What do you think is missing the most? (Won't include h-scenes they come with the next update)

• More world building

• More renders (Makes updates take longer!)

• More character developement

• More plot progression

• Better renders (Makes updates take longer!)

• Everyting above

• It's fine as it is now

Results are only viewable after voting.

anon513

Apr 24, 2017
I liked the first part of the game - very good writing and pacing, interesting characters, story and simple to understand lore.

Second however to me felt messy - introduced too many new characters and lore, changed things about previous characters that I liked, and the focus seemed to be shifted from the MC development arc to overly grandious story. The choices too, got very rare and lacking impact. Especially towards the end, where I started getting disinterested and began skipping screens after settling in the castle.

Still, I was on a true path, but got a generic, not good ending. Reading this forum I realized that there is another ending if you do all this
I think a lot of people are still confused about how to unlock the true ending so I will write the basic steps here:
- First, unlock all 25 bad endings offered on the game
- Second complete a normal playthrough with sanity 34 and Instinct 4 (walkthrough provided in chat a few discussions earlier)
- Third once you met the above requirements and completed the game, go to 'Gallery' then look at the bottom 'True Ending', click on it to get a continuation of your game after you defeat a certain character on your step to become queen. See I was confused about this third step because I thought the secret/true ending would be part of a regular playthrough after unlocking it, however, it is in the gallery bottom corner where most people failed to miss this detail (same as me).
, which I think is ridiculous... And honestly, feeling robbed of a good ending, I don't feel like subjecting myself to perform all this to get a few screens.

That said, I sill consider this VN one of the best on this site.

Last edited:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Keepers1Revolution-1.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Good writing, good character development, you obviously have a lot of talent (and generosity for sharing your game with us for free).

However, keeping this respectful as you requested, concurring with what was said above, there is a definite gap between what you let your readers expect within the first hours of playing and what you semi-forcefully (and shall I say inelegantly) lead them to towards the end.

I haven't played the new update, so I can't say how easier the "True ending" is of access, but I have a pronounced distaste for NewGames+, which in my opinion are a cancer to the industry. I'm NOT going to play the *same* game (with some stats jumbled or slight cosmetic/narrative alterations here and there) twice, or if I do it's after a long hiatus at which point I probably will start from scratch. Getting older I just no longer have this amount of time to waste I guess, so I expect being able to experience the full game in one play-through.

All in all, I think this game would have been a superb experience to remember for me if you had kept it the way most players would anticipate it to play out. Not all stories need to be lovey-dovey or have happy ends to be good. However, authors need to be upright from "page 1" of their story, tell it accordingly and not lead readers into confusion (and no, "offline"/out-of-the-game/forum comments don't count to alleviate this issue).

Last edited:

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
There is not really any "good ending" in this VN. Author said that clearly that any relationship between Hikari and Rumi is impossible. There are few hints that Hikari want to leave with Rumi, but it will never ocur. I think that author is too lazy to make any good (bad in bigger picture, but still good for readers) ending with Hikari and Rumi for those who like this pair. Note to myself: do not read any more drama from people like this one.

Reactions: Lordfugi

Lumari

~Loves Fox girls~
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2018
Good writing, good character development, you obviously have a lot of talent (and generosity for sharing your game with us for free).

However, keeping this respectful as you requested, concurring with what was said above, there is a definite gap between what you let your readers expect within the first hours of playing and what you semi-forcefully (and shall I say inelegantly) lead them to towards the end.

I haven't played the new update, so I can't say how easier the "True ending" is of access, but I have a pronounced distaste for NewGames+, which in my opinion are a cancer to the industry. I'm NOT going to play the *same* game (with some stats jumbled or slight cosmetic/narrative alterations here and there) twice, or if I do it's after a long hiatus at which point I probably will start from scratch. Getting older I just no longer have this amount of time to waste I guess, so I expect being able to experience the full game in one play-through.

All in all, I think this game would have been a superb experience to remember for me if you had kept it the way most players would anticipate it to play out. Not all stories need to be lovey-dovey or have happy ends to be good. However, authors need to be upright from "page 1" of their story, tell it accordingly and not lead readers into confusion (and no, "offline"/out-of-the-game/forum comments don't count to alleviate this issue).
I see where you come from. I also think about the time I invest into something before I play a game and if it's worth it.
That's why I've made this update. The Main route mode lets you play the game with 0 choices to do and has the True end. So it's basicaly about 5 minuts of skipping to get there and is mostly for those who didn't followed the development of the game since the people who did played along each update automatically collected all endings and therefore had no problem to get the True end.
I can also see why people dislike this but my reasoning behind this is that those who followed along had some sense of "acomplishment". By gaining the True end as it was intended you got a flag set for the sequel and I still want that to be "hard" to achieve. Just gifting the true end and the flag will probably upset those who got it legit so that's why made this update to please both sides as good as I can.

Well in the end it's everyones own decision how much time they want to invest into something. For some this game is worth that time for others it isn't. I'm fine with both~

There is not really any "good ending" in this VN. Author said that clearly that any relationship between Hikari and Rumi is impossible. There are few hints that Hikari want to leave with Rumi, but it will never ocur. I think that author is too lazy to make any good (bad in bigger picture, but still good for readers) ending with Hikari and Rumi for those who like this pair. Note to myself: do not read any more drama from people like this one.
I probably should mention this here, and I already said that a lot of times on discord (I don't blame you for that): A happy Hikari x Rumi True end is planned (Will take a lot of time until we get there (keepers 3)). Just because it isn't out yet doesn't mean I'm lazzy.(I am a lazzy person though yes but that has nothing to do with how the story continues '-')
And yes... it's a Drama. Of course there's no "good" end in this.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
By gaining the True end as it was intended you got a flag set for the sequel and I still want that to be "hard" to achieve. Just gifting the true end and the flag will probably upset those who got it legit so that's why made this update to please both sides as good as I can.
What?! Do you mean you lock content in keepers 2 if we didn't play the true ending in keepers 1?

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
I see where you come from.
I do not forget that the game ultimately belongs to you to do with whatever pleases you. So no matter the criticism, I appreciate you taking player feedback into account, at least reading it.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
The search confused me more than giving me a plain answer...and since my second question wasnt even answered/asked before and the last answer may be outdated, so i just ask myself:
1. Is ntr avoidable? (some say yes, some say no, some say most, i honestly need true facts here before i try it)
2. Is futa avoidable?
3. Is there meanwhile a pure lesbian route without forced bad end? Just asking because a forced dick is my definition of a gamebreaking bad end and i dont want to waste my time...

Lumari

~Loves Fox girls~
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2018
The search confused me more than giving me a plain answer...and since my second question wasnt even answered/asked before and the last answer may be outdated, so i just ask myself:
1. Is ntr avoidable? (some say yes, some say no, some say most, i honestly need true facts here before i try it)
2. Is futa avoidable?
3. Is there meanwhile a pure lesbian route without forced bad end? Just asking because a forced dick is my definition of a gamebreaking bad end and i dont want to waste my time...
I'm pretty sure that this game is not for you then~
1: Ntr happens but is skippable. (you get a short explanation on what happened without seeing the scene.)
2: Nope~
3: Nope. But sequel has a pure lesbian route. (although you'll probably see dicks at some point but you won't get a h-scene)~

Lumari

~Loves Fox girls~
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2018
What?! Do you mean you lock content in keepers 2 if we didn't play the true ending in keepers 1?
For now: this flag is set. I don't know what I'll use it for currently. But it won't influence the main game.
The only difference currently that everyone who got to see the credits gets in the sequel is a different intro which skips over 2-3 lines of explanation when starting a new game.
I'll probably put some "fanservice" in. A small out of story scene or something but I'm not sure for now. Maybe I'll make it a poll later on the discord server~

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
Thanks for the Main Route mode for the true end. I had avoided most of the bad ends and didn't really want to play through again for them, and me asking for this just seemed like whining in my head. This is gonna help be enjoy Keepers 2 much more.

Reactions: Lumari

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
What a disappointment. Kek.
It started off better than good. But then it just kept getting more and more edgy, pretentious and worst of all, cringe inducing.
Oh well. Time to move on.

allisrandom

Mar 10, 2023
First off, a big thank you, Lumari, a really good game! I played through it in a single session and was always engaged in the story. A clear 5/5 form me!

Main reason for posting, dunno if it's just me: After playing through it and then choosing the Main Route the skip button wasn't available, all text was treated as new text. So I had to select "skip unseen text" in the options menu and manually skip forward which isn't ideal (might miss something).

Apart from that I have to admit that I'm not a fan of "NG+" (having to start over to see the "true" ending). My worst experience was Kara no Shoujo 2, which is really long and you even have to do the crime scene investigations again only for a pretty short true ending which was still just a cliffhanger for part 3.

And I have to agree with other users, too many new characters introduced late into the story. I'm sure there were some who were never named/revealed and remained ??? until the end. It might have been wiser to keep them off-screen altogether and/or reduce the scope a bit.

Reactions: Lumari

Lumari

~Loves Fox girls~
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2018
Main reason for posting, dunno if it's just me: After playing through it and then choosing the Main Route the skip button wasn't available, all text was treated as new text. So I had to select "skip unseen text" in the options menu and manually skip forward which isn't ideal (might miss something).

And I have to agree with other users, too many new characters introduced late into the story. I'm sure there were some who were never named/revealed and remained ??? until the end. It might have been wiser to keep them off-screen altogether and/or reduce the scope a bit.
For the first quote: Yeah. I basically made a completely new script for the Main route so all of that is considered "new" lines.
Mostly to avoid another layer on top of the easy mode. I just wanted to play it save by reducing the chance to create a bug.
Some people probably run into crashes already when they start up an old save file and I didn't wanted players have to delete their old saves.

And for the second quote: Yeah. What you mean is the v0.7 update with all the maids who got introduced. I mainly introduced them so I don't have to explain why there are suddenly a bunch of maids in the sequel. Looking back at it and seeing all the negative feedback I got for that I agree that this wasn't the smartest choice. I worked on that update and Keepers 2 v0.1 at the same time which was a bit too much tbh. (that's not an excuse btw. Just an explanation~)

Happy you enjoyed it anyway though~

Reactions: Chlorid3

allisrandom

Mar 10, 2023
Thank you for replying and once again, thank you for a great story! I definitely enjoyed it (and maybe even spilled a tear or two along the way).

I had promised myself when I signed up that I would only dish out praise and not add criticism but then I got "baited" by the previous posts and even start rambling about an entirely different game... damn you, internet!

But since you replied... (here I go again, stop yourself, you fool) I have no idea about scripts or anything, I vaguely understand, but I do think treating it as new text in the Main Route is a slight problem. I went there right after playing through it, so I remembered nearly all the scenes, but I had no idea when it would start diverging. For sure I missed something: Kiumi reacted differently the second time round (no pills), but it took me too long to notice.

As for the other point: To be honest, it wasn't the maids I had a problem with. It starts with a meeting in a... black room fairly early in the story (the vagueness to keep it totally spoiler free). A bunch of people talking I don't know (yet), if they all addressed each other by name (and for us users the names change from ??? to their name) it would make it easier to differentiate them and recognise them again later.

Lordfugi

Aug 31, 2022
( Screenshot 2023-06-10 002538.png )
( Screenshot 2023-06-10 002437.png )
( A BUTTON ) | TEXT to speech full unnecessary blah blah blah

Lumari

~Loves Fox girls~
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2018
( Screenshot 2023-06-10 002538.png )
( Screenshot 2023-06-10 002437.png )
( A BUTTON ) | TEXT to speech full unnecessary blah blah blah
That's a translating Issue. Words are longer in that language as intended and so that's why it wraps arround.

4.40 star(s) 23 Votes