4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
So... I'm playing 0.51.1+latest bugfix+latest mod from develop branch and I ran into this problem :

image_2023-02-01_162636036.png

I have the same issue with every work-related task wich advance time, but weirdly enough not with most other tasks advancing time (taking instapics for Lily, lunch dates, doing chores for Mom 1st taboo break, etc. )

Any idea ?

EDIT : Nvm, found what the problem was. I hadn't completed the tour (missed marketing) on Day 1. It was solved I soon as I visited it. I leave the message here in case anyone encounter the same problem as I wasn't able to find anyhing about it in this thread or in game.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think by now, most who use the mod, use the "skip tour" option so that probably doesnt get really much on it. Surprised you get any options in the lab though prior to finishing the whole tour, so partial variable oversight i guess. Having posted this, I know some of the contributors to the mod may see this and take care of it, give it time.

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
what do you need to trigger the following
tutoring at college
and strip club
for tutoring at college you need to return a week after you developed the tier 2 serums and continue to research her various traits
for the strip club after you walk the streets at the evening and your cousin moved out you need to find her during the afternoon a blackmail her at your sister room

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
For some reason, I'm sometimes not allowed to save my game, and I get this:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1102, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 415, in save
    reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 401, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.51.1.1
Tue Feb  7 07:09:21 2023

Last edited:

XulOnTuesday

Aug 7, 2022
For some reason, I'm sometimes not allowed to save my game, and I get this:

Code:
snip
Hoo boy.

The way Ren'Py saves is called "pickling", and some data types are not supported. Specifically functions. Trying to pickle a function results in this error.

For some reason, Ren'Py is trying to save a function (or something similar). Do you recall what specific mods you have installed (and date of retrieval) and what console commands you have run? Also, have you been able to save with your mod configuration previously?

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
tell me, is it necessary to study the next trait for the serum to 0% chance of side effects, if no side effects were detected during the creation and laboratory testing of the serum design? Is it necessary to understand that the mechanics of the game generates all possible side effects when creating a serum and other effects cannot appear? Do I understand correctly that even if there is a 150% chance of a side effect (but in the absence of any during testing), further study of the traits and components of the serum can be stopped? I just have only 3 designs of serums in the current game, but all 3 designs with 0% side effect - that is, I completely studied all the components of these serums, which took me a lot of time (oh yes, and money too, well, yes, I cheated a sufficient initial amount of money - only a few million).

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
never study mastery, ever. just give random serum to people and chat them 5 times. you can re-research the serum if the side effect is too bad. but still, use the singular bottle on random.. or Candy. never test that Steph. that's why knowing more peoples good.

Reactions: Jaxter

JoZEr

Apr 18, 2020
Is there a way to bring back someone from the hospital / purgatory manually?

I hired someone and then found out they were already pregnant, so I tried to use some console commands to make her not pregnant. It seemed to work fine, until she disappeared to the hospital months later. I thought she might come back after a few days automatically, but I think not actually being pregnant when she went to the hospital screwed up something with her returning, because it's been more than a week since she disappeared.
I can talk to her on the phone so she has focus as "the_person" but haven't been able to figure out how to get her schedule override canceled.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Is there a way to bring back someone from the hospital / purgatory manually?

I hired someone and then found out they were already pregnant, so I tried to use some console commands to make her not pregnant. It seemed to work fine, until she disappeared to the hospital months later. I thought she might come back after a few days automatically, but I think not actually being pregnant when she went to the hospital screwed up something with her returning, because it's been more than a week since she disappeared.
I can talk to her on the phone so she has focus as "the_person" but haven't been able to figure out how to get her schedule override canceled.
You could try this...

pregnant_finish_announce_person(the_person)

Though I've never tried it, it might work... Without knowing what variables are set though, results could be anything...

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
Hoo boy.

The way Ren'Py saves is called "pickling", and some data types are not supported. Specifically functions. Trying to pickle a function results in this error.

For some reason, Ren'Py is trying to save a function (or something similar). Do you recall what specific mods you have installed (and date of retrieval) and what console commands you have run? Also, have you been able to save with your mod configuration previously?
I'm generally able to save, but sometimes not. I'm not able to save new games, and I'm rarely not able to save during existing games, and it is hard to determine when or why.

I've been tinkering with the code here and there, but I'm not aware of anything that would change the overall structure.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes