Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
You're so mean! Jk.

The main thing with that was, I noticed in most games if you do the same thing over and over, characters have the same exact response. But the same exact response is often not realistic and makes the world feel robotic and unreal. So I thought about how would these characters actually respond if the mc kept knocking on their door over and over. I think most people would get mad.

Another kind of small detail like that is the first time you check your bureau, it says "it's empty" and after that it will say "it's still empty" until you are able to put something in it, or if you click on a bedroom door when the room is empty the mc will first knock and then after that he'll try to open the door.

I also wanted to sprinkle in some options to be mean to give more player freedom. The most mean options, players were very unhappy with, because they were too mean, so they actually got removed but I think there's a decent balance. To balance out the begging for money option, I might create an option to give money once I add wood cutting or another quick way to earn money.

The game is also completely forgiving, no matter what horrible thing you do, you can still get things back to baseline and continue the stories, although some choices are remembered forever and referenced in conversations.
This does make me think of what Blizzard does when you click on units again and again. About every 10 or 20th click, it will have a different response.

The orc peon, for instance, goes through a number of responses like, "What you want?" and "Me not that kind of orc."

Reactions: syh653

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
how do I ask olivia out on a date?
If you've gotten to the point where you can ask her out, knock on her door in the basement during the day and then it should give you that option when you talk to her. It has to be during the day (Before it's dark out), because during the night she's trying to sleep.

Hello
When will be a new update? (for patreon and public)
Next update that advances the story, for Public and Patreon will be this month. Public is usually a day or two after patreon.

I paused Kingdom Harem development for a month to make this teaser. It shows patrons and followers what will be coming next after Kingdom Harem is finished, but I won't be working on it again until KH is fully finished, which won't be for a good while. There's a decent amount more story left to tell in KH. Also if you play this teaser (for Into the Woods), note that I'm improving my drawing skills and after KH is finished I will redo the art for it.

I've been to the river in the evening and at night. How do I drop the sugar in the river?
It can be any time Olivia is not there. Click on the water near the end of the dock to drop the sugar in. But it must be in your inventory. You can find sugar in the kitchen or buy it from the store in Cedarville.

Last edited:
Reactions: TadStrange

The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
I'm not super far in the game yet but I'd like the option to choose if mc wants to be more peaceful or not and not railroaded into wanting a peaceful life.
Edit: especially in situations like where Gobby pulls a sword on mc and threatens to kill him

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Kingdom Harem [v0.7.2] [Ortus] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 720 MB / 240 MB - KingdomHarem-0.7.2-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 685 MB / 205 MB - KingdomHarem-0.7.2-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
oh snap I didnt realize the updates for this came so fast. I'm actually behind for once, can't wait to see what you got in store for us now.

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
I'm not super far in the game yet but I'd like the option to choose if mc wants to be more peaceful or not and not railroaded into wanting a peaceful life.
Edit: especially in situations like where Gobby pulls a sword on mc and threatens to kill him
Yah, things are resolved with dialogue in this game and not violence. Although, if you keep going on Gobby's storyline you'll get to actually fight her, and knock her out if you want, which effects how some characters see you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Where is 'someplace wet'? I've visited the river for days but can't start megs second event

The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
Yah, things are resolved with dialogue in this game and not violence. Although, if you keep going on Gobby's storyline you'll get to actually fight her, and knock her out if you want, which effects how some characters see you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can use violence in dialogue I'm not saying I want an option to throw a punch I just want to be able to do more than "are you crazy" or "why are you doing this". Let me call her a cunt or something I mean come on.

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
You can use violence in dialogue I'm not saying I want an option to throw a punch I just want to be able to do more than "are you crazy" or "why are you doing this". Let me call her a cunt or something I mean come on.
screenshot0001.png

Fair suggestion. It will be in the next release. I'll probably sprinkle some more cruel dialogue options in, here and there. There are some mean things you can do in the version you have downloaded, such as using the "pregnancy go away drink" which you can buy at the store and give to a woman after she becomes pregnant, and some other things.

I did remove the meanest options I originally had because more than one person complained about them in this thread. But I've since started putting mean options in with the (mean) tag so people who want to be nice don't accidently click on them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinuss
3.60 star(s) 16 Votes