " I am hoping 0.5Beta is done within 2-4 days. Usually, a general is very fast after that unless something major is discovered by players " one post above yours
General version could have been kept Patreon only for some time man, it was a legit question.

ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
Is it possible to offer default names in Ren'py like it's often done in RPGMaker or html games? I usually take the default ones to be sure my character won't share a name with some important but so far unknown npc.

noway1

Nov 27, 2019
Is it possible to offer default names in Ren'py like it's often done in RPGMaker or html games? I usually take the default ones to be sure my character won't share a name with some important but so far unknown npc.
You can call the MC biggus dickus, which is pretty safe, unless it is an ancient rome setting.
Or just don't enter any name and the characters will get a default one.

Reactions: starfire566
Nov 9, 2020

That's completely fine, I think a 0.6 release fits even better with the narrative, given what's happened in 0.5. However, I'm a bit confused as to why the welcome party is on the dom path? Wasn't it supposed to include the bonus scene voted by the patrons for $1700 milestone? Correct me if I'm wrong Tess, all the best!

Reactions: TessSadist

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
That's completely fine, I think a 0.6 release fits even better with the narrative, given what's happened in 0.5. However, I'm a bit confused as to why the welcome party is on the dom path? Wasn't it supposed to include the bonus scene voted by the patrons for $1700 milestone? Correct me if I'm wrong Tess, all the best!
Actually yes, but the dom path is where there is prep first so I kind of think of it that way when I had to start/abandon it. :)

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes