VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
So, not abandoned, but also not getting an update any time soon? That where we're at with this one?
Yes, more or less that's the situation as of right now, Inkalicious said that once he will be able to finish a new chapter he will upload it, but no ETA, we can only wait. :)

Reactions: Demnor

Jellyluve

Apr 17, 2017
I just recently got the chance to play this game, and I got to say I really enjoyed it. I just hope that the dev doesn't just decide to stop working on the game it will be disappointing for another great game to get abandoned, with that said I do have some questions.

First off, is the pdf walkthrough made by the dev or someone else? I just want to know if it will be updated with the game or we have to wait for it.

The other question is, does the dev normally release the "Family Edition" when the "Standard Edition" gets released, or does it normally get delayed?

Last edited:

Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
Just started this game. Does this guy grow some fucking balls, or does he just stay a pathetic loser the entire time? I mean hell, being mad about him spying is perfectly fine... but you just sit there and let them slap your dick around like it's a fucking boxing bag? Leave bitch. You already are the one doing the scavenging. Leave, then let them see who needs who. Not like you're getting any by NOT leaving as it is. Be fucking ASSERTIVE instead of a passive little bitch.

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Just started this game. Does this guy grow some fucking balls, or does he just stay a pathetic loser the entire time? I mean hell, being mad about him spying is perfectly fine... but you just sit there and let them slap your dick around like it's a fucking boxing bag? Leave bitch. You already are the one doing the scavenging. Leave, then let them see who needs who. Not like you're getting any by NOT leaving as it is. Be fucking ASSERTIVE instead of a passive little bitch.
lol Havin' yourself a bad day and needed to vent on the pirate forums?

How far in are you? Maybe give it more than 10 minutes before you come make a post about berating it eh?

Sep 30, 2017
I just recently got the chance to play this game, and I got to say I really enjoyed it. I just hope that the dev doesn't just decide to stop working on the game it will be disappointing for another great game to get abandoned, with that said I do have some questions.

First off, is the pdf walkthrough made by the dev or someone else? I just want to know if it will be updated with the game or we have to wait for it.

The other question is, does the dev normally release the "Family Edition" when the "Standard Edition" gets released, or does it normally get delayed?
Bump

Reactions: alice440x

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I am 6'7", my mother is 5'6". I easily have over 150 pounds on her of muscle. I am damn near 50 and she is 75. Let me tell you, I have never shied away from a fight, or anything, but when my mother speaks or yells at me, I lower my head and say "yes ma'am", to this day. You want to treat your mother that way - fine. Most people who are not sociopaths treat their mother in a way, that you don't yell at her, because of you doing something, which is considered wrong in society (like, perving on your sister). I think the dev got that writing damn near perfect for a late teen aged kid living with a mother, and sister in a global shit storm.

I don't care who you are, your mother is the one person who can make you stop, and feel bad with just a glance, much less a few choice words.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
The Family and Standard editions are based on the content possibilities. I forget the details but the dev may have had issues with Patreon and released the Standard Edition, and had the Family Edition here (I forget).

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
I am 6'7", my mother is 5'6". I easily have over 150 pounds on her of muscle. I am damn near 50 and she is 75. Let me tell you, I have never shied away from a fight, or anything, but when my mother speaks or yells at me, I lower my head and say "yes ma'am", to this day. You want to treat your mother that way - fine. Most people who are not sociopaths treat their mother in a way, that you don't yell at her, because of you doing something, which is considered wrong in society (like, perving on your sister). I think the dev got that writing damn near perfect for a late teen aged kid living with a mother, and sister in a global shit storm.

I don't care who you are, your mother is the one person who can make you stop, and feel bad with just a glance, much less a few choice words.
I forgot she was the mother. For people playing standard edition she is random woman so it does feel weird

Reactions: GmFn1869

ApolloApe

Jul 24, 2019

Not that I disagree, but you gotta admit; if your mom is slapping your hard-on around (which some people are into apparently), then the typical mother/son dynamic kinda just goes out the window. Believe me I'm into the whole mom-son fantasy thing, but when we start talking realm of reality there's already something gone awry in that relationship if they're at that point.

Reactions: alhriman

Multi27

Jan 16, 2022
Not that I disagree, but you gotta admit; if your mom is slapping your hard-on around (which some people are into apparently), then the typical mother/son dynamic kinda just goes out the window. Believe me I'm into the whole mom-son fantasy thing, but when we start talking realm of reality there's already something gone awry in that relationship if they're at that point.
just because she likes to suck your dick sometimes, doesn't mean you can start disrespecting her young man

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
just because she likes to suck your dick sometimes, doesn't mean you can start disrespecting her young man
Lots of people here seems to fail to understand that the "MC" is not the alpha of the pack, Megan is, and I really wouldn't dare to " grow a pair" against someone that can easily slice them off and serve them to you for breakfast before kicking you out in to the wild....
And if someone think that Sam is a slave/pet they also failed to understand what's really going on between them too.... We as the MC are playing with fire, and I think we are in for a surprise in the next chapters...
Every action has a consequent counter action and thinking with your dick in a scenario like this can be very, very dangerous.....

Last edited:

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Ch6 Promo Overwhelmed.jpg

It's getting harder (har har) to update with spoilers, but here's a teaser image anyway.

Progress is crawling along. To give an indication of timing, this image took around 2 and a bit hours to build.
I. Am. Slow.

I also had to take a long break as I lost several large scenes due to corrupted save file.
I don't even want to think about how much time was lost. Not only in losing that work, but having to redo the same scenes. Soul destroying and a total b*stard to get back on the horse after that, but clamber back on I did. Sobbing all the way.

It's all good now though. Yep. All good...

And we're nearly a quarter way through 2022! Who knew?! C'mon Spring!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
View attachment 1710456

It's getting harder (har har) to update with spoilers, but here's a teaser image anyway.

Progress is crawling along. To give an indication of timing, this image took around 2 and a bit hours to build.
I. Am. Slow.

I also had to take a long break as I lost several large scenes due to corrupted save file.
I don't even want to think about how much time was lost. Not only in losing that work, but having to redo the same scenes. Soul destroying and a total b*stard to get back on the horse after that, but clamber back on I did. Sobbing all the way.

It's all good now though. Yep. All good...

And we're nearly a quarter way through 2022! Who knew?! C'mon Spring!
You teaser! :love: :love:
Jokes apart I'm sad to hear you got that issue, take your time and don't overexert yourself, when it will be ready it will be ready, we will wait.:)

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
I forgot she was the mother. For people playing standard edition she is random woman so it does feel weird
Forgiven. Standard Edition had that problem.
I enjoyed doing this scene because it was just so ridiculous.
She was slapping his hands, not his junk, but I thought it best summed up her disappointment, rage and exasperation at him and the situation. I mean he literally starts wanking as soon as they storm off. What a guy.

In the standard edition, I still hold that she's naturally taken on the motherly role to the younger ones. And they've gladly accepted it. So far.
No matter how you prefer to view their relationships, years together, scrabbling and surviving, have given them strong 'family' bonds.

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes