Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If you play "reach out and take it" DomKane, he is starting to flex his muscles in Ep. 6-8, though since he has literally never had anything near this level of power in his life (telling others what to do), he is like someone wading cautiously into a mirky pond, confidently getting deeper, but careful not to step into a drop-off. Part of our frustration as players is years are passing, whereas for Kane, it's only his 3rd day of power. We can only hope that Tess can make up for it in the Gameshow, and story-wise, this will give Kane a needed surge in confidence (especially since this should elevate him to the incredibly hard to reach K10).
Understood... this is my "wimp" theory of Kane (the initial points in your post)... but I offered an alternative of "admirably biding time for the strike" Kane as well. It's certainly debatable. Again, it's kinda fun to tinker around how different personalities would operate here. But tbh, if playing DomKane and knowing what we know only on that playthrough versus Olivia at the same moment... she's way more alpha in her thoughts than Kane's thoughts. His "caution" appears to me as weakness considering what he knows by now. Again, debatable... just my thoughts.

Reactions: YuNobi1

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Wouldn't this also make the number of board seats at some point more than 7?

on this note, how were the board seats handled when the company had started?
(Assuming 7 board seats was something that was kept common from the start (tiebreaker point))
Seat 1: Alexander (maybe, or he was considered above seats)
Seat 2: Callista
Seat 3: Elena
Seat 4: Cole
Seat 5: Yvette
Seat 6: ?
Seat 7: ?

Also does anyone remember why did we lose the wristband?
Alexander ain't on the board. This update talks about how the board can remove him with unanimous consent.

Reactions: Maviarab

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Do you mean the data bracelet? I don't think it's been mentioned in-game since the ending of Ep4:
1709574982260.png 1709575002673.png
I could obviously be mistaken... just going by memory and I've had many many whiskeys since Ep4 :ROFLMAO:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Surely she's the youngest of the bunch, ain't it? I mean, who knows but I can't wrap my brain around the alternative tbh.
Well..think about this now. if she is the youngest (I don't think she is), that would mean he slept with and had a child with Yvette...again...after Alessa and Julie....
Wouldn't this also make the number of board seats at some point more than 7?

on this note, how were the board seats handled when the company had started?
(Assuming 7 board seats was something that was kept common from the start (tiebreaker point))
Seat 1: Alexander (maybe, or he was considered above seats)
Seat 2: Callista
Seat 3: Elena
Seat 4: Cole
Seat 5: Yvette
Seat 6: ?
Seat 7: ?

No. While in Ep8 the conversation makes it seem that Alexander was a board member, he probably wasnt. As Miles said, he was over the board, top of the food chain. However, he set up the board of directors as a way for things to be resolved. Now think back to all that has happened.

There is an empy seat. It can't be alexander....or why would Elena need to give her seat up hmmm? If you equate this to a real company (large conglom)...the overall 'owner' and head is often not actually on the board of directors but has effectively, or assumes a position. In those terms, with a unanimous board vote, they can and have ousted the overall chairman/owner of a company.

As for the bracelet, it was collected (by persons unknown) and given to Otto who handed it to Nadia (remember the scene with Cynthia's two masked 'advisors/bodyguards/associates').

Reactions: Stan5851

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
But wasn't the bracelet handled to Nadia in episode 6? When she was in the submarine.
I skimmed the dialogue extremely fast but didn't catch anything regarding it in Ep6... I'll take a bigger dive in it (no pun intended :ROFLMAO:).

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Maybe it was episode 7?... Memory fails :oops: :unsure::LOL:
I skimmed the dialogue extremely fast but didn't catch anything regarding it in Ep6... I'll take a bigger dive in it (no pun intended :ROFLMAO:).
Ep.7

Code:
scene e7nroom20 with mediumdissolve
    otto "This should help you."
    otto "Just read over everything. You'll know what to do."
    scene e7nroom21 with mediumdissolve
    nad "Sure. I'll look over it. Is this my mom's desire or..."
    otto "...both. It's important. Take it seriously."
    scene e7nroom22 with mediumdissolve
    nad "I'm serious! And don't forget...none of you could do in over twenty years what I did within hours of getting here!"
    otto "That's fair Nadia, and I apologize. You've done a lot to help the family."
    nad "Good. Anything else?"
    scene e7nroom23 with mediumdissolve
    otto "Our business here is concluded. We'll leave you to your morning."

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ep.7

Code:
scene e7nroom20 with mediumdissolve
    otto "This should help you."
    otto "Just read over everything. You'll know what to do."
    scene e7nroom21 with mediumdissolve
    nad "Sure. I'll look over it. Is this my mom's desire or..."
    otto "...both. It's important. Take it seriously."
    scene e7nroom22 with mediumdissolve
    nad "I'm serious! And don't forget...none of you could do in over twenty years what I did within hours of getting here!"
    otto "That's fair Nadia, and I apologize. You've done a lot to help the family."
    nad "Good. Anything else?"
    scene e7nroom23 with mediumdissolve
    otto "Our business here is concluded. We'll leave you to your morning."
Right...
1709576206597.png

But damn, can't remember how Otto got it... MC and Otto met first face to face in Ep6, right?:
1709576384982.png
He doesn't pass anything to Otto here at all... I can't remember, lol. I thought that scene in Ep7 was a different data bracelet altogether since I couldn't connect the dots tbh.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
I'm pretty sure that means that all the other Board members need to agree to remove the one. Otherwise, say Alexander wanted to remove Veronica from the Board in retribution for hiding Astrid: he could get 6 votes, but neither Veronica, nor anyone else, is going to vote themself off the Board.
The purpose of the board is to keep the CEO in check, since according to Veronica, the board was Alexanders idea, we can assume that he wouldn't be on the board or that would defeat the purpose of letting the public think there's a check and balance system in his company. He put the unanimous consent in there to ensure he kept power as all he needed was one member to say no which Id imagine he made sure that he always had.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Those are two separate bracelets.
This has always been my conclusion as well... although I don't think Nadia knows all that's on Kane's since it would require his blood to unlock it (I think she's aware it holds power in it's full secret(s) though)... and I'm assuming it's remained unlocked (although I could be foolish in this assumption).

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Right...
View attachment 3410090

But damn, can't remember how Otto got it... MC and Otto met first face to face in Ep6, right?:
View attachment 3410100
He doesn't pass anything to Otto here at all... I can't remember, lol. I thought that scene in Ep7 was a different data bracelet altogether since I couldn't connect the dots tbh.
Not shown, or clear, how Otto got it. Kane left it in his room remember when promoted...
The problem with Alexander not being on the Board is that if we're assuming this is a dystopian future of our real world, then Alexander would well know that the Apple Board of Directors was able to fire the company's founder Steve Jobs, who wasn't on the Board, but there was no way Alexander would permit that type of power.
He is so narcissistic and powerful and has his own allies...he never thought that would happen. He always had some under control.
Those are two separate bracelets. Nadia knows what's on Kane's bracelet, and explains that it's locked to his blood signature, so even if it's proven that she's his sister (somehow) their genes are not exact, and there's no reason she's has to spend hours reading something she already knows about.
This has always been my conclusion as well... although I don't think Nadia knows all that's on Kane's since it would require his blood to unlock it (I think she's aware it holds power in it's full secret(s) though)... and I'm assuming it's remained unlocked (although I could be foolish in this assumption).
Never, not once, anywhere, has it even been hinted there are two. It's the same bracelet.
The purpose of the board is to keep the CEO in check, since according to Veronica, the board was Alexanders idea, we can assume that he wouldn't be on the board or that would defeat the purpose of letting the public think there's a check and balance system in his company. He put the unanimous consent in there to ensure he kept power as all he needed was one member to say no which Id imagine he made sure that he always had.
This ^^ (y)

Aside, good to see you theory crafting with us Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Aside, good to see you theory crafting with us @Sancho1969
:ROFLMAO: don't get too used to it bud... I'm way out of character here theorizing on story elements lol. I do enjoy civil debate and conversation though, so yeah, I've been lingering in here on my second screen rather some other threads that shall not be named.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maviarab

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Never, not once, anywhere, has it even been hinted there are two.
Well, to that end it's also never been hinted once that there is only one data bracelet. It is hinted that the tech is in multiple bracelets:

Kwamie - "It's a data bracelet used by The Karlsson Group ... This one looks very high end in design. Very valuable."

Personally I've never heard anyone start a sentence with "This one looks..." unless they've seen more than one, but that's just my experience.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Well, to that end it's also never been hinted once that there is only one data bracelet. It is hinted that the tech is in multiple bracelets: Kwamie - "... This one looks very high end in design. Very valuable."
Heh...we could argue the semantics of that all night rofl.

Just because it's never hinted there is only one, doesn't mean there's more. we can only go off what we are shown, and we are only shown 2 in the entire story. Veronica has one has a child...and Kane is left one. The one Otto brings to Nadia, prettty sure that's not Veronica's and we know Kane left his and didn't get it back. One can also argue, the one otto brings to Nadia, is the exact same design as the one given to kane.

e7nroom20.jpg e45up6.jpg

The fact that from Kwame's words of "It's a data bracelet used by The Karlsson Group. It's unlockable when you wear it near a specific secure access point matched to its signature. This one looks very high end in design. Very valuable." shows there are more in the world as he obviously seen some (but then we find that out later in the park flashback anyway), however, given what it is, we have not seen a single person wear one other than Veronica (as a child, if hers even is one at all...

e6op8.jpg

....and Kane when he finds his), points more to it being Kane's and not some random person (presumably important enough to have such an item) we've never seen with one. I've not spotted a single other bracelet in the story so far, either on someone or lying around (Icould have missed one though to be fair).

The other side is, making assumptions, with no real evidence to back them up..to fit a narrative that also isn't even hinted at. So if it's a different one (go with it for now), we're assuming Otto/Someone else, managed to steal a data bracelet from a Karlsson sister (because I can't imagine anyone else being important enough have one....so high end and valuable)....and if so, for what purpose?

You have to admit, the second scenario sounds far less likely no?

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Heh...we could argue the semantics of that all night rofl.

Just because it's never hinted there is only one, doesn't mean there's more. we can only go off what we are shown, and we are only shown 2 in the entire story. Veronica has one has a child...and Kane is left one. The one Otto brings to Nadia, prettty sure that's not Veronica's and we know Kane left his and didn't get it back.

The fact that from Kwame's words of "It's a data bracelet used by The Karlsson Group. It's unlockable when you wear it near a specific secure access point matched to its signature. This one looks very high end in design. Very valuable." shows there are more in the world (but then we find that out later in the park flashback anyway), however, given what it is, we have not seen a single person wear one other than Veronica (as a child)

View attachment 3410330

and Kane when he finds his, points more to it being Kane's and not some random person (presumably important enough to have such an item) we've never seen with one. I've not spotted a single other bracelet in the story so far, either on someone or lying around.

The other side is, making assumptions, with no real evidence to back them up..to fit a narrative that also isn't even hinted at. So if it's a different one (go with it for now), we're assuming Otto/Someone else, managed to steal a data bracelet from a Karlsson sister (because I can't imagine anyone else being important enough have one....so high end and valuable)....and if so, for what purpose?
I see your point (even though Veronica also possessed one which now makes at least two data bracelets out in the wild), but my theory (just a theory now) is that the Karlsson's are not the only folks with data bracelet tech... the other factions could easily as well. And although it could simply be a sentence structure issue by Tess, I can't get passed:
Personally I've never heard anyone start a sentence with "This one looks..." unless they've seen more than one, but that's just my experience.
Dunno. Just my thoughts. If Kwamie has seen more than one then it's like the beginning of the bag phone days (cellular)... only a few of us had them, but we didn't carry them 24/7.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes