4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Looks like you've got the mods installed twice. If I had to hazard a guess, you have

game/Mods
and
game/game/Mods
Thanks interesting but no its a fresh install after the original failed nice thought though.
Its the type of error you will get if you have used unren debug with the mods but I dont so its weird

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
You need to do a completely clean install. Delete the Mods folder entirely and redownload.

We moved some files around to make the mod more organized. However, Ren'Py makes compiled versions of the game files (*.rpyc). These files linger when stuff gets moved, and appear to Ren'Py as duplicates. The lingering files need to be removed from the Mods folder. The simplest way is to delete and redownload, but if you are savvy with command line, you can run the following from the Command Prompt in the root of your game install:

Code:
del /s game\Mods\*.rpyc
Ill just do as you say delete the entire mods folder when updating the beta's as the root comand did not produce a good result big thanks though if I delete the whole mods folder it works sothat worked for me

Reactions: IK1212

Enlightnd

May 1, 2017
FYI for anyone interested, switching RenPy to DirectX render and dropping the DXVK (well known project that translates DirectX 9/10/11 calls to Vulkan) binaries in the root provides some speedup.

Going to test out the Live2D stuff over the weekend and see if it impacts that too.

Main difference I noticed is RenPy having a whole lot less trouble when you have a screen pop up with like 4+ girls at once.

Serben

May 27, 2017
FYI for anyone interested, switching RenPy to DirectX render and dropping the DXVK (well known project that translates DirectX 9/10/11 calls to Vulkan) binaries in the root provides some speedup.

Going to test out the Live2D stuff over the weekend and see if it impacts that too.

Main difference I noticed is RenPy having a whole lot less trouble when you have a screen pop up with like 4+ girls at once.

how do i switch to directx? thanks

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Phoexist

is your harem/nursery mod included in the mod in this thread? i downloaded the latest version and there is the ability to build a harem mansion, which i've also done. but there doesn't seem to be a way to build a nursery to accelerate my daughter's growth. is this a standard part of the mod in this thread, or a separate mod? if it's separate, where can i download it? thanks!
Here is the relevant code I pulled from my game version. I think(hope) I got it all for the Nursery and kid growth aspects. I stuck it in clean 51.1.2 files. So if that is what you are using you can just dump the files found in the NurseryKidMod folder into the \game directory and overwrite when asked. If you are using files from the develop branch or other versions, you should probably use WinMerge or something similar to just copy the code segments into your existing files rather than overwriting the entire file.

EDIT:
You will have to start a new game to use this mod. Unfortunately, rooms are only defined on a fresh game. If you run into an issue, let me know, I didn't test to see if it was running outside of my main code. So it is possible I forgot some bit somewhere, but 90% certain I got it all.

EDIT: Removed this linked to a bugged version. Updated version posted in new comment below (probably next page)

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodbus

Ranker

Jul 20, 2017
Since the normal game seems like it will take some time to release. Are you guys planning to release another version of 51 with more updates to it? Cause from what it looks like it may take another month or two at least before we get another update from the creator.

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
Here is the relevant code I pulled from my game version. I think(hope) I got it all for the Nursery and kid growth aspects. I stuck it in clean 51.1.2 files. So if that is what you are using you can just dump the files found in the NurseryKidMod folder into the \game directory and overwrite when asked. If you are using files from the develop branch or other versions, you should probably use WinMerge or something similar to just copy the code segments into your existing files rather than overwriting the entire file.

I don't think you will need to start a new game for it to take effect, but you may have too. If you run into an issue, let me know, I didn't test to see if it was running outside of my main code. So it is possible I forgot some bit somewhere, but 90% certain I got it all.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Looks like you just dropped the KidNursery file in the game folder. You need to only put the files found INSIDE that folder in the game directory. You will get an overwrite warning, which you should do. The files do overwrite existing files, which is why you are getting 'defined twice' errors.

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
Looks like you just dropped the KidNursery file in the game folder. You need to only put the files found INSIDE that folder in the game directory. You will get an overwrite warning, which you should do. The files do overwrite existing files, which is why you are getting 'defined twice' errors.
It seems your mod conflicting with this forum's mod itself.. because there are no override warning whatsoever.. this forum's mod packed everything in .RPA

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
It seems your mod conflicting with this forum's mod itself.. because there are no override warning whatsoever.. this forum's mod packed everything in .RPA
Sorry, it didn't even occur to me people had archive only version. You probably need to use unren to unpack the archives before applying the mod.

Reactions: Deane9850

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
Since the normal game seems like it will take some time to release. Are you guys planning to release another version of 51 with more updates to it? Cause from what it looks like it may take another month or two at least before we get another update from the creator.
Yes and no. Starbuck was working on another update but now she's battling irl issues so for now updates are seemingly on pause. At least from the main crew. If you look on the discord there's a channel for smaller mods that do add content or gameplay if you haven't tried them already

Reactions: Ranker

LivingPaper

Feb 19, 2018
Sorry, it didn't even occur to me people had archive only version. You probably need to use unren to unpack the archives before applying the mod.
Regarding the Nursery mod, after I have built the nursery, and I get the confirmation message that the building process is done I get this :

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 410, in script call
File "game/script.rpy", line 410, in script call
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 289, in script call
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 358, in script call
File "game/Mods/Room/actions/home_improvement_action.rpy", line 357, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
File "renpy/python.py", line 2247, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/Mods/Room/actions/home_improvement_action.rpy", line 357, in <module>
NameError: name 'nursery' is not defined

I just hit ignore and the nursery is no where to be found. I did put all of the files inside the game directory, overwritten the existing files too.

Reactions: Phoexist

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Regarding the Nursery mod, after I have built the nursery, and I get the confirmation message that the building process is done

I just hit ignore and the nursery is no where to be found. I did put all of the files inside the game directory, overwritten the existing files too.
I took a look at it. It's defined okay, but likely isn't working unless you start a new game :( Forgot that the rooms are only created at start up. I have edited the initial post as well, so hopefully others can benefit.

EDIT: in the meantime, you could define it with the console
type these lines and press enter after each one.

nursery = Room("nursery", "Nursery", [], standard_nursery_background, harem_objects,[], [], False, [2,6], None, False, lighting_conditions = standard_indoor_lighting)

list_of_places.append(nursery)

nursery.privacy_level = 0

$ nursery.visible = True

If you type those correctly, then it should define it and make it visible for use so you don't have to start a new game right away.

Last edited:

Serben

May 27, 2017
i found a bug, when the nursery finishes building an error pops up about some male name not being defined right before the contractor calls and tells you he's finished building it. i just hit ignore and it seemed to work. but now that i've built the nursery and put a daughter in there, nothing seems to happen. i got someone pregnant and after the baby was born she said she was putting our daughter in the nursery and i could visit her there. but when i go to the nursery there is nobody there. do i need to research some growth accelerating serum or something? and how do i do that?

Serben

May 27, 2017
ok i've now researched the puberty accelerating serum as well as the pregnancy accelerator and i even have a bunch in my inventory, but i still can't do anything in the nursery. when a woman gives birth she says she's putting the baby in the nursery and i can go visit the baby there, but when i go to the nursery it's completely empty and i can't do anything.

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

regarding the nursery mod.. added to an ongoing game, no babies yet popped .. altho both Lily and Jen in labor leave from the game, nursery finally done but I cant find where it is on the map. Also error ^ is during the contractor called.

edit: nvm.. glory to being able to browse previous page.

Last edited:

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
i found a bug, when the nursery finishes building an error pops up about some male name not being defined right before the contractor calls and tells you he's finished building it. i just hit ignore and it seemed to work. but now that i've built the nursery and put a daughter in there, nothing seems to happen. i got someone pregnant and after the baby was born she said she was putting our daughter in the nursery and i could visit her there. but when i go to the nursery there is nobody there. do i need to research some growth accelerating serum or something? and how do i do that?
Found a careless bug that was causing these. Will have an updated version later today. When I was pasting the code into clean files I accidentally put the child creation call under a similarly named segment right above where it should have gone. So I've fixed those two errors. Now just playtesting it out a bit further to make sure no other obvious bugs pop up. Sorry about the mixup.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes