lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
popsexstudio
Begin playing your game. And right from the start I see "Russian" female with male last name.
I understand that for people from the other side of the globe Russia is mostly terra incognita. But it's not the reason to make elementary mistakes. If your character is Russian or tries to look like Russian, you can google all the needed things. Like how Russian names are. Nouns in Russian change according to gender. Last names included. Orlov is a male last name, like Ivan Orlov, the same last name for female will be Orlova, like Anna Orlova (Annette is a French name, FYI).
It's not something big (like Russian soldiers riding bears) but it's like basics of name-making. You do not name Asian with name and last name, you do the opposite. And you use Russian last name according to gender.

UPD
And then you continue to pile up language mistakes. When MC go to university he sees sign on the door "Annette Orlof". It seems the only Russian you know is Natasha Romanoff. Let me enlighen you. The ending -off is used instead -ov for toothless Americans who cannot pronounce -ov. And American comic writers have no knowledge of Russia, it was cold war, iron cirtain and so on (yeah, Black Widow appears in 1964). The ending is exactly -off, not -of.
So, at first, Olga said her sister Annette Orlov is here. And then MC sees that Orlov became Orlof. Maybe it's mistype?

Last edited:

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Most names in the game have a meaning for me or for the people who helped me during the development of the game, Olga Orlov was the first boss I had in my first job, she was a Danish woman raised in Brazil, she died of cancer a few years ago and naming a strong, intelligent feminine character was a way of honoring her. It has nothing to do with Russia.
The name on the door is a typo that will be corrected.
From in-game info:
Olga Orlova - age 60+ (and she looks her age)
Annette Orlova - age 24.
Age gap between sisters is close to 40 years!? Would it be more logical to make younger one more older (or make them mother and daughter)? She's head of local university after all, how is it possible in such young age?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Chrisdarock19

popsexstudio

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
From in-game info:
Olga Orlova - age 60+ (and she looks her age)
Annette Orlova - age 24.
Age gap between sisters is close to 40 years!? Would it be more logical to make younger one more older (or make them mother and daughter)? She's head of local university after all, how is it possible in such young age?
Another typo will be fixed in the next version, her age is 44.

3.70 star(s) 28 Votes