4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1592063495046.png

As Inkwell noted in his update, the .3 script for Last Call was completed a bit ago. I've started working on renders recently. Thanks to some fun in my job and personal life, I didn't hop right on it as I usually do. But I'm feeling better now and taking a nice measured pace. WAY too early to project a release date, but this is a massive update. These releases keep getting bigger, since we have more branching paths as we go. I'd say expect play time roughly equal to Last Call .2, but overall I have a good 20% more than last release to get setup and rendered. We are getting to that time where you'll have to have multiple play throughs to see all the content.
This means that To Be A King is waiting for me to finish Last Call before work resumes on it. I completed a rough draft of that script for .2 before I started renders on Last Call. But it may still need a good amount of work before it's ready to start rendering. Sometimes I go back and re-read what I wrote, and it flows nicely with minor corrections. Other times I wonder how a drunken monkey got access to my document. As these scripts for Last Call get longer for Inkwell, there may be times where we squeeze in two releases of To Be A King in between Last Call releases.
I regret to inform you that my updates may be less frequent. Now that I've got two games, a life, and a full time job to manage, I don't always feel like writing these, especially if I just don't have much to share. I can assure you that I make good progress on the weeks I render, and my render rig allows me to get everything done relatively quickly there. Myself and the rest of the team will pop in from time-to-time. And my big goal is to get better about sharing previews here for episodes in progress. Have a great weekend, everyone!

- IT Roy

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
View attachment 704224

Another preview of Ms. Morgan. Others will have previews soon. Renders are going well. I posted some progress in our Discord announcements channel yesterday. Have a great night!
- IT Roy
I really hope that having sex with Morgan is as optional as Kelly Jo was earlier. I am still not convinced that Fiona won't pop up and yell, "Ah ha! I caught you!" :ROFLMAO:

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I really hope that having sex with Morgan is as optional as Kelly Jo was earlier. I am still not convinced that Fiona won't pop up and yell, "Ah ha! I caught you!" :ROFLMAO:
Doesn't matter, you know you'll fuck her anyway. :D Honestly, I kinda hope Fiona drops in, but instead of getting shocked and acting bitchy, we'll have the option of grabbing Morgan harder and fuck her more right in front of her.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Doesn't matter, you know you'll fuck her anyway. :D Honestly, I kinda hope Fiona drops in, but instead of getting shocked and acting bitchy, we'll have the option of grabbing Morgan harder and fuck her more right in front of her.
Oh yes, it's not an "if" it's a "when". My MC will pound Morgan nightly but only once Fiona is completely and clearly in the past.

Besides the history with Fiona (5 year relationship?) she has ALL of the MCs belongings. He is at her mercy when it comes to everything he owns that is in that apartment. He needs to ensure that she doesn't enact petty revenge when he breaks up with her..

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Oh yes, it's not an "if" it's a "when". My MC will pound Morgan nightly but only once Fiona is completely and clearly in the past.

Besides the history with Fiona (5 year relationship?) she has ALL of the MCs belongings. He is at her mercy when it comes to everything he owns that is in that apartment. He needs to ensure that she doesn't enact petty revenge when he breaks up with her..
There's literally no guarantee that she didn't already got rid of everything he owns after she decided to go into ghost mode and live the party life. As of right now, he can already kiss a goodbye to those things.

• Angry
Reactions: Kame-Sennin

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
There's literally no guarantee that she didn't already got rid of everything he owns after she decided to go into ghost mode and live the party life. As of right now, he can already kiss a goodbye to those things.
True! I'm just trying to hedge my bets so that if or when Thunderline have her suddenly show up she can't accuse my MC of cheating. She's the cheater and there will be no obfuscation of that fact.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I still think Fiona is putting on a show for the MC the picture of her and the other guy they just don't look close it feels like a set up I think Fiona is doing it to get a reaction from the MC to trick him into coming back some women will go to extreme lengths just to get someone back. But then again if she is cheating hopefully we kick her out on her ass. :LOL:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I still think Fiona is putting on a show for the MC the picture of her and the other guy they just don't look close it feels like a set up I think Fiona is doing it to get a reaction from the MC to trick him into coming back some women will go to extreme lengths just to get someone back. But then again if she is cheating hopefully we kick her out on her ass. :LOL:
That seems overly elaborate... Her plan is to ghost the MC for weeks, post pictures of herself with another guy on social media, have the MC's friend tell him about it, and then lure the MC back because he thinks she might be cheating on him?

The irony here is that it's having the exact opposite effect.
Yeah, I don't think that's her plan. I think her plan is to ghost the MC, fuck someone else, and then (once the new relationship is established) break up with the MC via text or phone call.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
That seems overly elaborate... Her plan is to ghost the MC for weeks, post pictures of herself with another guy on social media, have the MC's friend tell him about it, and then lure the MC back because he thinks she might be cheating on him?
For drama sake sure I mean when is it ever straight forward? It wouldn't surprise me if there is some sort of twist that could occur here. I think her messing around with the MC head like that she may think it's the best idea but it's most likely to backfire. In reality, you'd ditch someone like that right away. Like I said about the picture the MC saw the guy barely looks interested.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
For drama sake sure I mean when is it ever straight forward? It wouldn't surprise me if there is some sort of twist that could occur here. I think her messing around with the MC head like that she may think it's the best idea but it's most likely to backfire. In reality, you'd ditch someone like that right away. Like I said about the picture the MC saw the guy barely looks interested.
I'm sure there will be drama but I expect it to be more that she shows up in the town after weeks of no communication, perhaps even to find the MC in the midst of kissing or fucking someone. Perhaps after Max dies the MC turns to someone for comfort and that's when Fiona shows up. I doubt that her plan is as you suggest, it is too elaborate. And the guy looking barely interested can just be a poorly posed character or maybe it was just a picture from their first date. She was supposedly posting a lot of pictures of them together though.

We shall have to wait and see. I really hope the next update actually moves the whole plot forward because the last update didn't at all. Since the beginning the MC (and thus the player) is in a holding pattern waiting for something to happen.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Yeah, I don't think that's her plan. I think her plan is to ghost the MC, fuck someone else, and then (once the new relationship is established) break up with the MC via text or phone call.
There was a game released a couple of days ago, Our life after the lottery. Have to wonder how she'll react if the MC were to win the lottery and have a shitload of money on his bank account. Will she still ghost him or will she start stalking him like the "loving" girlfriend she is. I bet she'd go by foot to see him then.:LOL::LOL:

Hate to disappoint u guys but only future updates can clear that shit up for us. The way she behaved till now is a subtle hint for him to either go and see her or go fuck himself and his dying uncle ... the latter makes her a shitty character many players would automatically avoid at all cost, so no plus to the story considering she is displayed as a LI. But KJ also appears on the cover and on Patreon tiers so anything is possible.

IMO it's pointless to hate on her without hearing her side of the story. Hopefully the next update will give us some hints at least. She needs to explain her actions. If she a cheating ho, the MC should hate-fuck her, creampie her, take his shit from her apartment and ride off into the sunset like a boss hoping the dev will throw some fresh pussy in his direction.:cool::LOL:

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev Update #31 - Renderzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Has it really been two weeks since I last did an update? Apparently so. Well, a lot of progress has been made since then. It's been a busy time at Thunderline HQ southern command. Those of you that listened to our Q&A heard about the DAZ improvements I was working on. Those are almost complete (the rest are on pause until after .3 of Last Call is done). I'm already getting huge boosts from those. DAZ is functional and smooth again! I've got a new NAS that I just finished setting up yesterday with all my files. If that is a foreign term to you, it is simply a computer that sits on my network to store and share files. I use it for my DAZ library and some other items. The specifics of the device are super geeky, but all NVMe storage with 10 gigabit ethernet which means very fast read and write speeds, even over the network. :roodrool: And my workstations at home have undergone a few minor improvements, and they seem to be working smoothly, despite Microsoft's attempts with updates. I even had Xor help me name them. There is now an Annie workstation.

1593275006257.png
Renders are progressing nicely. No major issues found in the first few hundred I've completed. Last Call .3 is going to be larger than I expected. Fun part about doing this is that I always change the amount of renders as I go. I cut several renders, but then ended up adding a TON in another area. You won't see them all on a single playthrough, but I have to render them all the same. The progress image above is something we will likely start doing with these larger releases.
Xor has been putting us to shame with his incredible coding skills. He now has a full program that can parse the script for our game releases and add a lot of the code he needs in mere seconds. It also renames my renders according to the format he wants to use in under a second. Impressive stuff that should save him time in getting an alpha build ready. It wasn't a lengthy process before, but any automation is HUGE in cutting down on errors that might come from manual input.
As far as release for Last Call .3, you all know my reluctance to give that before we are in the very final stages. So much can happen. And in a world with COVID-19, that doesn't just mean system issues or slow progress. But I'm putting in several hours a day on renders, and the script is 100% done. Xor's coding, as it should be, will always be a bit behind my render count, but that makes sense. He needs an entire scene done before he can code, and let me tell you that we have some MASSIVE scenes, (in terms of render counts), with this release.
Before I close, To Be A King is going to be an August release, with any luck. Just depends on how much script work is needed there when I can get to it. Oh, and it is large, at least for my target render counts, so that also comes into play. Until next time, folks. Expect some more previews on here, as I've been doing. Just don't expect me to explain what is going on, as that would ruin the surprise.

• IT Roy

Last edited:

Moryaka26

Aug 28, 2019

Has it really been two weeks since I last did an update? Apparently so. Well, a lot of progress has been made since then. It's been a busy time at Thunderline HQ southern command. Those of you that listened to our Q&A heard about the DAZ improvements I was working on. Those are almost complete (the rest are on pause until after .3 of Last Call is done). I'm already getting huge boosts from those. DAZ is functional and smooth again! I've got a new NAS that I just finished setting up yesterday with all my files. If that is a foreign term to you, it is simply a computer that sits on my network to store and share files. I use it for my DAZ library and some other items. The specifics of the device are super geeky, but all NVMe storage with 10 gigabit ethernet which means very fast read and write speeds, even over the network. :roodrool: And my workstations at home have undergone a few minor improvements, and they seem to be working smoothly, despite Microsoft's attempts with updates. I even had Xor help me name them. There is now an Annie workstation.

Renders are progressing nicely. No major issues found in the first few hundred I've completed. Last Call .3 is going to be larger than I expected. Fun part about doing this is that I always change the amount of renders as I go. I cut several renders, but then ended up adding a TON in another area. You won't see them all on a single playthrough, but I have to render them all the same. The progress image above is something we will likely start doing with these larger releases.
Xor has been putting us to shame with his incredible coding skills. He now has a full program that can parse the script for our game releases and add a lot of the code he needs in mere seconds. It also renames my renders according to the format he wants to use in under a second. Impressive stuff that should save him time in getting an alpha build ready. It wasn't a lengthy process before, but any automation is HUGE in cutting down on errors that might come from manual input.
As far as release for Last Call .3, you all know my reluctance to give that before we are in the very final stages. So much can happen. And in a world with COVID-19, that doesn't just mean system issues or slow progress. But I'm putting in several hours a day on renders, and the script is 100% done. Xor's coding, as it should be, will always be a bit behind my render count, but that makes sense. He needs an entire scene done before he can code, and let me tell you that we have some MASSIVE scenes, (in terms of render counts), with this release.
Before I close, To Be A King is going to be an August release, with any luck. Just depends on how much script work is needed there when I can get to it. Oh, and it is large, at least for my target render counts, so that also comes into play. Until next time, folks. Expect some more previews on here, as I've been doing. Just don't expect me to explain what is going on, as that would ruin the surprise.

• IT Roy
I can't see previews

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

View attachment 707969

• IT Roy
So late July release? Maybe?

4.10 star(s) 50 Votes