4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
getting abandoned tag again before the update?
well in 2 weeks tag gets planted if some1 reports it to mods and mods don't start bending rules saying that both criterias need to be met for tag.

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
isnt it 17 months?
if u watch patreon it seems some work is being done
The big problem is that "some work has been done" is not the release of an update. When someone is busy for almost one year and a half with "some work" but releases nothing at all, it gets the abandoned tag. And rightfully so I must say.

Tags are given for released work, not for promises that some day something maybe gets released...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
isnt it 17 months?
if u watch patreon it seems some work is being done
Doesn't matter anymore. 18 months without an update on here gets it the abandoned tag.

Too many people complained about devs stringing people along so if the game isn't getting updated then it gets tagged abandoned.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
18 Months are already more than they deserve imho.... It should be 12 months at best
Biggest tragedy is they had solid gold on their hands.

It started off quite popular and was set to be quite a big game but then one dev left to start his own game which has taken a weird direction and then this, oh dear god this.....

They never recovered after that. There has been a lot of talk and even one guy defending them religiously saying he knows them and work is happening but they haven't got anything to show for this work happening. With all the games that have been abandoned and all the lying devs out there I need more than empty promises of work being done.

This is in the same boat as Offcuts.

2 games that should have been used held back by their devs. Both games deserve better.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Biggest tragedy is they had solid gold on their hands.

It started off quite popular and was set to be quite a big game but then one dev left to start his own game which has taken a weird direction and then this, oh dear god this.....

They never recovered after that. There has been a lot of talk and even one guy defending them religiously saying he knows them and work is happening but they haven't got anything to show for this work happening. With all the games that have been abandoned and all the lying devs out there I need more than empty promises of work being done.

This is in the same boat as Offcuts.

2 games that should have been used held back by their devs. Both games deserve better.
It's odd. All those devs were sitting on gold like you said. Instead they just blog away on Patreon monthly and get peanuts in return. Life gave them a free pass to success and still managed to fuck it up. These devs had what other people dreamt of having and what did they do in return? Nothing.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Must admit I thought that this already had the ABANDONED tag as I've moved it to my 'completed' folder so I don't check for updates.
lol, just checked and actually it went into my 'on hold' folder...got 6 games in there, guess I need to check them again

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Must admit I thought that this already had the ABANDONED tag as I've moved it to my 'completed' folder so I don't check for updates.
lol, just checked and actually it went into my 'on hold' folder...got 6 games in there, guess I need to check them again
Looks interesting, but considering that it's going to be what, 10 years at this pace to see a finished game? I'd say check back in 2028 at the earliest. It's interesting looking, but I haven't played before, and I think I'll wait for a while myself.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Has the Abandoned tag been removed or was it never there in the first place? I thought it was :WaitWhat:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::sleep::sleep: I Love this game and the girl with 2 colors eyes :cry:
Yeah, Annie is not Morgan but she's cool too :sneaky:

I'ma tell you a little secret, maybe the reason why I liked this game so much to begin with: it turned a bad moment of my life into a not as bad night.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just in case anyone is doubtful: the whole story is real, you have my word.

Biscardone

May 2, 2020
Yeah, Annie is not Morgan but she's cool too :sneaky:

I'ma tell you a little secret, maybe the reason why I liked this game so much to begin with: it turned a bad moment of my life into a not as bad night.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just in case anyone is doubtful: the whole story is real, you have my word.
I completely understand. I've always thought that the strength of The Last Call was in the story and characters - the writing, overall. Way over the sexy bits. So, next time we're drinking, let's make a toast to our pals, but also to the cool guys we met at The Last Call. They all deserve it!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aristos

PickleSteve

Sep 9, 2022
I guess that's it, huh? A sad day, for sure...

pour one out for the homies.jpg
RIP Last Call, you were a great look at what could have been, but it's time to close the doors unfortunately.

4.10 star(s) 50 Votes