4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
slick97
looked around my current playthrough. i have a paramour with about 10 love and 64 sluttiness
I'll have to do some more digging through the source code later, but it appears that there are two methods of having an affair:
  1. You initiate it yourself
  2. Your sex partner initiates it after sex
With the first option, I believe it uses very similar logic to asking a paramour to break up with their SO (i.e. based on love and "cheating on men" opinion is a modifier).

The second option is where I'm not entirely sure if there even is a love requirement. It seems that the only requirement is having a high enough sluttiness score to be able to initiate sex (either through groping or flirting) and has a chance at running depending on the outcome of the interaction.

Reactions: jimdandy

poloz

May 28, 2019
Is is possible that the Nora content and Mother and Sis content is removed from the newest version of the game?

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I'm not sure if this was intended, but there appears to be a potential oversight when it comes to Erica's fertility status. It's a bit of a lengthy discussion and involves minor story spoilers, so I'm going to leave everything I found behind a spoiler tag.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tl;dr
I'm a massive idiot who took in-game statuses as something literal and indicative of more in depth mechanics at play. At least now there is some clarity for others who've run into the same issue.

Reactions: jimdandy

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Many of the characters introduced by the mod are created by Starbuck. You'd have to ask them, but my guess is they were trying to display it in a way that fits w/i the framework of the game mechanics for fertility created by Vren. For future reference, assume that anything that doesn't make sense wrt the game's overall sex mechanics you're experiencing with mod characters are because Starbuck wrote it that way for their intended story

That also goes for where the mod has changed something Vren wrote, like I've been seeing chatter about some sort of required route for taboo breaks w/ Jennifer and Lily or something? Is it true you can't pick and choose which ones you break, but have to break them in some sort of order?

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
That also goes for where the mod has changed something Vren wrote, like I've been seeing chatter about some sort of required route for taboo breaks w/ Jennifer and Lily or something? Is it true you can't pick and choose which ones you break, but have to break them in some sort of order?
No, you can break them however you want. However, there are certain storylines (or quests) that get skipped if you choose to follow one path over another. For instance, using trance and making them love incest is a far easier route than doing things like getting Lily a phone, but in doing so you would miss the early introduction of Iris, for instance.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
No, you can break them however you want. However, there are certain storylines (or quests) that get skipped if you choose to follow one path over another. For instance, using trance and making them love incest is a far easier route than doing things like getting Lily a phone, but in doing so you would miss the early introduction of Iris, for instance.
So some people saying you have to break foreplay, then oral, then anal before vaginal are wrong?

gomesa

Mar 11, 2019
Screenshot 2023-07-25 072820.png

When she ask this Can't we have a option That we can say YES you have to do everything your boss tell you to do . & she say yes you are right.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Built twice the harem mansion (200000x2) and twice it reset after the end of construction and is re-proposed...

Anyone know how to force the construction with console?

edit: lol, the bug is solved by constructing something else after the harem mansion...

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
Many of the characters introduced by the mod are created by Starbuck. You'd have to ask them, but my guess is they were trying to display it in a way that fits w/i the framework of the game mechanics for fertility created by Vren. For future reference, assume that anything that doesn't make sense wrt the game's overall sex mechanics you're experiencing with mod characters are because Starbuck wrote it that way for their intended story

I haven't been totally involved in the goings on, but as far as I've heard yes - I think the change was intended to make Vren's dialogue during the first time in each main position more coherent

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I'll have to do some more digging through the source code later, but it appears that there are two methods of having an affair:
  1. You initiate it yourself
  2. Your sex partner initiates it after sex
With the first option, I believe it uses very similar logic to asking a paramour to break up with their SO (i.e. based on love and "cheating on men" opinion is a modifier).

The second option is where I'm not entirely sure if there even is a love requirement. It seems that the only requirement is having a high enough sluttiness score to be able to initiate sex (either through groping or flirting) and has a chance at running depending on the outcome of the interaction.
Also comes up as an option if the MC gets a woman pregnant while she's in a relationship.

Reactions: slick97

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
So some people saying you have to break foreplay, then oral, then anal before vaginal are wrong?
There is still a required progression when breaking taboos with both mom and Lily. However, there are different methods for permanently breaking a taboo step to move on to the next one.

*Edit: clarification (thanks dalzomo )

Last edited:
Reactions: VI487 and deepcool

Keizer19

Apr 24, 2017
Is there a list of perks I could look at? I've been looking for a specific ability perk where in depending on your charisma you can convince people to take a serum.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Is there a list of perks I could look at? I've been looking for a specific ability perk where in depending on your charisma you can convince people to take a serum.
I believe these are all of the perks currently available in the game. If someone finds a perk not listed, feel free to @ me with the perk name and I'll add it to the list.

Keizer19

Apr 24, 2017
I believe these are all of the perks currently available in the game. If someone finds a perk not listed, feel free to @ me with the perk name and I'll add it to the list.
So there wasn't a perk that lets you convince people to do stuff for you without having to grind the obedience level? I remember an old update having a setting like that or am I just hallucinating..
EDIT: Found it. It was a mod setting to Use persuasion. Hell I see a lot of settings here that looks fun to play with.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Thanks slick97 , but just FYI I know how things are in the vanilla game, and I know all about the quests. I wrote the taboo break walkthrough. When you say "still" you're only referring to the mod's forced progression. Vren had no such linear taboo break requirements

In fact, bloodbus , Vren wrote unique dialog for if you broke certain taboos before other ones (for instance, vaginal before anal with Lily) so the "more coherent" reason doesn't track except in certain situations or to some people's sensibilities. Are they even reachable now, or have they been excised because they're no longer relevant?

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
What can i do for Erica love progress?
"Get to know her" - select this option twice
"Workout Together" - select once
"Challenge to Race" - final scene offers choice of relationship type (FWB or love)

Note: I believe the FWB path can result in Erica "ghosting" you, which means the questline restarts and her character is replaced by another athlete.

Thanks @slick97 , but just FYI I know how things are in the vanilla game, and I know all about the quests. I wrote the taboo break walkthrough. When you say "still" you're only referring to the mod's forced progression. Vren had no such linear taboo break requirements
Oh shit, that was you (nice work btw!)! I never played the original so my only frame of reference is what the mod authors wrote (which I was told is Starbuck for story events?). The chart is essentially how the code is written currently, which I assume is to allow for story related events to be introduced (i.e. Iris Vandenburg).

I've been running into quite a few issues with failing to trigger certain events and questlines because of how easy it is to skip over said triggers unintentionally. I've been using the source files to deconstruct how to reveal certain characters and ensure all of the current quest triggers are hit (the worst of them being Erica's pregnancy related content... what a nightmare...).

I post whatever I find to help anyone else just getting into the game who are having similar issues that I did. Eventually I might create a master walkthrough (or just a bunch of infocharts) and post them, but that won't be for awhile.

Reactions: dalzomo
Jul 24, 2017
Have you tried pressing F3? Game might default to "powersave" mode which could be your problem. click the word to cycle between the two
It was in fact in powersave mode, but unfortunately switching it does not seem to make any significant improvement to responsiveness. I can see the FPS drop from 60 to 9~12 whenever I mouse over either a character or a location on the map. I saw what I assume is the frame render time hit 251 ms.

I tried turning on fullscreen as well but it didn't make a difference either.

slobber

May 19, 2019
actually that's probably one of my favorite aspects of this game. so many quests to discover. it's a little refreshing being able to just run around and trigger all these questlines randomly without knowledge.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes