fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
Is it possible to exit an hscene without engaging in sex in this game? At times I only want to grope or kiss a girl. I don't get an option to exit the scene without penetrating her first though.

Seronkai

Nov 11, 2017
Hey guys, sorry if these questions have been asked already before (I wouldn't know where to start looking for an answer to these questions). I've played this game before but I haven't kept up with it much, I hope you can help me (and perhaps also help with possible follow up questions).

Is the English in the Steam translation better/more complete than the one here? If so, is there a way for me to add the Steam translation on to the version here?

If lets say, you have the Steam version and just add the missing DLCs, would those DLCs also be translated?

Is there generally a better translation than the one you get from the torrent here? Since it seems like some parts are off in the translation or I suppose it get's translated by some additional program.

In the Torrent, what exactly is in the OPTIONAL folder?

Any extra tips for a more enjoyable experience with the game I guess? Like certain addons not included in the torrent or settings for the game to run a little better?

Thanks

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I would like to warn people about HF new patch(3.5+) and possible conflict with Kplug versions up from 2.22+. Do not install both. I think there was some disagreement regarding katarsys attitude towards compatibility between other mods and they just went their own ways.

It will mess up your censors and other stuff. At least that is what I get from what is out there and from my installation. I'm doing a new one. Will wait until everything is sorted out to see each direction offers more stuff. But for now, I will use one of those mods in an outdated fashion.

Well, good luck!
Katarsys is a little difficult to work with because he is extremely stubborn. That said, he's good at what he does. Unfortunately, not everyone has the patience to work with someone like him and that includes both the HF dev and apparently the Better Repack dev, STN as we call him here. The HF has been an issue in regards to Kplug for a long time now, anyway, so I wouldn't bother with it.

Is it possible to exit an hscene without engaging in sex in this game? At times I only want to grope or kiss a girl. I don't get an option to exit the scene without penetrating her first though.
As long as the scene in question isn't her first time, yes. That said, I don't remember names, but there are a couple mods that disable that little requirement and any scene after her first can be exited from the very first moment you take control.

Hey guys, sorry if these questions have been asked already before (I wouldn't know where to start looking for an answer to these questions). I've played this game before but I haven't kept up with it much, I hope you can help me (and perhaps also help with possible follow up questions).

Is the English in the Steam translation better/more complete than the one here? If so, is there a way for me to add the Steam translation on to the version here?

If lets say, you have the Steam version and just add the missing DLCs, would those DLCs also be translated?

Is there generally a better translation than the one you get from the torrent here? Since it seems like some parts are off in the translation or I suppose it get's translated by some additional program.

Any extra tips for a more enjoyable experience with the game I guess? Like certain addons not included in the torrent or settings for the game to run a little better?

Thanks
As for where to start, there is a search function in the top right of the page on this site. Yes, the English is almost native level in the Steam translation, but getting it by using the actual Steam version, called Party, comes at the cost of not having any of the school elements or DLC. That said, Better Repack, the version on here, comes with a version of it that is adapted to work with the Japanese version of the game that acts as the base for Better Repack itself and therefore comes with the DLC and school elements as well. Do note, however, that no DLC element is translated by the Steam translation because the DLC isn't meant for western players. No, there is no better translation than the one in this version because it is the official one that the game devs had done by fluent English speakers and the only other human translation project is slow moving and/or dead at this point, having been on two or three personalities and a few story scenes for the last several years with no sign of activity. The DLC elements are indeed translated by a machine in real time over the internet. As far as optional folders, there are multiple and they all contain things that are up to you, the player, to decide whether to install them. Optional mods contains several mods that enhance the game experience, but may have some conflicts, I'm not entirely sure of the criteria STN uses to determine whether to preinstall a mod or place it in the optional mods folder. There is also an optional folder outside the main game folder that contains stuff for the studio, you don't need this unless you want them for creating animations and screenshots like you see in most of the VNs on this site. It was separated to provide the user with a smaller package to download. As for addons or tips, get Kplug, it can be a bit hard to learn just because of how much it has, but it is well worth the effort because it adds A LOT to the experience. I strongly advise you to read the manual THOROUGHLY before using Kplug. Also, be warned that the first person mode is on by default, so you will want to turn it off in the Kplug options at first until you get familar with the Kplug first person controls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seronkai

namprofli3

Dec 25, 2019

Thanks
The abridged version, the steam translation was copypasted (then edited back in what was removed in the steam TL, specifically high school theme stuff and the like) to the non-steam repack so it doesn't come with DLC translations.

Also, the torrent provided is the same as the split download from here.

Optional already answered by alex, so no input needed from me.

Now, as for the tips, depends on what you're looking for. Generally, for making the game run better you need to disable ForceHiPoly, set the students numbers low and maybe use MobAdder to keep the enviroment alive until you can afford a highly expensive amount of RAM.
Also, if you're very into the character maker like myself, the Boop mod in the optional folder is a must-have.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hopefully kplug gets a competitor soon, that way we all benefit. ;)
Not going to happen at this late in the life of the game, Kplug has gotten too big of a head start to be anywhere near beatable. I'm not even sure there are modders working on new mods anymore. Most, if not all, are already done and are just maintaining compatibility.

Reactions: Lefty75uk

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
As long as the scene in question isn't her first time, yes. That said, I don't remember names, but there are a couple mods that disable that little requirement and any scene after her first can be exited from the very first moment you take control.
That's the thing though, I don't want to penetrate her on the first time because I'm trying to make a harem of horny virgin sluts.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That's the thing though, I don't want to penetrate her on the first time because I'm trying to make a harem of horny virgin sluts.
Like I said, there are a couple of mods that override this requirement, I THINK the one called Koikatu Gameplay Mod and Kplug can, but I'm not sure since I never worry about it. I just wait until they offer themselves to me. If they're giving it to me, I see no reason to refuse.

Reactions: fregreger

Seronkai

Nov 11, 2017
The abridged version, the steam translation was copypasted (then edited back in what was removed in the steam TL, specifically high school theme stuff and the like) to the non-steam repack so it doesn't come with DLC translations.

Also, the torrent provided is the same as the split download from here.

Optional already answered by alex, so no input needed from me.

Now, as for the tips, depends on what you're looking for. Generally, for making the game run better you need to disable ForceHiPoly, set the students numbers low and maybe use MobAdder to keep the enviroment alive until you can afford a highly expensive amount of RAM.
Also, if you're very into the character maker like myself, the Boop mod in the optional folder is a must-have.
Katarsys is a little difficult to work with because he is extremely stubborn. That said, he's good at what he does. Unfortunately, not everyone has the patience to work with someone like him and that includes both the HF dev and apparently the Better Repack dev, STN as we call him here. The HF has been an issue in regards to Kplug for a long time now, anyway, so I wouldn't bother with it.

As for where to start, there is a search function in the top right of the page on this site. Yes, the English is almost native level in the Steam translation, but getting it by using the actual Steam version, called Party, comes at the cost of not having any of the school elements or DLC. That said, Better Repack, the version on here, comes with a version of it that is adapted to work with the Japanese version of the game that acts as the base for Better Repack itself and therefore comes with the DLC and school elements as well. Do note, however, that no DLC element is translated by the Steam translation because the DLC isn't meant for western players. No, there is no better translation than the one in this version because it is the official one that the game devs had done by fluent English speakers and the only other human translation project is slow moving and/or dead at this point, having been on two or three personalities and a few story scenes for the last several years with no sign of activity. The DLC elements are indeed translated by a machine in real time over the internet. As far as optional folders, there are multiple and they all contain things that are up to you, the player, to decide whether to install them. Optional mods contains several mods that enhance the game experience, but may have some conflicts, I'm not entirely sure of the criteria STN uses to determine whether to preinstall a mod or place it in the optional mods folder. There is also an optional folder outside the main game folder that contains stuff for the studio, you don't need this unless you want them for creating animations and screenshots like you see in most of the VNs on this site. It was separated to provide the user with a smaller package to download. As for addons or tips, get Kplug, it can be a bit hard to learn just because of how much it has, but it is well worth the effort because it adds A LOT to the experience. I strongly advise you to read the manual THOROUGHLY before using Kplug. Also, be warned that the first person mode is on by default, so you will want to turn it off in the Kplug options at first until you get familar with the Kplug first person controls.
Thanks so much for the informative... information! I really appreciate taking the time in making such detailed explanations.

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
Like I said, there are a couple of mods that override this requirement, I THINK the one called Koikatu Gameplay Mod and Kplug can, but I'm not sure since I never worry about it. I just wait until they offer themselves to me. If they're giving it to me, I see no reason to refuse.
Thanks I found it! In case anyone else is wondering about this too, you can get this mod at ManlyMarco's patreon page (scroll down to get the latest version)

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Thanks I found it! In case anyone else is wondering about this too, you can get this mod at ManlyMarco's patreon page (scroll down to get the latest version)
The Gameplay Mod is already included in the optional mods folder of Better Repack, no need to search for it. Kplug was just recently removed for apparent conflicts, which I have no problems with, and difficulty working with the dev of the mod, so you will have to go to Katarsys's Patreon for that one.

Enryuu

Jul 5, 2018
As usual, i've been beaten to it but here goes anyway.

1: Press F1, scroll down to KK_GraphicSettings (or something like it) and adjust there. Seeing how it's the shadows what you're after, you're probably going to have some luck there.
3: Stuff you can use in the maker and the studio, basically.
4: Textures you can apply on top of the body, clothes, eyes, etc... Best used for creating shirt designs, tight catsuits and uniforms. OP when mixed with MaterialEditor to extract UVs but applying the texture through the overlay mod and not MaterialEditor.
Oh thanks mate really love it

• Red Heart
Reactions: namprofli3

Enryuu

Jul 5, 2018
1. You can't, you can change it for the entire game or nothing.

2. Workupload

3. The sideloader is a bunch of mods that work on the side to add things like clothing. Not sure what you mean by difference, but the sideloader modpack, in case you mean that, is a group of sideloader mods that are for the studio only. If you aren't using the studio, which is only for making animations and screenshots like you see in other games on here, you don't need it.

4. An overlay is a design that is placed over the original texture. Example, instead of a plain skirt or using a pattern that the game is already capable of, you could use an overlay to give it a pattern that can't otherwise be used.

Ok thanks appriciated

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Anyone know of a mod to increase love, h and similars?
The mod Ill Ray III mentioned comes preinstalled in Better Repack, but there are some restrictions to it. You can increase your own stats, displayed in the top left while just walking, at any time, but must be talking to a girl to increase hers and there is no global increase option. The Kplug mod, which is NOT preinstalled can also do this with its journal feature, but you can only use that while in the bedroom between classes. is where you can find Kplug. Be warned that it is extremely extensive, you're better off reading the manual before trying it, and that some features, like first person view, are on by default.

• Hey there
Reactions: namprofli3
4.20 star(s) 33 Votes