5CAR3CR0W

Oct 3, 2017
After getting into the clinic by accident after messing about with the cheat tool I always wondered why it was abandoned. Place was practically built up already.

It's nice to think that we might be able to get some DLC to round out some of the other stuff. Some of the potential side jobs in this game, like the clinic, really lend themselves to looking like cut content instead of a potential value-add. Even without hacking into the area, the fact it's on the first floor alongside a barricaded room really makes it look like it's still on some to-do list to someone who never followed KP and just bought the game.

Whatever the case, this game is probably going to set up a lot of expectations once it's finally out and people other than fans buy it. Specially if it gets even more popular and commercially successful.
I remember it mentioned somewhere (not sure whether here or in Discord) that there is a plan in place for post finale content (DLCs) and the Infirmary could be used there. But that was maybe a year or more ago. I am unsure whether it was someone official or just a random fan giving out suggestions

5CAR3CR0W

Oct 3, 2017
This. There are 2 jobs at Level 1, at the 2nd Level there is one gloryhole which isn't really a job but it does almost the same, at Level 3 we have a stripper job and Level 4 there is NOTHING. No edicts, no job, nothing. It's a big letdown and feels like he wanted to move on to another project quickly without finishing this completely. ( Which I could understand since he's been working on this for quite a while now )

There is also so much opportunity for other side jobs, Level 1 we have a Nurse job, Level 2 Teacher and accountant, Level 3 we have gym teacher or even giving food through the canteen / cafeteria, level 3 is where there isn't much to do but there could've been lifeguard for the pool and some sort of mushroom farm or even PE teacher.

Unless he aims to make them as DLCs or add some post content but wants to release it as a "complete" game to get more funding.
I hope so. There's still a lot of scope for further content simply within whatever map areas have been created. Maybe with the final release, the game sells well and that motivates Rem to continue a bit more with additional contents

NekoPi

Aug 22, 2021
Playing this beta made me realize how important CCmod is to Karryns Prison. It adds so many quality-of-life improvements, challenges and makes the base game more enjoyable. It's like a free fucking expansion pack. Damn I rly hope CCMod is out at the same time the official release is.

droglob

Aug 26, 2017
while the classroom and several other areas have the potential to add more contents, I don't think Rem ever said anything about any other side jobs. Whenever he has posted in Subscribestar or just talked about it in the various channels in his Discord server, he has been pretty clear about the direction the game is going to take and every what extra content one can expect (without spoiling). I know as the benefactors of this creation, we are bound to expect certain things, but that is not really how it works...especially if the dev himself never made any such promises. If Rem had been mute about it all throughout the development process, then your point would've been understandable. But he has been reasonably active on Discord and has always been as clear as possible about what major content to expect.
Why would he advertise cutting content. Of course he's not gonna mention it. It's plain to see for anyone though.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: drone4of2

voxsunderland

Feb 22, 2021
Both Japanese and English voices exceeded my expectations.

The Japanese one really sounded like a cross between and .
I just finished the game, and I'm surprised to find out from the credits that it was indeed Ryouko Tezuka!

That name is a very familiar one in eroge world, and considering how expensive established eroge VAs can be, I totally didn't expect her to be JP Karryn. Were we duped by Remtairy's earlier post about hiring some random indie VA?

voxsunderland

Feb 22, 2021
I believe Rem said that post release content depends on how well the game sells.
I hope the game gets advertised on more than just Twitter if we want big numbers, because I don't see it promoted anywhere else.

I have a feeling it will be a sleeper or a cult hit, but not big enough to warrant more dev time. If Rem and Sachinama really want to expand the game, they would have had all their expansion plans ahead laid down for us. It could also be that Rem's strategy is to not tell us everything they have planned for the game before later coming out with exactly those to get us excited(like what they did with the VAs), but y'all need to exercise caution in managing your expectations.

Quite frankly, I'd rather they move on, rather than falling into the usual crowdfunding dread where the devs keep promising big things over the same project that expanded for far too long without conclusions and adding one half-baked gameplay feature after one halfbaked gameplay feature that never really gets completed - see Tales of Androgyny.

igotnostuffs

Nov 10, 2019
Seems like the best offensive stat to focus is Dexterity.
Cleave is just too OP! An instant 3 enemy KO when upgraded.
Skewer is also good for killing enemies with Overblow Protection, you might also get lucky and KO 3-4 enemies with it.
Strength is meh. Slam should have overblow penetration, imo, so it could compete with the other 2.

Also, what the deal with corruption? Does it affect anything aside from a variable cost that you could do away with an edict?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: drone4of2

azoth00

May 23, 2020
It's hard to play the Emperor's secretary title challenge in prisoner mode, it's the last one among the new 8 titles you can obtain on this version.

2 titles in challenge run, one sequential title you can obtain beating each floor, 5 titles after beating the final boss.

131 titles in total, so it's my best without cheating as possible for now.

NekoPi

Aug 22, 2021
Seems like the best offensive stat to focus is Dexterity.
Cleave is just too OP! An instant 3 enemy KO when upgraded.
Skewer is also good for killing enemies with Overblow Protection, you might also get lucky and KO 3-4 enemies with it.
Strength is meh. Slam should have overblow penetration, imo, so it could compete with the other 2.

Also, what the deal with corruption? Does it affect anything aside from a variable cost that you could do away with an edict?
The fact that you are wrong and confident kills me LMAO. No, dexterity is NOT what you want for an offensive build. You WANT/NEED strength. Why? Because EVERY attack scales off strength. Read each attack and they all say strength. I promise you now, dex focus builds are for sex runs. and Corruption affects nerd payouts.

Strat1

Aug 14, 2017
you don't want a complete save unless you've played this game before. I strongly recommend to play from start

azoth00

May 23, 2020
hmm, fighter build is enough when you play Secretary title challenge in warden mode, but seems I need slut build in prisoner mode, right? vanilla without cheating.
anyone is here who has beaten the challenge with fighter mode?

igotnostuffs

Nov 10, 2019
The fact that you are wrong and confident kills me LMAO. No, dexterity is NOT what you want for an offensive build. You WANT/NEED strength. Why? Because EVERY attack scales off strength. Read each attack and they all say strength. I promise you now, dex focus builds are for sex runs. and Corruption affects nerd payouts.
LMAO I know that, and I tell you you are still wrong. I already beaten the game with Dex and Agi!
I'm dealing around 3000+ damage every cleave, and thats obviously overkill. How much more if it were strength focus.
Big sure but wasted on one enemy.

6 Enemies. First Round Kill half of enemies then finish with Skeewer RNG it kills the rest of them. If not then pick them off again with the next Cleave.
That's it. 2 Turns. Every wave.

Try it yourself if you dont believe me.

azoth00

May 23, 2020
LMAO I know that, and I tell you you are still wrong. I already beaten the game with Dex and Agi!
I'm dealing around 3000+ damage every cleave, and thats obviously overkill. How much more if it were strength focus.
Big sure but wasted on one enemy.

6 Enemies. First Round Kill half of enemies then finish with Skeewer RNG it kills the rest of them. If not then pick them off again with the next Cleave.
That's it. 2 Turns. Every wave.

Try it yourself if you dont believe me.
I think it works even the challenge run in warden mode.
so it is not that wrong.

my opinion is mind is the most important. aside of it, agility and dexterity.

Reactions: Enigmanic

igotnostuffs

Nov 10, 2019
I think it works even the challenge run in warden mode.
so it is not that wrong.

my opinion is mind is the most important. aside of it, agility and dexterity.
Yeah, mind is important but it doesn't seem to affect any stat beside willpower amount.
Because of that, you dont need to 'train' it that much. Just getting the edicts is enough.

Cardenio

Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, mind is important but it doesn't seem to affect any stat beside willpower amount.
Because of that, you dont need to 'train' it that much. Just getting the edicts is enough.
I also affects how powerful the willpower skills are, without enough mind you might not even be able to reach 300% pleasure with the resist orgasm for the triple orgasm (and the neat passive that comes with it) for example.

4.60 star(s) 400 Votes