lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Goddammit, every single time I get a notification about this, I think it's about Harem Kingdom and when in getting Harem Kingdom notifications, it's vice versa!

606adit

Apr 10, 2020
How to get hidden scene ?
Well at least they have some words in the epilogue rather than just some bunch of pics without a word.
im enjoyed it

Sep 6, 2018
Patreon code lost to the sands of fuckin time so now if I wanna see those "deleted non-canon scenes" I gotta comb through the game files and compare to what is normally available in-game, which is awesome and because I'm a boring guy, I ain't doing it

Reactions: OverLord gamer

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
Congratulations! You'll be missed! Will you still have a presence on Discord?
Thank you! I really appreciate that. I just deleted my Discord Server.

Patreon code lost to the sands of fuckin time so now if I wanna see those "deleted non-canon scenes" I gotta comb through the game files and compare to what is normally available in-game, which is awesome and because I'm a boring guy, I ain't doing it
Code is "Table"

Last edited:

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
The developer's note sounds kind of like they're upset about how things turned out. Did WE f*ck up, somehow? :( Is it just the usual dissatisfaction a lot of writers get when what their work invariably falls short of what they had envisioned at the start, or something else entirely?

Sorry if this has already been asked or answered.
You guy's didn't make any mistakes.

I had to end it eventually. I've been working full time for two years making games, one year on Kingdom Harem, and a year before that on projects that didn't get any support.

When I left my job, over two years ago now, my goal was to find something I could do remotely to give me some flexibility of where to live, although I'm in the United States. Towards the end on Patreon, after Patreon's cut I was earning less than 100$ a month, so it wasn't working out for my goal. I burned through a huge amount of my life savings to make this game and the games before it.

I had been keeping my patron's updated on this, and told them a few months ago that I was wrapping things up. I also created a teaser for the project I would do after that (Into the Woods). I thought this one would do better, and give me a better chance of surviving off patreon income, with what I thought was a higher quality visual style (hand drawn), better quality story, and better gameplay mechanics from all the lessons I learned from making Kingdom Harem. This new game was a flop however, and the graphics were not even close to impressive enough for people to want to support it. My artistic abilities weren't good enough, and even though I was spending hours a day doing drawing drills and practicing, I realized it would still be years before I was a skilled enough artist to survive in any fashion.

And that spending time making games, rather than focusing on improving specifically my drawing skills would delay that even further, massively increasing the chance that I would eventually run out of money and be on the streets. I don't have any family, or career, or even a good resume, or any back up plans to fall back on, which is why decisions are critical to my own survival and I can not risk suboptimal use of my time.

As much as I'd love to continue making games forever, I can not do that and survive, or at least it is highly improbable. New comers that are able to break into the already over saturated market of games and make a living typically have a sufficiently high level of artistic skill within a specific artistic niche.

For Kingdom Harem, I though my competitive artistic skill would be in 3D modeling the locations, items, and world and the Honey Select characters would be good enough for me to eventually earn a living but this was not the case. It had been a year and I wasn't growing any more. I surveyed many devs, and all successful games make it to livable wage with the first few months or not at all. It's either visually competitive enough, or it is not and Kingdom Harem was not. I will be developing my drawing skills to ideally survive but I can objectively say it will be years before I'm good enough in that arena to survive on those talents, even with focused training.

Anyways, that's everything. I've made posts about this already buried somewhere in this thread as well as on my patreon, so the ending shouldn't come as a surprise, but I did work hard to make sure all the threads were tied up, and worked on it for months longer than I probably should have for my best chances of survival, in order to fully wrap everything up with the last few updates.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
You guy's didn't make any mistakes.

I had to end it eventually. I've been working full time for two years making games, one year on Kingdom Harem, and a year before that on projects that didn't get any support.

When I left my job, over two years ago now, my goal was to find something I could do remotely to give me some flexibility of where to live, although I'm in the United States. Towards the end on Patreon, after Patreon's cut I was earning less than 100$ a month, so it wasn't working out for my goal. I burned through a huge amount of my life savings to make this game and the games before it.

I had been keeping my patron's updated on this, and told them a few months ago that I was wrapping things up. I also created a teaser for the project I would do after that (Into the Woods). I thought this one would do better, and give me a better chance of surviving off patreon income, with what I thought was a higher quality visual style (hand drawn), better quality story, and better gameplay mechanics from all the lessons I learned from making Kingdom Harem. This new game was a flop however, and the graphics were not even close to impressive enough for people to want to support it. My artistic abilities weren't good enough, and even though I was spending hours a day doing drawing drills and practicing, I realized it would still be years before I was a skilled enough artist to survive in any fashion.

And that spending time making games, rather than focusing on improving specifically my drawing skills would delay that even further, massively increasing the chance that I would eventually run out of money and be on the streets. I don't have any family, or career, or even a good resume, or any back up plans to fall back on, which is why decisions are critical to my own survival and I can not risk suboptimal use of my time.

As much as I'd love to continue making games forever, I can not do that and survive, or at least it is highly improbable. New comers that are able to break into the already over saturated market of games and make a living typically have a sufficiently high level of artistic skill within a specific artistic niche.

For Kingdom Harem, I though my competitive artistic skill would be in 3D modeling the locations, items, and world and the Honey Select characters would be good enough for me to eventually earn a living but this was not the case. It had been a year and I wasn't growing any more. I surveyed many devs, and all successful games make it to livable wage with the first few months or not at all. It's either visually competitive enough, or it is not and Kingdom Harem was not. I will be developing my drawing skills to ideally survive but I can objectively say it will be years before I'm good enough in that arena to survive on those talents, even with focused training.

Anyways, that's everything. I've made posts about this already buried somewhere in this thread as well as on my patreon, so the ending shouldn't come as a surprise, but I did work hard to make sure all the threads were tied up, and worked on it for months longer than I probably should have for my best chances of survival, in order to fully wrap everything up with the last few updates.
Thank you for sharing that. Though it wasn't enough, I hope my own patronage helped--at least a little.
I really hope that you find the thing that lets you be creative and make a living.
I've seen a number of people declare their dislike for HS, saying they will not try a game that is done in HS. It's one reason I chose to use Daz Studio.
I do understand your feelings about 3d modeling. I'm not confident enough in my own drawing skill, so I felt I'd never be able to make it as a drawn game. I wish you all success in the future.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
Not playable for me. The game gives me the "programm not respondig" message on every corner!
lol people like you crack me up, as you said that's an issue on YOUR end, be it faulty download or missing something to the wrong OS you listed nothing to actually get help other then complain

edit: just to give some help did you try restarting your computer and trying again?

Reactions: V4mpire

Enkaan

Sep 18, 2018
lol people like you crack me up, as you said that's an issue on YOUR end, be it faulty download or missing something to the wrong OS you listed nothing to actually get help other then complain

edit: just to give some help did you try restarting your computer and trying again?
You know I actually had the same idea and re-downloaded the game. Sadly that didn't change anything. And yes a computer restart also does nothing. And I would love to get some help but what can I list to get help? There is no error message or anything. The game just stops responding while doing totally normal things like saving, picking a dialouge choice or changing the location and then it does nothing until I close the game.

I'm aware that a lot of people apparently have no problem at all. And I think I was just a bit frustrated after restarting the game a dozen times anf it just freezing up again.

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
You know I actually had the same idea and re-downloaded the game. Sadly that didn't change anything. And yes a computer restart also does nothing. And I would love to get some help but what can I list to get help? There is no error message or anything. The game just stops responding while doing totally normal things like saving, picking a dialouge choice or changing the location and then it does nothing until I close the game.

I'm aware that a lot of people apparently have no problem at all. And I think I was just a bit frustrated after restarting the game a dozen times anf it just freezing up again.
Does it create a log file that might have more details in it? this would be in the main game directory, as this is a rather strange one as it seems to have problems with simple Ren'Py functioning

Enkaan

Sep 18, 2018
Does it create a log file that might have more details in it? this would be in the main game directory, as this is a rather strange one as it seems to have problems with simple Ren'Py functioning
Here I hope this helps.

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Here I hope this helps.
Sadly I don't see anything in there that could help as the only thing that some might think is an issue is in basically all log files I've seen of many Ren'Py games.

You've not played it at all before, right? As only idea I could maybe think of is if I compile it with the Ren'Py version I use to see if you get different results, otherwise I'm out of ideas.

Enkaan

Sep 18, 2018
Sadly I don't see anything in there that could help as the only thing that some might think is an issue is in basically all log files I've seen of many Ren'Py games.

You've not played it at all before, right? As only idea I could maybe think of is if I compile it with the Ren'Py version I use to see if you get different results, otherwise I'm out of ideas.
No never played the game before. Probably just some stupid miniscule thing. Thank you for trying to help^^.

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes