4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

InfinityzeN

Oct 29, 2016
I have been experiencing random system restarts while playing the mod. It only happens with this mod for this game, no other renpy games (or anything else). Have done a redownload of the full modified game and it still happens. Randomly from some point which could be 10 minutes or a couple of hours the whole system will reboot. It is not lack of sufficient system, since I am on a 16 core/32 thread (AMD 5k), 128GB Ram, multiple NVMe system running Windows 10.

EDIT: It is also not overheating, I monitor temps and have a water cooling setup with a 420mm radiator with three iPPC 140mm 3k rpm fans and three iPPC 140mm 2k rpm system fans. The system is primarily a rendering/compiling system that also does graphic work, runs ERDAS Imagine fine.

It is specifically with 51.3. With the older version it didn't happen. Really driving me crazy. I would post a traceback but there isn't one since every time it happens it causes a system restart rather than just crashing the game. Only traceback I have is two days ago but have experienced half a dozen restarts since then.

Last edited:

IceeCreamm

Feb 23, 2019
It's a random event at work. You'll overhear complaints about how far the ladies have to go to use the restroom. That unlocks the policy.
but I do remember I overhear them mentioning about it already? Is there maybe a time limit or anything?

Larans

Oct 15, 2019
I have been experiencing random system restarts while playing the mod. It only happens with this mod for this game, no other renpy games (or anything else). Have done a redownload of the full modified game and it still happens. Randomly from some point which could be 10 minutes or a couple of hours the whole system will reboot. It is not lack of sufficient system, since I am on a 16 core/32 thread (AMD 5k), 128GB Ram, multiple NVMe system running Windows 10.

EDIT: It is also not overheating, I monitor temps and have a water cooling setup with a 420mm radiator with three iPPC 140mm 3k rpm fans and three iPPC 140mm 2k rpm system fans. The system is primarily a rendering/compiling system that also does graphic work, runs ERDAS Imagine fine.

It is specifically with 51.3. With the older version it didn't happen. Really driving me crazy. I would post a traceback but there isn't one since every time it happens it causes a system restart rather than just crashing the game. Only traceback I have is two days ago but have experienced half a dozen restarts since then.
Have you been able to notice anything specific that's triggering it? Have you tried running other programs recently? It might be a hardware problem of some sort that has only now started. I can't think of anything specific that might otherwise cause it outside of something strange with the system setup.

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
Probable driver issue, as Ren'Py will be using the GPU in a different way to a rendering engine. Quick way to test is to try Windows Sandbox and stick the game into it. That'll eliminate system settings but not drivers.

InfinityzeN

Oct 29, 2016
Have you been able to notice anything specific that's triggering it? Have you tried running other programs recently? It might be a hardware problem of some sort that has only now started. I can't think of anything specific that might otherwise cause it outside of something strange with the system setup.
Other video games (some very system intensive), productivity software, multispectral imaging software, etc. It is really weird since I will be sitting with CPU at 35~37c and 3~5%, GPU at 45~50c and 10%, and RAM utilization at 10~12GB (sub 10%). No spikes, memory leaks, or anything else I can spot.

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
Other video games (some very system intensive), productivity software, multispectral imaging software, etc. It is really weird since I will be sitting with CPU at 35~37c and 3~5%, GPU at 45~50c and 10%, and RAM utilization at 10~12GB (sub 10%). No spikes, memory leaks, or anything else I can spot.
OK, how long was you playing for? It looks like it's a memory leak or something like that as the game just locked up my computer but I managed to get it back using task manager.

InfinityzeN

Oct 29, 2016
OK, how long was you playing for? It looks like it's a memory leak or something like that as the game just locked up my computer but I managed to get it back using task manager.
I think you might be right. Not a memory leak, but some sort of memory error. Python and Renpy both have a history of getting varies memory issues, especially after upgrades. After switching to a "save and restart game" every half hour, I purposely played until I had to go to sleep to see if it would crash again. Hit just over four hours doing it that way and didn't crash, compared to always having a hard reboot sometime after an hour.

Reactions: HoodedSilence

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
No i don't see any option about it.
I think it may be broken. I'm at day 130 and still haven't had the overhear event which unlocks the unisex bathroom policy.

If you want to trigger it manually, then you can do it via console command: call unisex_restroom_overhear_label

But I have no idea if that is good enough to allow triggering of glory hole and later events, so use at own risk.

Mishun

Jan 27, 2018
I really like the mod but i still have a couple suggestions:
1) when you get unpaid serum testing make it replace the paid serum testing instead of making it its own duty. Makes little sense to pay them if you can get them to test it for free.
2) merge the player inventory and lab inventory. I can only think of 1 scenario where that actually makes a real difference except being more clicks to get serums into your personal inventory: When you have high attention and roll the "confiscate all of a specific serum" outcome. Other than that its just more (annoying) clicks to get the serums into your player inventory.
3) A way to faster add multiple outfits to a girls personal wardrobe instead of having to give her a command for every single one
4) Multiple serums for the automatic daily dose. Either by unlocking another slot or by being able to circle through them automatically as long as the previous one is still active and the new one wont put her over the serum tolerance cap.
5) If you manage to get a serum trait to 0% risk remove it from the researchable traits.
6) A quick way to copy a serum to retry creating it without flaws.
first they are must fix fonts on contracts screen, i can't read it,
if i can't read it, i can't make money, and that means "game over"
can't read it.png

Wolfdragon20

Nov 8, 2021
Nope, clone role is explicitly blocked from getting knocked up in the code.
Code:
    def become_pregnant(person, mc_father = True, progress_days = 0): # Called when a girl is knocked up. Establishes all of the necessary bits of info.
        # prevent issues when function is called for already pregnant person / clones are sterile
        if not person or person.is_pregnant() or person.has_role(clone_role):
            return
bummer

Mishun

Jan 27, 2018
i have 2 questions
1 how to unlock new fetishes? for example when action require exhibitionist fetish
2 how to own strip club? i read this is possible, but how i don't know

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
i have 2 questions
1 how to unlock new fetishes? for example when action require exhibitionist fetish
2 how to own strip club? i read this is possible, but how i don't know
1- fetishes are unlocked through nanobot serums you need to talk to steph after tier 3 to expedite the process
You can only cultivate the breeding fetish through trance as you probably already know
Exhibition fetish doesn't really change a character's behavior so far

2- you need to wait till cousin is out of your house
Catch her at your living room
Blackmail her at Lily's bedroom
Get a call from aunt
Investigate cousin room
See her strip
Confront and blackmail her the following day
Wait a couple of weeks for a call from the sex shop owner
And meet cousin infront of the strip club at the evening

Reactions: Soulesssone

JohnRobertSmith

Apr 23, 2023
This game has so much potential and a lot of really great content. I feel it is held back somewhat by the sex scene system and balance though.

A lot of scenes could be locked behind serum traits that are easily achievable now without. Things like orgasms from blowjobs, multiple orgasms, trance, orgasms from anal sex and willingness to deepthroat, just to name a few. Not that no girls are capable of multiple orgasms, there could be a character trait allowing for that without serum, just that it is certainly not common.

As is, there seems to be little point in researching ever more powerful serum traits. Everything is easy enough to achieve without serum.

If there is enough interest, I could write up a system with suggested numbers. I cannot implement that though, as my programming knowledge is not up to the task (and I currently do not have the time to learn programming).

Thank you for maintaining this gem and adding even more content!

Reactions: MacMalfoy69

behindmoon

Nov 30, 2020
Is it possible to add traits only by trance?
For example, is there any other way I can add the trait of 'Likes Incest' to mom?

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes