4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
Sometimes I am facing a strange problem.
What I am doing
  1. Download and unpack Lab Rats 2 (now 0.51.1)
  2. Download and unpack bug fixes (master branch)
  3. Download and unpack mod
And receiving this error during first start:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Did anyone of you ever faced this? How to solve it?
It looks like something was initialized in wrong order.

I tried mod code both for "master" and "develop" branch (clean install, not override) - it happen in both cases.
The Bugfix and Mod are for game version 0.49.2. They won't work with later game versions. You'll also need to download the Ren'Py update.

wktos

Feb 3, 2019
The Bugfix and Mod are for game version 0.49.2. They won't work with later game versions. You'll also need to download the Ren'Py update.
Thank you for your answer.
Guys who are working on bugfix and mod have to develop somehow against newer versions - this is why you have branch master (stable one) and develop (under changes).
Basically I am asking how to make that "develop" branch working with latest version.

Why I need to download Ren'Py update?

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
Guys who are working on bugfix and mod have to develop somehow against newer versions - this is why you have branch master (stable one) and develop (under changes).
Basically I am asking how to make that "develop" branch working with latest version.

The Master and Develop branches are for the Bugfix and Mod. They have nothing to do with the vanilla game.

You need the Ren'Py update because some of the latest features of the Mod require the newer version of Ren'Py. There are download links for this on the OP.

If you want to use the Bugfix/Mod on the latest game version (currently 0.51.1), then you need to do a lot of coding on your own to make them compatible. Or simply use the 0.49.2 version for now and wait for the next release, which should be for the 0.52.1 version of the game.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021

Not that I am going to try again any time soon. But if you have any idea in how to gitmerge a branch into another branch. you can fork Github bugfix.

once those are merged then and at least running on its own it is the new base for Mod, and integration. so Trist takes usually a weekend to do the bugfix merge, depending on what changed integration can take a week or in the case of version 49 where the changes were a hodge podge of the Mod longer.

Most of it is going to learn the code., the deepest part of it will the the script.rpy file. and a couple of others. then there will be classes that are overridden in the mod so you can chase an issue to fix it just to find out that the mod had fix it in a different file.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021

Ok to clarify how the github repo is setup.
Master is Vren's code stripped down in preparation to be merged into the bugfix branch. no work is ever done on this branch except when a Vren version is chosen, it just makes it easier to setup for a gitmerge and done in the open. when the merge is completed. so master 51.1 is vanilla 51.1, so I guess master is the stable Vren Branch since Vren doesn't develop in the open and the Mod team has to pull his new code into Bugfix on a branch.

answere in another message in how. ,gitmerge bugfix and master where master is the new base for bugfix. resolve any issue until the game can play without the mod folder.

with 51.1 you shouldn't have to do the Ren'Py update as Vren updated to the later Ren'Py,

El

behindmoon

Nov 30, 2020
just to verify this is the anal taboo for mom ??
I want to know the process of the taboo revisit task
I've had sex with my mom many times and she won't talk to me the next day
Mom's computer still doesn't show her browsing incest forums
Are there any other conditions that I haven't completed?
One more question, is there a conflict between offer mom and finding the boss's daughter?
After I talked to boss, the option to talk to my mom about quit job disappeared

wktos

Feb 3, 2019
Ok to clarify how the github repo is setup.
Master is Vren's code stripped down in preparation to be merged into the bugfix branch. no work is ever done on this branch except when a Vren version is chosen, it just makes it easier to setup for a gitmerge and done in the open. when the merge is completed. so master 51.1 is vanilla 51.1, so I guess master is the stable Vren Branch since Vren doesn't develop in the open and the Mod team has to pull his new code into Bugfix on a branch.

answere in another message in how. ,gitmerge bugfix and master where master is the new base for bugfix. resolve any issue until the game can play without the mod folder.

with 51.1 you shouldn't have to do the Ren'Py update as Vren updated to the later Ren'Py,

El
Hey,
thanks for answer.

My problem is that it looks like something is initialized in wrong order (some exception about not defined variables (but they are defined somewhere else). Did you ever faced that problem?

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Hey,
thanks for answer.

My problem is that it looks like something is initialized in wrong order (some exception about not defined variables (but they are defined somewhere else). Did you ever faced that problem?
Yeah because master doesn't have all the files needed to initialize mod. It is vrens code code with no changes. Effectively master has nothing to do with mod or bugfix

Maybe a better way. if Vren had a Github, Master would be that Branch.it is a branch that doesn't take pull requests or external reviews (well he does listen and take it in account just saying Labrats 2 vanilla is a 1 man shop) so Master Branch is Vren's Code as released by Vren. at his drop. nothing more nothing less. the features needed to run Mod are in the bugfix branch.

so us mods look at bugfix branch on github, and dev branch (and other braches on gitgud) I do mostly spell checking and the like and some code review but still learning python, but do have a complete git repository setup of the mod locally.

So Master is Vanilla, bugfix is the bugfix branch needed for the Mod, and the mod repo is the mod repo and is a fairly standard git development setup.

Last edited:

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
Like I already said, you are trying to use the Bugfix/Mod on the latest vanilla game. They are not compatible. That's why get the initialization errors. If you don't know what you're doing, use the full modded game download on the OP.

Dondon_qwerty

May 21, 2022

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/Mods/Cheats/alternative_game_start.rpy", line 59, in script call
call initialize_game_state(store.name,store.b_name,store.l_name,return_arrays[0],return_arrays[1],return_arrays[2], max_num_of_random = 3) from _call_initialize_game_state
File "game/script.rpy", line 1009, in script
python:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1010, in <module>
generate_premade_list() # Creates the list with all the pre-made characters for the game in it. Without this we both break the policies call in create_random_person, and regenerate the pre-made list on each restart.
File "game/world_setup_characters.rpy", line 308, in generate_premade_list
list_of_premade_characters.append(create_random_person(body_type = "curvy_body", height=1.035, skin="tan", tits="DD",hair_colour="chestnut",hair_style=messy_hair,type="premade")) #original height = 0.99
TypeError: create_random_person() got an unexpected keyword argument 'type'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/Mods/Cheats/alternative_game_start.rpy", line 59, in script call
call initialize_game_state(store.name,store.b_name,store.l_name,return_arrays[0],return_arrays[1],return_arrays[2], max_num_of_random = 3) from _call_initialize_game_state
File "game/script.rpy", line 1009, in script
python:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1010, in <module>
generate_premade_list() # Creates the list with all the pre-made characters for the game in it. Without this we both break the policies call in create_random_person, and regenerate the pre-made list on each restart.
File "game/world_setup_characters.rpy", line 308, in generate_premade_list
list_of_premade_characters.append(create_random_person(body_type = "curvy_body", height=1.035, skin="tan", tits="DD",hair_colour="chestnut",hair_style=messy_hair,type="premade")) #original height = 0.99
TypeError: create_random_person() got an unexpected keyword argument 'type'

Windows-8.1-6.3.9600
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.49.2.5
Sat May 21 08:58:03 2022

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
will we get a 0.49.2.6 before the move to 0.52.x? :D

It literally says they won't push another update till 0.52 on the front page

` NOTE: We are moving to an alternative release schedule not in sync with original game, next update will be based on v0.52.x`

Reactions: Ssato243

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
It literally says they won't push another update till 0.52 on the front page

` NOTE: We are moving to an alternative release schedule not in sync with original game, next update will be based on v0.52.x`
so why wouldn't a rollup not happen?? lit is all dev content compatible with the current bugfix version rolled up into one package.

Vren hasn't thrown a version of 0.52.x over the wall yet to even look at, so let's say it is a Jun 1st deliverable for v 0.52.0, and he does his normal public release 7 days later on Jun 8th, Trists' schedule allows it and work begins that following weekend. and bugfix gets updated to 52.1, so unless you know how to download commits from gitlab and github, and how to unren the current rollup. version, you will have a very large gap in content time that may or may not be playable.

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
Since I'm not one of the Mod team how should I know?

It still doesn't change the simple fact that they have stated "Not updating till 0.52.x arrives"

Maybe like most folk who mod for games that don't rely on Patreon or Subscribestar for income they have work/RL to get on with? I know my stuff I do for a few games literally has a big warning that boils down to "I have a job and a life outside doing this" and is under usually a CC variant or GPL licence to let other folk update if I'm busy for that exact reason.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Since I'm not one of the Mod team how should I know?

It still doesn't change the simple fact that they have stated "Not updating till 0.52.x arrives"

Maybe like most folk who mod for games that don't rely on Patreon or Subscribestar for income they have work/RL to get on with? I know my stuff I do for a few games literally has a big warning that boils down to "I have a job and a life outside doing this" and is under usually a CC variant or GPL licence to let other folk update if I'm busy for that exact reason.
Ok, will talk to Trist about updating the line to say next Major. to account for minor updates, as dev beta advances, until next chosen bugfix version becomes the base for beta. Might be a couple of days as he is in one of those RL events currently.

last all in one appears to be April 1st, of which there has been 15 updates to 49.2.5, bugfix, and over 100 updates to mod dev beta branch

Reactions: makeitso

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
Just to add another comment regarding version 52, just checked Vren's Patreon and 3 days ago he reported that there are still issues, posting last big paragraph here but feel free to check the Patreon for info on how it's going:

"There's still a lot for me to do before a playable Live2D version of LR2 will be ready. The old display system had been built up incrementally over many, many updates, and I hadn't appreciated how large it had become until now. I'll keep working away at it and keep you all posted on the progress! My goal for the next demo is to have a single pose inside of LR2 with all clothing items available to it, properly interacting with the Outfit system, character height, and breast size. I hope to have this done for the end of the month, but this project has repeatedly torpedoed my best time estimates so take that with a grain of salt."

Unsure if "end of the month" meant this month or June, but along with that I don't know how much of an update June will have, if any, if the Live2D version is the sole focus until it is set up.

It would be nice if another all-in-one happens soon, as I tried replaying the base game and didn't realize how much stuff was added/changed by the mod (didn't realize the laundry events were a mod thing as was any content with the mom+sister at the same time outside of 'eating food together' and the instapic line that seemed to end with them touching each other).

Scion

May 18, 2017
It's also relatively confusing when Trist tagged an Git update for version 51.1:

I don't really care what the release window is, I only asked previously due to the original timeline of not releasing an updated version of the mod until version 52 not taking into account the change over to Live2D from Vren.

I had wondered if, in light of that, it might be better to release a mod for version 51.X since it is likely that 52.X will go through several small updates to fix bugs due to the new system.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Just to add another comment regarding version 52, just checked Vren's Patreon and 3 days ago he reported that there are still issues, posting last big paragraph here but feel free to check the Patreon for info on how it's going:

"There's still a lot for me to do before a playable Live2D version of LR2 will be ready. The old display system had been built up incrementally over many, many updates, and I hadn't appreciated how large it had become until now. I'll keep working away at it and keep you all posted on the progress! My goal for the next demo is to have a single pose inside of LR2 with all clothing items available to it, properly interacting with the Outfit system, character height, and breast size. I hope to have this done for the end of the month, but this project has repeatedly torpedoed my best time estimates so take that with a grain of salt."

Unsure if "end of the month" meant this month or June, but along with that I don't know how much of an update June will have, if any, if the Live2D version is the sole focus until it is set up.

It would be nice if another all-in-one happens soon, as I tried replaying the base game and didn't realize how much stuff was added/changed by the mod (didn't realize the laundry events were a mod thing as was any content with the mom+sister at the same time outside of 'eating food together' and the instapic line that seemed to end with them touching each other).
definitely referring to this month, as Jun 1 would typically be the next drop date. from what Vren has said 52 is going to be 100% based on the rendering stuff. Me personally since Vren has discussed on discord after that post, hope for another Tech demo within the Labrats 2 renpy environment with 1 or 2 full renders maybe, mom and sis, not sure which one he has concentrated on. then a v0.52.0 release when all renders are available. or entirely what the render line requirements for the game is.

Now I am not one of the main madders, and I don't make the decisions on what the next version is going to be based on. I can say a have a little insight. but anything here is pure speculation.

v0.52.x was chosen because of forthcoming RL requirements by the main mods, also to realign the mod to an even number release. well that ship has sailed. v0.52 has been delayed. and not much of a underlying change to the game system although may have visual updates to the system (playing with the tech demos already released shows promise)

so a v0.49.2.6 is almost an assured release. again speculation on my part but given the amount of content based on the 49.2 bf branch. I would expect it, although probably closer to when a decision is made based on the current state of Vanilla.

51.1 is already in the Master branch of GitHub, that is the staging area of Vanilla Code before it is merged into Bugfix so at some point there has been thinking of using 51.1 as the base of Bugfix, but RL responsibilities changed priorities.

if it is 51.1 or wait until 52, typically a last update to the previous branch is cut. as moving dev to the new base effetely invalidates all saves and forces a new start. bugfix will move first, to the new base. base so basically a bugfix version of the vanilla game. then that becomes the base for MOD. that won't be released until at least integration is running, then dev will be very unstable for 2 to 3 weeks. while mod works through the bugs. and if things were on a normal schedule a stable drop would be around the public release.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 56 Votes