4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Doneitall

Jun 1, 2023
I am just a casual lurker, It was a coincidence that I had just quick fixed that cheat trait mod like 15min before Slick's post for my own personal use so I uploaded it. Definitely not looking to get into the modding scene or anything. If there is something I am using that is broken and the creator of the work says it's cool to post a fix then I will do so gladly. Sorry though, didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up with some huge contributions from me.

Reactions: slick97

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I am just a casual lurker, It was a coincidence that I had just quick fixed that cheat trait mod like 15min before Slick's post for my own personal use so I uploaded it. Definitely not looking to get into the modding scene or anything. If there is something I am using that is broken and the creator of the work says it's cool to post a fix then I will do so gladly. Sorry though, didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up with some huge contributions from me.
No worries! The original mod by Tristim/Starbuck includes a complex method for adding serum traits into the "list_of_traits" dict without modifying the base script (at least from what I understand). The primary issue is that I don't understand nearly enough about Python (and Ren'Py) to be able to create my own self contained mod that doesn't alter core files.

What I can fix in the moment is converting all of the cheated traits over into a .py file to conform with Tristim's refactoring that he's been doing for the past couple of months. This should future-proof the cheat traits (aside from providing a modified script.rpy file) for future updates.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

*Edit: Everyone has blanket permission to use/modify my code and uploading it here. You're not required to credit me if you don't want to*

Reactions: Tavern

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
You can enable NTR scenes via the "MOD Settings" while in MC's bedroom. The only thing that isn't possible (as far as I know...) is the ability for girls to get pregnant from someone other than the MC (which could be a unique addition for employees that have significant others).
They can start out as pregnant though. Hired a new employee that was already pregnant from her husband.

Baudler

Nov 22, 2021
Here's a link to a post discussing how large of a scope that is. Vren was breaking new grounds in building his own engine within Ren'Py to quickly add new characters to the game without having to pose/render them every single time. You can probably get away with some fancy layering techniques since Ren'Py is technically a 2-D engine (the third dimension is just the current "layer" you're on), but that would still require rendering the same outfit for every variation of height, weight, breast size, and pose (this number is not even close to feasible).
Wouldn't it make more sense to integrate whatever widget Free Cities are using for 3d models into it than keep using 2d ?

It seems fairly capable, even though the usage in FC isn't the greatest.

Clutchfrog

Jan 3, 2021
Here's an updated version of your current CheatTraits mod. No idea when they're going to change the rest of the stuffis but this one was easy enough to fix and I have tested that it works. Cheers!

EDIT: To confirm I have tested on the current version released as of today 12/28/2023, no idea after today.
where do we install this mod??

CoatiGer

Sep 26, 2020
Can you find the command to increase mc's lust? I tried mc.lust = 1000; but that didn't work.
Not a command, but a solution:
the builtin cheat menu already has the option for manipulation of the variable lust. Given the place where you open the menu, you'll have to click your ingame forename and find the variable Lust within Main Stats.

mrme654321

Jan 4, 2019
Does anyone know when the next non beta update is planned on being released?

P.s. I love this game and want to play more of the story, they have done great thing since Vren keep up the good work

Reactions: Kajoq

Hfjahxhcjr

Mar 29, 2023
I'm not sure what you mean. I already used a command to increase clarity to the millions. But the lust usually is always fluctuating because it is slow to gain but quick to deplete (when I cum). I don't know what you mean by 151. I was just looking for a quick command to increase lust to 1,000 temporarily. But since I didn't know the command, I spent a few minutes flirting with females on the phone and asking for nudes.
I don't think clarity and locked_clarity are the same. If you use mc.locked_clarity = 1000 or something, you likely change what you consider to be called lust. The 151 was just a short explaination on how i found the variable name, but it doesn't matter for your situation.

Reactions: slick97

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018

P.s. I love this game and want to play more of the story, they have done great thing since Vren keep up the good work
The next story bit are up for bughunter, mostly for Mom and Kaya, then we gonna prolly have some bit of code cleanup before next AIO. I'm not sure if the new graphics will be done by then either.

Reactions: cgleco and Kajoq

imbigv

May 12, 2020
Never play the original, and I fall in love with is game
The best game I play on this forum
Really appreciate the modder's hard works!

1lonegamer

Apr 30, 2017

Have you tried the beta? Doing the GitHub Ren'Py Developer thing for the beta might seem a little intimidating, it really isn't hard, and once you have it working it takes two commands to update. Using Git Bash is way faster than downloading the whole thing over for every change. I was afraid to try it but I am hooked now. I wish all games updated this way. The instruction on the OP Beta Version Tab work.

forgotp

Nov 4, 2019
Have you tried the beta? Doing the GitHub Ren'Py Developer thing for the beta might seem a little intimidating, it really isn't hard, and once you have it working it takes two commands to update. Using Git Bash is way faster than downloading the whole thing over for every change. I was afraid to try it but I am hooked now. I wish all games updated this way. The instruction on the OP Beta Version Tab work.
fiiiiiiine I'll bite

forgotp

Nov 4, 2019
alright I cloned it an everything but can't understand how to actually start the game with the SDK help

Nvm I found it from Discord:
Tristimdorion
The renpy sdk has an 'exe' file run this, it will open the interface, bottom right click 'preferences', and set your 'projects directory' to the folder where you have the folder that contains the clone folder, close preferences and refresh project list, Lab Rats 2 should be available as project, select it and press 'Launch Project'

Last edited:

guims

Jan 20, 2019
Hello everybody.

I discovered this game few days ago and have to admit I really enjoy it. Beside the lust part, it's actually a fun game to play.

Thanks to the actual devs who keep it alive as far as I understand the backstory.
Another thing being how it is apparently some kind of pain in the ass to do so.

I always had respect for modders and people who add content and keep old or abandonned games alive (ref Stalker Anomaly as instance)

No ass licking, I' geniunly thanking you guys.

So the other reason I'm here is, at first I was not posting and asking on the proper topic. (original game)
People led me here. Introducing myself and asking:

If I get it right the IT projects system and Ellie are exclusive to this version right?
could I have a bit of details about green and pink color please? (in Ellie's "review IT projects" menu, where you can switch colors of a known ptoject)
If the game told me how it works, I missed it...

Is it related to the same colors of serums?
How does this affect my designs?

Reactions: AXELXX

LickeyDs

Nov 2, 2017
A problem with Alexia and the company model photoshoot for the 2023.09 version.
When I first made her the company model, she was the only person in the Marketing Division. I was unable to actually do any photoshoot nor remove her as the company model.
After I hired another person for Marketing, I managed to change the company model from Alexia to the new girl by using the "Move her to a new division" option on Alexia.
However, now I can't even do the photoshoots with the new girl. The option is greyed out, saying "Advertisement is still running." This didn't change even after a week of in-game time.
Is this totally bugged out on this version or is there a workaround? And if the bug is fixed in the next update, will the save files be compatible or would I have to start a new game?
I don't have the save before I made Alexia the company model for the first time, sadly.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hello everybody.

I discovered this game few days ago and have to admit I really enjoy it. Beside the lust part, it's actually a fun game to play.

Thanks to the actual devs who keep it alive as far as I understand the backstory.
Another thing being how it is apparently some kind of pain in the ass to do so.

I always had respect for modders and people who add content and keep old or abandonned games alive (ref Stalker Anomaly as instance)

No ass licking, I' geniunly thanking you guys.

So the other reason I'm here is, at first I was not posting and asking on the proper topic. (original game)
People led me here. Introducing myself and asking:

If I get it right the IT projects system and Ellie are exclusive to this version right?
could I have a bit of details about green and pink color please? (in Ellie's "review IT projects" menu, where you can switch colors of a known ptoject)
If the game told me how it works, I missed it...

Is it related to the same colors of serums?
How does this affect my designs?
On Op (opening post) there is a link to the discord of the reformulate game where you can also ask questions and download the current in development versions and a few mods. Unfortunately can not answer your question since never noticed the different colours myself when playing. As far as remember can unlock them all though one or two might be work in progress.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
A problem with Alexia and the company model photoshoot for the 2023.09 version.
When I first made her the company model, she was the only person in the Marketing Division. I was unable to actually do any photoshoot nor remove her as the company model.
After I hired another person for Marketing, I managed to change the company model from Alexia to the new girl by using the "Move her to a new division" option on Alexia.
However, now I can't even do the photoshoots with the new girl. The option is greyed out, saying "Advertisement is still running." This didn't change even after a week of in-game time.
Is this totally bugged out on this version or is there a workaround? And if the bug is fixed in the next update, will the save files be compatible or would I have to start a new game?
I don't have the save before I made Alexia the company model for the first time, sadly.
For definitive answers ask on discord, you did take photos with sexual uptions with Alexis already with advertizing option after? If not it will be bugged, since as far as I know in latest version only Alexia can open that route. If did take the photo's with advertizing after with her, look if when talk to her still have option to fire her as company model. If so do that. (third column when talk to a girl)

If not you likely bugged yourself out and save games rarely are compatible over versions and considering the amount of streamlining of code that is taking place according to an earlier posting, pretty sure will not be with next version or current in development versions can find on discord.

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes