Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
...Directory means the folder the game is in. You know that little thing you double-click to actually open the game? That's an "executable". Or "App" if you're a pretentious zoomer. The folder it's contained in is called the game's "Directory", and somewhere in that folder is everything the game needs to run, every image, and every line of code. Most of it's probably packaged up real tight in the executable.

If you extract the zipped file that holds the mod you'll get another folder. Inside this folder is another executable and a file called a.dll

Both of these should be copied into the Directory for Kemomimi Treasure Hunters - remember, that's where the original executable is! - and the new executable allowed to overwrite the old one. a.dll will just kinda exist in the folder, doing boring stuff.

Once the Executable is overwritten, you have new code for the game. When you double-click the executable this time, the game should open as normal and play as normal, but this time, when you get fucked, the characters will lose their clothes. That's it, you're done.

Flare607

Mar 30, 2023
I know about the first thing. I was talking about how to access it, I think I messed up how I worded it in the last post I put. I know it can be accessed via "OS (C: )/user/appdata/local" but for some reason it's taking a long time just to search for it when I put it in the search bar in files. Is there another way to access it? I also did look through all the folders in the file and tried to see if it was hidden, but I didn't see the original "a.dll"

Last edited:

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
I know about the first thing. I was talking about how to access it, I think I messed up how I worded it in the last post I put. I know it can be accessed via "OS (C: )/user/appdata/local" but for some reason it's taking a long time just to search for it when I put it in the search bar in files. Is there another way to access it? I also did look through all the folders in the file and tried to see if it was hidden, but I didn't see the original "a.dll"
Did you...unpack the game to its own folder? You have to unpack the game entirely first, if not.
The game and the mod shouldn't be running from your Appdata folder at all unless you unpacked it there. Which is not advisable.
Just then unpack the mod into the game folder, and allow it to replace the game exe. The dll isn't replacing anything, it's an addition that is needed for the mod.

hello when i copy the mod the app don't run. can i have a help?
You'll have to be more specific. What did you do, did you replace the exe with the modded exe and run that?
Is the dll file in the root folder of the game?

Flare607

Mar 30, 2023
Did you...unpack the game to its own folder? You have to unpack the game entirely first, if not.
The game and the mod shouldn't be running from your Appdata folder at all unless you unpacked it there. Which is not advisable.
Just then unpack the mod into the game folder, and allow it to replace the game exe. The dll isn't replacing anything, it's an addition that is needed for the mod.

You'll have to be more specific. What did you do, did you replace the exe with the modded exe and run that?
Ah, okay thank you!

patron97

Feb 28, 2018

yes I did replace but when I start the exe it opens and closes immediately only the one with the Japanese writing starts

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
yes I did replace but when I start the exe it opens and closes immediately only the one with the Japanese writing starts
Does your folder details (size and file count) match this, with the mod included and unpacked?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What Windows are you running? Where are you running the game from?
It's possible depending on where you are running the game, and what ver of Windows you have, that it's being prevented from running due to the mod or where it's saved.
I generally advise not to run hentai games from Windows protected directories. My Documents, Desktop, etc. Anything in C:\Users\(Your name)\ is best avoided.
C:\Program Files\ or a different drive entirely is best practice.

patron97

Feb 28, 2018
I dettagli della tua cartella (dimensioni e numero di file) corrispondono a questi, con la mod inclusa e decompressa?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Che Windows stai utilizzando? Da dove esegui il gioco?
È possibile, a seconda di dove stai eseguendo il gioco e della versione di Windows che hai, che ne venga impedito l'esecuzione a causa della mod o del luogo in cui è stato salvato.
In genere consiglio di non eseguire giochi hentai dalle directory protette di Windows. I miei documenti, desktop, ecc. Qualsiasi cosa in C:\Users\(Il tuo nome)\ è meglio evitare.
C:\Programmi\ o un'unità completamente diversa è la procedura migliore.
[/CITAZIONE]

Ciao, grazie per il tuo aiuto, quindi le dimensioni sono diverse:
Dimensione 552MB(578.880.231)
Dimensione disco 557 MB (584.708.096)
Contenuto 2759 file 184 cartelle

Ho cambiato il percorso come hai detto tu ma continua a non funzionare.
Ho Windows 10

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Hi, thanks for your help, so the dimensions are different:
Size 552MB(578.880.231)
Disk size 557 MB (584,708,096)
Contents 2759 files 184 folders

I changed the route like you said but it still doesn't work.
I have Windows 10
Apologies, I forgot the folder I was using for size count was my distribution version.
On checking a clean set, your game seems like it was extracted properly.
If it's somewhere different, and on Windows 10, and still doesn't run, I'm not entirely sure what this issue could be.
Can you run the game as is without the mod? As in, the original version before you replaced the exe?
If yes, the only thing I can think of is MAYBE there's some difference between how Windows in your native language handles file paths and might be interfering with the mod's code. If your Windows isn't set to English, try setting it to that to see if the mod runs then?

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes