4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

Ryder-Wilson

Aug 29, 2017
He told her he'd be gone for 2 weeks then 2 weeks later she asks when he'll be back he said I don't know.

That, right there, would have been the cut off point for me too.

They had plans as a couple and he gave her up to go run a pub for a guy he didn't know and shit all over the life they had.

Neither of them are ready for a relationship. She may have ghosted him but he shit on her first. She can't be expected to put her life on hold when she already had it all planned out that was unfair of him. They should have broke it off when he left.
Honestly, exist something called "dialogue" and "comprehension" but for the GF apparently not. She is selfish and immature and the MC just help Max because he is sick and probably will die in one of the episodes(or in the last episodes who know). I think that the MC seems just a normal person who try to help that's all. Hope that they can officially break up in later episodes(or at least that the player has the option to do that).

Ryder-Wilson

Aug 29, 2017
Finally got around to playing this, and completely LOVE Morgan. If I can have her than not really worried about the rest (tho I wouldn't say no to a crack at Annie). However, I tried going thru the thread until I gave up around page 9, so I don't know if anyone else mentioned it yet. Has anyone noticed that the phone number Morgan gave MC is wrong? (Ok...granted...her name isn't Jenny...)
Or the Kelly weird glance in the last dialogue with her. Drama incoming by every npc

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Honestly, exist something called "dialogue" and "comprehension" but for the GF apparently not. She is selfish and immature and the MC just help Max because he is sick and probably will die in one of the episodes(or in the last episodes who know). I think that the MC seems just a normal person who try to help that's all. Hope that they can officially break up in later episodes(or at least that the player has the option to do that).
She told him before he left they were graduating soon and they had their life planned out.

He left her to go see a guy he didn't know and told her he'd be gone for 2 weeks. 2 weeks later she asked him when he was coming back and he said he didn't know.

She's trying to get through her education and set herself up for her future career, a very fucking important part of her life. He ditched her with no idea when he was coming back after already missing his graduation and being behind in his education.

Neither of them handled it well but he can't expect her to put her life on hold when he doesn't know what he's doing. He should have broke it off with her.

Both of them are in the wrong. He's just as bad as she is.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The difference is that he is trying to fix it, she is ghosting him.
All i'll say from a girls perspective in this scenario is the second he told her he didn't know when he'd be back after saying he'd only be gone for 2 weeks with how important things were for them both is the second some of us would have dumped him.

There are girls that would have been that pissed off they didn't want to have anything to do with him so ghosted him.

I appreciate you guys only seeing one perspective but he left her behind when things were most important for their future both together and in their careers. It's a very important part of their lives which she couldn't put on hold while he has no idea what he's doing.

How was he trying to fix it?

He has no idea how long he's going to be gone and merely wanting to be with her fixes nothing.

We can argue this until the crows roost but it's not going to change anyones opinion. I think he's just as bad as she is and nothing is budging that.

From my perspective if I was in her place. I'd no longer be with the person that left. I don't think i'd ghost them but i'd deff have dumped them.

Expecting her to wait for him when he doesn't know what he's doing is just as selfish as her not giving him closure. Both of them are clueless.

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
Expecting her to wait for him when he doesn't know what he's doing is just as selfish as her not giving him closure. Both of them are clueless.
I think no one apart from the mc expected her to wait for him, the problems people have with her is this ghosting shit and all the ambiguity.
You said you'd have dumped him and that's the correct thing to do in that situation if you don't want to wait for him.
But she didn't do that, in fact she didn't do anything at all in that regard and bercause of that (at least in my understanding of things) they are "officially" still toghether because neither of them dumped the other

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
Well he is trying to get in touch with her so they can talk about it and maybe come up with a solution. Maybe the solution would be to break up and that´s ok. I am not arguing that the MC is a saint and did nothing wrong but as I said, the difference for me is that he is trying to do something about while she is not.
Is it worse to ghost someone or to not come home after two weeks as agreed on before?

In the end it doesn't matter, because I just see another couple which stopped to communicate properly with each other at some point and one side making decisions effecting both sides without agreeing together on it. MC does as much wrong as the GF, since both can't agree on the priorities in their life (family vs. education) and chosing their own priority over the others one. They couldn't figure something out working for both sides which lead to a relationship without any foundation since each part lives their own life at the moment. Just seems they did miss the point to end their relationship, because they aren't pursue a common goal together anymore.

On the other side there is so much left in the dark we don't know about the MC and the GF yet - for obvious dramatic reasons - that could lead to other reasons for each sides actions in future updates.

Since the game is played from the perspective of the MC I see why more people think the GF is to blame more for their problems, but personally I think its even. Exited to see where the dev is going to with this aspect of the story in the future.

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
I, for one, wish that we can send an email where the MC breaks up with the girlfriend, so that we can avoid unnecessary discussions like this in the future.

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
One suggestion for Dev don't waste time on making animations of characters casually walking and showing up it takes up unnecessary time and doesn't have much of a impact on narration nor on perception. Also can someone tell me what's the schedule of updates? I tried this game and it's pretty good, will look forward to it.

Reactions: Ayhsel

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
I'm not trying to make anyone think or feel as I do, nor was I wanting anything changed within the story, what makes many of these games unique is you Are being forced into choices you personally wouldn't make. I'm just sharing my thoughts on the scenario, I'd rather be told off in a huge insulting letter or even receive a "FU, we're done" than be ignored, hell at this point she's ignored him for so long he should just ASSuME she's done with him and do whatever he wants, if she won't tell him they're done He should tell her.

Right in this moment in the story past is past, he's Still trying, she's hasn't been trying since the 2 week talk, if she needed time to sort her feelings Again, communicate that !

Peace, love & happy fapping my peeps, stay Corona-free >;D

Jun 4, 2017
We can argue this until the crows roost but it's not going to change anyones opinion. I think he's just as bad as she is and nothing is budging that.
Thing is, I don't think you're actually engaging with what those who don't think he's as bad as she is are arguing.

All i'll say from a girls perspective in this scenario is the second he told her he didn't know when he'd be back after saying he'd only be gone for 2 weeks with how important things were for them both is the second some of us would have dumped him.

There are girls that would have been that pissed off they didn't want to have anything to do with him so ghosted him.

I appreciate you guys only seeing one perspective but he left her behind when things were most important for their future both together and in their careers. It's a very important part of their lives which she couldn't put on hold while he has no idea what he's doing. . . .

Expecting her to wait for him when he doesn't know what he's doing is just as selfish as her not giving him closure.
There are a number of us, at least, who are in complete agreement with you here. It's not a matter of "only seeing one perspective." The MC doesn't honor his commitments to his girlfriend, and he makes it worse by making a promise to her and then breaking it. I was raised to believe that a major difference between boys and men is men keep their word, and he doesn't. He deserves to get dumped for that, and I'm not sure anyone really disagrees.

However. There is a meaningful difference in their motivations here which has to be given due weight. For all that the MC screws up, he's motivated by compassion. He's trying to love his uncle well because he's family; in the process he fails to love his girlfriend well, but however badly he botches it, he's still making some effort. Yeah, he's clueless, and he has some growing up to do--and which of us doesn't at ~22?--but there's some good there, too.

Fiona, through all we've seen so far, isn't clueless, she's selfish. We don't have any indication that she sees the MC as an equal who must be respected and treated seriously--those who're convinced he's the beta to end all betas (bettas?) do have some evidence here; what we see is not her planning their life with him but her planning their life for him. The shock and betrayal with which she responds to his intent to leave East Lansing seem to me to be more "You're not allowed to do this!" than "I'm going to miss you!"

(And by the way, one caveat: far too much is being made of the effect of this on his academic future. A large swath of my family are Spartans, including a couple who went on to earn Ph.D.s; MSU is a solid school, but we're not talking Harvard here. He'll be able to carry on with his program and graduate--he'll take a hit, but it's not like he'll be banned even in the near term, let alone forever. The biggest penalty for him is likely to be financial, depending on whatever scholarships he had, because he's probably lost that assistance for good.)

I said this before, but it needs to be acknowledged: the MC shows concern for those for whom he should show concern, but Fiona doesn't. We don't see her showing any concern for anyone but herself. It's not like we can generalize from that (that would be to call her a sociopath and/or a narcissist, and we have nowhere near enough evidence for that sort of accusation), but we can say that at a fairly intense moment, she operates completely without empathy even for the MC, let alone his family. I think if her reactions had been anything other than "Me, me, me" that folks would be far more supportive of her and far less of the MC.

Pendragonx315

Apr 23, 2020
Wow.. I'm really impressed with this one.. this was pretty great.. loved the character writting and models. Hopefully the sex scenes will be a bit longer in further releases

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Thing is, I don't think you're actually engaging with what those who don't think he's as bad as she is are arguing.

There are a number of us, at least, who are in complete agreement with you here. It's not a matter of "only seeing one perspective." The MC doesn't honor his commitments to his girlfriend, and he makes it worse by making a promise to her and then breaking it. I was raised to believe that a major difference between boys and men is men keep their word, and he doesn't. He deserves to get dumped for that, and I'm not sure anyone really disagrees.

However. There is a meaningful difference in their motivations here which has to be given due weight. For all that the MC screws up, he's motivated by compassion. He's trying to love his uncle well because he's family; in the process he fails to love his girlfriend well, but however badly he botches it, he's still making some effort. Yeah, he's clueless, and he has some growing up to do--and which of us doesn't at ~22?--but there's some good there, too.

Fiona, through all we've seen so far, isn't clueless, she's selfish. We don't have any indication that she sees the MC as an equal who must be respected and treated seriously--those who're convinced he's the beta to end all betas (bettas?) do have some evidence here; what we see is not her planning their life with him but her planning their life for him. The shock and betrayal with which she responds to his intent to leave East Lansing seem to me to be more "You're not allowed to do this!" than "I'm going to miss you!"

(And by the way, one caveat: far too much is being made of the effect of this on his academic future. A large swath of my family are Spartans, including a couple who went on to earn Ph.D.s; MSU is a solid school, but we're not talking Harvard here. He'll be able to carry on with his program and graduate--he'll take a hit, but it's not like he'll be banned even in the near term, let alone forever. The biggest penalty for him is likely to be financial, depending on whatever scholarships he had, because he's probably lost that assistance for good.)

I said this before, but it needs to be acknowledged: the MC shows concern for those for whom he should show concern, but Fiona doesn't. We don't see her showing any concern for anyone but herself. It's not like we can generalize from that (that would be to call her a sociopath and/or a narcissist, and we have nowhere near enough evidence for that sort of accusation), but we can say that at a fairly intense moment, she operates completely without empathy even for the MC, let alone his family. I think if her reactions had been anything other than "Me, me, me" that folks would be far more supportive of her and far less of the MC.
^ has Eloquently nailed it, as I tried to do previously in several posts >;D

I *Think* we can all agree their biggest flaw at attempting to be a couple is lack of clear & decisive communication, tho I'm still siding with MC as he has never stopped trying while her dedication to the man she supposedly wants to spend the rest of her life with ran out after 14 days xD

Jun 4, 2017
I *Think* we can all agree their biggest flaw at attempting to be a couple is lack of clear & decisive communication, tho I'm still siding with MC as he has never stopped trying while her dedication to the man she supposedly wants to spend the rest of her life with ran out after 14 days xD
Eh, I'll say this much: I'm not siding with either one. I've counseled too many couples to do that. One may be more at fault than the other--that's usually the case, honestly--but the MC's actions could still have wrecked their relationship even if she were a much better person than I take her to be.

I have to give kudos to Thunderline Studios, btw, for creating characters and a story that we're able to take seriously. That's not to say it's Shakespeare, but it's a meaningful accomplishment, especially given that so much of the commentary in this forum consists of "Walkthrough?" "Full save pls," "That update was too short, when's the next one?" "She's hot"/"She's ugly," and "MC's a jerk/MC's a beta" . . .

nemesix

Feb 8, 2019
The fact that the writing can create this much discussion and debate is a good thing. I know I enjoyed the first 2 chapters because of it.

I would have to agree both sides are definitely wrong here. He should have at least went back after 2 weeks and talked to her and ghosting is never the right answer especially to someone you care about.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Eh, I'll say this much: I'm not siding with either one. I've counseled too many couples to do that. One may be more at fault than the other--that's usually the case, honestly--but the MC's actions could still have wrecked their relationship even if she were a much better person than I take her to be.

I have to give kudos to Thunderline Studios, btw, for creating characters and a story that we're able to take seriously. That's not to say it's Shakespeare, but it's a meaningful accomplishment, especially given that so much of the commentary in this forum consists of "Walkthrough?" "Full save pls," "That update was too short, when's the next one?" "She's hot"/"She's ugly," and "MC's a jerk/MC's a beta" . . .
The dude who sent the pic to the MC told him that the guy is in a lot of her pics lately, so even if she's not fucking him, she's out having fun and posting pictures on social media. I wouldn't say that she's devastated after what happened... Everyone reacts in a different way in these situations, but we are talking about the person she was supposed to spend her whole life with, and she just flipped a switch and continues her life, like nothing happend.

Also like I said before, she basically had their whole life planned out, yet she gets annoyed by the fact that he cares about his family. Isn't that a good thing? I mean, why would you want to start a family with someone who won't give a crap about the one he already has?

nemesix

Feb 8, 2019
^ has Eloquently nailed it, as I tried to do previously in several posts >;D

Yeah I agree. Its only one semester and colleges will allow you to defer your enrollment and come back for the next semester. Assuming he actually spoke to his college and didn't just take incompletes or fails for the courses he was taking. Seems like she took the "easy" road in the end to preserve he dreams for her plans.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The dude who sent the pic to the MC told him that the guy is in a lot of her pics lately, so even if she's not fucking him, she's out having fun and posting pictures on social media. I wouldn't say that she's devastated after what happened... Everyone reacts in a different way in these situations, but we are talking about the person she was supposed to spend her whole life with, and she just flipped a switch and continues her life, like nothing happend.

Also like I said before, she basically had their whole life planned out, yet she gets annoyed by the fact that he cares about his family. Isn't that a good thing? I mean, why would you want to start a family with someone who won't give a crap about the one he already has?
Well the dude who sent him those pictures could well be a very bad friend with own intentions and plans. Remember fake news is not only on the internet but can also be spread by gossip for other intentions or come from people who want to have what you had:p

Though I am personally in the camp that that GF is and was a bit to happy to plan their life without asking him or his input and those kinda women tend to make me skittish, so not too unhappy she stays silent. Basically a glad he let that poisoned chalice pass him by his own mistake. Who said making mistakes always hurts you :p

Last edited:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Well the dude who sent him those pictures could well be a very bad friend with own intentions and plans. Remember fake news is not only on the internet but can also be spread by gossip for other intentions or come from people who have what you had:p
I have to assume that he checked it out himself. If a random friend can see her pics, so can the MC. Unless of course she blocked him, but I think that he would have mentioned something like that in the conversation he had with Morgan.

4.10 star(s) 50 Votes