paleguy

Nov 23, 2019
Hello, got an odd bug I want to ask a question about. Now in all fairness this is probably just caused by my crappy pc that barely meets the requirements to run the game, but whenever I try to use the "take picture" button (for the ID card) when creating a new character the visuals freeze up.

I know that the game itself is still running properly behind it as I still get the correct sound effects when I click the take picture button again or click on the cancel button (the mouse still works normally too). However once this happens the video won't start back up until I reboot the game.

I have been working around it by finding the premade characters that look closest to what I was aiming for and just saving my characters over that but I was wondering if anyone has had this happen and figured out how to properly fix it. Oh, also I haven't had any problems elsewhere besides horribly long load times, but like I said my pc barely meets the requirements so that is to be expected.

Edit: I figured out what the problem was. The Screenshot Manager plugin that is included in this pack had it's base settings too high for my computer to process alongside the burden the game itself makes. I turned down the setting there and the problem has been resolved. So if anyone else has trouble making a character because of this problem try turning down the settings for or uninstalling the screenshot manager.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zator

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Alright, I re-installed the entire game again (R9.3 version) and the "main game optimizations" settings are there, but the Force High Poly option wasn't.

I've explored the files for a bit, and ForceHighPoly was located in the [OPTIONAL] Mods folder.. should I transfer the dll (it says install dir.. so I'm guessing the BepInEx folder?), or should I really just remove them? :unsure:

EDIT: Nvm, I transferred them to the BepInEx folder, and ForceHighPoly settings appeared, allowing me to disable them.... But now that I think of it, would it make a difference in my end? I mean, they didn't appear in the BepInEx folder before this, soo I'm not really sure. I'll probably try and playtest the game again to check.

Well, I see. I understand where you're coming from, and I guess I should explore it more, since I'm relatively new to the game somewhat. I'll explore the wiki, for the time being.

But the instructions you speak of, however.. do you mean the tutorials or something? In the threads, I see people mentioning about instructions in the game, but so far, I don't think I've approach them... or do you mean the setting descriptions? :unsure:
No, it shouldn't be affecting the game if it isn't installed. I forgot I added force high poly to my install from [OPTIONAL] Mods and that some might not have.

Reactions: ImmaIvanom

Watters

Nov 9, 2017
Is/Are there specific file/s that cause the auto-translate to function? I kinda wanted to substitute in my own translations and formatting by directly modifying the documents, but whatever is doing the auto-translating is overriding any changes that I make. If anyone knows if there's a file or files that I can delete to solve this, I'd be very thankful.

...I suppose it's possible that switching off my internet might be a potential workaround, but I like to switch between tabs to look up stuff in between loading screens.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is/Are there specific file/s that cause the auto-translate to function? I kinda wanted to substitute in my own translations and formatting by directly modifying the documents, but whatever is doing the auto-translating is overriding any changes that I make. If anyone knows if there's a file or files that I can delete to solve this, I'd be very thankful.

...I suppose it's possible that switching off my internet might be a potential workaround, but I like to switch between tabs to look up stuff in between loading screens.
There are no files containing the translation in the repack, the files that are there pull from the Google Translate server in real time. I haven't seen an offline translation, except official ones by the devs, since a certain website went down.

Watters

Nov 9, 2017
There are no files containing the translation in the repack, the files that are there pull from the Google Translate server in real time. I haven't seen an offline translation, except official ones by the devs, since a certain website went down.
A few of the documents that I've opened (Main Story and the original Personalities) all have English translations done to a pretty solid standard (It'll appear in the following format: 'Kanji/Original Japanese text=English translation'. DLC stuff and extra Personalities show Notepad files with the original kanji but no translation after the 'equal' sign. In game, this comes up as auto-translate Engrish, so I thought there might be a script or file that's telling the game to use Auto-Translate and by getting rid of that specific file, I can just manually alter the documents I'm interested in.

Interestingly, the Auto-Translate will generate a new text document for this extra stuff (ex. In this case, it was the Google auto-translate script of a DLC Date).

Attached are two files showcasing the differences between the different types of translation as they appear in the game's data folders. The first is an official translation of the Nurse and the other is a document of the 'Willful' Personality, that while not having any accompanying English translation after the 'equal' sign, will be read by the game somehow (again, assuming that there's something reading these files and running it through Google Translate) and pop up in-game as Google translates it.

Savage Jesus

Aug 18, 2017
Yooo hiiii heeellooo heeei i got big problemo my girls do have nippels but when i get into h scenes they disappear :(( anyone knows how to fix? (Didn't change anything in the game just downloaded some cards)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
A few of the documents that I've opened (Main Story and the original Personalities) all have English translations done to a pretty solid standard (It'll appear in the following format: 'Kanji/Original Japanese text=English translation'. DLC stuff and extra Personalities show Notepad files with the original kanji but no translation after the 'equal' sign. In game, this comes up as auto-translate Engrish, so I thought there might be a script or file that's telling the game to use Auto-Translate and by getting rid of that specific file, I can just manually alter the documents I'm interested in.

Interestingly, the Auto-Translate will generate a new text document for this extra stuff (ex. In this case, it was the Google auto-translate script of a DLC Date).

Attached are two files showcasing the differences between the different types of translation as they appear in the game's data folders. The first is an official translation of the Nurse and the other is a document of the 'Willful' Personality, that while not having any accompanying English translation after the 'equal' sign, will be read by the game somehow (again, assuming that there's something reading these files and running it through Google Translate) and pop up in-game as Google translates it.
I wouldn't recommend getting rid of the connection to the server until you are actually done with the translation. Yes, the auto translate does store the translations it does into text files for easier access the next time, I completely forgot about this feature in my original reply. I would not trust the translations, though, as they can be either inaccurate on extremely rare occasions or so grammatically bad that they are worse than the original text. It does come up with somewhat understandable sentences on occasion. Also, I do believe there is another server being worked on by the modders on the Discord, a Google Doc that has manually translated text that is also pulled from by the auto translator for the H subtitles. You'll have to get permission to edit that unless it also saves those to a text file, in which case you could alter that. It would be nice to see an offline translation for once. I've been thinking about contacting the guys on Discord for write permissions so I could fix some of the subtitles and maybe pull them to make a local version of the mod, but I've been a bit busy.

Reactions: Watters

ImmaIvanom

Sep 27, 2019
No, it shouldn't be affecting the game if it isn't installed. I forgot I added force high poly to my install from [OPTIONAL] Mods and that some might not have.
Ah, I see. I think it's probably my end, then. I realized google chrome was eating a lot of my memory (42% of it right now!), and last time I played, I had it running along with chrome, so that must've contributed a lot to the gameplay's lag back then... a big mistake for me.

I'll check it out soon if not running chrome at all would help reduce the problems significantly on my end... If it doesn't much, I'll maybe try to increase RAM for this.. either that, or maybe do something with the shadows and the anti-alias or something (if that's any help at all??).

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help. :)

I don’t know what you mean when you write "I understand where you're coming from".
Everything that I write about can be easily found in this topic, including on the first page. Also, everything is in the descriptions of the authors of the repack or mods. The requirement "read the instructions before installation" can be seen at any author of the mod.
There are basic questions and basic problems, the answers to which are given in the wiki or in the game itself. The solution can be complex. From using the minimum settings to reducing the number of students in the class. The basics are spelled out in the settings of "f1" and other "f"
There is a wiki on the game, there are instructions in the game itself and there are instructions for each mod. This is all done for a reason, and all this must be read. Otherwise, you won’t know what your problem is and how to fix it. Some mods are incompatible and are removed in the new update, but some users use them, so these users need to know what needs to be done for the correct item, to work correctly.
The game is a complex set of elements that can be installed in different configurations and with different settings. You can install the original version and all the necessary elements yourself, or use a ready-made repack where you do not need to install anything yourself (except changing some settings as desired). If you want to update the repack yourself, you should know that a new installation can upset the balance and this requires your knowledge of what you are doing. The topic is used both by advanced users, including authors of games based on Koikatu, and ordinary users who are poorly versed in settings. And taking into account the fact that other builds based on Koikatu are discussed in the same topic, requiring separate settings, then inattentive reading can only confuse a user who is not used to reading.
If you are still using repack 9.3, although rx1 has been released for a long time, then it is not surprising that you cannot find the necessary information.
Bloody hell.. now I take it back when I said "I understand where you're coming from".... This was an utterly useless post; you're just stating the obvious and mentioned stuff I've checked ever since I got the game... and 363 words of nothing? Really?

And as for me "still using 9.3", are you serious? :rolleyes:
I only got this game yesterday, and never knew about RX1 until a couple of hours later.

Please, it'd be better if you don't reply to me again.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ah, I see. I think it's probably my end, then. I realized google chrome was eating a lot of my memory (42% of it right now!), and last time I played, I had it running along with chrome, so that must've contributed a lot to the gameplay's lag back then... a big mistake for me.

I'll check it out soon if not running chrome at all would help reduce the problems significantly on my end... If it doesn't much, I'll maybe try to increase RAM for this.. either that, or maybe do something with the shadows and the anti-alias or something (if that's any help at all??).

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help. :)

Bloody hell.. now I take it back when I said "I understand where you're coming from".... This was an utterly useless post; you're just stating the obvious and mentioned stuff I've checked ever since I got the game... and 363 words of nothing? Really?

And as for me "still using 9.3", are you serious? :rolleyes:
I only got this game yesterday, and never knew about RX1 until a couple of hours later.

Please, it'd be better if you don't reply to me again.
Yeah, both Chrome and this game can be resource hogs, especially when you get into classes bigger than the default limit. I was talking about it earlier in the thread with another user, it apparently takes 32GB of RAM to get the modded limit and still have it run smoothly.

Aragnier

Apr 2, 2019
Okay, I may be stupid and i am too lazy to look through a bunch of pages to find a solution, anyway... I have a problem.
First of all it took ages to even extract, since some of the files would not get extracted when done with all the other files, which might have lead me to miss out some files which might be important (since i tried finding all missing files and extract individually).
Anyway, i can get to the main menu now, but the only things that work are char maker and extras, nothing else not options nor exit or new nor anything located under char maker and extras. Does anyone have a solution for it or know where I can find a solution? an please don't just answer that I should look through a shit ton of sites to find a solution, that is really only when there is no other option.
THX in advance^^

Watters

Nov 9, 2017
Okay, I may be stupid and i am too lazy to look through a bunch of pages to find a solution, anyway... I have a problem.
First of all it took ages to even extract, since some of the files would not get extracted when done with all the other files, which might have lead me to miss out some files which might be important (since i tried finding all missing files and extract individually).
Anyway, i can get to the main menu now, but the only things that work are char maker and extras, nothing else not options nor exit or new nor anything located under char maker and extras. Does anyone have a solution for it or know where I can find a solution? an please don't just answer that I should look through a shit ton of sites to find a solution, that is really only when there is no other option.
THX in advance^^
I...think you might have answered your own question :geek:

Assuming you downloaded all the files on the front page and extracted them (I did this myself only last week), there should be an icon called 'Koikatu.exe' and the game should load up with all the options available such as 'New Game', 'Load Game' (obviously this'll be blanked out unless you have a save file already), 'Options' and 'Extras'.

If it helps, I downloaded all the files from one site - AnonFile and didn't have a problem getting the game up and running. Unless there's a pop-up that specifically says what files you're missing, you may have to re-download everything again.

Serance

Monster Girl Connoisseur
Donor
Jul 30, 2018
Repacks work out of the box and it takes no effort to run the game. Maybe your anti virus nuked a file. In the end you might have to redownload. Better than wasting time Aragnier

Aragnier

Apr 2, 2019
Anyone know about some nice mods with pubic hair and/or piercings? it is just such a pain in the ass to find them, so it would be nice if anyone could give me some links and recommendations (also for other mods if there are some you think one should have)

Aragnier

Apr 2, 2019
As a rule, mods in the repack have the latest version. If updates come out after the release of a new repack, then they are usually not significant. (with significant updates, a new repack is released).
But there really are other mods that can be used by other users. But in this case, it is necessary to remember the compatibility of mods. If all components in the repack are checked for compatibility, then any update, even if it is a new version of the mod, can cause errors, including critical ones.
A simple user who does not understand the installation is not recommended to update anything on their own.
Well, not really the answer I wished for, but still thanks. Though I am a layman when it comes to modding like this, I have had enough experience with other games and had my fair share of problems/crashes and whatever else a mod can fuck up.^^ I would still like to know if there are mods like that (which are not present in the repack), I can always make a clean install if all hell should break loose.

Also, you seem quite knowledgeable on this games, so if you don't mind, please answer another question of mine. As far as I know there should be some DLCs to the game. Are they already in the repack as well and if not how can I get them?

Cheers and thanks

spmchat

Jul 21, 2019
After long time find for honkai impact 3 character and get nothing, i decided make them myself

there is 3 character: Kiana, raiden mei, Yeasakura.
There have card for any1 want download...
And, Anyone have any overlay of them, im lack of clothing, i saw some mod of them somewhere.

Watters

Nov 9, 2017
Well, not really the answer I wished for, but still thanks. Though I am a layman when it comes to modding like this, I have had enough experience with other games and had my fair share of problems/crashes and whatever else a mod can fuck up.^^ I would still like to know if there are mods like that (which are not present in the repack), I can always make a clean install if all hell should break loose.

Also, you seem quite knowledgeable on this games, so if you don't mind, please answer another question of mine. As far as I know there should be some DLCs to the game. Are they already in the repack as well and if not how can I get them?

Cheers and thanks
I tend to make a copy of the entire game folder and leave it as a clean backup whenever I install any mods, just in case I fuck something up.

The DLCs in this game include the 'Darkness' DLC (which is where certain Personalities that are Experienced, have the chance to get sorta raped on the 3rd Floor when they're following you during the evening hours) and the 'Date' DLC which only triggers with extra locations on second dates with girls.

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes