2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Well just played the update of this game

The story needs a proof reader badly caus some lines of dialogue are a bit off

After a long wait to see just a very small update is a bit annoying

But at least we were meeting some new characters

Story is interesting tho but the long wait between updates and the small pieces of update makes me wonder if we will ever seen the end of it

Hopefully next updates will come faster

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
Hey mate the game was overall good but one thing I would like to say is choose the music a bit differently. You know it really matters and make it more enjoyable and also help you to connect with the story. In the prologue I think it would be better if you had chosen a sad or suspense bgm instead of that bright one. Again it's just my opinion. Do what you like and good luck to your game.
Thanks for the advice. I talked yesterday with a friend with whom I went to music high school about this project and music. And we plan to find some good music for each scene and compose some stuff if we see that it's needed. Because of all of you guys and your positive, negative and constructive criticism v0.2 will probably get a complete overhaul.

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
Well just played the update of this game

The story needs a proof reader badly caus some lines of dialogue are a bit off

After a long wait to see just a very small update is a bit annoying

But at least we were meeting some new characters

Story is interesting tho but the long wait between updates and the small pieces of update makes me wonder if we will ever seen the end of it

Hopefully next updates will come faster
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the big problem about dialogues is how they have been constructed and the unnatural way of characters talk. Regarding the size of the update, the next update is planned to be a 200-300 renders update with two in-game days. I will force it to come out as fast as possible with a certain quality.
Version v0.1 was planned to finish the last day of the beta version and complete that part of the introduction. The reason for the long wait is too many spelling and grammar mistakes. I learned hard way how things should be done. I am using two writing assistant programs to help me where I lack. As far as I calculated v0.2 should be also a big update but the plan is to publish it before the end of the year. I know that once a month is not that great of the schedule, but I am a one-man team and I will do my absolute best to give you guys content I think should be out here.
There won't be smaller updates if they are unnecessary, which means once a month one update with around 30-45 minutes of content at least.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
I know that once a month is not that great of the schedule, but I am a one-man team and I will do my absolute best to give you guys content I think should be out here.
There won't be smaller updates if they are unnecessary, which means once a month one update with around 30-45 minutes of content at least.
Are you kidding?
With such an "update frequency", many devs got so burned that the games were given up.

Well-intentioned advice: don't make promises about release dates!
Do betas and give it to a few people to test and proofread them.
And finally publish it when it's done.

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
Are you kidding?
With such an "update frequency", many devs got so burned that the games were given up.

Well-intentioned advice: don't make promises about release dates!
Do betas and give it to a few people to test and proofread them.
And finally publish it when it's done.
About this one. I want to keep a certain schedule as close as possible. I will do my best.
I planned on giving betas to some people to test them and tell me where are the problems. I thought about it when I read all those comments about dialogues and how they are lacking natural flow. I don't plan to give up on this game or any other project in the (distant) future. I can promise that I think of this project as my baby and it means a lot to me.
And last but not least, I will listen to your advice. Those are really kind words.
Thank you

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
I will do my best. I don't plan to give up on this game or any other project in the (distant) future. I can promise that I think of this project as my baby and it means a lot to me.
Nobody doubts that at the moment, but honestly, you would not be the first and not the last to just no longer be able to.
Burnout can be a fucking asshole and why put so much pressure on yourself?

A last advice.
Think about switching from jpg to webp, you save between 1/4 and 1/3 in size without any loss of quality.
Almost 900 mb for a 0.1 version is crazy and with further updates and a lack of free data hosts with good bandwidth, it will become a problem for many people to download it.

P.s.
I knew that emma seemed familiar to me from somewhere.
She looks like the DINGBAT vom SisterinLaw :LOL:

Edit:
If you open the gallery via the main menu it works fine, but if you open it via quick menu there is an error.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingoftheJungle009

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
Nobody doubts that at the moment, but honestly, you would not be the first and not the last to just no longer be able to.
Burnout can be a fucking asshole and why put so much pressure on yourself?

A last advice.
Think about switching from jpg to webp, you save between 1/4 and 1/3 in size without any loss of quality.
Almost 900 mb for a 0.1 version is crazy and with further updates and a lack of free data hosts with good bandwidth, it will become a problem for many people to download it.

P.s.
I knew that emma seemed familiar to me from somewhere.
She looks like the DINGBAT vom SisterinLaw :LOL:

Edit:
If you open the gallery via the main menu it works fine, but if you open it via quick menu there is an error.

Thank you for your advice. I will definitely use webp from now on. And about Emma's model; I didn't play SisterinLaw, but I just saw it, and yeah, they look the same. Pure coincidence.

Reactions: Spatenklopper

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
King's New Life [v0.1] [KingoftheJungle] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 782 MB / 173 MB - King'snewlife-0.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 748 MB / 139 MB - King'snewlife-0.1-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
"""
v0.1
around 100 more renders
We have a small gallery of 9 renders. All renders are unlocked as my way of saying sorry for the wait.
We have a character gallery, currently with only 13 characters (main cast for this update).
All spelling and grammatical mistakes are fixed by the standards of two writing assistant programs (Grammarly and ProWritingAid) plus I had a proofreader look through the dialogues.
The initial release has over 20000 words if somebody is counting that. It also has over 100 more renders (I just wanted to finish the last day of the beta version.).
"""

well
in the first 5 minutes i got some light headache :cautious: - should be done another time this "proofread" ...
KingoftheJungle009

Reactions: KingoftheJungle009

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Thanks, I already got a direct message about this from another user saying the same. I change every post on Patreon so it says nothing about I-PATCH.
Just a note, be careful with Mega too.
Currently they close accounts faster than you can open them ...

...the whole dialogue and scenes around the park could be 20-30mins with just simple descriptive text between pauses in conversation.
I hope you don't take this too literally.
Because this can harm a story just as much if you overdo it as if you leave it out completely.

A "deterrent" example where such a narrative art was grossly exaggerated for me was Melody.
I had the feeling that the dev had partially forgotten that he was writing an erotic story and instead wanted to teach the player, with excerpts from wikipedia and encyclopedias, to play the a ukulele in 2751 different variants...

It's about the art of finding the right balance to tell a real story without tiring or boring the reader but also about, what can I best call it, to fill unused spaces simply to deepen the story.

I can only advise you again not to give yourself any fixed publication dates.
You will get to a point where you are stuck more than once. Be it because a rendering does not want the way you would like it, or an animation is so crappy that you redo it for the third time.
Or, if you then play your game yourself, at the end of an update you notice that something is still missing in the middle and you have to squeeze it in between.
If you can really foresee when you will bring out an update, announce it, but otherwise make no promises.
In all honesty, as great as it is to get regular updates, I prefer to read the words "it comes when it's finished" than postponed, delayed ...

Much more important than that is regular and open communication.
Whether you make it public (like here on a pirate site) or to reserve it to your paying patreons is your decision, although it would of course be nice to read and see more of you here.

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
"""
v0.1
around 100 more renders
We have a small gallery of 9 renders. All renders are unlocked as my way of saying sorry for the wait.
We have a character gallery, currently with only 13 characters (main cast for this update).
All spelling and grammatical mistakes are fixed by the standards of two writing assistant programs (Grammarly and ProWritingAid) plus I had a proofreader look through the dialogues.
The initial release has over 20000 words if somebody is counting that. It also has over 100 more renders (I just wanted to finish the last day of the beta version.).
"""

well
in the first 5 minutes i got some light headache :cautious: - should be done another time this "proofread" ...
KingoftheJungle009
Yeah, I think something happened with the first part of the game (intro and the start after) with v0.2 I plan to rewrite part of the v0.1 to feel more natural and already agreed with some people about proofreading everything.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Drainer002

Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, I think something happened with the first part of the game (intro and the start after) with v0.2 I plan to rewrite part of the v0.1 to feel more natural and already agreed with some people about proofreading everything.
I started to do some proofreading, im not english but i did manage to get rid of a lot of errors, i also split up those huge blocks of text, rewritten parts or readjusted sentences. prologue is completely done,

edit: i'm over half way so both prologue and first chapter is done, currently updated up to first morning at his families home (peeking on mom in the bathroom) , so thats already a good part of the 0.1 update, gonne take a break, i will probably finish today or might be tomorow we will see (once i start its hard to leave it unfinished). :unsure:

Last edited:

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
I started to do some proofreading, im not english but i did manage to get rid of a lot of errors, i also split up those huge blocks of text, rewritten parts or readjusted sentences. I'm not even halfway, it's taking to long but prologue is completely done, i have stopped at line 1016 for today.
Thank you for your work. I will do my best with the help of proofreaders to post such content that you guys wouldn't have to do anything like this ever again.

Drainer002

Jul 23, 2020
Oh com on, how manny of those bullshit lines are there? It's realy sickening and yes i get frustrated by this kind of thing.

"Agent B" "Okay Sir, just a second..."
"Agent B" "Okay Sir, just a second... Yes Ma'am..."
"Agent B" "Okay Sir, just a second... Yes Ma'am... Yes Ma'am..."
"Agent B" "She will expect you in her office, Sir."

Are these kind of stupidities because of the writer or some kind of program used?
I will keep on fixing this for the 0.1 but if this is still there in later updates, then i won't put my time into it. (i'm not talking about a single incident, it can happen but there are to manny of them). At least in this example only the 'Okay Sir, just a second...' is wrong.

Ok, i vented a bit now back to work hehe

edit: i made it look like this now:
"Agent B" "... Yes Ma'am..."
"Agent B" "... of course Ma'am... Yes Ma'am..."

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
Oh com on, how manny of those bullshit lines are there? It's realy sickening and yes i get frustrated by this kind of thing.

"Agent B" "Okay Sir, just a second... Yes Ma'am..."
"Agent B" "Okay Sir, just a second... Yes Ma'am... Yes Ma'am..."

Are these kind of stupidities because of the writer or some kind of program used?
I will keep on fixing this for the 0.1 but if this is still there in later updates, then i won't put my time into it. (i'm not talking about a single incident, it can happen but there are to manny of them). At least in this example only the 'Okay Sir, just a second...' is wrong.

Ok, i vented a bit now back to work hehe

edit: i made it look like this now:
"Agent B" "... Yes Ma'am..."
"Agent B" "... of course Ma'am... Yes Ma'am..."
Those lines are written like that for some other effect. The old part of the line shouldn't disappear and it would just add new text to the previous line.

If you guys don't want it like that, you can openly say it and I will do it differently. There is a discord server where we talk regularly about a lot of stuff. There is also a Patreon page where people who want to invest in this project can tell me what stuff they like or don't. I am not saying that everyone should go to Patreon now and give me your money; I am just saying that I have a commitment to the people from there and they are priority (this may be a hard pill to swallow but I think that's something most devs think but won't say). And the third way of saying your opinion is that after an update is finished there is a small menu where you can give me your opinion, afterward you can post that file to the link and I will read it and import it to the excel file.

P. S. Drainer002 I just want you to know that I am really grateful for what you do, and would like for you to join the discord and become one of the proofreaders for future updates if that's okay with you. The big paragraph wasn't an attack on you or your work, I just wanted to let you and other people who want to say what's on their mind know you have a place to say it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drainer002

Drainer002

Jul 23, 2020
I started to do some proofreading, im not english but i did manage to get rid of a lot of errors, i also split up those huge blocks of text, rewritten parts or readjusted sentences. prologue is completely done,

version 0.1
All right, i have finished proofreading, there will probably still be some errors or adjustmends in order but that's more so for some one who is more fluent in english.
Enjoy all.

edit: *fixed a faulty tab line
* fixed undifined error (MC)

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 25 Votes