4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Click1

Apr 27, 2018
Is there a reason why changes I attempt to make to the _serum_traits_ren.py file don't work? I'm trying to tweak some of the traits, but even updating something as simple as the description for a trait doesn't work. And it's definitely compiling just fine.

Is there another script file that I'm supposed to be modifying for them? All the other tweaks I've made to other parts of my game reflect just fine in game.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Is there a reason why changes I attempt to make to the _serum_traits_ren.py file don't work? I'm trying to tweak some of the traits, but even updating something as simple as the description for a trait doesn't work. And it's definitely compiling just fine.

Is there another script file that I'm supposed to be modifying for them? All the other tweaks I've made to other parts of my game reflect just fine in game.
My guess is that some of the definition files have been moved to python(.py) and not .rpy files. I believe these are only run once at the start of a new game. Probably a move to streamline some of the performance of the game. So changes you are making in those files will only be reflected when you start a new game.

Again... this is my assumption of how things are working currently as I haven't looked at the new code much in awhile.

Click1

Apr 27, 2018
My guess is that some of the definition files have been moved to python(.py) and not .rpy files. I believe these are only run once at the start of a new game. Probably a move to streamline some of the performance of the game. So changes you are making in those files will only be reflected when you start a new game.

Again... this is my assumption of how things are working currently as I haven't looked at the new code much in awhile.
I had a similar thought so I went as far as completely reinstalling and starting a new game without save files or compiled rpyc files from the source folder and made the changes before initializing a new game... yet nothing. A quick findstr doesn't seem to show any places either. Unless the serum traits are hardcoded into the .exe now or something, I'm sorta stumped.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Most of the time you made any changes to the core files on how serums worked it didnt take effect until NEXT game. The game still builds its internal arrays of info based on those. Some things could change mid game, like effects, after slapping a new copy of a given effect, but most of the time, anything major resulted in it not working until new game.
Now for the most part.. the py and rpy files are not much different. Small syntax changes, but otherwise the same for the most part. I think the downloaded "full" editions are packed/archived, hence why you cant find anything. Else.. everything is there, maybe moved around a bit to be better sorted. Just look around in the git site.
I pull directly from the git for all the loose files (on develop so i play bleeding edge and iv gotten used to restarts).

Also depending on what you are using for indexing your searches you may need to add .py files into the index.
I just use the base windows index search myself for quick basic stuff, and had to go manually add .py files in the advanced settings and make sure to set "plain text filter". . So i start with a general search term, get the search results, open up all of those in notepad++ and do a full all file search there. Its a bit multi setup but it works to get me what i want.
Also since using a local git sync, i can just edit my copy, merge in anything from the main site, and get a change log for everything.

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
In fact, bloodbus , Vren wrote unique dialog for if you broke certain taboos before other ones (for instance, vaginal before anal with Lily) so the "more coherent" reason doesn't track except in certain situations or to some people's sensibilities. Are they even reachable now, or have they been excised because they're no longer relevant?
Honestly not sure. I'm by no means a dev, just a moderator in their discord. I could be completely wrong lol. (I do prefer having things be less constricted because the sluttiness should define what they're willing to do - not taboo breaks). Take my yes with a huge grain of salt

Reactions: dalzomo

Areyouken

Jun 24, 2018
hmmm. I knocked mum up and have had a threesome with mum and sis. However I cant seem to trigger it again. Can someone tell me how I can trigger it again? They both love threesomes

Also, Mum's belly isnt showing at all (I'm playing fast mode). How much longer do I have to play to get to see the fruits of my labour? ;)

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Most of the time you made any changes to the core files on how serums worked it didnt take effect until NEXT game. The game still builds its internal arrays of info based on those. Some things could change mid game, like effects, after slapping a new copy of a given effect, but most of the time, anything major resulted in it not working until new game.
Now for the most part.. the py and rpy files are not much different. Small syntax changes, but otherwise the same for the most part. I think the downloaded "full" editions are packed/archived, hence why you cant find anything. Else.. everything is there, maybe moved around a bit to be better sorted. Just look around in the git site.
I pull directly from the git for all the loose files (on develop so i play bleeding edge and iv gotten used to restarts).

Also depending on what you are using for indexing your searches you may need to add .py files into the index.
I just use the base windows index search myself for quick basic stuff, and had to go manually add .py files in the advanced settings and make sure to set "plain text filter". . So i start with a general search term, get the search results, open up all of those in notepad++ and do a full all file search there. Its a bit multi setup but it works to get me what i want.
Also since using a local git sync, i can just edit my copy, merge in anything from the main site, and get a change log for everything.
I'll add further to this to say that complex actions are broken down into multiple functions. Traits are a perfect example in that there are two locations where the info is stored:
  • The effects of the trait when put into a serum (includes an "on_apply" and "on_remove" function)
  • The research cost and additional effects applied to the serum itself (i.e. medical, sex, physical, etc.)
The apply/remove functions will work on an existing save game, but the description is loaded right from the start of a new game.

Reactions: coretex

Spot1

Oct 24, 2019
HI! Can abybody guide how to upgrade production facilites for make stronger serum?( Need buy equipment or not? Where? )

cantwakeup111

Mar 3, 2018
Is anyone else having issues with storylines not triggering? Examples are Ellie's love route, Ashley's routes and Sarah's routes. There's a couple more I can't remember rn.

Is storyline progression tied to love/sluttiness thresholds perhaps? I feel like i was too efficient with my serums and advanced past those thresholds before they had a chance to trigger or something? Or are they tied to some other metric and i just need tobe extremely patient?

Sep 21, 2019
I believe these are all of the perks currently available in the game. If someone finds a perk not listed, feel free to @ me with the perk name and I'll add it to the list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is very useful thank you. By the way is there a quest tracker log? I feel lazy to find every girl and look at story progress. The interrogation mark on the corner is not super reliable...

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Is anyone else having issues with storylines not triggering? Examples are Ellie's love route, Ashley's routes and Sarah's routes. There's a couple more I can't remember rn.

Is storyline progression tied to love/sluttiness thresholds perhaps? I feel like i was too efficient with my serums and advanced past those thresholds before they had a chance to trigger or something? Or are they tied to some other metric and i just need tobe extremely patient?
Some quests require certain actions to be performed (i.e. breaking a taboo or purchasing something). Almost all quests have a love/sluttiness/obedience requirement, but I don't know the exact values off the top of my head.

I'll take a look later, although if you're feeling ambitious you can find the requirement for the triggers in each of the characters "definition.py" files in the "people" folder. Some quests might never trigger if you blitz through progress (i.e. you might never meet Nora if you skip to tier 2).

This is very useful thank you. By the way is there a quest tracker log? I feel lazy to find every girl and look at story progress. The interrogation mark on the corner is not super reliable...
There isn't a quest tracker per se, but there is a hints tooltip located on the bottom left that'll outline some quests. It's a bit finicky and only works on a very small subset of all the quests available right now.

Creating a walkthrough for each character may end up being a nightmare for me to do. Characters like Emily are fairly straightforward, but then you have other characters - such as Lily - that have long event chains and special triggers you need to hit

This game is perhaps the most complex in its quest design and overall storyline by design. Every character has a corresponding definition.py file and role.py file which sets up the quests and relationships for later use. There is a single or multiple .rpy files which makes calls to these functions to check whether a storyline is occuring or not.

Reactions: RandomFapinator

tlsmith1

Oct 7, 2018
Is there a command to change significant other name. When you change a relationship from single to girlfriend, it gives name of none.

Sep 21, 2019
Some quests require certain actions to be performed (i.e. breaking a taboo or purchasing something). Almost all quests have a love/sluttiness/obedience requirement, but I don't know the exact values off the top of my head.

I'll take a look later, although if you're feeling ambitious you can find the requirement for the triggers in each of the characters "definition.py" files in the "people" folder. Some quests might never trigger if you blitz through progress (i.e. you might never meet Nora if you skip to tier 2).

There isn't a quest tracker per se, but there is a hints tooltip located on the bottom left that'll outline some quests. It's a bit finicky and only works on a very small subset of all the quests available right now.

Creating a walkthrough for each character may end up being a nightmare for me to do. Characters like Emily are fairly straightforward, but then you have other characters - such as Lily - that have long event chains and special triggers you need to hit

This game is perhaps the most complex in its quest design and overall storyline by design. Every character has a corresponding definition.py file and role.py file which sets up the quests and relationships for later use. There is a single or multiple .rpy files which makes calls to these functions to check whether a storyline is occuring or not.
Maybe just a button that lets you see the list of unique character details (or those that become unique thanks to side quests triggering), close to the hint tooltip. That way you can also check story progress in two clicks. Basically, the same as "check staff" button, but for every unique character you have encountered.

• Red Heart
Reactions: slick97

Wattle

Jun 10, 2023
Is there a way I can add the business vest to outerwear? It's part of the outerwear category in the original Lab Rats 2. Is there a way to modify the clothes categories in general?

NCricket42

Aug 8, 2018
Is there a a full list of how to unlock the various new traits for the MC? Also, I've seen it mentioned that MC traits can go above 8. How do you manage that?

BIGJOB37

Feb 15, 2018

Thank you for replying. but i don't find 'people' folder in LabRats 2 Reformulate. where can i find it?

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes