alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That's actually not a bad idea. As long as I can use or create the same characters in both of them.
You should be able to. I don't know about clothing items, but the same base characters, the ones that are provided by Illusion as defaults, are in both with different outfits showing off the new clothing for Sunshine. I actually ran one of them in my first play through of the actual game, which ended in a crash, and the one I ran was exactly the same under those new clothes. This tells me they at least ported over all the body options or at least a fair number of them.

Reactions: Skeltom

kin1146

Apr 19, 2017
I keep getting this error on some characters "ExtendedData version 6: Is newer then your plugin" I don't know much about mods and plugins so if anyone can tell me what to do to fix this, I would be greatful

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I keep getting this error on some characters "ExtendedData version 6: Is newer then your plugin" I don't know much about mods and plugins so if anyone can tell me what to do to fix this, I would be greatful
It seems to me to be exactly what it says. The version of a plugin you have is older than the latest available version. You might have to wait on the next Better Repack version to fix this depending on the plugin.

Dec 10, 2019
I've made some custom characters in the game's character creator, but when I load my custom guy in Chara Studio, his dick is gone. It's a mod-added dick, and uses a mod-added size slider to make it bigger.

How do I get Chara Studio to read from all the mods I'm using? It's showing mod-added clothing, or at least some of it (haven't checked to see if it shows all of them).

Nvm, found a toggle in a menu I hadn't seen before.

Last edited:

ThreeNine

Jan 16, 2022
There are only two mods that do positions, Kplug and another one I forget that seemingly ripped the Kplug positions, and only Kplug does more than two girls and the player.
i had the same question as the other guy
how does Kplug work? cause i have the Kplug animation bundles 2.9.0 and Kplug animations 1.3.5 cause they come with the repack and it only really adds anything for one on one h. no extra positions for threesome, let alone 3+. is there some other version i need or something?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
i had the same question as the other guy
how does Kplug work? cause i have the Kplug animation bundles 2.9.0 and Kplug animations 1.3.5 cause they come with the repack and it only really adds anything for one on one h. no extra positions for threesome, let alone 3+. is there some other version i need or something?
Those probably don't have what Katarsys implemented for threesomes and there is no other mod that allows more than two girls in H scenes. What you would need for about 99% of Kplug content, because what the modding community ripped out of Kplug is only a very tiny fraction of the Kplug mod, is the actual Kplug mod from

Also, the Kplug mod is always adding more positions, so those Kplug position rips you have from the repack will never be totally up to date as far as having every Kplug position.

Be warned that there are some incompatibilities, some of which are due to the modding community refusing to have anything to do with Kplug since Katarsys wouldn't convert his entire mod from the IPA framework to the BepInEx frme work that all the other mods use, which is an insane level of reworking his mod that was simply an unreasonable request. There are also some incompatibilities that have been there since before this happened as well.

When dealing with Kplug, read the manual that comes with the mod as well as the compatibility notes, they will tell you what works with Kplug and what does not as well as what issues may occur with each mod that has problems interacting with Kplug.

ThreeNine

Jan 16, 2022
Those probably don't have what Katarsys implemented for threesomes and there is no other mod that allows more than two girls in H scenes. What you would need for about 99% of Kplug content, because what the modding community ripped out of Kplug is only a very tiny fraction of the Kplug mod, is the actual Kplug mod from

Also, the Kplug mod is always adding more positions, so those Kplug position rips you have from the repack will never be totally up to date as far as having every Kplug position.

Be warned that there are some incompatibilities, some of which are due to the modding community refusing to have anything to do with Kplug since Katarsys wouldn't convert his entire mod from the IPA framework to the BepInEx frme work that all the other mods use, which is an insane level of reworking his mod that was simply an unreasonable request. There are also some incompatibilities that have been there since before this happened as well.

When dealing with Kplug, read the manual that comes with the mod as well as the compatibility notes, they will tell you what works with Kplug and what does not as well as what issues may occur with each mod that has problems interacting with Kplug.
thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

KnightWulf

May 4, 2021
Kplug is probably the only plugin for Koikatsu that will allow you to invite multiple characters (boys and girls) and include bunch of new poses upon release. As far as those anti-Kplug concerns, those people sure love stealing animations from Kplug and apply it to their own mod, while negating the role that Katarsys has actually provided for them; hypocrisy in a nutshell.

KnightWulf

May 4, 2021
That's the one and the only way to use it without issue is to remove KK_BrowserFolders.dll and either don't use that mod or find an old copy that is version 2.2.0.0 at the latest. There may be bugs in these older versions, but that can't be helped since there won't be compatibility coming to this mod for Kplug to work with newer versions.
Old comment, but I was able to fix the swapping issue by replacing the oo_base.unity3d (chara) from OriginalFiles with the one in abdata > chara. I also ran into similar issues while trying to swap to other girl and they would clone until I use that method. What's the significance to these changes, I don't know, but alas it's working.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Kplug is probably the only plugin for Koikatsu that will allow you to invite multiple characters (boys and girls) and include bunch of new poses upon release. As far as those anti-Kplug concerns, those people sure love stealing animations from Kplug and apply it to their own mod, while negating the role that Katarsys has actually provided for them; hypocrisy in a nutshell.
It quite literally is the only mod that does most of what it does. Literally only two functions have actually been copied, the poses and something else I forgot. I get their issue, I really do, but they brought it on themselves when they asked Katarsys to completely rework his mod in a completely different framework after it had already gone through a massive amount of progress and then, when he refused, and rightfully so, they simply started ignoring its existence except for the purposes of ripping content out.

Old comment, but I was able to fix the swapping issue by replacing the oo_base.unity3d (chara) from OriginalFiles with the one in abdata > chara. I also ran into similar issues while trying to swap to other girl and they would clone until I use that method. What's the significance to these changes, I don't know, but alas it's working.
Good to know, I'll keep that in mind in case I or another player ever have this issue.

bruh669

Aug 13, 2020
Here you go, links for Koikatsu Party prepatched with Illusion restore patch.
This is Steam version without any premium DLCs or mods.
The torrent is uncompressed whereas others are compressed in 7z.

Full: - - -

Split parts:
Part 1: - - MEGA -
Part 2: - - MEGA -

all of the links are expired, can someone give a new one?

KnightWulf

May 4, 2021
Good to know, I'll keep that in mind in case I or another player ever have this issue.
I followed the original fix thanks to this previous post. So I can't really take the credit for the solution to swap bug.

To fix the swapping, you have to replace the oo_base.unity3d file from originalfiles folder.
On another note, I do wonder how difficult it would be to create custom animations for Koikatsu. Considering that Koikatsu runs on Unity Game Engine, maybe there's a way to import non-sexual animations just for recreational purpose into H-gameplay; i.e. cuddling in bed, holding hands, etc.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I followed the original fix thanks to this previous post. So I can't really take the credit for the solution to swap bug.

On another note, I do wonder how difficult it would be to create custom animations for Koikatsu. Considering that Koikatsu runs on Unity Game Engine, maybe there's a way to import non-sexual animations just for recreational purpose into H-gameplay; i.e. cuddling in bed, holding hands, etc.
But you did bring it to the attention of anyone who wasn't aware and didn't go digging into the thread. It would be as difficult as modding Unity, which I don't have personal experience with, but have heard it can be a major pain to work with for the inexperienced modder.

Nonsexual animations are certainly possible, sexual animations wouldn't be either if nonsexual ones weren't as it would be the same principle in practice with different movement on the screen being the only real difference. The difficult part would be coding it so that they ran with the game and didn't have issues, of which there are a large number that can occur and Kplug only ever scratched the surface with its list of incompatibilities.

all of the links are expired, can someone give a new one?

Reactions: GlacierC
Sep 21, 2021
Mmmmm, I don't take any sides, but I do know that Katarsys behaved like a dick towards the modding community as a whole. If he didn't and cooperated like a cultured gentleman instead of spewing nonsense and toxicity, there'd probably be better framework(read - not some spaghetti code that messes up one thing or the other) and, consequently, better compatibility with other mods, less syntax and grammatical errors which make my eyes bleed to this very day, and maybe some other people would be more willing to contribute to animations as well.

I mean, I'm not ungrateful for his work, but I do need to acknowledge that the whole thing could be handled way better. No wonder some people are salty and behave the way they do.

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes