dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
BUG REPORT

I think I found a bug in the game.

Even if you set the serum for a department (doesn't matter all depertments of a single department), the employees do not take the set serum.
Attached is a save showcasing that.

Yes I did cheat clariy and money. Everything is as base.
The way the Daily Serum Dosage serum business policy works now is it unlocks a new Duty which can be assigned to an employee with Set Her Work Duties. If she's not full on duties choose Daily Serum Dose from the list on the left, Add Duty, and then Return. That will cause her to begin taking her department's assigned daily serum every Morning. If the employee is already full on assigned duties, choose one (or more) that you want to remove, choose Remove Duty and then Return and that will flag those duties to be removed at day change. The next day you can assign new Duties, and if Daily Serum Dose is one of them she'll begin taking her dose on the *next* workday after that

I did load your save and that appears to be what's going on in your game. When I assigned the Daily Serum Dose duty to a few of your employees they began taking their dose of "office1" the next day

Reactions: Ulaered

Ulaered

Aug 15, 2016
The way the Daily Serum Dosage serum business policy works now is it unlocks a new Duty which can be assigned to an employee with Set Her Work Duties. If she's not full on duties choose Daily Serum Dose from the list on the left, Add Duty, and then Return. That will cause her to begin taking her department's assigned daily serum every Morning. If the employee is already full on assigned duties, choose one (or more) that you want to remove, choose Remove Duty and then Return and that will flag those duties to be removed at day change. The next day you can assign new Duties, and if Daily Serum Dose is one of them she'll begin taking her dose on the *next* workday after that

I did load your save and that appears to be what's going on in your game. When I assigned the Daily Serum Dose duty to a few of your employees they began taking their dose of "office1" the next day

Thank you very much for your help.
So i need to have both daily dose and unpaid testing if I want them to take the doses
Thanks.

Reactions: dalzomo

Mcthoy

Oct 3, 2017
age = renpy.random.randint(18,50) <-- NO LONGER WORKS - Not sure how to easily edit this with the new policies changing age.

Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc\game\major_game_classes\character_related

_initial_age_floor = 18
_initial_age_ceiling = 50
_final_age_floor = 18
_final_age_ceiling = 60
_teen_age_ceiling = 19
_old_age_floor = 40

WillAnderson

Feb 25, 2020
Any chance that the phone logs could be trimmed to a certain length backwards? On my anemic old system, texting girls I have long chat histories with actually slows down the game pretty significantly and it's very annoying. There's essentially no reason to keep more than MAYBE the last two convos or... say eight lines, regardless.

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Anyone interested in having the chance to ask Vren directly about his plans for the game, he finally decided to visit our Mod Community Discord, and he will be present there regularly in the future.
dalzomo: No, this does not mean that I am trying to convince members of YOUR community to join the mod community.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalzomo

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Anyone interested in having the chance to ask Vren directly about his plans for the game, he finally decided to visit our Mod Community Discord, and he will be present there regularly in the future.
dalzomo: No, this does not mean that I am trying to convince members of YOUR community to join the mod community.
Careful, or everyone's going to figure out we're fucking

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
age = renpy.random.randint(18,50) <-- NO LONGER WORKS - Not sure how to easily edit this with the new policies changing age.

Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc\game\major_game_classes\character_related

_initial_age_floor = 18
_initial_age_ceiling = 50
_final_age_floor = 18
_final_age_ceiling = 60
_teen_age_ceiling = 19
_old_age_floor = 40
Yeah but the issue is what happens if/when you activate policies...? When i fiddled with it in the past it messed everything up. So right now its easier to just cheat some money and set up the policy you want (imho).

Oct 14, 2020
Any chance that the phone logs could be trimmed to a certain length backwards? On my anemic old system, texting girls I have long chat histories with actually slows down the game pretty significantly and it's very annoying. There's essentially no reason to keep more than MAYBE the last two convos or... say eight lines, regardless.
Cannot say I have tested this, but something like replacing:

Code:
    def add_message(self, the_person, history_entry):
            self.register_number(the_person) #In theory every person that gets to this point is already registered when the conversation started, but this catches crashes.
            self.message_history[the_person].append(history_entry)
with:

Code:
            self.register_number(the_person) #In theory every person that gets to this point is already registered when the conversation started, but this catches crashes.
            if len(self.message_history[the_person]) > 12:
                    del self.message_history[the_person][:-12]
in TextMessageManager.rpy, line 13 might work

Reactions: deviantfiend999

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
Cannot say I have tested this, but something like replacing:

Code:
with:

Code:
            if len(self.message_history[the_person]) > 12:
                    del self.message_history[the_person][:-12]
in TextMessageManager.rpy, line 13 might work
The Unofficial Bugfix has this feature included, albeit a bit differently than your solution. Here's the code:

Code:
        def add_message(self, person, history_entry):
            self.register_number(person)
            self.message_history[person.identifier].append(history_entry)
            # auto delete old messages
            while len(self.message_history[person.identifier]) > 15:
                del self.message_history[person.identifier][0]

Redaddict

Nov 5, 2019
Hi, i would like to change the serum stats (like how many turns duration etc...) do you know how to do it ? in the common files maybe ?

Luthfi42

Aug 6, 2017
I want to trigger the city hall event that visits the company (Mrs. Bergstrom) but my employee got an accident and got a bunch of serum traits that I didn't want to, is there a way to erase it using a console

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
Thought: would 'Live2d' be better or worse that the current render pictures, do you think?
As far as I can tell, it's going to improve the current renders. Seems like Vren wants the 2d renders to move like a 3d model with animations

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes