JHawkins

May 30, 2020
Almost every time i try to scroll back the entire game crashes, havent had that with any other Renpy game yet.

ShadowFireBFG

Sep 10, 2020
Thank you for the reply! I'm not sure what could be causing that, at the moment but I'll keep it mind.
im about to check something very silly that shouldnt even be a thing but it could fix the crash error for everyone who has it, the error is 99% chance being renpy itself's fault, because of a mistake the renpy dev made

well in conclusion it is 100% the rnpy versions fault using launch project on renpy version 7.4.1 bypasses the crash and lets it work normally, meaning everyone who it crashes for needs an older version of renpy to bypass the janky game engines issues, that i thought for sure would have been fixed by now
edit 2 this is currently bypassing all of the crashes ive read about here for the latest version as i cant even launch the game successfully from the exe

Last edited:

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
im about to check something very silly that shouldnt even be a thing but it could fix the crash error for everyone who has it, the error is 99% chance being renpy itself's fault, because of a mistake the renpy dev made

well in conclusion it is 100% the rnpy versions fault using launch project on renpy version 7.4.1 bypasses the crash and lets it work normally, meaning everyone who it crashes for needs an older version of renpy to bypass the janky game engines issues, that i thought for sure would have been fixed by now
edit 2 this is currently bypassing all of the crashes ive read about here for the latest version as i cant even launch the game successfully from the exe
Thank you! I've been using the latest stable build of renpy to compile, v7.4.6 released Jun 12th. I have in the past tried lots of different older versions of renpy but no matter what version I chose it would work for the vast majority of people but fail for some.

My plan has been to keep updating to the latest stable versions of renpy as they are released, until I arrive at a version that works for everyone. But definitely avoiding the nightly builds as those have more issues. Thanks for testing this as well, I was 99.9% sure it was an issue with Renpy.

Last edited:

ShadowFireBFG

Sep 10, 2020
Thank you! I've been using the latest stable build of renpy to compile, v7.4.6 released Jun 12th. I have in the past tried lots of different older versions of renpy but no matter what version I chose it would work for the vast majority of people but fail for some.

My plan has been to keep updating to the latest stable versions of renpy as they are released, until I arrive at a version that works for everyone. But definitely avoiding the nightly builds as those have more issues. Thanks for testing this as well, I was 99.9% sure it was an issue with Renpy.
yeah i think 7.4.1 was the last version that wasnt super ultra buggy af, literally every renpy game that fails to launch for me works once i run it through 7.4.1 so it has to be a wierd bug but if i hadnt been cleaning out my hdd i would have never remembered this or the game that forced me to dl 7.4.1 just to play it

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
yeah i think 7.4.1 was the last version that wasnt super ultra buggy af, literally every renpy game that fails to launch for me works once i run it through 7.4.1 so it has to be a wierd bug but if i hadnt been cleaning out my hdd i would have never remembered this or the game that forced me to dl 7.4.1 just to play it
Thanks. I just downloaded and setup 7.4.1, but I found out android doesn't build for this one. From all of my testing, it looks like the android build capabilities were fixed in renpy 7.4.5, so I'm going to stick with the latest for now 7.4.6 but keep updating when new stable releases come out.

None of my patrons had the crash on start issue (from poll), but a number of them use android (also poll). I've tried switching back and forth to different versions of the renpy engine for different builds, but it's not a very smooth work flow and I suspect that could cause even more problems.

I guess for now, the solution to the crash issue is the one you found, for those who have it, unless there's another solution like updating graphics or hardware drivers as well. Anyways, thanks again for your research.

onodamakoto

Mar 4, 2021
The game seems Nice~
Just curious about this POV game, is it MC wouldn't be show up his face (Faceless/Headless) from beginning of the game until the end of game?
I like POV game, but I don't like the MC will be Faceless/Headless from the beginning until the end of game. Feel like all the Sex scenes, the girls are fucking with a totally Faceless/Headless guy. There are so many POV game show up the MC's face, even the Sex scenes also can clearly see the MC's face & the girl's face.
Hope the Game of headless/faceless of MC won't be a NEW trend~

ESM13

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
I gotta say man you have a very good game but the updates are way too small one event every month is just so little

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
The game seems Nice~
Just curious about this POV game, is it MC wouldn't be show up his face (Faceless/Headless) from beginning of the game until the end of game?
I like POV game, but I don't like the MC will be Faceless/Headless from the beginning until the end of game. Feel like all the Sex scenes, the girls are fucking with a totally Faceless/Headless guy. There are so many POV game show up the MC's face, even the Sex scenes also can clearly see the MC's face & the girl's face.
Hope the Game of headless/faceless of MC won't be a NEW trend~
I dislike like when the MC's face is shown. It's not what I want to look at, especially during sex scenes. I try to avoid it but there are some scenes where I found it unavoidable, so you will see his face in some scenes. You'll actually see his face at one point in Olivia's storyline, in version 0.6.0 and above, and possible some others stories in the future.

I gotta say man you have a very good game but the updates are way too small one event every month is just so little
Thank you! As far as update frequency, I do more than one update a month. About 3 a month right now, but it varies depending on the size of the updates.

I'm trying to grow, since I do this full time and I'm not currently making enough to survive which is why I do more frequent updates. Every time I do an update, it's a chance for me to possible get a new sub because the game shows up on the recently updated list that people look at. When it's not right after an update, it hardly gets any downloads. I wish I didn't have to worry about money, but I gottah eat lol. So I'm trying to do what's necessary to grow at the moment and after testing different things, I've found growth is definitely faster for me with smaller more frequent updates but I will still need to figure out a lot more things for growth to make it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingvlad

ESM13

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
I wish I didn't have to worry about money, but I gottah eat lol. So I'm trying to do what's necessary to grow at the moment and after testing different things, I've found growth is definitely faster for me with smaller more frequent updates but I will still need to figure out a lot more things for growth to make it.
I understand where you are coming from and I hope you gain a lot of subs soon because your game has potential
I know it is totally not my place but I would give two advices use them or not as you like

1\ Since you made small update try make it like a patch which be added to the game if you have it download like you won't have to download the game again every time there is a new update but just a patch so it would be smaller to download

2\ Don't do the game full time yet like you should find something else to make money by you still at first steps so take your time with it

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
I understand where you are coming from and I hope you gain a lot of subs soon because your game has potential
I know it is totally not my place but I would give two advices use them or not as you like

1\ Since you made small update try make it like a patch which be added to the game if you have it download like you won't have to download the game again every time there is a new update but just a patch so it would be smaller to download
Thanks. I might do that, for the next story update that feels a little smaller. (Patch version number instead of the middle version number). Good idea.

2\ Don't do the game full time yet like you should find something else to make money by you still at first steps so take your time with it
I'm not sure I could find a job/other hustle, but if I get too low on savings I will definitely try. I actually got fired from my last job for making one of these games on my free time at home and getting doxed and smeared in the media, so I technically have been "cancelled" even though I already struggled to find any work before getting cancelled.

But I think I can make it before I run out of savings. I'm listening to all feedback, and the things that make sense to change I'm changing for Kingdom Harem but for other feedback and lessons learned I'm taking it into account for how I design my next game, which will be in a different visual style. I've improved in writing and other skills over the roughly 10 months full time I've been working on KH. So the next one should be even better than Kingdom Harem. I'll likely release a teaser for that before the end of the year.

• Sad
Reactions: Dragon59

Elyauris

Mar 28, 2019
Hey, i got KingdomHarem.exe not responding when tried to save game :(
Edit: Same when i tried to load saved game
Editv2: Now even can't start new game :(
(15min -----> total time i could play)

Editv3: Okay, i tried many times and now its working again . . . so everything is GUD :D

Last edited:

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Kingdom Harem [v0.7.1] [Ortus] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 699 MB / 214 MB - KingdomHarem-0.7.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 665 MB / 180 MB - KingdomHarem-0.7.1-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): - -

Please drop a (y) to support my work. Thanks and happy fapping gaming! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
Hey, i got KingdomHarem.exe not responding when tried to save game :(
Edit: Same when i tried to load saved game
Editv2: Now even can't start new game :(
(15min -----> total time i could play)

Editv3: Okay, i tried many times and now its working again . . . so everything is GUD :D
Oh shit. That's weird. :D Something with the game engine renpy most likely, but good to here it auto fixed it self. :D

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes