dooderding

Jan 6, 2023
is the link in the op the offline version?
From what I understand, any version, no matter where you get it from, can be the offline version, simply by running the "ktt" executable instead of the other exe file included with the game. Just extract and run and have fun.

If you plan on using the twisted mod, then instructions included in the hosting site explain how to implement the mod very easily.

Give it a try and post if you have any other questions.

Kisthoria

Nov 29, 2020
Need some help. Just started and after doing the first time travel, killed Actaeon (first time he took Artemis' virginity). However right after he started talking about how bro talk wasn't an option anymore the game crashed and when I came back it shows him lying on the ground. However Artemis keeps telling me she'll go to Mount Olympus and I should go south. The guide girl keeps giving me the same advice about the one odd hex square. What should I do?

dooderding

Jan 6, 2023
Need some help. Just started and after doing the first time travel, killed Actaeon (first time he took Artemis' virginity). However right after he started talking about how bro talk wasn't an option anymore the game crashed and when I came back it shows him lying on the ground. However Artemis keeps telling me she'll go to Mount Olympus and I should go south. The guide girl keeps giving me the same advice about the one odd hex square. What should I do?
Yeah no worries, Azeban24. Looks like you may have run into a minor bug where Actaeon is dead but Artemis for some reason isn't getting switched. Here's what to do.
Go to the side menu on the left side of your screen and select rewind time. This will essentially reset the time period you're in. Don't get too annoyed, this is actually an inherent part of the game mechanics that you're supposed to do throughout playing the game. ;)

After rewinding time, ensure that the quest that related to the Artemis quest is reset. To do this, go to your quest scroll in the side menu. I think the quest is called "Hunting for Pussy". If it's in the complete section of the scroll log, please hit the reset button at the bottom right side of the menu.

You'll be at full life and can strip Hera again for more XP. Then, get the quest from Artemis again and kill Actaeon and Artemis should work properly after that. Sometimes, in order to redo quests, you have to reset them in the quest scroll. Let me know if that helps! :D

Reactions: Kisthoria

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I noob question for sure, but I couldn't find an answer through a quick search:

How does one return to the world map from the strategy map?

dooderding

Jan 6, 2023
I noob question for sure, but I couldn't find an answer through a quick search:

How does one return to the world map from the strategy map?
No worries, sillyrobot. In order to get to the world map from any battle/town/encounter map, simply travel toward the edge or the map, often any direction, till you reach the border designated by green squares. Any of those green squares is an exit. Simply take Kronos up next to them, click them, then select exit.

Some town and place maps have specific entrance and exits, like Mt. Olympus, which you just have to travel around the edge to find. Should be easy, since you enter those maps at the same area you can exit from.

Hope that help!

Last edited:
Reactions: sillyrobot

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
No worries, sillyrobot. In order to to get to the world map from any battle/town/encounter map, simply travel toward the edge or the map, often any direction, till you reach the border designated by green squares. Any of those green squares is an exit. Simply take Kronos up next to them, click them, then select exit.

Some town and place maps have specific entrance and exits, like Mt. Olympus, which you just have to travel around the edge to find. Should be easy, since you enter those maps at the same area you can exit from.

Hope that help!
It does, thanks. I figured only the squares that change colours could be entered and the rest were wall. I'll try clicking on them.

Kisthoria

Nov 29, 2020
Yeah no worries, Azeban24. Looks like you may have run into a minor bug where Actaeon is dead but Artemis for some reason isn't getting switched. Here's what to do.
Go to the side menu on the left side of your screen and select rewind time. This will essentially reset the time period you're in. Don't get too annoyed, this is actually an inherent part of the game mechanics that you're supposed to do throughout playing the game. ;)

After rewinding time, ensure that the quest that related to the Artemis quest is reset. To do this, go to your quest scroll in the side menu. I think the quest is called "Hunting for Pussy". If it's in the complete section of the scroll log, please hit the reset button at the bottom right side of the menu.

You'll be at full life and can strip Hera again for more XP. Then, get the quest from Artemis again and kill Actaeon and Artemis should work properly after that. Sometimes, in order to redo quests, you have to reset them in the quest scroll. Let me know if that helps! :D
Damn, didn't want to have to reset but I guess there's no choice since that's the gameplay as you said. Thanks sm for the detailed comment

dooderding

Jan 6, 2023
Damn, didn't want to have to reset but I guess there's no choice since that's the gameplay as you said. Thanks sm for the detailed comment
No problem. Don't think of it as resetting, but simply rewinding time. Kronos keeps knowledge of his previous experiences and exploits, as well as his inventory. You won't be reset to level 0. Also, at early levels, stripping Hera over and over is an easy way to nab a few quick level ups!

Rewinding time allows you to do this, and also allows you to easily go back to experiment with other dialogue options that you'll come across, and fulfill quests associated with selecting those dialogue options. In your case, it will let you get around some possible bugs without difficulty or losing experience.

Once you're finished with the Beginning of Time, go check out Greece 1669 bc and have fun!

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Another completely noob question: how can I reset my fairys? The text says they reset when I reset time, but it doesn't seem to work.

I've tried resetting time from the lost combat screen (where you can choose to use a fairy or reset time), resetting time from the side menu, using a time jump to jump to the start of time and back from the side meu, and resetting all timelines from the main menu.

Nothing resets the fairys to allow healing.

scarlettyoung

Please read my profile post :)
Game Developer
May 29, 2019
Another completely noob question: how can I reset my fairys? The text says they reset when I reset time, but it doesn't seem to work.

I've tried resetting time from the lost combat screen (where you can choose to use a fairy or reset time), resetting time from the side menu, using a time jump to jump to the start of time and back from the side meu, and resetting all timelines from the main menu.

Nothing resets the fairys to allow healing.
Hi sillyrobot!

dooderding has been answering a lot of your questions, which is so awesome and I'm really thankful for, but I thought I'd jump in on this one. The blue and red fairies are the only ones that "respawn" when you rewind time. The green fairies can be purchased at a couple of different locations in the game, and they don't come back when you rewind time. They are mostly useful when you are fighting a boss or a more difficult enemy. If you're just playing around in a timeline and don't need to keep the progress of a quest you're working on then feel free to "die" and you'll recover full health that way.

Another little trick most people don't know is if you're low on health and want to recover, but you don't have a green fairy or you don't want to spend money on one, you can travel to a different time period, get in a fight and die there, which will rewind time and restore you full health. Then you can go back to the time period you were in and continue doing whatever you were in the middle of doing. It's kind of cheating, but hey, you have the power to travel through time, which is already sort of cheating at life to begin with, right?

People sometimes ask for cheats or saves with a bunch of stuff unlocked, but really you can already do a lot of stuff that's like cheating already built into the game. For example, there is a quest where you need to collect pearls from a bunch of random mermaids. This can take some time to complete, and you have to rewind the timeline a couple of times to get enough pearls. But what if you could sell one or two of the pearls to a pretty little salesgirl roaming Greece, and then travel into the future, buy them back from her, then rewind JUST the future timeline and buy them again from her? There are things like this in the game that let you use time travel to cheat.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Hi sillyrobot!

dooderding has been answering a lot of your questions, which is so awesome and I'm really thankful for, but I thought I'd jump in on this one. The blue and red fairies are the only ones that "respawn" when you rewind time. The green fairies can be purchased at a couple of different locations in the game, and they don't come back when you rewind time. They are mostly useful when you are fighting a boss or a more difficult enemy. If you're just playing around in a timeline and don't need to keep the progress of a quest you're working on then feel free to "die" and you'll recover full health that way.

Another little trick most people don't know is if you're low on health and want to recover, but you don't have a green fairy or you don't want to spend money on one, you can travel to a different time period, get in a fight and die there, which will rewind time and restore you full health. Then you can go back to the time period you were in and continue doing whatever you were in the middle of doing. It's kind of cheating, but hey, you have the power to travel through time, which is already sort of cheating at life to begin with, right?

People sometimes ask for cheats or saves with a bunch of stuff unlocked, but really you can already do a lot of stuff that's like cheating already built into the game. For example, there is a quest where you need to collect pearls from a bunch of random mermaids. This can take some time to complete, and you have to rewind the timeline a couple of times to get enough pearls. But what if you could sell one or two of the pearls to a pretty little salesgirl roaming Greece, and then travel into the future, buy them back from her, then rewind JUST the future timeline and buy them again from her? There are things like this in the game that let you use time travel to cheat.
Green fairy I understand. I bought one, used it, and the text now says I need to buy another.

It's the two rechargeable fairies I can't seem to re-use. I've rewound time in all the different ways I can find and any time I start to lose a fight, the options to use either the blue or red fairy say something to the effect that "she's exhausted; rewind time to recharge".

My first fight with Hercules saw me use both the red and blue fairy -- I hadn't found a merchant selling the green one yet. I did acquire and consume one since. Since that initial fight, neither red nor blue recharge. I have rewound time on the combat dialog (losing to Hercules yet again), rewound time on the side menu, swapped time periods by returning to the dawn of time and going back to Hercules, and reset all timelines from the main menu. I used my companion to reset the timeline as well thinking maybe she carries the fairies.

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
Green fairy I understand. I bought one, used it, and the text now says I need to buy another.

It's the two rechargeable fairies I can't seem to re-use. I've rewound time in all the different ways I can find and any time I start to lose a fight, the options to use either the blue or red fairy say something to the effect that "she's exhausted; rewind time to recharge".

My first fight with Hercules saw me use both the red and blue fairy -- I hadn't found a merchant selling the green one yet. I did acquire and consume one since. Since that initial fight, neither red nor blue recharge. I have rewound time on the combat dialog (losing to Hercules yet again), rewound time on the side menu, swapped time periods by returning to the dawn of time and going back to Hercules, and reset all timelines from the main menu. I used my companion to reset the timeline as well thinking maybe she carries the fairies.
I've got the fairy issue fixed for the next update. Thank you for your help!

Reactions: sillyrobot

dooderding

Jan 6, 2023

Sorry for the delayed response, though it looks like you've got it managed. But I have a couple of other suggestions. I noticed the same thing about the red and blue fairies, but I eventually figured they weren't needed once I got a few levels and discovered how cheap green fairies are.

If you can manage to fight him, take on the rogue in both Greece timelines, he's the only dude wandering around the world map. He drops 250 currency, enough to get more green fairies than you can actually carry. If you are having trouble with him, you can bust out a couple easy levels by stripping Hera a few times and put a couple of points into strength. I know, that can be a little tedious, so if you'd rather, you can take on a few wolves, then rewind time, and do it again, and don't worry if you die.

And some battle techniques, if you manage to get nearly any enemy at low life (right before the kill blow), they tend to run and avoid you. Occasionally they'll still whale on ya, but after the first strip, they'll nearly always run away (stripping doesn't work on the rogue, btw). I've noticed if you kill the Thief's wolf before stripping her, she'll continue to fight you till the very end, even as you strip her (that might have been a fluke, not sure). When dealing with more than one enemy, I like to whittle them down to low health one at a time, moving as far around them as possible (so other enemies can't reach you), and then pick them off. Eventually you'll be clearing whole timelines, no fairies needed!

Oh, for Heracles, try ensuring you have around 75 currency and choose the "other" option when fighting him. Don't worry, you'll get your money back. ;)

Last edited:

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
When we launch ktt.exe there a virus "Filerup". Could you repair it please?
I've been working on this game for 3 years. There are no viruses but occasionally virus scanners get too aggressive and report false positives. I will always guarantee Microsoft Defender will report a clean scan, but I don't have the time and resources to ensure the dozens of other scanners will all behave.

However, if you go to the website of whatever scanner you use there should be a place to submit the file for a deepscan. They will verify the file is clean and then whitelist it so your scanner no longer incorrectly reports the file as having a virus.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
I really want to like this game, I just can't seen to get on board with how much of a grind levelling up enough to be any good with the combat system seems to be. Feels like I've been fighting on a rewind loop for ages and I barely feel any difference in strength. Perhaps it's just me but every time I come back to the game I feel the same way. I do like the concept though, interesting take on gameplay and I like the different time periods and stuff. I also appreciate not really having a fail-state, they give me war flashbacks to losing hours of progress on SoB with not realising you could game over. XD

2.60 star(s) 71 Votes