4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

shane420

Jul 6, 2018
All of the sidequests were disabled in the gameplay speed update. For some unknown reason. You have to change the file extensions for the files in game\Mods\Plotlines\SideQuests\ from .bak to .rpy. I've made an issue about it and maybe Starbuck can explain.
btw if you do this it crashes the game :'( gdi i just want damn arousal serum

hibakuxa

Nov 10, 2017
A few suggestions or problems I've found in the game:
1. When you take interns (besides Kaya) to lunch the game will break. It seems it can't find likes/dislikes of the girl to show as options.
2. All actions should take up energy: I would reduce the amount of energy taken by "make small talk"; "compliment her"; "flirt with her" to 5 but actions such as "ask her to lunch/movies/dinner/date/lingerie"; "ask her to be girlfriend"; "talk about birth control"; all actions in "give her a command", basically everything even the ones under special actions should also take 5 of energy.
3. Finally I would reduce the actions that advance to the next phase of the day to an absolute minimum and making sure they always show those ">>>". Actions such as "start performance review" makes no sense and becomes useless once it has that effect of making the day advance. Same thing with the "study her for Nora" thing. At most put an higher energy cost on some special actions and allow each phase of the day to go negative on the energy but once it goes negative it passes to the next phase of the day automatically. What I mean is let's say I have 7 of energy left, an action costs 50. It will allow me to do the action at the cost of advancing to the next phase of the day.
4. Each interaction within the sex dialogue box should count to upgrade the serums mastery level.
5. I just had a problem where the city coucil investigator has come to my business on the day&hour that I had a meeting with Lynn's father. The game advances and doesn't allow me to attend that other meeting moving on from morning to evening. This should never happen.
Anyway, just thought on sharing a few random thoughts.
Have fun! And keep up the good work.

hibakuxa

Nov 10, 2017
6. Another thing that would be really helpful is a similar screen to the staff review but to all the other girls. Instead of the tabs for job positions, you'd have tabs for "status, info & characteristics"; "work and sex skills"; "sex record"; "sex opinions"; "normal opinions". You could then have a simple checkbox to move some people up the list. So that people you haven't interacted with show last.
7. Novelty factor should show in the up general tab at the top of the screen that shows up for every character. It's a very important value since it determines the amount of clarity you can extract from your lust. So it should be in the main screen.

XulOnTuesday

Aug 7, 2022
A few suggestions or problems I've found in the game:
1. When you take interns (besides Kaya) to lunch the game will break. It seems it can't find likes/dislikes of the girl to show as options.
If you're talking about the hang, it was fixed a while back and you should update your mod. If you're talking about lack of likes/dislikes, generated interns are really boring. It's on my list of fixes for the University Plotline.
2. All actions should take up energy: I would reduce the amount of energy taken by "make small talk"; "compliment her"; "flirt with her" to 5 but actions such as "ask her to lunch/movies/dinner/date/lingerie"; "ask her to be girlfriend"; "talk about birth control"; all actions in "give her a command", basically everything even the ones under special actions should also take 5 of energy.
That changes the balance of the game quite a bit, and is a pretty big ask for a mod. The costs of Make Small Talk et al control the pace of early game. Asking people on dates or to be girlfriends are non-spammable, so energy costs there don't make much sense. Some commands could probably use an energy cost. I'll look into adding token costs for the strip commands, so they aren't as spammable.
3. Finally I would reduce the actions that advance to the next phase of the day to an absolute minimum and making sure they always show those ">>>". Actions such as "start performance review" makes no sense and becomes useless once it has that effect of making the day advance. Same thing with the "study her for Nora" thing. At most put an higher energy cost on some special actions and allow each phase of the day to go negative on the energy but once it goes negative it passes to the next phase of the day automatically. What I mean is let's say I have 7 of energy left, an action costs 50. It will allow me to do the action at the cost of advancing to the next phase of the day.
I am 100% on board with always showing the arrows. Do you know any specific places that lack them?

Nora studies take time because otherwise, you could get all Nora serums in a day. Performance reviews take time because they take time in real life (though they could stand to be powered up). Changing the way time passes is completely outside the scope of this mod.
4. Each interaction within the sex dialogue box should count to upgrade the serums mastery level.
MC is too distracted to be taking notes. In coming mod updates (live on develop branch), there are better ways to increase mastery.
5. I just had a problem where the city coucil investigator has come to my business on the day&hour that I had a meeting with Lynn's father. The game advances and doesn't allow me to attend that other meeting moving on from morning to evening. This should never happen.
Sidequests are being reworked, so that shouldn't happen again.

Also, even though it should never happen, shit like that happens all the time in real life. If you didn't want to miss lunch dates due to government inspectors, you shouldn't sell illegal pharmaceuticals on the open market. /s

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Also, even though it should never happen, shit like that happens all the time in real life. If you didn't want to miss lunch dates due to government inspectors, you shouldn't sell illegal pharmaceuticals on the open market. /s
Or use the cheat menu to go back in time and meet the employees father after the city inspector has completed her visit.

Reactions: hibakuxa

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I had the same crash problem with Ophelia. Did you do anything to fix it?
Ophelia crashes when i at first played vanilla version and then switched to MOD version.

persistent file in save dir must be created by MOD-version.

hibakuxa

Nov 10, 2017
If you're talking about the hang, it was fixed a while back and you should update your mod. If you're talking about lack of likes/dislikes, generated interns are really boring. It's on my list of fixes for the University Plotline.
It's kind of a hang, yes. I have the latest non-beta version (v0.51.1.2). Was it fixed but not changed the version? Or should I upgrade to the beta version? Will the saves be accepted in the current beta?

I'll look into adding token costs for the strip commands, so they aren't as spammable.
That's actually the one I find most annoying. Also the shows at the strip club.

I am 100% on board with always showing the arrows. Do you know any specific places that lack them?
I think that when messing with mother's computer there is one action that should have the arrows. I think I've come across a few more but I don't remember. I'll notify here next time I see it happen.

Nora studies take time because otherwise, you could get all Nora serums in a day. Performance reviews take time because they take time in real life (though they could stand to be powered up). Changing the way time passes is completely outside the scope of this mod.
What about questionnaire takes no time but Nora has to work in her lab for a few days for you to get the new serum trait?
Performance review could take up 100 energy, instead of time passing time.

Changing the way time passes is completely outside the scope of this mod.
Since the original version of the game went open-source, I just assumed the modders were also working with the creator there, thus some of the comments that do change some dynamics in the game. My bad ;)

MC is too distracted to be taking notes. In coming mod updates (live on develop branch), there are better ways to increase mastery.
It seems odd to get 0.2 mastery level at the end of the action for the flirting/groping that started it. Why not give a standard 1.0 whatever the amount of actions within the sex interaction for the whole event?

I agree but in reality you also have phones that you can call and cancel other appointments. My problem is not that the event could get postponed but it seems to have gotten fully cancelled.
You have to commit infractions to meet and corrupt the city council representative ;)
Anyway, the infraction was committed friday, weekend city council doesn't work, I was expecting to be called on the infraction monday, but for some reason it only happened tuesday.

Or use the cheat menu to go back in time and meet the employees father after the city inspector has completed her visit.
I use the mod for the improvements in the game and the added stories. I don't use the cheat options. I didn't even know I could go back in time. I guess I'll use it this one time.

Thanks for your answers.

Teritius

Jan 5, 2021
Do you have the crash message?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/Mods/Screens/person_info_detailed.rpy", line 9, in execute
  File "game/Mods/Screens/person_info_detailed.rpy", line 32, in execute
  File "game/Mods/Screens/person_info_detailed.rpy", line 32, in <module>
AttributeError: 'float' object has no attribute 'title'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 374, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 476, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.51.1.2
Sat Jan 28 23:08:01 2023
This one, right?

XulOnTuesday

Aug 7, 2022
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 476, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.51.1.2
Sat Jan 28 23:08:01 2023
This one, right?
That's the one. It's been fixed in the development version, but I think you can run the following command to fix it:

Code:
salon_manager.hair_colour = ["barn red", [0.484, 0.039, 0.008,1]]

Reactions: Teritius

shane420

Jul 6, 2018
Nope. Per , "Sidequests are being removed in favor of more consistent story triggers." It sounds like it will be a while.

It looks like the serum trait itself is still in the game. list_of_traits.append(arousal_serum_trait) adds it.
thank you <3

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes