4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

CoatiGer

Sep 26, 2020
But will she find anything? Or that deppends on my company stuff?
Her two employees will conduct the search. In the meantime you can interact with the city representative. If memory serves you can at least:
  • offer her a coffee
  • talk with her
  • bribe her
  • seduce her
  • intimidate her (?)
Your actions affect the penalty, which is typically money. To support your own actions, you should mix a suitable drug in her coffee ;)

Reactions: PlayerUwU

PlayerUwU

Jul 25, 2022
Her two employees will conduct the search. In the meantime you can interact with the city representative. If memory serves you can at least:
  • offer her a coffee
  • talk with her
  • bribe her
  • seduce her
  • intimidate her (?)
Your actions affect the penalty, which is typically money. To support your own actions, you should mix a suitable drug in her coffee ;)
thanks for all the info

VincentYamato

Feb 12, 2018
Is there a version with all the current mods that are being implemented? The link in the first page hasnt being updated in a while and im too dumb to try and mod the game on my own

CoatiGer

Sep 26, 2020
If I might suggest a cheat feature...

Get rid of some person, so it doesn't cloud up the game too much.
This has already been implemented, but you have to activate it. Here are all the configuration steps:
  1. go to your bed room
  2. click on MOD settings
  3. go to section Generic People Actions
  4. enable Remove from game
After that you should see a new option Remove from game under Special actions when talking to a generic woman.

Last edited:

CoatiGer

Sep 26, 2020
Is there a cheat code available to obtain a specific serum in some quantity x?
To generate a new serum from scratch by "cheats", you'll probably have to manipulate the source code. This is doable, but complicated (at least for me).
If you already own one (or more) of the desired serum and just want to have more of it, then there are cheats for the player inventory:

mc.inventory.serums_held[0][1] = 10 (this sets the amount of the first serum in your inventory to 10)
mc.inventory.serums_held[1][1] = 20 (this sets the amount of the second serum in your inventory to 20)
mc.inventory.serums_held[3][1] = 30 (this sets the amount of the third serum in your inventory to 30)

I hope you get the idea of the cheat. To verify the position of a serum within your inventory, you should start with mc.inventory.serums_held[0][1]. This should deliver the current amount of serum at the given position.

techguy00

May 3, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/end_of_day_ui.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/end_of_day_ui.rpy", line 46, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/end_of_day_ui.rpy", line 53, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/end_of_day_ui.rpy", line 58, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/end_of_day_ui.rpy", line 60, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/end_of_day_ui.rpy", line 61, in execute
NameError: Name 'Black' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 443, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 464, in script call
  File "game_loops/advance_time.rpyc", line 322, in script call
  File "game_loops/advance_time.rpyc", line 441, in script
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3347, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/end_of_day_ui.rpy", line 46, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/end_of_day_ui.rpy", line 53, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/end_of_day_ui.rpy", line 58, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/end_of_day_ui.rpy", line 60, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/end_of_day_ui.rpy", line 61, in execute
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1633, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute) # type: ignore
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1763, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute) # type: ignore
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value
  File "D:\Program Files\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.09-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 236, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'Black' is not defined.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business 2023.09
Thu Dec 21 14:26:08 2023
I was getting the above. With some testing I think the issue is when I named my hair dyes I put []s in them and this seems to break the end of day ui screen if you master them that day. If that is in fact the cause I recommend either fixing the issue or disabling ability to use []s (possibly other special characters too) in the names of traits.

Example trait name: "Organic Hair Chemicals [Black] 1" also as these can't be renamed or forgotten I need to recreate these without the []s and avoid the problematic ones. The ability to rename those traits like you can the serums would be great.

SwissCheese

Nov 3, 2018
I was getting the above. With some testing I think the issue is when I named my hair dyes I put []s in them and this seems to break the end of day ui screen if you master them that day. If that is in fact the cause I recommend either fixing the issue or disabling ability to use []s (possibly other special characters too) in the names of traits.

Example trait name: "Organic Hair Chemicals [Black] 1" also as these can't be renamed or forgotten I need to recreate these without the []s and avoid the problematic ones. The ability to rename those traits like you can the serums would be great.
Probably should avoid parentheses and both square and curly brackets. Hyphens should be fine

Apr 21, 2018
Is there a cheat code available to obtain a specific serum in some quantity x?
To add further, the game uses a serum design container for putting in all the serum traits, how you create a new serum is
A: create a new design object,
B. insert traits into design object,
C. use that design object as serum to add to your inventory

I wrote a lr2cheats.pyc file myself for quick and simple cheats and one of them was adding serums of my design
the file would look like:

Code:
init 9999 python:

def get_new_serum(count=100):
        new_serum = SerumDesign()
        new_serum.name = "New Serum"
        new_serum.add_trait(futuristic_serum_prod)
        new_serum.add_trait(mind_control_agent)
        new_serum.add_trait(breast_enhancement)
        new_serum.add_trait(happiness_tick)
        new_serum.add_trait(climax_enhancer)
        new_serum.add_trait(rolling_orgasm)
        new_serum.add_trait(fertility_suppression_trait)
        new_serum.add_trait(happiness_tick)
        new_serum.duration=50
        mc.inventory.change_serum(new_serum(), count)
And put it under the /game folder (though other folders shouldn't matter as long as it is inside /game). I simply start my game and open up the console, and type get_new_serum(50) to get 50 of that serum (the 50 is to override the 100, which is the default in the above example; simply calling get_new_serum() will give the mc 100 of that serum.
"new_serum.duration" simple changes the duration of the serum.

Incarnis

Aug 17, 2022
Question, if I tried to make basically this, but not this, a medical research/management game that was done in Unreal, full 3D, hundreds of sex animation sequences and unique sequences for unique characters... how many people would enjoy that and how many people would be furious??

I love this, but to me it's missing a visual aspect during sexual encounters. The catch would be that it would still be travelling between locations, the locations would be traversable in three dimensions though. Trying to go that far with renders would take decades to do in Renpy so it would have to be real time 3D.

Just throwing the idea out there at the moment, it wouldn't be soon, I'm already working on something else, but I could work on design and technical documentation in my spare time while I do that.

CoatiGer

Sep 26, 2020
How can you bestow a specific fetish upon a woman through console commands without nanobot usage?
I have a mixed solution for you:
  1. use the console to bring her in trance (the_person.suggestibility = xxx)
  2. the approach her ingame (no console) and use the option take advantage of her trance
  3. train her and apply your desired fetish

shooter682

Feb 28, 2019
I have a mixed solution for you:
  1. use the console to bring her in trance (the_person.suggestibility = xxx)
  2. the approach her ingame (no console) and use the option take advantage of her trance
  3. train her and apply your desired fetish
Also have the precurser traits in place like.

1. Breeding fettsh loves creampies and bareback sex
2. Cumword needs to be submissive and in a trance

so you can use the above solution.

Reactions: CoatiGer

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
how many people would enjoy that and how many people would be furious?
Never let opinion of others stop you from doing something you want. Within limits, that is, because the judge may not feel as strongly about the necessity of some things, anyway.

Also, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Just go for it, nobody will be hurt by variety.

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
Question, if I tried to make basically this, but not this, a medical research/management game that was done in Unreal, full 3D, hundreds of sex animation sequences and unique sequences for unique characters... how many people would enjoy that and how many people would be furious??

I love this, but to me it's missing a visual aspect during sexual encounters. The catch would be that it would still be travelling between locations, the locations would be traversable in three dimensions though. Trying to go that far with renders would take decades to do in Renpy so it would have to be real time 3D.

Just throwing the idea out there at the moment, it wouldn't be soon, I'm already working on something else, but I could work on design and technical documentation in my spare time while I do that.
Why would anyone be furious about it? Because you copied the idea? It feels like 90% of adult games are just copy & paste of situations, story elements, ideas or designs from other games so it's not like it's a rare occurrence.

I'm sure some people would comment on it though, and how many, and how negatively, would depend on just how blatant you'd be in your "borrowing", it's fully possible doing something similar without just copying how the serums work.

As this is one of my favorite adult games, I'd certainly welcome more games like this, regardless of how obvious they are about copying the ideas of this one.

Reactions: hawkloner

Incarnis

Aug 17, 2022
Why would anyone be furious about it? Because you copied the idea? It feels like 90% of adult games are just copy & paste of situations, story elements, ideas or designs from other games so it's not like it's a rare occurrence.

I'm sure some people would comment on it though, and how many, and how negatively, would depend on just how blatant you'd be in your "borrowing", it's fully possible doing something similar without just copying how the serums work.

As this is one of my favorite adult games, I'd certainly welcome more games like this, regardless of how obvious they are about copying the ideas of this one.
My idea might be a bit more expansive with the management and a bit less painfully repetitive with the dating sim aspect, replacing a lot of the repetition with choice trees leading to gameplay elements like minigames, mixing in very occasionally things like fetch quests. I want to have you managing essentially three completely separate businesses, the public pharma front, illicit drug import and manufacturing, and illegal gene editing/splicing with a bit of cloning mixed in. You'd have to manage keeping both illegal aspects of the business hidden in a somewhat proactive way early on, until you can amass power through bribes and placing plants in government and law enforcement.

I hope that idea, and that the different appearances could be more varied because of using morphs, various skins, decals and metahuman hair, along with real time animation would be enough to set it apart but I'm just more interested in how much interest this sort of project would have.

Right now I'm just working on a more traditional VN but my roots are from game development.

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes