alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Having trouble with the initial tier 0 to tier 1 brekthrough. I've designed a serum with a suggestibility enhancer like she asks for and when I give it to her she tells me it isn't going to work. I'm not fully up to date since the modded version hasn't been updated to 0.48.1, I'm on 0.46.1 with the mod preinstalled, and I am coming from a significantly older version, so there were many changes. Could the actual requirement be something more specific than what it used to be in 0.32 or am I just running into something wrong that got fixed later and just need to restart at a later date when the modded version is updated?

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
46 the intro was working fine.. what did you make exactly?
Just should need primitive production and the 1st suggestibility mod, make it, .. dont let her test it.. grab it from the production stockpile, then choose the convo option.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
46 the intro was working fine.. what did you make exactly?
Just should need primitive production and the 1st suggestibility mod, make it, .. dont let her test it.. grab it from the production stockpile, then choose the convo option.
I tried both high concentration and suggestion drugs combined with the primitive production, the basic medical application on the one with the suggestion drugs, and a high capacity upgrade on the one with the suggestion drugs.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
yea dont go too complex.. just primitive and suggestion drugs. make that. .and have it in the player inventory.
that should get you to the next step.\
what does she say? and/or what does the chat option say in the screen/mouseover?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
yea dont go too complex.. just primitive and suggestion drugs. make that. .and have it in the player inventory.
that should get you to the next step.\
what does she say? and/or what does the chat option say in the screen/mouseover?
Primitive production and suggestion drugs only, she still tells me it isn't going to work. The only options I have are to run the experiment now or later and there is nothing upon mouse over. If I do it now, she says it won't work, but it just cancels the experiment entirely if I say to run it later.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Yea.. my own files are still 44.. . i dont think anything changed that would cause that.. 46's change log didnt intrest me to update, nor did 48 so far.. but il wait for 48's mod files.. anyway..
this post is since 46... and mentions that she cant under any other influences at the time.. if you manually gave her something.. and its "stacking" the effect.. then it fails some internal check... so.. ensure that first.

https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-48-1-vren.7260/post-7130520

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yea.. my own files are still 44.. . i dont think anything changed that would cause that.. 46's change log didnt intrest me to update, nor did 48 so far.. but il wait for 48's mod files.. anyway..
this post is since 46... and mentions that she cant under any other influences at the time.. if you manually gave her something.. and its "stacking" the effect.. then it fails some internal check... so.. ensure that first.

https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-48-1-vren.7260/post-7130520
She does have a trance active, I wonder if those count. She isn't under a drug effect since the only ones I've distributed so far are a basic medical drug for profit and that's only going from production to marketing, I'm not giving it myself.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
She does have a trance active, I wonder if those count. She isn't under a drug effect since the only ones I've distributed so far are a basic medical drug for profit and that's only going from production to marketing, I'm not giving it myself.
Also if added suggestibility to her by mod set it back at 0 before giving her the serum or she will not see it as increase of her suggestibility.

Reactions: dalzomo and coretex

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Also if added suggestibility to her by mod set it back at 0 before giving her the serum or she will not see it as increase of her suggestibility.
A hah! Now that is something I did do and didn't think it would effectively halt progression seeing as it didn't before. I regularly immediately cheat any named girl, including random generated ones, so that everyone is maxed from the start and it didn't do this in my previous playthrough. I could always just cheat the tier to 1 with the mod, too, but I would rather not since that did give me the feeling something would break, unlike raising suggestibility. I did try reducing it before, but not to 0.

EDIT: That did it

Reactions: coretex

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
A hah! Now that is something I did do and didn't think it would effectively halt progression seeing as it didn't before. I regularly immediately cheat any named girl, including random generated ones, so that everyone is maxed from the start and it didn't do this in my previous playthrough. I could always just cheat the tier to 1 with the mod, too, but I would rather not since that did give me the feeling something would break, unlike raising suggestibility. I did try reducing it before, but not to 0.

EDIT: That did it
Yep, when you do to much of a cheat it ruins the game and interferes.
Which is why I don't use the main mod and just use my own. Also I don't have to wait for them to update.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yep, when you do to much of a cheat it ruins the game and interferes.
Which is why I don't use the main mod and just use my own. Also I don't have to wait for them to update.
That's just plain annoying to say the least. I would use something else entirely if I could, but some of the extra content in the main mod is ONLY in the main mod.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
imma be that guy, is there a way to cheat
Yes. But I guess that depends on what you mean by cheat.
There are two mods
Plus a console you can use to modify stuff with. Don't ask me how never used it.
The primary mod doesn't work at present with the current game. It needs to be updated.
My mod is also on that forum. It is up to date.

Algalon

Jun 12, 2017
Having trouble with the initial tier 0 to tier 1 brekthrough. I've designed a serum with a suggestibility enhancer like she asks for and when I give it to her she tells me it isn't going to work. I'm not fully up to date since the modded version hasn't been updated to 0.48.1, I'm on 0.46.1 with the mod preinstalled, and I am coming from a significantly older version, so there were many changes. Could the actual requirement be something more specific than what it used to be in 0.32 or am I just running into something wrong that got fixed later and just need to restart at a later date when the modded version is updated?
Research suggestion, make a primitive serum using suggestion. Research that one and when finished choose the right option "stockpile serum option". Then go to production and stockpile, take serum and finally talk to Steph about serum progression.
Works both in 0.46 modded and 0.48

Curium255

Dec 5, 2019
"convince Mom to take shirtless InstaPic shots", how to do that? no such option when i'm talking to Mom
I don't know all the details, but get Sis to the point where she is making money (I have no idea if it is through buying high level pics on InstaPic or just testing potions will be enough) so she contributes to the family, then on Saturday when Mom asks for help with the bills she will ask if you know where Sis is getting the money. At first she will talk about doing normal pics with Sis, but that should get you started. There may be more triggers, but telling her about InstaPic is one of the options (probably if you have the convince mom quest).

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
Tristimdorian posted a standalone file to nix the custom fonts in the mod thread long, long ago. It works with the vanilla game and I still use it
I'm very sorry, but can you link me to the original post, or send me that file? I can't really find it (or I saw it but didn't know) so I'd be very grateful if you can help me on that...

Reactions: Mishun
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes