MASK

Mar 15, 2017
also RE: recruiting your daughter(s) or phantom siblings via the daughter recruit crisis event:
a lot of times these characters tend to be janky/broken in that sometimes they don't have a proper place to live--either they dont have a home of their own at all (doesn't appear even after you take them home from a date for sex), or their 'visit' tab entry when you take them back to their place after a date is marked as their parent's room (your mother's in the case of phantom sibling, cousin's room if you used the console to age-up your cousin to the daughter-recruitable range, etc) that is perpetually empty, so you cannot interact with them in the early mornings or late evenings.

oddly, even if your mother is in her room in a given timeslot (making the phantom sibling's visit tab seem like someone is in) clicking the visit section to go to your phantom sibling's room will go to an empty room, despite the game saying that someone is there.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
also RE: recruiting your daughter(s) or phantom siblings via the daughter recruit crisis event:
a lot of times these characters tend to be janky/broken in that sometimes they don't have a proper place to live--either they dont have a home of their own at all (doesn't appear even after you take them home from a date for sex), or their 'visit' tab entry when you take them back to their place after a date is marked as their parent's room (your mother's in the case of phantom sibling, cousin's room if you used the console to age-up your cousin to the daughter-recruitable range, etc) that is perpetually empty, so you cannot interact with them in the early mornings or late evenings.

oddly, even if your mother is in her room in a given timeslot (making the phantom sibling's visit tab seem like someone is in) clicking the visit section to go to your phantom sibling's room will go to an empty room, despite the game saying that someone is there.
What's so weird about taking your previously unknown sister home and having a 3 way with herself? :LOL:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gojii

MASK

Mar 15, 2017
What's so weird about taking your previously unknown sister home and having a 3 way with herself? :LOL:
see that's the thing: you cant! she doesn't exist outside of work hours or town-wandering hours, so actually grabbing her to try anything isn't really a thing

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
see that's the thing: you cant! she doesn't exist outside of work hours or town-wandering hours, so actually grabbing her to try anything isn't really a thing
So what you are saying is I need to make a patch where when my mom asks that and I agree to hire my sister it clones my sister so that I have 2 of them. Got it. Should be do able. ROFL.

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
The grind is real with every new update, even to change anything with save editor is a real pain in the ass because there are so many characters & stats...the devs should make inbuilt cheat to reduce the grind or make the game fun. The game is great but the grind makes it less fun.
It's not bad tbh, I started a new game on 49.2
Guess it depends on what your goal is. Fuck Steph with your starting serums to get started on clarity, hire your first crew, do Nora quests for a quick boost in money and you're "set."

Reactions: Steven Ethan

MASK

Mar 15, 2017
So what you are saying is I need to make a patch where when my mom asks that and I agree to hire my sister it clones my sister so that I have 2 of them. Got it. Should be do able. ROFL.
far as i know, threesomes arent in the base game (you'd need the mod for threesome functionality), and the mod already has a sanity-check in place to prevent the whole "recruit your children or relatives' later/additional children" going by their github threads, which cuts this whole angle off at the pass really.

• Thinking Face

Draculesti

May 20, 2019
I think the greatest problem the game has at this point is, that i needs a refactoring. But at this point i am not sure that vren has the vision to how it should look like at the end.
If he had a development plan, user storys and so on a refactoring could be started. But if he don't have it, every refactoring could be in vain with the next update. So the only thing he can do is to make it more modular and restructure how and from who he is calling functions and to make sure that are not two functions in place that do the same stuff but for different purposes.
And as ever it has to few content beside the mechanics ... but i accept that with some of the changings yet more content would only mean more problems for the future development. *sigh*

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
far as i know, threesomes arent in the base game (you'd need the mod for threesome functionality), and the mod already has a sanity-check in place to prevent the whole "recruit your children or relatives' later/additional children" going by their github threads, which cuts this whole angle off at the pass really.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mod-diconica.108097/
I don't recall putting a sanity check in my mod to prevent me from recruiting family.
The base game 49.2 makes that possible.

MASK

Mar 15, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mod-diconica.108097/
I don't recall putting a sanity check in my mod to prevent me from recruiting family.
The base game 49.2 makes that possible.
i could swear a couple weeks ago i saw a thread/change on the github about making it so you cant recruit your kids from age-appropriate-for-the-recruit-crisis women--which admittedly is only partially related to your mom being a candidate for the event (since your character doesnt count on her child count, much like your kids dont exist on other women's when the event fires, just the woman's age and her children counter).

then again you're the mod author, and since my history's been cleared since then and i can't track that down again, i may just have the brainworms!

also the lack of easy threesome access for the phantom sibling is due to wonky housing generation for the phantom sibling (it jsut makes a room in the visit tab marked as your mother's room, which just checks your mother's room and the phantom sibling doesn't occupy) making it hard/impossible to find the phantom outside of work hours/weekdays for the usual 'follow me'->initiate threesome process, which presumably your mod could address.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
i could swear a couple weeks ago i saw a thread/change on the github about making it so you cant recruit your kids from age-appropriate-for-the-recruit-crisis women--which admittedly is only partially related to your mom being a candidate for the event (since your character doesn't count on her child count, much like your kids dont exist on other women's when the event fires, just the woman's age and her children counter).

then again you're the mod author, and since my history's been cleared since then and i can't track that down again, i may just have the brainworms!

also the lack of easy threesome access for the phantom sibling is due to wonky housing generation for the phantom sibling (it jsut makes a room in the visit tab marked as your mother's room, which just checks your mother's room and the phantom sibling doesn't occupy) making it hard/impossible to find the phantom outside of work hours/weekdays for the usual 'follow me'->initiate threesome process, which presumably your mod could address.
There are two mods. I'm the author of one.
You might be right in reference to the other mod.

I was making a point of that by pointing to my mod page.
There is nothing stopping anyone who has an inclination to make a change from doing so other than their own skills.

Frankly, the issue with the siblings could be handled easy enough. Make them full fledged characters. They could always share a room. Your sister shared a room with your cousin in the game so why not two sisters in the same room.

If they really have that big of issue. It would be simple enough to check if it is your mom and instead of making another character it simply changes the sisters schedule and she comes to work and stops school. Or should go to school the first half the day and work for you from afternoon to night. Or any other schedule.

There is so much that could be done if we just fixed the underlying frame work of this game.

I have my own project I'm working on for money. But in my spare time I am writing a demo for testing to convert this games base system.

Reactions: Right_Raven

silverz888

Jun 3, 2019
can i know is there any code that can make people ask for family recruit even more? like recruiting mother or daughters

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes