4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
Looking at the mod settings the only mod that's disabled by default is Pheromone Therapy, is there some reason that one is disabled, like stability or balancing issues?

I've been looking at the description of it now and then, thinking that it sounds interesting, but I'm to much of a coward to activate it since I'm worried it might break my game or something :p

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
Is there any way this mod could have some form of actual changelog? The ones linked are completely useless as they show all that's going on even on unreleased version.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
It's also relatively confusing when Trist tagged an Git update for version 51.1:

I don't really care what the release window is, I only asked previously due to the original timeline of not releasing an updated version of the mod until version 52 not taking into account the change over to Live2D from Vren.

I had wondered if, in light of that, it might be better to release a mod for version 51.X since it is likely that 52.X will go through several small updates to fix bugs due to the new system.
not confusing at all if you understand the purpose of the bugfix repo. But I think I have explained that enough already.

Scion

May 18, 2017
not confusing at all if you understand the purpose of the bugfix repo. But I think I have explained that enough already.
Troll elsewhere. You do not speak for everyone.

Fact is very few people in the world code. Even fewer people use Git. So it's entirely common for people not to understand, or care, what a bugfix repo is.

Trist hasn't said a word anywhere (discord, here, etc) that you or anyone else can point to about the next mod release being based on 51.x. Which is why it is strange he would be utilizing it for the master repo vanilla base if there is no intention of releasing an updated version of the mod based of game code that will change to a new iteration.

So yeah, feel free to continue trying to act superior, or maybe post helpful replies.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Troll elsewhere. You do not speak for everyone.

Fact is very few people in the world code. Even fewer people use Git. So it's entirely common for people not to understand, or care, what a bugfix repo is.

Trist hasn't said a word anywhere (discord, here, etc) that you or anyone else can point to about the next mod release being based on 51.x. Which is why it is strange he would be utilizing it for the master repo vanilla base if there is no intention of releasing an updated version of the mod based of game code that will change to a new iteration.

So yeah, feel free to continue trying to act superior, or maybe post helpful replies.
Sorry you felt it was a troll, part of that is my kidney transplant and pancreas transplant failing, so a little terse in my answers these days.

Ok everything that Vren has discribed for v0.52.x except for a clarification on discord of integration of live2d with Ren'py may have rpy code, will have rpy code. so will not affect bugfix merge. (albeit Vren has snuck unannounced features in the past)

Now the details of the Git directory. that I am sure the non-programmers don't want to hear again.
take Vran's latest version, strip out just the game folder.
any folder that has just binaries in it can safely be deleted
delete any binary files just want the source files and text files

At this point if what Vren has described. the only file that will change between v0.51.1 and v052.1 that will cause a merge conflict will be options.rpy that contains the version number. the vast majority of the conflicts will be 51.1,

This is from observation of the 2 tech demos. released, but until the actual drop of v0.52.0 where a few of us modders will do a git merge before Trist does the public one. we can't say for certain. I know I won't do a final complete merge, I will do a test merge. based on the completed 51.1 I have done. but I am expecting 52 to be a fairly lite conflict merge on top of 51.1 bugfix just the normal bugfix adjustments. and added files for live2d

So if the Merge is going to be 52. in any case. why take the time to put 51.1 into Master, Trist will have to be the final arbitrator on that question, when his Real Life responsibilities allow him a time window. but Mod does have a fairly large
surface area, 52, as described, doesn't appear that it will have any significant code that will affect mod so knowing any data structure changes
coming that affect mod appears to be related to 51.1

in comparison to 49.2, data structures appear to be fairly minor

just an aside, my main job isn't programming, don't deal with source control except as a hobby on the side. started learning python about 5 or 6 months ago, since my side interest are technolgy and genealogy and I have over 40 years of side experience and am insomniac, might have a slight advantage. doing thousands of of beta tests over the years. reading through thousounds of source trees in many different code formats. through multiple different source control variants over the decades. Git is a BABY in comparison. at least a 100 don't exist anymore

keroballz

May 27, 2022
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 359, in <module>
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 192, in advance_time_run_turn
File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 540, in run_turn
File "game/Mods/Core/messaging_customization.rpy", line 32, in generic_messages_wrapper
File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumDesign.rpy", line 127, in run_on_turn
File "game/Mods/Core/messaging_customization.rpy", line 32, in generic_messages_wrapper
File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumTrait.rpy", line 98, in run_on_turn
File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/_side_effect_traits.rpy", line 75, in hair_colour_wild_on_turn
File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/_blueprint_serum_traits.rpy", line 12, in hair_colour_change_on_turn
TypeError: 'float' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 374, in script call
File "general_actions/location_actions/business_actions.rpyc", line 133, in script call
File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 269, in script call
File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 356, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 359, in <module>
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 192, in advance_time_run_turn
File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 540, in run_turn
File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumDesign.rpy", line 127, in run_on_turn
File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumTrait.rpy", line 98, in run_on_turn
File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/_side_effect_traits.rpy", line 75, in hair_colour_wild_on_turn
File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/_blueprint_serum_traits.rpy", line 12, in hair_colour_change_on_turn

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.49.2.5
Mon May 30 12:14:26 2022

Last edited:

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 374, in script call
File "general_actions/location_actions/business_actions.rpyc", line 133, in script call
File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 269, in script call
File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 356, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.49.2.5
Mon May 30 12:14:26 2022
is this built on top of 51.1, line 98 in SerumTrait.rpy in v049.2.5 is a blank line error above is show it contains script. so something isn't matching up.

Mod isn't compatible with v0.51.1

keroballz

May 27, 2022
is this built on top of 51.1, line 98 in SerumTrait.rpy in v049.2.5 is a blank line error above is show it contains script. so something isn't matching up.

Mod isn't compatible with v0.51.1
123.JPG
Glad to get your reply, I am using this version of the game
start a new day or research、Production, this error will occur in production

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
well, color me embassed was looking at a couple of commits past 49.2.5, there appears to be a fix in place for it, in the dev branch. As I remember the last two calls of the error message from discord. I don't get the errors in current runs.

Now the question is how comfortable are you at doing a dev build. We can start by unren the v0.49.2.5 that you currently have so you would have less to download.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Could someone be kind and clarify the correct installation order?
1. Install original game files (v0.49.2)
2. Install Updated Ren'Py (v4.7.11)
3. Install Mod (v0.49.2.5)
4. Install Updated Game Files (Unofficial Bug-fix v0.49.2.5)

If I skip 4 then new game tells me that it is version v0.49.2. If I add 4 then new game tells me v0.49.2.5 but everyone in the game is always naked above the waist.

If I install the full version instead then everything works, so it is obviously me doing something wrong, but then I can't modify individual .rpy files, which I very much want to do.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Could someone be kind and clarify the correct installation order?
1. Install original game files (v0.49.2)
2. Install Updated Ren'Py (v4.7.11)
3. Install Mod (v0.49.2.5)
4. Install Updated Game Files (Unofficial Bug-fix v0.49.2.5)

If I skip 4 then new game tells me that it is version v0.49.2. If I add 4 then new game tells me v0.49.2.5 but everyone in the game is always naked above the waist.

If I install the full version instead then everything works, so it is obviously me doing something wrong, but then I can't modify individual .rpy files, which I very much want to do.
two options if you already have v0.49.2.5 all in one, then unren, I am using this one now (1) [Tool] - [Ren'Py] - Modified Unren that now includes several Universal mods in 1 file Unren 0.91 DBZ Edition | F95zone
or this one
(2) [Tool] - [Ren'Py] - UnRen v.0.11v3, UnRen v.0.12v3, UnRen v.0.13.v2+ UnRen Windowed | F95zone

Will let you unpack the game to the file structure.

otherwise if you are building from the files must get all from gitlab and github
v0.49.2.5
the below links or locations will generate a new zip file of the source files for 49.2.5 mod and bugfix, just in case there have been any corruption of the original links.

part 3 files would be
download will say lr2mods-master.zip instead of lr2mods-v0.49.2.5.zip master branch is at v0.49.2.5

part 4 files would be

Although I would recommend at least on the bugfix to get the post release or beta as there are a few bugfixes past the v049.2.5 release not rolled into a new all in one release.

the next 2 links download the latest bugfix and mod dev. mod dev currently add a lot of additional content also

part 3

part 4

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
two options if you already have v0.49.2.5 all in one, then unren, I am using this one now (1) [Tool] - [Ren'Py] - Modified Unren that now includes several Universal mods in 1 file Unren 0.91 DBZ Edition | F95zone
or this one
(2) [Tool] - [Ren'Py] - UnRen v.0.11v3, UnRen v.0.12v3, UnRen v.0.13.v2+ UnRen Windowed | F95zone

Will let you unpack the game to the file structure.

otherwise if you are building from the files must get all from gitlab and github
v0.49.2.5
the below links or locations will generate a new zip file of the source files for 49.2.5 mod and bugfix, just in case there have been any corruption of the original links.

part 3 files would be
download will say lr2mods-master.zip instead of lr2mods-v0.49.2.5.zip master branch is at v0.49.2.5

part 4 files would be

Although I would recommend at least on the bugfix to get the post release or beta as there are a few bugfixes past the v049.2.5 release not rolled into a new all in one release.

the next 2 links download the latest bugfix and mod dev. mod dev currently add a lot of additional content also

part 3

part 4
Thanks for a very extensive reply. Unfortunately it didn't make me much smarter :/

I tried the first unren link. But I couldn't get it to work due to the script failing to extract files that it needs to decompile .rpyc files
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I tried it from cmd and powershell both as normal user and admin and it just won't work :(
I also tried the console version of the second unren link and ended up with the same result.

So, I'm pretty much giving up that option. It just doesn't like my computer.

Which puts me back at square one...

1. Did I get the install order right?
2. Should this be interpreted as original base game also needs to be v0.49.2.5?
"otherwise if you are building from the files must get all from gitlab and github
v0.49.2.5"

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Thanks for a very extensive reply. Unfortunately it didn't make me much smarter :/

I tried the first unren link. But I couldn't get it to work due to the script failing to extract files that it needs to decompile .rpyc files
I tried it from cmd and powershell both as normal user and admin and it just won't work :(
I also tried the console version of the second unren link and ended up with the same result.

So, I'm pretty much giving up that option. It just doesn't like my computer.

Which puts me back at square one...

1. Did I get the install order right?
2. Should this be interpreted as original base game also needs to be v0.49.2.5?
"otherwise if you are building from the files must get all from gitlab and github
v0.49.2.5"
for Unren might need a python install don't remember or not, since I already had python installed for other projects.

besides having Vren's 49.2 installed first the remaining installs don't matter, copy the game folder bugfix so that it over writes the game folder and accept all overwrites. the mod directory the first time is just a strait copy. and the renpy update is like the game folder if I remember correctly.

on discord the latest commit is causeing tracebacks. Ok to ignore, but if you don't want to deal with that, this will be on the dev branch. of mod

Last edited:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
for Unren might need a python install don't remember or not, since I already had python installed for other projects.

besides having Vren's 49.2 installed first the remaining installs don't matter, copy the game folder bugfix so that it over writes the game folder and accept all overwrites. the mod directory the first time is just a strait copy. and the renpy update is like the game folder if I remember correctly.

on discord the latest commit is causeing tracebacks. Ok to ignore, but if you don't want to deal with that, this will be on the dev branch. of mod

Thanks for all the effort.

I did eventually get the windowed Gideon version of unren up running after installing visual studio c++, which allowed me to install PyQt5. But I never got it to actually play nice enough to decompile the rpyc files.

I did however find which turned out to be super simple to use:
Copy the un.rpyc or un.rpy file into the "game" directory inside the game. Run the game and it will decompile the entire game into .rpy files at startup.

Worked perfect. Started the game and all the rpyc files have been decompiled to rpy.

But when I restarted the game the fun stopped.
I think that I will simply have to live with console edits only.

EDIT:
I finally found the problem with manually installing and it turns out that I am beyond stupid.
I have consistently failed to put the patch into the GAME folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: eldoen

YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
Did they change the variable to trigger the yoga class? This is my 3rd PT and I can't seem to get it started.. Sarah barely does the coffee thing..

GreatCornholio

Apr 6, 2019
Did they change the variable to trigger the yoga class? This is my 3rd PT and I can't seem to get it started.. Sarah barely does the coffee thing..
If you mean yoga class, then you need raise relations with Erica from gym and spend time with her. She will mention money problems and after that you will be able to suggest yoga class for your employees.
If you mean Health Program for emloyees, i think it depends from number of workers in your company, you need at least 10. If i remember correctly, on the Monday meeting Sarah will say something like "we have two digits number of employees" and suggest Health Program in the gym. After that just talk with her and pay for program like coffee thing.

sillygoose7

Mar 29, 2019
I had a few questions, u downloaded the whole game + mod file for version 0.49.2.5

What's going on with the outfits? Girls are wearing random shit that isn't in their wardrobe, and they refuse to put on anything else. Custom wardrobe options don't show up when asking them to change into something.

Also, when trying to add makeup to a girl's base accessories with the "modify entire wardrobe" option they refuse to change anything, saying something like "I can't find anything I'm willing to change"

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 56 Votes