4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
tried it with 51.1 still getting same error
what I am talking about is latest bits on github bugfix branch and dev beta branch. if you are running the all in one that is in a self contained package. it is in rpa packages so the update shouldn't had done anything.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
does this mod work with game v0.51.1?
The dev branch does, or at least seems to mostly do:

Step 1. Get the base 0.51.1 game: https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-51-1-vren.7260/
Step 1.5 >.<: Get the Ren'Py update: https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/ (thank you, Eldoen!)
Step 2. Get the dev bugfix: (click on the green CODE button, "Download ZIP")
Step 3. Unpack the bugfix into the MAIN folder (do manual extraction - move "game" folder from the package, otherwise you'll get a mess), so that it merges with your base "game" folder, override all files
Step 4. Get the dev mod: (click on the download icon left of the blue CLONE button, "Download source code" as zip.
Step 5. Unpack the mod into the "game" folder - NOT the main folder! Again, do manual extraction to get the "Mods" folder where it should go (into the "game" folder)
Step 6. PROFIT!

Sounds more complicated than it is, but just for the sake of clarity:
The installation structure looks like this
-Main game folder - Unless you renamed, likely "Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc"
-- within the above, a "game" folder and other stuff
---within the "game" folder "Mods" sub-folder and other stuff

For some reason, I can't get the daily serum to work right now, though. Policy purchased and active, each character has both daily and weekend dosage assigned as work duties, the serum is chosen for all divisions, but it just doesn't seem to trigger. Have 50 doses in stock as well, so at this point no idea what's going on. Second fresh installation this is happening on, so possibly something with the work duty assignment code messing things up would be my guess.

Also, the cheat menu does not update all values on its GUI, but seems stable and playable as far as I got.

You can always override your installation with newer commits, usually it doesn't cause issues as long as the base version matches. Make sure to check both the bugfix and mod branches somewhat regularly for updates. I generally just download both again and override (bugfix first, then mod) whenever I get back to playing.

Last edited:

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021

Step 1. Get the base 0.51.1 game: https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-51-1-vren.7260/
Step 3. Unpack the bugfix into the MAIN folder (do manual extraction - move "game" folder from the package, otherwise you'll get a mess), so that it merges with your base "game" folder, override all files
Step 4. Get the dev mod: (click on the download icon left of the blue CLONE button, "Download source code" as zip.
Step 5. Unpack the mod into the "game" folder - NOT the main folder! Again, do manual extraction to get the "Mods" folder where it should go (into the "game" folder)
Step 6. PROFIT!

For some reason, I can't get the daily serum to work right now, though. Policy purchased and active, each character has both daily and weekend dosage assigned as work duties, the serum is chosen for all divisions, but it just doesn't seem to trigger. Have 50 doses in stock as well, so at this point no idea what's going on. Second fresh installation this is happening on, so possibly something with the work duty assignment code messing things up would be my guess.

Also, the cheat menu does not update all values on its GUI, but seems stable and playable as far as I got.

You can always override your installation with newer commits, usually it doesn't cause issues as long as the base version matches. Make sure to check both the bugfix and mod branches somewhat regularly for updates. I generally just download both again and override (bugfix first, then mod) whenever I get back to playing.
still need the Ren'py update, Vren is still building on an older version of Ren'py, checking on a couple of other things to verify though.

Reactions: SpikyHair

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
still need the Ren'py update, Vren is still building on an older version of Ren'py, checking on a couple of other things to verify though.
Thank you - for some obscure reason I was under the impression the 0.51.1 base already includes the Ren'Py update.

Edit: Did a quick check with the Ren'Py update, still the same situation - no daily doses administered.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Thank you - for some obscure reason I was under the impression the 0.51.1 base already includes the Ren'Py update.

Edit: Did a quick check with the Ren'Py update, still the same situation - no daily doses administered.
cheat menu back though correct??

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
cheat menu back though correct??
Cheat menu was working* even without the Ren'Py update, just didn't update the numbers on a lot of the modified variables in the GUI.

For instance, if you changed Charisma from 4 to 5, it'd keep showing 4 (not modify the value displayed in the cheat mode GUI) until you closed and entered cheat mode again. However, the variable would be correctly changed.

A lot of the variable fields would be "stuck" displaying initial value, despite the actual value game uses being modified.

But I was able to use all the cheat menus (character/company mods, research, and opinions) without a problem even before applying Ren'Py update.

Just verified - the Ren'py update did fix the GUI issue from non-updated version, values displayed by the GUI are now dynamically adjusted as expected.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
yeah that ren'py update has some strange side effects it resolves. don't know which ones on 51.1 yet but on 49.2.4 and after sometimes the cheat menu wouldn't even display. I started with the assumption that Vren had Updated to the latest version of Ren'py myself.

if you are getting a traceback with the daily, 51.1 has moved most of those to a Duty,
if the traceback refers to this file
game/Mods/Policy/weekend_serum_dosage.rpy and the .rpyc version of it.
it is safe to remove, as it is causing conflicts. depending on how early you grabbed and dev branch updates.

There are currently several listing serum dosage issues on discord. but that was one of the tracebacks that did come up. issue is still being looked at, otherwise.

From what I can tell. Just of matter of making Mod, behave with the new duty system.
for those reading in the backgroud.
******to be clear this only applies if you are playing with the latest bits from gitgud dev branch and bugfix on github,, meaning you are grabbing the latest and greatest and manually installing 51.1, then the bugfix game files, the latest mod directory from the Dev Branch.)******

don't delete those files from 49. as they are needed where they are.

El

Last edited:

roriocas

Jul 9, 2019

Step 1.5 >.<: Get the Ren'Py update: https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/ (thank you, Eldoen!)
Step 6. PROFIT!

how did you guys manage to get it running (v0.51.1) I followed the instructions but I keep getting an error every time I try to get in a scene with people.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
how did you guys manage to get it running (v0.51.1) I followed the instructions but I keep getting an error every time I try to get in a scene with people.

I ran into this at first too and couldn't figure out what exactly was going on, but did finally notice that the compiled file was not getting rewritten on launch(probably newer). So just delete the screens.RPYC file in the game folder. MAKE SURE ITS the .RPYC and not the .RPY file that you are deleting. Then when you run the game it will recompile that file.

Reactions: roriocas

roriocas

Jul 9, 2019
I ran into this at first too and couldn't figure out what exactly was going on, but did finally notice that the compiled file was not getting rewritten on launch(probably newer). So just delete the screens.RPYC file in the game folder. MAKE SURE ITS the .RPYC and not the .RPY file that you are deleting. Then when you run the game it will recompile that file.
Ty for your help. It didnt work at first, but with what you told me I decided to delete "script.rpyc" too. now it seems to be running fine

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Ty for your help. It didnt work at first, but with what you told me I decided to delete "script.rpyc" too. now it seems to be running fine
Just a little behind the scenes. The mod overrode the original functionality of Labrats 2. and the original call for that screen should have never happened. but new version and some refactoring of the code. some have slipped thru.

so it is still early days and integration still going on. anyway Trist has an update out today to cover the areas missed. that screen is never called after the fact so mod code isn't expecting features on that screen.

In answer to your original question, when starting new version, I do a few extra steps. in the Games folder after downloading 51.1 I will search for all *.rpyc files and just delete them. they are all regenerated and prefer to have clean ones after copying the bugfix game folder over the content.

dpending on the game state I am in. (if I am currently playing a lr2 game, I usually wait before deleting the persistant saves but for the most part I am prepapred to test a new batch about the time Trist is ready to start.

El

Last edited:

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Quite a few commits last two days, so possibly you had a problematic version compared to what I downloaded. Didn't get any tracebacks, just functionality issues.

Generally I'd suggest updating reasonably frequently. Normally you just need to get new dev-branch mod files and override what you have (though again - do check the bugfix, those are actually more important if updated), and that - most of the time - works without a problem.

If you want to keep playing regardless of the state of current dev branch, make a copy of your functioning installation, and put the updates there. That way you have a fall-back if something is broken in most recent version. I generally keep at least one older version for precisely that reason - can always delete that once you're certain everything works well.

Things will get borked up every time game structure changes (so any primary version numbers is pretty much guaranteed), though after the first week or two the possibility drops substantially.

I like playing dev versions, you get the most up-to-date content, even if it's at the price of occasional issue.

Reactions: roriocas

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Ok for those that have been playing with dev and don't read discord or the git commit notes.
a bug was fixed in the Duties system in Vanilla, so the bugfix branch. this fix should have resolved
the daily dosage issue among other Duties that were not properly assigned to Employees,

So those that have had the daily serum issue. will require a new game start.

just the nature of working thru the bugs, Would highly recommend joining the discord channel if
playing with the dev branch especially after 51.1 merge.

Reactions: SpikyHair

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Hey, LZ_Starbuck and Tristim.
In regards to the Discord server, I have lost access to the account due to some short-sighted decision leading to the irretrievable loss of the two-factor authentication (2FA) which entails that the 'owner' role of the server is lost forever.
"The King is dead, long live the King..."

You two got full admin privileges, but I'm not certain if that means being able to elevate others to the same status - and while that might not be needed, it's something to keep in mind.
I've been monitoring the server on a frequent basis - stalking and looming over the peasantry - so all looks to be running fine without the need of the 'owner' role's intervention.

In the event that setting up a new server becomes required, making a Discord Template of the current one is a quick option of importing the roles, channels, and settings over, so it's not too much of a daunting task.

While I'm at it - for the Git repository - if privilege elevation and access changes are desired, let me know. As it stands, Tristim is the sole "Maintainer" (role) of the repository. But because the project is public and accessible, the repository can in a worst-case scenario just be forked over.

TL;DR: I done goofed :poop:

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
So those that have had the daily serum issue. will require a new game start.
Just a heads-up to anyone who does not want to lose their progress.

The workaround posted in the bugfix commit ( ) does work - after putting "employee_role.on_move = employee_on_move" into console my employees were correctly assigned daily serum dose on the next turn.

You do need to enable the console, but that just means going into renpy->common subfolder, open the file 00console.rpy (I used notepad++, highly recommend), and modify the line below " # If true, the console is enabled despite config.developer being False." to read "config.console = True"

Then press shift+O during game, enter the variable cloning command "employee_role.on_move = employee_on_move" and you're good.

Remember to download and apply the most recent bugfix ( ) first, though. Also, probably wouldn't hurt to get the most recent dev mod and do the same ( ). AND have the ren'py update, along with current game version XD

Anyway, things look in playable state now.

qwerp12

Jun 26, 2017
Getting errors when trying to hire people as strippers in latest dev ver. Anyone else getting this error? Followed instructions by SpikyHair

Edit: only seems to be happening for people with jobs already?

Last edited:

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Just a heads-up to anyone who does not want to lose their progress.

The workaround posted in the bugfix commit ( ) does work - after putting "employee_role.on_move = employee_on_move" into console my employees were correctly assigned daily serum dose on the next turn.

You do need to enable the console, but that just means going into renpy->common subfolder, open the file 00console.rpy (I used notepad++, highly recommend), and modify the line below " # If true, the console is enabled despite config.developer being False." to read "config.console = True"

Then press shift+O during game, enter the variable cloning command "employee_role.on_move = employee_on_move" and you're good.

Remember to download and apply the most recent bugfix ( ) first, though. Also, probably wouldn't hurt to get the most recent dev mod and do the same ( ). AND have the ren'py update, along with current game version XD

Anyway, things look in playable state now.
That reminds me I need to enable console. In 51.1. I have some stuff I am working on, so starting a new game is easier for me especially since working on a script anyway to help step through the early content

shane420

Jul 6, 2018
Hey know you guys been super busy with mod but this shits been bothering for months any way to fix this clusterfuck of a UI?

Screenshot (2).png

harukaze15

Dec 27, 2021
the interns are only for research and production? or do I need to do something to unlock the other 3?

Last edited:

MeukBak

Jan 17, 2018
Hey know you guys been super busy with mod but this shits been bothering for months any way to fix this clusterfuck of a UI?
Weird, don't have that behavior, even if I make the window really small (quarter screen on a 1920x1080 resolution), it just scales.
Have v0.49.2.5 on a win11 machine. Don't know on what other stuff it could depend

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes