4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

nim

May 6, 2017
Just asking because in your description, you have skipped a step. After you researched the individual traits and then created a serum design and named it, did you then have your team research and develop the serum? Those show on the right hand side of the research trait screen? That is where you have to spend clarity to develop the serum. Once your head researcher says its researched, then it is available for production.
My description was incomplete, sorry. I just went back, reset the research tier with the cheat function to 0 and then used clarity to go through the breakthrough messages again. Stephanie gives the "ready to set up production messages" after research but no serum designs show up on the production setup screen.
I have done this dozens of times in the un-modded version and it works . I don't know what I am missing, something out of order that I can't reset?

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
My description was incomplete, sorry. I just went back, reset the research tier with the cheat function to 0 and then used clarity to go through the breakthrough messages again. Stephanie gives the "ready to set up production messages" after research but no serum designs show up on the production setup screen.
I have done this dozens of times in the un-modded version and it works . I don't know what I am missing, something out of order that I can't reset?
did you change the location of the save directory that is stored on the C drive (somewhere in the appdata/local directory)? due to the fact that the MOD version and the vanilla version were storing their shit to the same directory, one NPC was buggy in the MOD version. and as soon as I split the MOD and vanilla into two independent directories, everything worked correctly.
for this you need
edit options.rpy
find and change this line
define config.save_directory = "LR_2_Proto-1493018508"
to
define config.save_directory = "LR_2_MOD-1493018508"
annnd - maybe start game from scratch.

most likely in the persistent file some indigestible shit from vanilla is stored from which indigestion occurs in the MOD version. That's why I say that absolutely, completely from a clean start, start the game. make sure that directory is empty before starting the game.

good luck!

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018
Can someone give you pointers in order to how to get further in mom's quest? In general I would like to see a semi-comprehensive guide to quests since some in mod don't have hints. If I failed mom's second interview does that mean the quest is over?

nim

May 6, 2017
did you change the location of the save directory that is stored on the C drive (somewhere in the appdata/local directory)? due to the fact that the MOD version and the vanilla version were storing their shit to the same directory, one NPC was buggy in the MOD version. and as soon as I split the MOD and vanilla into two independent directories, everything worked correctly.
for this you need
edit options.rpy
find and change this line
define config.save_directory = "LR_2_Proto-1493018508"
to
define config.save_directory = "LR_2_MOD-1493018508"
annnd - maybe start game from scratch.

most likely in the persistent file some indigestible shit from vanilla is stored from which indigestion occurs in the MOD version. That's why I say that absolutely, completely from a clean start, start the game. make sure that directory is empty before starting the game.

good luck!
Thank you for the suggestions, but still unable to produce serums.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Thank you for the suggestions, but still unable to produce serums.
start the game again =)
I started playing several times when I discovered that I unknowingly screwed up some kind of storyline, making it impossible to move along it. remember the principle of Dwarf Fortress 2 - "losing is fun"
and... start a new game.
after all, this game is not the most dull grinding - rather, here the grind is one of the most interesting of all games where there is a grind as such. because here sometimes it’s impossible not to laugh at some moments.
so - start the game over, it's fun =)

nim

May 6, 2017
start the game again =)
I started playing several times when I discovered that I unknowingly screwed up some kind of storyline, making it impossible to move along it. remember the principle of Dwarf Fortress 2 - "losing is fun"
and... start a new game.
after all, this game is not the most dull grinding - rather, here the grind is one of the most interesting of all games where there is a grind as such. because here sometimes it’s impossible not to laugh at some moments.
so - start the game over, it's fun =)
ARGGG! I found it , thanks guys. On my window, the "click spot" for setting the production is a just small part of the set production box instead of the full box. Just a quirk of my screen I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: ramvivat

XulOnTuesday

Aug 7, 2022
Got the room name and sister's name changed okay but the large one when the character talks still says "Lily" Can THAT be changed as well?
Talk to her, and then enter the console command:

Code:
the_person.name = "Susan"
the_person.title = the_person.create_formatted_title("Susan")
the_person.char.name = the_person.create_formatted_title("Susan")
The first one sets the actual name. The second one sets what you call her. This is formatted. The third one sets the name in Ren'Py dialogue.

Silentheart42

May 10, 2019
Talk to her, and then enter the console command:

Code:
the_person.name = "Susan"
the_person.title = the_person.create_formatted_title("Susan")
the_person.char.name = the_person.create_formatted_title("Susan")
The first one sets the actual name. The second one sets what you call her. This is formatted. The third one sets the name in Ren'Py dialogue.
Worked great thank you.

Silentheart42

May 10, 2019
Worked great thank you.
New issue. I am trying to hire Rebecca and Cuz. The option comes up for Rebecca but she says no. There is 3 options on the No "I understand" "I promise you'll enjoy it" [needs Loves Working] (she has Loves Working but the option is not clickable) and "don't you want to work with Cuz?" [needs Cuz working] (but there is No option to ask Cuz to work with me). Please help.

Aloof_Tooth

Feb 18, 2022
"I promise you'll enjoy it" [needs Loves Working] (she has Loves Working but the option is not clickable)
It has to be a discovered opinion. If you gave her the "loves working" opinion via the opinions menu in the quick menu then by default it's unknown.
"don't you want to work with Cuz?" [needs Cuz working] (but there is No option to ask Cuz to work with me). Please help.
This becomes an option later in cousin's quest line - after you discover that she works at the strip club you can blackmail her to work for you.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
It has to be a discovered opinion. If you gave her the "loves working" opinion via the opinions menu in the quick menu then by default it's unknown.

This becomes an option later in cousin's quest line - after you discover that she works at the strip club you can blackmail her to work for you.
can I start blackmailing her if I already, during the time she and her aunt were visiting, made her both a slave and a friend and she is already a 100% whore (5 yellow hearts)? Or have I screwed up the game again and the cousin shouldn't have been touched at all until I caught her trying to steal money from her sister's room? yes, and if you start blackmailing because of an attempted theft - will there be a chance of blackmailing because of her work in a strip club?

Silentheart42

May 10, 2019

How do you discover she works at the club? I have been many nights and never seen her.

Reactions: ramvivat

Aloof_Tooth

Feb 18, 2022
can I start blackmailing her if I already, during the time she and her aunt were visiting
No. Shortly after they move out you can catch her in your living room, then another day in Lily's room. Then you can start blackmailing her.
How do you discover she works at the club? I have been many nights and never seen her.
Her sluttiness has to reach a certain level and you have to have already blackmailed her once, then your aunt will approach you about finding out where she goes at night.

xbeo

May 10, 2017
Just a heads up: If your mouse cursor feels laggy/stuttering, hit SHIFT+G and disable "Powersave".

Silentheart42

May 10, 2019
No. Shortly after they move out you can catch her in your living room, then another day in Lily's room. Then you can start blackmailing her.

Her sluttiness has to reach a certain level and you have to have already blackmailed her once, then your aunt will approach you about finding out where she goes at night.
Any idea how high or low her sluttiness needs to be? I don't want to push it too high. At this moment she likes me and is pregnant. I don't want to accidently lock myself out of hiring her. Thank you for the help.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes