• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others KEMOMIMI TREASURE HUNTERS! [Acid Style]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
I know these updates tend to take a while, but I wonder what the progress is at right now.
Progress is currently on hold until I can afford to purchase TL services, and then I'll get back into it.
You can check my posts at the end of page 14 for more information.
I've more or less settled personal accounts with my largest bill, but am still a little behind in the financial sense, so I haven't been able to afford hiring out for that last chunk.
For my own sake, I'm hoping I can get back to a stable spot money wise, but it's certainly been an interesting period of time lol.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
How much more do you need? I might fund the last portion of the translation.
That'd be exceptionally generous if so! No pressure any which way though, it's definitely not the cheapest endeavor lol.
Right now, a full character count minus duplicate names comes out to about 6,200 characters which is close to $160 USD.
And with the donation I have sitting in the wings, it'd probably mean I'd only need about $130 USD.

Last edited:

thekill

Dec 9, 2018
That'd be exceptionally generous if so! No pressure any which way though, it's definitely not the cheapest endeavor lol.
Right now, a full character count minus duplicate names comes out to about 6,200 characters which is close to $160 USD.
And with the donation I have sitting in the wings, it'd probably mean I'd only need about $130 USD.
how much left ? i could maybe help in the future

Reactions: TragicSolitude

thekill

Dec 9, 2018
I'm still sitting pretty on the $130 mark, for the moment! It's a decent chunk of change, so I'd appreciate it, but again no pressure either way!
oh nice, thats not big, but also big sum XD
mind if i ask you what past works you worked and all ?
sorry for asking ,but giving money, i kinda need to know its real and not fake etc etc >.<
and where to give ?

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
oh nice, thats not big, but also big sum XD
mind if i ask you what past works you worked and all ?
sorry for asking ,but giving money, i kinda need to know its real and not fake etc etc >.<
and where to give ?
Lol, it's just enough to a bit much that I'm not sure I can risk it atm, but not enough to be overwhelming for sure.

Well, I don't have too much other stuff that's been publicly released here. I did some light porting work for "Even Still, the Princess Knight keeps Walking!" and other stuff before I left ULMF for personal reasons.
Right now, I'm working on MTL'ing Devils Were Tempted by Ballad of Anima, and helping finish/porting the MTL for Explorer of the Golden Planet (the second newest Acid Style game) .
Additionally, As well as the if you really want to go through it all.
If any of this helped alleviate your concern, you can use my ko-fi (Linked in my sig) to send anything you might be considering! The only other thing I could really drop would be my transactions with Nox, but I'd have to blur his details and you'd have to work off timestamps only. (And I'm a little reticent to do that, as I'm not sure if it'd be okay with him lol)

• Red Heart
Reactions: thekill

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Not to spam the thread with more of my obnoxious posting, but I got the last bit in I needed to be able to afford hiring out Nox for the last section!
Thank you very much for your kind donations! I really appreciate it! I sent the money over to Nox and he will begin work on it in between his other commissions!
Once I get that back, I will apply it, and run through the game to ensure it's clean and ready to go and we will finally have this released!
And thank you all for your patience and support! Without all the interest from you all, I doubt I'd be able to have seen this little experience through!

Ritsujin

May 30, 2018
Leaving a pog here, so I know, when the chad translator posts it.

Played this a long while ago, but alas, language barrier, not much progress.
Bless the translator(s).

:PogChamp:

M3NT0R98

Sep 4, 2020
Lol, it's just enough to a bit much that I'm not sure I can risk it atm, but not enough to be overwhelming for sure.

Well, I don't have too much other stuff that's been publicly released here. I did some light porting work for "Even Still, the Princess Knight keeps Walking!" and other stuff before I left ULMF for personal reasons.
Right now, I'm working on MTL'ing Devils Were Tempted by Ballad of Anima, and helping finish/porting the MTL for Explorer of the Golden Planet (the second newest Acid Style game) .
Additionally, As well as the if you really want to go through it all.
If any of this helped alleviate your concern, you can use my ko-fi (Linked in my sig) to send anything you might be considering! The only other thing I could really drop would be my transactions with Nox, but I'd have to blur his details and you'd have to work off timestamps only. (And I'm a little reticent to do that, as I'm not sure if it'd be okay with him lol)
There's ChatGPT which can translate on a professional level. You don't necessarily need to use the money donated to hire a translator, you could simply ask ChatGPT to do it. That way, the work is done faster and translation is top-notch. Plus, you won't waste money on hiring anyone.

• Thinking Face

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
There's ChatGPT which can translate on a professional level. You don't necessarily need to use the money donated to hire a translator, you could simply ask ChatGPT to do it. That way, the work is done faster and translation is top-notch. Plus, you won't waste money on hiring anyone.
Well, the project is already finished being translated lol. (I just have to finish putting it all in now.) Though, ChatGPT has some basic usage in the Devils Were Tempted project I'm doing. I would hesitate to call its work "professional level" though, it leaves something to be desired when it comes to extremely metaphorical language. But I also don't read JP so I can't say word for word how it outranks other sources, so maybe I'm wrong!
Anyway though, I wanted to pay a translator because this is a dev I'm super passionate about and didn't want all my effort to essentially come out to someone going "ew mtl" because this engine is a bit of a pain haha.
But I appreciate the idea! It is definitely something I utilize and will probably continue to for projects I CAN'T pay for.

M3NT0R98

Sep 4, 2020
Well, the project is already finished being translated lol. (I just have to finish putting it all in now.) Though, ChatGPT has some basic usage in the Devils Were Tempted project I'm doing. I would hesitate to call its work "professional level" though, it leaves something to be desired when it comes to extremely metaphorical language. But I also don't read JP so I can't say word for word how it outranks other sources, so maybe I'm wrong!
Anyway though, I wanted to pay a translator because this is a dev I'm super passionate about and didn't want all my effort to essentially come out to someone going "ew mtl" because this engine is a bit of a pain haha.
But I appreciate the idea! It is definitely something I utilize and will probably continue to for projects I CAN'T pay for.
I look forward to seeing the translated version :)

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Well, we're finally here!
English release of Kemomimi Treasure Hunters!
This is a full version rather than an update just so I can play it safe with the release and not have to worry about people having different versions.

Important notes (please read):
-If you used any of the developer provided sprite changes or the decensors by either strugg or Thecat66666 you will have to REAPPLY these to this version. It uses the default sprites. Just simply copy the ..\bmp\chara_sp and ..\bmp\picture\anim folders from your version (if you have it) to this new release. Your desired sprite changes will be there!

-This still requires Japanese Locale or Locale Emulator (I THINK) to run. The game's code is still in Japanese, I only changed the text. If you get it to work without either of those, it may not be free of funny behavior, but try at your own risk!

-Also, if you already beat the game before this, you can do a New Game+ by approaching the ship next to the village, and there will be a text prompt that will show up for that!

Otherwise, please have fun and enjoy! And thank you all once again for all the kind words and support!
Double thank you for the kind souls who helped pay for the last section that needed to be sent off! I am extremely grateful for your financial support! As well to those who were willing to, just in general!
This has been a wildly interesting period of time, and I apologize that life got in my way so much! But if nothing else, this has given me a lot to take with me into other projects like this!

If you find any untranslated text or bugs that I somehow missed, please let me know! Either by a screenshot or being super descriptive. (A screenshot would definitely be best though!)

(Note: If the links are blank for you, DM me with your preferred mirror and I will send you the link personally. I tend to make changes that I guess the site doesn't like when I update the way I have been. Or comment on my newest profile post with a preferred host name, and I'll open dms with you if you're too new.)

Last edited:

numberoneloser

Aug 26, 2021
This is a full version rather than an update just so I can play it safe with the release and not have to worry about people having different versions.

-If you used any of the developer provided sprite changes or the decensors by either strugg or Thecat66666 you will have to REAPPLY these to this version. It uses the default sprites. Just simply copy the ..\bmp\chara_sp and ..\bmp\picture\anim folders from your version (if you have it) to this new release. Your desired sprite changes will be there!

-This still requires Japanese Locale or Locale Emulator (I THINK) to run. The game's code is still in Japanese, I only changed the text. If you get it to work without either of those, it may not be free of funny behavior, but try at your own risk!

-Also, if you already beat the game before this, you can do a New Game+ by approaching the ship next to the village, and there will be a text prompt that will show up for that!

Otherwise, please have fun and enjoy! And thank you all once again for all the kind words and support!
Double thank you for the kind souls who helped pay for the last section that needed to be sent off! I am extremely grateful for your financial support! As well to those who were willing to, just in general!
This has been a wildly interesting period of time, and I apologize that life got in my way so much! But if nothing else, this has given me a lot to take with me into other projects like this!

If you find any untranslated text or bugs that I somehow missed, please let me know! Either by a screenshot or being super descriptive. (A screenshot would definitely be best though!)

Crazy, I spot this game on DLSite then head over f95 to download, translation was released about 3 hours ago lol

Ritsujin

May 30, 2018

LET'S GOOOOOO. :PogChamp: :PogChamp: :PogChamp: :PogChamp: :PogChamp: :PogChamp: :PogChamp: :PogChamp: :PogChamp:
1691032320101.png

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Also, this happens when interacting with the music box at home.
I think this is probably behavior from the base game. The events (The music box and the twins' mother) are super close together so you can interact with them at the same time, and it causes that error from calling two events at once. I don't believe I can really fix that. I've seen it before post-game, as well, when you can still interact with the music box and talk, so you just have to be careful you don't see two prompts before trying it.
If I knew more about the engine, I might be able to fix it, but my knowledge mostly leans to finding where text is lol.

After saving Mel, returning the crystal staff, and unlocking snowy peaks, talk to Mel.
Ah, thanks for the catch as well. Updated that, was just a duplicate line that got translated for first runs, but not for NG+ runs (or maybe the other way around). Pretty minor, just flavor text.
Drag and drop into ..\data\stg4, overwrite when prompted if you'd like to have that updated for your game.
Will be added to the main downloads and links reupdated in a few.

Last edited:
Reactions: cm4000
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes