MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
Your best bet for a manual is the
Translations are on going, there's a lot to sort through and not many people are active. Translations are scattered all over the place so as well. Most people skip the dialogue and called it bland, so a lot of translators jumped ship.

Finding missing mods is a HUGE pain. I spent a good 2 hours last night doing that, and even though I have the right mods, I'm still getting errors. That's making character sharing a gigantic chore for people. I haven't seen any mods named Gyaru D2 yet, but I'll look after I try to get all my own.
Very huge pain of ass. Sometime the modder they change the id so if you use a old chara the bipinex give a error.

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
Update finaly a 3P.

I think we had few 3p animation like in honey select party, so don't hope so much about quantity of the 3P.

Reactions: Serance

Triss The Witch

Feb 16, 2018
So I see the downloads got changed around with the 1-2-3, but before that happened I downloaded from one of the other links which seems to have gone away and it says I need a password? Not sure if anyone knows it or point me to it? The first mega download I did is corrupted and the second is blank. (By that I mean the Icon)

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
Koikatsu/koikatu harem version
Game version: 4.0
Chara studio
DLC: dlc 831v2_all include paid dlc 728
HF patch 1.7
Hardmod
Sideloader mods 19/09/2018
Bipinex: 4.1
Bipinex plugin: r5
Autotranslate
Koikplugin: 1.36 patreon version (add more girl in h scene and pov)
KPSE (poser for chara studio)
More accessory (add more that 20 accessory on you characters)
Uncensored female and male
UI translation: v4
SaveData: there 3 save data, the second save include some lover and sex friends
Cheat tool by Marc0: v1.6
Koikatu Gameplay Mod By Mac0: 1.0
Hsub: v4
Scene: 2034
Chara female: 476
Chara male: 63
Miniunity3d:v3
---------Miniunity3d----------------------
Benefits of minifying your game

* Save ~5.5GB of disk space
* Loads faster, this is especially noticeable on spinning drive installs
* Less memory usage. Unity caches bundle objects, but in case of lZ4, it keeps the cache in compressed state, uncompressing on demand. This is originally designed for mobile platforms which are short on RAM, but works nice for a memory hungry game like KK.

But doesn't decompression while the game is running slow things down?

Not really - lz4 is extremely fast to decompress, in as much as it is near to just doing a memory copy. So there will be slightly higher CPU usage in theory, but in grand scale of things, never noticeable.
--------Koikplugin--------
Allow you to add all girl in your game in Hscene, with lover and sex friends please read the userguide to know the shortcuts of this plugin.
--------Annoyng problem----------
This repack isn't very stable some time the game will freeze for some time, another problem are the missing mod, that i don't know who made it or where i can find, for this problem the game will slow down, can you remove the chara card who give the missing error.
This game can't be open with SB3ugs so use this repack only to play and not as modder.
-----------How to install---------
Drag and drop the folder koikatu_harem_makotoyuki90 to any part of you pc.
lanch the game from koikatu.exe
------Downkoad--------
Attached files

CapnBlaze

Jul 28, 2018
Your best bet for a manual is the
Translations are on going, there's a lot to sort through and not many people are active. Translations are scattered all over the place so as well. Most people skip the dialogue and called it bland, so a lot of translators jumped ship.

Finding missing mods is a HUGE pain. I spent a good 2 hours last night doing that, and even though I have the right mods, I'm still getting errors. That's making character sharing a gigantic chore for people. I haven't seen any mods named Gyaru D2 yet, but I'll look after I try to get all my own.
I actually looked at the Wiki page and didn't find anything useful in terms of basic game mechanics. What I did eventually stumble upon was an ingame tutorial accessed by the funcion keys (I think it was F5). That was immensely helpful.

In terms of a review/game experience (keeping in mind this is MY experience - don't flame me if your experience was different :p ) ... the game is a cross between a dating sim and a visual novel. A long one. No, a VERY long one. A very poorly translated VN.

I have no regrets over playing this game. But I won't be continuing to play it through. The translation is just too poor. Much of the time I have no idea what they are saying, genders seem to be messed up, and more. Another minor turn off for me is all the girls are shaved (this may be the result of a mod or bug. There was a bug that appeared where two girls were walking around the school with no pants and they did have pubic hair in that mode.)

Despite the fact I won't be following all the paths to their conclusions as I normally do, I loved the game concept and much of this was very enjoyable. And I really liked as much of the story lines as I was able to figure out. If someone were to actually do a decent translation (and take care of the pubic hair thing) this would probably have been one of my all time favorite games.

Reactions: cooldude33

gizosate

Jul 7, 2018
Drag and drop the launcher koikatu and charastudio on ipa to enable the plugin koikplugin. If you don't need koikplugin don't need use ipa, just click on the launcher.
Thanks for repack. And thanks to Katarsys for amazing Koikplugins mod.
Actually, you don't need that IPA manipulation (in fact, it will break other mods and BepInEx plugins).
You just need to overwrite existing BepInEx\IPALoader.dll file in with the one from (110 version is working 100%, higher versions may work too, but I do not recommend, since it's unstable BepisPlugins releases).
Torrent file with repack that I've posted on previous page contains KoikPlugins mod too, a bit lower version though.

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
Thanks for repack. And thanks to Katarsys for amazing Koikplugins mod.
Actually, you don't need that IPA manipulation (in fact, it will break other mods and BepInEx plugins).
You just need to overwrite existing BepInEx\IPALoader.dll file in with the one from (110 version is working 100%, higher versions may work too, but I do not recommend, since it's unstable BepisPlugins releases).
Torrent file with repack that I've posted on previous page contains KoikPlugins mod too, a bit lower version though.
For some reason the plugin fon't work with bipinex. Work with IPA

gizosate

Jul 7, 2018
For some reason the plugin fon't work with bipinex. Work with IPA
It will work, without IPA, you need to place KoikPlugins.dll into Koikatu\BepInEx\IPA. With IPA, you need to place in into Koikatu\Plugins (as I already mentioned IPA patching will break other mods and Plugins functionality, unless you are running game withing Patchwork launcher, which is not compatible with latest DLC 8/31).
Note, the settings file kPlugPrefs.txt in both cases should still be in Koikatu\Plugins

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
It will work, without IPA, you need to place KoikPlugins.dll into Koikatu\BepInEx\IPA. With IPA, you need to place in into Koikatu\Plugins (as I already mentioned IPA patching will break other mods and Plugins functionality, unless you are running game withing Patchwork launcher, which is not compatible with latest DLC 8/31).
Note, the settings file kPlugPrefs.txt in both cases should still be in Koikatu\Plugins
Ok i understand why don't work, i need remove the download and reupload the game again.
In other word if you launch ipa.exe you can't make work the plugin in bipinex

Reactions: gizosate

PeacePeace

Nov 28, 2017
Did a quick test comparing load times & stuff between my SSD and HDD, since SSD space is precious and I reserve it for apps that benefit the most. Results:

Initial load time was ~46 seconds HDD vs ~20 seconds SSD. Significant, though not as big a difference as it makes for most games.

Screen transitions (fading to white) pretty negligible improvement on SSD (about 20%).

Duration of the FPS drop that happens when the game loads in characters was basically unchanged, at about 8 seconds in the area I tested. Not sure if it's dependent on CPU, graphics card, or if it's just the game engine (assuming the latter).

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
is this similar to Artificial Academy series?
Similar, yes, but its like a stripped down version with better graphics, less interactions, and little to no NPC to NPC interaction. They stop and "talk" to each other and I think they do have a peeping scene that is girl on girl if they have a certain trait, but there is no coercion, there are no NPC to NPC conversations (audio you can hear when not talking to them yourself), the uniforms are tied to the character in this one. Its a total mess compared to AA2, still fun in its own right though.

Reactions: Ekoki

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
Did a quick test comparing load times & stuff between my SSD and HDD, since SSD space is precious and I reserve it for apps that benefit the most. Results:

Initial load time was ~46 seconds HDD vs ~20 seconds SSD. Significant, though not as big a difference as it makes for most games.

Screen transitions (fading to white) pretty negligible improvement on SSD (about 20%).

Duration of the FPS drop that happens when the game loads in characters was basically unchanged, at about 8 seconds in the area I tested. Not sure if it's dependent on CPU, graphics card, or if it's just the game engine (assuming the latter).
Unity3d is a hungry engine for ram, so more ram you had, more stable the game is. Stable don't mean more fast.

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
Koikatsu/koikatu harem version
Game version: 4.0
Chara studio
DLC: dlc 831v2_all include paid dlc 728
HF patch 1.7
Hardmod
Sideloader mods 19/09/2018
Bipinex: 4.1
Bipinex plugin: r5
Autotranslate
Koikplugin: 1.36 patreon version (add more girl in h scene and pov)
KPSE (poser for chara studio)
More accessory (add more that 20 accessory on you characters)
Uncensored female and male
UI translation: v4
SaveData: there 3 save data, the second save include some lover and sex friends
Cheat tool by Marc0: v1.6
Koikatu Gameplay Mod By Mac0: 1.0
Hsub: v4
Scene: 2034
Chara female: 476
Chara male: 63
Miniunity3d:v3
---------Miniunity3d----------------------
Benefits of minifying your game

* Save ~5.5GB of disk space
* Loads faster, this is especially noticeable on spinning drive installs
* Less memory usage. Unity caches bundle objects, but in case of lZ4, it keeps the cache in compressed state, uncompressing on demand. This is originally designed for mobile platforms which are short on RAM, but works nice for a memory hungry game like KK.

But doesn't decompression while the game is running slow things down?

Not really - lz4 is extremely fast to decompress, in as much as it is near to just doing a memory copy. So there will be slightly higher CPU usage in theory, but in grand scale of things, never noticeable.
--------Koikplugin--------
Allow you to add all girl in your game in Hscene, with lover and sex friends please read the userguide to know the shortcuts of this plugin.
--------Annoyng problem----------
This repack isn't very stable some time the game will freeze for some time, another problem are the missing mod, that i don't know who made it or where i can find, for this problem the game will slow down, can you remove the chara card who give the missing error.
This game can't be open with SB3ugs so use this repack only to play and not as modder.
-----------How to install---------
Drag and drop the folder koikatu_harem_makotoyuki90 to any part of you pc.
Lanche the game from koikatu.exe
------Downkoad--------
Attached files
Add torrent file, now don't need use ipa.exe to enable the koikplugin

Reactions: ARNAC and gizosate

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Its a total mess compared to AA2, still fun in its own right though.
IMHO, in case you're looking for more-or-less-vanila harem simulator it's far better then AA2. Most of AA2 features that was "cut" here, were annoying if you aren't into NTR/peeping and just want to build your own private harem & have a fun with girls.

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
IMHO, in case you're looking for more-or-less-vanila harem simulator it's far better then AA2. Most of AA2 features that was "cut" here, were annoying if you aren't into NTR/peeping and just want to build your own private harem & have a fun with girls.
AA2 was more a school simulator that a hentai game, thanks the mod AA2 is good, with out the mod that game was boring as fuck with a bad I.A. KK is more hentai game that a school simulator. If some one into NTR/rape need play playhome or play kiss game like cm3d2/com3d include all genre.

Reactions: PANNES

CapnBlaze

Jul 28, 2018
The translation is still being worked on and what you are seeing is mostly a Google translation. The intro to the game for example was done by a person named Leveltree, who sadly jumped ship after his first set of translations.

Most people from what I'm seeing just snag the 100% save, get a few cheap thrills, and move on from the game. Others make new characters, scenes, even their own mini visual novel or their own lilttle doujin.

There is a lot of text dumped for over 30 personalities, so it's taking time to categorize them all. It helps that certain people like certain ones. I like Unlucky, Stubborn, and Mysterious and plan on working on those when I can get some time.

Some people in the Koi Discord are releasing scenes occasionally. I'm actually working towards translating the subtitle scenes (which have not be touched yet). Other people are working on the story. The bad part is that it's all over the place.

Personally I'm wondering if Illusion will release this game in English like they did with Honeyselect. With Illusion releasing games with Fakku lately, I can see why translators might not wanna risk wasting a lot of time translating a game that may be in English eventually anyway.

This game is not a true visual novel though in my opinion, not like a visual novel made Aquaplus or Front Wing. It's very short stories about a few girls and the only purpose is to flesh out the school a little bit and help you get into your role, and unlock some positions. I see it more as a school sim where you add girls and roleplay as the 1 man being with a school of girls, which it does wonderfully in my opinion.
I am glad to hear about the ongoing translation projects. The game would definitely be worthwhile returning to if I could understand more of what said in the storylines.

With that being said, I think we have different definitions of what comprises 'short'. There are literally hours worth of VN type content in the game. I know vanilla VN's that have less content than what is in this game. So for me - it's definitely a hybrid containing VN. :)

Ekoki

May 29, 2017
Similar, yes, but its like a stripped down version with better graphics, less interactions, and little to no NPC to NPC interaction. They stop and "talk" to each other and I think they do have a peeping scene that is girl on girl if they have a certain trait, but there is no coercion, there are no NPC to NPC conversations (audio you can hear when not talking to them yourself), the uniforms are tied to the character in this one. Its a total mess compared to AA2, still fun in its own right though.
Oh ok thanks for the explanation

Reactions: alex2011
4.20 star(s) 33 Votes