4.20 star(s) 17 Votes
Apr 2, 2023

View attachment 2789579

Hello everyone!

Well, where do I begin this? First of all, I posted this as a 'personal' devlog because I haven't been able to do any developing on the game since I last posted. This year has been the hardware refresh year at my IT job. We manage multiple companies (around 800 users). And since I'm the one that manages hardware inventory and also hardware purchasing... well... It is a huge, complicated pain in the ass for one person. Dropped in my lap at the last minute... I had to travel this past week to Texas to do some computer setups and swap outs myself as well. Thankfully, that trip went smoothly and without issues. But I'm physically and mentally exhausted because I put all of my energy into making sure I got everything done in the time I had. Twelve hours one day, sixteen on another day... I was barely in my hotel room (only to sleep, shower, and do it again the next day). Fortunately, that is the only site I had to travel to. The other guys will be travelling to the rest. I have two local sites to work on and I'll have help at those.

I know it's been five months since my last release. I'm well aware that it has been a long wait for you guys. Due to such a long delay, a lot of people have dropped their subs and I totally would do the same. It really sucks that if I had enough subs, I could probably retire from IT permanently and have ALL of my time to work on my games. Release much more often, more activity from me in general, the list goes on. But then I come back from this trip, and I have a few people in my DMs giving me shit about the long delay who obviously never bothered to read any of my posts, anywhere. If you don't know what someone is dealing with, then keep your bullshit to yourself please. I'm dealing with enough of it already. That plus dealing with depression and trying to manage my stress at the same time. So, if you were one of those people and didn't get a reply, it's because I have to ignore you for my health.

With all of that said... there is light at the end of this tunnel. There always is, but sometimes when you can't see it yet, it's still stressful. There are only a few sites left for us to upgrade. And all of these upgrades must be completed before the end of September. Next week I'll be working on getting computer quotes and orders completed for the rest of the sites and then I'll finally have a bit more free time. Outside of the two weeks I'll be working in the two local sites (one of those is our largest site with 150 users).

Okay, I know the last thing you wanted to read about in a new post from me was me talking about my other job. But in my effort to be as transparent as possible, I feel you deserve to know. Especially those of you who actually sub and give me money. FWIW, I'm never going to quit the game development stuff unless I just get to a point where I simply can't because I can't come up with new material or content. Stories are my life though... and I have enough shit written down to make more than the two I'm already working on. Anyway, just know that in between all of my IT job crap and 'real life' stuff, I am picking away at the next LH update as much as I can. I'm hoping to have every evening next week to just work on LH Episode 3 art. When I left off, I was still working on scene 1, which is a long scene (around 200 or more images). And it is also a new scene because it has different background and surroundings that I had to build basically from scratch (with help from a few modders of course getting me some much-needed assets). I will also have some time over this weekend outside of a few things I need to do around the house.

And by the way, if you're going to drop your sub, it is totally fine. You don't have to explain to me, and it doesn't hurt my feelings. If it were me, I might do the same (and have). Once my IT work gets back to the normal stuff, things will go back to the way they were. And I am also considering doing shorter, possibly monthly (or close to it anyway) releases. I don't prefer shorter releases because its less content. But basically, I would do half an episode per update. It might make things easier for me to manage. I don't know yet, I may try that for the next update (not this one because I am committed to getting you a full episode after this long wait). So, we'll see how that goes.

So, that's what is going on now. Time for me to work the IT job and focus on getting that shit done as soon as possible. I hope you guys can hang in there with me a bit longer. I WANT to get back to my games and I am excited about the new direction I have planned for Serenity once this LH update is completed. I love all of you, see you soon!

...Fire

It's all good. Life does happen and there are those of us who know that a great story is worth waiting for. Keep the faith! Look forward to seeing the new location(s).

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021

View attachment 2789579

Hello everyone!

Well, where do I begin this? First of all, I posted this as a 'personal' devlog because I haven't been able to do any developing on the game since I last posted. This year has been the hardware refresh year at my IT job. We manage multiple companies (around 800 users). And since I'm the one that manages hardware inventory and also hardware purchasing... well... It is a huge, complicated pain in the ass for one person. Dropped in my lap at the last minute... I had to travel this past week to Texas to do some computer setups and swap outs myself as well. Thankfully, that trip went smoothly and without issues. But I'm physically and mentally exhausted because I put all of my energy into making sure I got everything done in the time I had. Twelve hours one day, sixteen on another day... I was barely in my hotel room (only to sleep, shower, and do it again the next day). Fortunately, that is the only site I had to travel to. The other guys will be travelling to the rest. I have two local sites to work on and I'll have help at those.

I know it's been five months since my last release. I'm well aware that it has been a long wait for you guys. Due to such a long delay, a lot of people have dropped their subs and I totally would do the same. It really sucks that if I had enough subs, I could probably retire from IT permanently and have ALL of my time to work on my games. Release much more often, more activity from me in general, the list goes on. But then I come back from this trip, and I have a few people in my DMs giving me shit about the long delay who obviously never bothered to read any of my posts, anywhere. If you don't know what someone is dealing with, then keep your bullshit to yourself please. I'm dealing with enough of it already. That plus dealing with depression and trying to manage my stress at the same time. So, if you were one of those people and didn't get a reply, it's because I have to ignore you for my health.

With all of that said... there is light at the end of this tunnel. There always is, but sometimes when you can't see it yet, it's still stressful. There are only a few sites left for us to upgrade. And all of these upgrades must be completed before the end of September. Next week I'll be working on getting computer quotes and orders completed for the rest of the sites and then I'll finally have a bit more free time. Outside of the two weeks I'll be working in the two local sites (one of those is our largest site with 150 users).

Okay, I know the last thing you wanted to read about in a new post from me was me talking about my other job. But in my effort to be as transparent as possible, I feel you deserve to know. Especially those of you who actually sub and give me money. FWIW, I'm never going to quit the game development stuff unless I just get to a point where I simply can't because I can't come up with new material or content. Stories are my life though... and I have enough shit written down to make more than the two I'm already working on. Anyway, just know that in between all of my IT job crap and 'real life' stuff, I am picking away at the next LH update as much as I can. I'm hoping to have every evening next week to just work on LH Episode 3 art. When I left off, I was still working on scene 1, which is a long scene (around 200 or more images). And it is also a new scene because it has different background and surroundings that I had to build basically from scratch (with help from a few modders of course getting me some much-needed assets). I will also have some time over this weekend outside of a few things I need to do around the house.

And by the way, if you're going to drop your sub, it is totally fine. You don't have to explain to me, and it doesn't hurt my feelings. If it were me, I might do the same (and have). Once my IT work gets back to the normal stuff, things will go back to the way they were. And I am also considering doing shorter, possibly monthly (or close to it anyway) releases. I don't prefer shorter releases because its less content. But basically, I would do half an episode per update. It might make things easier for me to manage. I don't know yet, I may try that for the next update (not this one because I am committed to getting you a full episode after this long wait). So, we'll see how that goes.

So, that's what is going on now. Time for me to work the IT job and focus on getting that shit done as soon as possible. I hope you guys can hang in there with me a bit longer. I WANT to get back to my games and I am excited about the new direction I have planned for Serenity once this LH update is completed. I love all of you, see you soon!

...Fire

Hang in there! Hopefully things will get better for you.

Btw, is it just me who find it ridiculous how devs "need" to lay bare large parts of their lives to satisfy internet randos on why the game is delayed. I mean, I love the transparency, but this is a one person hobby project. While I'm sure every serious dev here tries to be as consistent as possible, delays are inevitable when there is only one person who works on the project in their spare time. And it's not like the big multi-billion dollar companies say anything when they delay a game; "Hi folks, the game is delayed a year to ensure the quality of the game".

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017

Btw, is it just me who find it ridiculous how devs "need" to lay bare large parts of their lives to satisfy internet randos on why the game is delayed. I mean, I love the transparency, but this is a one person hobby project. While I'm sure every serious dev here tries to be as consistent as possible, delays are inevitable when there is only one person who works on the project in their spare time. And it's not like the big multi-billion dollar companies say anything when they delay a game; "Hi folks, the game is delayed a year to ensure the quality of the game".
No, you're not. I do not expect them to share their personal life with me/us. If they want though, well...

All i expect once in a while, are posts about the progress/no progress as status updates. For me, that is enough to satisfy my curiosity.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019

Back in March, I almost made a post like that... "I need 6 months to not touch my games and deal with other shit for a while". But I couldn't do that because I can't NOT work on my games. I will always find moments, even during busy times, where I can either write content or knock out a few more images. But also, as a person who is a fan of quite a few AVN's myself... I hate it when a dev just doesn't communicate anything for months (I don't hate the dev for that, I just hate the 'not knowing' if he/she is okay and if their project will continue). I've become friends with pretty much every dev I've been a fan of, and today I maintain those friendships. Those kinds of relationships in our AVN community are almost a must. I've learned quite a lot from them and can now actually teach them a thing or two.

This did start as a hobby but became a bit more than that as more and more of you started following. I've mentioned some rather rude DM's I've received, but I've also received MANY more very positive and amazing DM's. I hate negative confrontation... and that comes out in how I write my games (things getting resolved quickly LOL).

Anyway thanks for all the feedback. This is one of the reasons I could never just stop doing this. :)

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
All i expect once in a while, are posts about the progress/no progress as status updates. For me, that is enough to satisfy my curiosity.
But also, as a person who is a fan of quite a few AVN's myself... I hate it when a dev just doesn't communicate anything for months (I don't hate the dev for that, I just hate the 'not knowing' if he/she is okay and if their project will continue).
I think everyone likes regular updates. My point is more about expectations from the community. Many devs here does an exceptional good job of interacting with the community and keep them updated and so on. Often much better than AAA companies that have a dedicated team for community management. This all while developing the game and maybe having a day job as well. And that is great, but I find it absurd when the community starts to expect that level of commitment from devs.

Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I think everyone likes regular updates. My point is more about expectations from the community. Many devs here does an exceptional good job of interacting with the community and keep them updated and so on. Often much better than AAA companies that have a dedicated team for community management. This all while developing the game and maybe having a day job as well. And that is great, but I find it absurd when the community starts to expect that level of commitment from devs.
Let's agree that when they manage to do it, it's amazing. But, the fact that a few can do it, doesn't force that as a standard to everyone else.

Let's accept what is freely given, because that's a bonus.

Peace :)

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019

Happy Weekend my friends!

I'll keep this devlog brief because I really need to manage my time and get working on this update. This week I managed to get more accomplished with scene 1 finally. This is a long scene (around 280 images). And I left off on image number 0090. This week I completed 'building' the set for the rest of the scene, and today I'll start back rendering images starting at 0091. I can't say how far I'll get over this weekend, but I'm hopeful that I'll complete scene 1 before Monday or Tuesday.

I also have decided to use some ambient sound effects here and there. Not a lot though. After play-testing this scene with the ambient sound and the music, I am really happy with how it is turning out. I don't plan on adding sound effects for everything, but certain situations where I feel it will add to the scene, I'll definitely do it.

Episode Selection: Because this novel is kinetic, saving is merely a convenient 'bookmark' for where you left off in the story so that when you play again in the next update, you can pick up where you left off. However, I am working on a new menu item that will allow you to select an episode to play. If you happen to lose your saves (get a new computer or phone, etc...) you'll be able to go in there and start from the episode you want. You can still save of course. But this feature will make it easier for you if you want to go back and play from the beginning of another episode without starting from the beginning, or trying to make sure you create a save at the beginning of an episode. Also, when new updates are released, you could use that to play the latest episode (especially if you happened to forget to save at the end of the previous episode.)

Lessnia (Nia): A few have asked if Nia will be part of the crew. No, she is purely a side character, and you'll learn more about her in Ep.3. Nia gained a few fans after the release of Ep.2, and I'm happy that she was well received. I don't plan on having a ton of LI's (like in Serenity). But I do plan to have various side-sex stuff. As Nia so politely pointed out at the end of Ep.2, Mike is in effect, DeFacto King of Pantheria because of his recent pet status with Queen Tessa. So, you can imagine that pretty much every girl you see (and have seen so far) are 'open for business'. But ALWAYS, your main LI's come first: Lexi, Natalie, Kalina, Dezzy, and Alaina... they are the main love interests. Now Aury is there too of course. She can be considered a main LI also. But she is there for some side-fun mostly, as well as being the "Data" aboard the Aurora. No ship can be without a super intelligent android (especially a sexy female android that wants you).

Anyway, on with the show. I'm having a nice slow IT workday and I am working from home. So, guess what I'm doing... RENDERING. I plan on doing as much of that as I can this weekend. In fact, I have Atom and Studio up and running right now. As soon as I post this devlog, I'll be getting started. I know I have said this a lot lately, but please hang in there. I'm working on it. And thanks to all of you who are sticking around and keeping faith in me. Hopefully next week's devlog will see a lot more progress than you've seen from me in months.

Love you all, ...Fire

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019

lh_aury_chair(1920).png

Happy weekend everyone!

So, in spite of a busy week at my full-time job, and a few unexpected situations... I can actually post that I have finally made some progress! As of yesterday, I completed scene 1 and started on scene 2. Scene 2 is a short scene (about 40 images) so I should knock that out today and be working on scene 3 over the weekend. I'm really happy with my decision to break these episodes into manageable scenes because now I at least feel like I am accomplishing something when I complete a scene. I did end up cutting a bit from scene 1 because reading back through it, it just seemed a bit too 'wordy'. The only drawback to that is now it will seem like another situation is resolved too quickly. But I'm not going to stress over that. There is enough detail in Lessnia's story arc, probably more than should be for a side character. So, I'm just going to move on. But she has a part to play in future episodes, so I wanted to give her some background.

I probably won't get the episode picker into this release because at this point, I just want to get the story to you guys. But probably in the next update to LH, I'll have it in there. I've had a few ask for a replay gallery. If I'm honest, I really hate replay galleries. They're a pain in the ass to setup and half the time, things break too easily (especially when I want to go back and redo/add stuff or improve scenes). I am not great at renpy programming. I know enough of the basics to do what I am doing. If I go too far outside of that, it starts to complicate things for me. So, if you're one of those who wants a replay gallery... maybe much closer to completing season 1 of LH, I'll put it in there. The replay gallery in Serenity (chapter 1) is kind of a mess.

Speaking of Serenity, in case you missed it in one of my previous posts... I am completely rewriting episode 3 of that one because I wasn't happy with what I had. I haven't written much at this point because I had to change my focus back to LH, so LH gets 2 updates in a row. But my plan is to bring Serenity back down to what it originally was... fun, sex, comedy, and low drama. Serenity is more of a 'happy place' and meant to be a peaceful, relaxing read that hopefully turns people on. Hence the title: Serenity. So, you'll be seeing some changes from episode 2 to 3 and going forward. We'll get back to granting wishes and generating fade and shade energy.

That's all I have for this week guys. Right now, it's a nice, slow day at the IT job, I am working from home, so it's an opportunity to get more done (hopefully it stays fairly quiet today but if not, I'll work tonight also).

Love you all,
...Fire

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023

View attachment 2843933

Happy weekend everyone!

So, in spite of a busy week at my full-time job, and a few unexpected situations... I can actually post that I have finally made some progress! As of yesterday, I completed scene 1 and started on scene 2. Scene 2 is a short scene (about 40 images) so I should knock that out today and be working on scene 3 over the weekend. I'm really happy with my decision to break these episodes into manageable scenes because now I at least feel like I am accomplishing something when I complete a scene. I did end up cutting a bit from scene 1 because reading back through it, it just seemed a bit too 'wordy'. The only drawback to that is now it will seem like another situation is resolved too quickly. But I'm not going to stress over that. There is enough detail in Lessnia's story arc, probably more than should be for a side character. So, I'm just going to move on. But she has a part to play in future episodes, so I wanted to give her some background.

I probably won't get the episode picker into this release because at this point, I just want to get the story to you guys. But probably in the next update to LH, I'll have it in there. I've had a few ask for a replay gallery. If I'm honest, I really hate replay galleries. They're a pain in the ass to setup and half the time, things break too easily (especially when I want to go back and redo/add stuff or improve scenes). I am not great at renpy programming. I know enough of the basics to do what I am doing. If I go too far outside of that, it starts to complicate things for me. So, if you're one of those who wants a replay gallery... maybe much closer to completing season 1 of LH, I'll put it in there. The replay gallery in Serenity (chapter 1) is kind of a mess.

Speaking of Serenity, in case you missed it in one of my previous posts... I am completely rewriting episode 3 of that one because I wasn't happy with what I had. I haven't written much at this point because I had to change my focus back to LH, so LH gets 2 updates in a row. But my plan is to bring Serenity back down to what it originally was... fun, sex, comedy, and low drama. Serenity is more of a 'happy place' and meant to be a peaceful, relaxing read that hopefully turns people on. Hence the title: Serenity. So, you'll be seeing some changes from episode 2 to 3 and going forward. We'll get back to granting wishes and generating fade and shade energy.

That's all I have for this week guys. Right now, it's a nice, slow day at the IT job, I am working from home, so it's an opportunity to get more done (hopefully it stays fairly quiet today but if not, I'll work tonight also).

Love you all,
...Fire
mad respect/love to ya and the work you do, dont over do it and make sure to take a lil time for yourself

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
lhep3devlog7dez(1920).png

Happy Weekend everyone!

For this week's devlog, you'll be happy to hear that I am making a lot more progress now than I have in months. This weekend will see me completing scene 3 (of 16) and moving on to scene 4. Scenes 4 through 6 are all fairly short scenes (in between some longer scenes), so hopefully by next week's devlog, I should be close to or working on scene 7. When you look at it this way, it seems like it won't be long at all before we're posting up release dates (and I can't wait to do that). Of course, there is still the music, playtesting, etc...

After giving it some thought, I have decided that once this update is released, I will do 2 Serenity updates before I come back to this one again. I have people thinking the game is abandoned and that just isn't true. I'll never abandon my babies, trust me on that. I have plans to steer Serenity back on track starting with the next release, story-wise. And it would be better for me to actually work on those next 2 updates together. I'll post more details about that for devlog 1 of the next Serenity development period. Serenity fans will want to be paying attention. I should be posting a lot of Serenity renders for both public and patron-only.

Anyway, back to Last Human... This episode will have an event with Dezzy. She hasn't had as much attention as the others, and that wasn't intentional. But we'll finally get to see what she is like outside of being the mostly quiet security chief. Dezzy is basically the masochist of the group. Don't worry, for those not a fan of that sort of thing, it is VERY tame stuff. I am not necessarily into 'pain' myself, but I thought it would be fun to explore that and make that part of her character (that was the idea back when I first created her). It will create some fun scenes that everyone should enjoy. I did some work on her to improve her appearance as well.

We'll also have an event with Natalie finally. I know she's a favorite of a few people out there. Her event will be cute, funny, and a little crazy. And as always, there will be other random events taking place. And of course, the episode begins by continuing where we left off with Lessnia (Nia) and that situation. I won't spoil that, but those who were worried about what happened at the end of last episode, you shouldn't worry at all.

Alright, that's it for this week guys. The render is of course Dezzy. I hope you guys have a great weekend! I'll be working on this next scene and probably taking breaks to play a few of my favorite AVNs.

Love you all, ...Fire

Apr 2, 2023
View attachment 2860796

Happy Weekend everyone!

For this week's devlog, you'll be happy to hear that I am making a lot more progress now than I have in months. This weekend will see me completing scene 3 (of 16) and moving on to scene 4. Scenes 4 through 6 are all fairly short scenes (in between some longer scenes), so hopefully by next week's devlog, I should be close to or working on scene 7. When you look at it this way, it seems like it won't be long at all before we're posting up release dates (and I can't wait to do that). Of course, there is still the music, playtesting, etc...

After giving it some thought, I have decided that once this update is released, I will do 2 Serenity updates before I come back to this one again. I have people thinking the game is abandoned and that just isn't true. I'll never abandon my babies, trust me on that. I have plans to steer Serenity back on track starting with the next release, story-wise. And it would be better for me to actually work on those next 2 updates together. I'll post more details about that for devlog 1 of the next Serenity development period. Serenity fans will want to be paying attention. I should be posting a lot of Serenity renders for both public and patron-only.

Anyway, back to Last Human... This episode will have an event with Dezzy. She hasn't had as much attention as the others, and that wasn't intentional. But we'll finally get to see what she is like outside of being the mostly quiet security chief. Dezzy is basically the masochist of the group. Don't worry, for those not a fan of that sort of thing, it is VERY tame stuff. I am not necessarily into 'pain' myself, but I thought it would be fun to explore that and make that part of her character (that was the idea back when I first created her). It will create some fun scenes that everyone should enjoy. I did some work on her to improve her appearance as well.

We'll also have an event with Natalie finally. I know she's a favorite of a few people out there. Her event will be cute, funny, and a little crazy. And as always, there will be other random events taking place. And of course, the episode begins by continuing where we left off with Lessnia (Nia) and that situation. I won't spoil that, but those who were worried about what happened at the end of last episode, you shouldn't worry at all.

Alright, that's it for this week guys. The render is of course Dezzy. I hope you guys have a great weekend! I'll be working on this next scene and probably taking breaks to play a few of my favorite AVNs.

Love you all, ...Fire
I enjoy your cliff-hangers very much. You do them very well. I also look forward to see more of Pantheria.

• Red Heart
Reactions: N2TheFire

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
lhep3_prev01(sfw)(1920).png

Hey everyone!

I'm a day late with the devlog, but that's only because I didn't want to stop what I was doing yesterday. By the time I finished, it was already really late, and I couldn't keep my eyes open. So off to bed I went. I didn't get to scene 7 this week like I thought I would because I ended up extending the scene with Dezzy. It's still a fairly short scene, but I made some changes and spent a bit more time on it. I like how it came out. At this point, I'm starting on scene 5 (of 16 total). So still moving right along. The next few scenes should be fairly easy to do. The main thing that tends to slow me down a bit while developing each scene is when I see things that I need (or want) to change. Like what's being said, or maybe I don't like her facial expression and I change it. And sometimes when I see an opportunity for something funny to happen. I've gone behind myself many times and redone that last 5 to 10 renders because I realize something would be much cooler. So, I pretty much edit as I go along. And many times, I see or realize things I didn't while writing it.

Next week, I'll have to work at the office (full time job) for 2 or 3 days at least. I hate that because while working from home, if things are slow, I can get away with doing some renders. One of these days when I have enough money to do it, I want to buy a nice gaming laptop that can run studio so I can take some of my work with me to the office (and would also be handy if I have to travel for my job - like when I had to go to Houston recently). If I had a laptop while I was in Houston, I could have gotten a lot done in the evenings because there wasn't anything else to do but watch TV and play on my phone. Those trips like that are mega boring!

As for this weekend, I'm going to take a little break and play a few games today. Tonight, I'll probably knock out some scene 5 renders and try to go to bed at a decent hour. I have a few things I need to do tomorrow, but then I plan to do some more rendering before the work week starts. I'll probably chip away at renders in the evenings after work for the days I'm at the office. Hopefully by next weekend, I'll be at or close to scene 7.

This week's render: The ever sophisticated and elegant Chef Amanda with Mary... showing off their new uniforms. For the Patron (NSFW) version, check here (Any tier can see special images):

That's all for now my friends... as always, love you all and a huge thanks to those of you still supporting me. I really appreciate that; you have no idea. Talk again soon!
...Fire

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
You may already know about them, N2TheFire, but in case not, Ren'Py has interpolation flags you can use on variables to force certain changes when applied. I mention this because I just started playing Last Human today and noticed the nickname of the nekos for the MC (I kept the default of "pet") is all lowercase at the beginning of at least one sentence:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The !c interpolation flag can fix that.
In fact, strictly speaking, you don't even have to require players to use all lowercase.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
lhep3devlog9prev(1920).png

Hey everyone and happy weekend (Happy Labor Day weekend to those here)!

I didn't get a lot of graphics done this week. In fact, I ended up having to work at the office all week. However, I did manage to go through and get some rewrites done on the next few scenes. Next week will be more of the same as I still have to finish replacing computers onsite (it's a huge place with a lot of users). But I plan to schedule myself some work time for LH in between as much as possible. I just wasn't able to do anything last week. I really want to keep moving and get this episode completed.

This weekend, we have my mother in-law here (she's in a wheelchair and requires special care) and some family coming so I'll have to spend some of it doing some entertaining. I think I've been roped into BBQing for everyone. So, there's that. But, tonight after everyone leaves and the mother in-law is settled, I'm going to try to get some renders done. I have scene 5 'mapped' already, so it should be pretty quick. The first few images are already done.

Well, keeping it short and sweet this week. I need to go get the grill ready and some meat seasoned up. Thankfully, it's not anything requiring a long cook, some burgers, sausages, and pork fingers pretty much. Go enjoy the weekend my friends, I'll be doing the same.

Love you all! -Fire

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Have a great weekend. (y)

Thanks for all the updates - much appreciated!
Game will wait - and most of, if not all of us will still be here - because we love a good story, and yours is very well written and unique! :love:

This project seems like it's a product of love and passion, enjoy the process - and don't let it turn into "work."

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019

Happy weekend all!

Well, I finally completed scene number 7! Decided to add a small animation in the scene and preview it here for everyone.

There are just 9 scenes left to go. Last week was really busy at the full-time job, but I managed to get some work done on the game in the evenings. Next week will be busy too, but I'll do what I can.

Keeping this really short and sweet this week as there isn't much more to tell right now. And I just wanted to share the animation with you guys. I can't wait for you to see this episode; I think everyone will be pretty happy with it. Lots of good content here, with plenty of sexy eye candy mixed in. Lots of emotional scenes as well as funny scenes and moments thrown in.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of you weekend! I'll check in again next week!

All love all the time, ...Fire

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I'll post this also in the Serenity thread since it mostly relates to that game. But posting here for the Last Human devlog part of it...

serenit_trixy_024(1920).png

Hello everyone. This is a long but important post. So please push through it...

I have finally passed the halfway point rendering the LH update. During this time, I have given thought to how I will proceed with Serenity. As you all know, I scrapped the episode 3 I had written for Serenity C2. It was getting way too messy. It is beginning to move into a direction that will put it further away from the original idea for the story. Part of the problem is I went way overboard bringing in characters. Most of them were just supposed to be guests but I never really wrote them out. Completely my fault. Sometimes I like a character so much I want to write more for them. But the only thing I've managed to do here is alienate some of the main characters in the process. Getting to the point... I need to cut some of these characters loose.

Let's begin by listing all of the girls we've seen in Serenity so far, and I will categorize them as I see them:

Main Love Interests:
  • Rin
  • Lena
  • Jasmine
  • Kat
  • Morgan
  • Trixy
Secondary Love Interests:
  • Trina
  • Samantha
  • Cassie
  • Fade
  • Shade
  • Mia
Guests:
  • Cinn
  • Melody
  • Celeste
  • Triss
  • Marissa
  • Morgana
  • Judy
  • Lili
Remain for story:
  • Camilla
  • Mom (Karen)
There are almost twice the characters I had originally planned for Serenity. And I know some people really liked some of those guest girls. But unfortunately, all of the girls listed under guests will be leaving Serenity (with some minor exceptions). This of course doesn't mean we will never see them again. And yes, Lili is in that list.

Lili: Speaking of her... I've already discussed her with Cryoxx (the developer for Oppai Odyssey - he, or more accurately, his wife created Lili). I loved Lili in OO and when her part ended, I asked for her. But I also only planned for her to be a temporary part of Serenity (she has a part to play in keeping that world going). But once her work is finished, she will choose to return to her world as Karen (Mom) has found a way to do so. Moving on to Cinn from that list...

Cinnamon: was inspired/created from a real person who has followed me from my humble beginnings. She definitely won't go away permanently. Her part will not change. She appears occasionally for certain things, and I don't plan to change that.

Melody: I added Melody with permission from MrDots. Melody was one of the first AVN's I ever played and I loved it. So she will always hold a special place in my heart. But she will return to Seaside, her own world.

Celeste: I added Celeste with permission from Glacerose. She is from his original HS1 game: Sylphia Island. The game was never finished. But it had amazing potential. Unfortunately, he opted to start over in Daz. His original remake of those girls in Daz were excellent. But he kept changing them until they really weren't those same girls anymore. Anyway, she was my favorite character from his game. She will return to Sylphia Island (the original one) after MC reminds her of (the MC she left in SI). Of course, this is Celeste and her tsundere way of dealing with the MC will come into play here.

Triss: I know I know! Triss is super cute and has a lot of fans out there. Especially after her transformation to Neko. Triss isn't leaving the story completely. But she will return to Earth as a dream writer... our 'eyes and ears' on the ground. And we'll be checking in with her from time to time. Of course, there will be 'fun time' with her too.

Marissa: Our sexy battle-droid will also take a back seat, but not completely go away. We'll see MC visit her now and then and there will be more battles with her in the arena with the other girls (as we saw with Rin).

Morgana: Although a guest in Serenity, Morgana actually is a part of my original story. But she will ultimately return to Earth with Triss. I won't give away too much here because her story does continue. Remember that when her and MC touch, both begin to orgasm almost uncontrollably. That arc will continue for now. We'll definitely see some fun time with her before her return to earth.

Judy: Finally Judy. Like Cinn (and Trixy), she was also modeled after a real girl, another faithful follower from my beginnings with Serenity. When I say "modeled after", I mean like taking a photo of that person and trying my best to make a character look like her. Anyway, you may remember Judy as the cop girl who found Lili and took her in back on earth. She is already a character with little content, but she may have a part to play on earth again.

Now let's talk about some of the others... the 'secondary love interests' and family members. Cammie is already sort of taking a back seat for a little while since she is off building her own world. But she will never leave the story. We will definitely see her again. Following her was of course Shade, Samantha, and Cassie. So we probably won't see them for a few episodes also. But all remain in the story. As for Mom, I debated over and over in my head whether she should remain. Honestly, he wasn't supposed to save her at the ascension (when MC ascended to the God of dreams and wishes). But my heart wouldn't let her go. She is like the glue that keeps everyone together. After mulling it over and over, I remembered that Mom is now mortal and can no longer wield the fade. So she will begin to age normally again. It's true, I could write a way for MC to keep her alive. But I never wrote anything else for her honestly beyond the ascension. Everything with her after that was 'added' to give her a part to play.

I think Mom will also return to earth, age gracefully, and be visited regularly by MC and the rest of the dream writer team. Will I kill her off? HELL NO. She does have fade inside her which will cause her to outlive most mortals. Besides, she already died once and I think that was emotional enough for most people because the situation was so relatable for so many, including myself. The whole dream sequence where MC is forced to watch all of that happen again was a hard scene and I really don't want to do that again. It was difficult for me because you have no idea how close that is to reality for me personally. The music and the scene itself still nearly makes me cry when I rewatch it. I've reused some songs throughout Serenity, but I'll never reuse that music again. I mean, I love the music, it was perfect for the scene. But too sad to use it again.
Trixy: Of all the characters in Serenity, besides Lena, Trixy is my favorite girl. I love the way she looks and I love her speed and how edgy she is. She is a permanent character in Serenity. I just love writing her parts. And there will be more of her to come.

Mia: Trixy's sister was created from the template I used to create Trixy. Trixy was created from a photo also (of yet another good friend who has followed me since the beginning). I wanted her to have a little sister... and so we have Mia. Mia will remain because I like her a lot and want to write more with her.

Trina: I debated quite a bit on whether to send Trina back to earth or keep her in Serenity. I decided that she will probably go to earth with Mom as her watcher who can use fade, protect her, and instantly contact us if she is in need or in danger. We will of course continue to see Trina in that new role.

The rest of the cast remain of course, for obvious reasons. I realize that I can't please everyone, and some will even be pissed that some of these characters will be leaving. In the end, I have to do what I feel is necessary to get Serenity back on track. The way episode 2 ended feels a lot like something pretty bad is going to happen. And honestly, I wish I could rewrite that also, but I think I know how I will write myself out of the situation without screwing around with what is already there and causing confusion for you guys. Episode 3 is going to start down a path of change, while also dealing with events from episode 2 the best way I can. So, bear with me!

As for Serenity development, once Last Human episode 3 is released, I plan to take at least one week off from all development to gather myself, go outside, and get some exercise. Spend some time with my family, and let my creative juices reset. After my break, I will do 2 updates to Serenity (episode 3 and then episode 4) before I move on to Last Human episode 4. I think Serenity fans deserve that after this very long wait.

The Last Human update is more than half way rendered now and I have been able to get a lot more time to work on it. I don't know if the release will make the end of the month or not to be honest. I would love to finish it by then though. We'll just have to see how things go from here. If I can maintain this level of working time, then there is a very good chance I could finish it by then. But no promises in this business. Especially with all that I have on my plate already. So, hang in there... it's coming along and shouldn't be much longer!

That's it for now... whew! Thanks for reading all that ;)
Love you all!
...Fire

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
I'll post this also in the Serenity thread since it mostly relates to that game. But posting here for the Last Human devlog part of it...

Hello everyone. This is a long but important post. So please push through it...

I have finally passed the halfway point rendering the LH update. During this time, I have given thought to how I will proceed with Serenity. As you all know, I scrapped the episode 3 I had written for Serenity C2. It was getting way too messy. It is beginning to move into a direction that will put it further away from the original idea for the story. Part of the problem is I went way overboard bringing in characters. Most of them were just supposed to be guests but I never really wrote them out. Completely my fault. Sometimes I like a character so much I want to write more for them. But the only thing I've managed to do here is alienate some of the main characters in the process. Getting to the point... I need to cut some of these characters loose.

Let's begin by listing all of the girls we've seen in Serenity so far, and I will categorize them as I see them:

Main Love Interests:
  • Rin
  • Lena
  • Jasmine
  • Kat
  • Morgan
  • Trixy
Secondary Love Interests:
  • Trina
  • Samantha
  • Cassie
  • Fade
  • Shade
  • Mia
Guests:
  • Cinn
  • Melody
  • Celeste
  • Triss
  • Marissa
  • Morgana
  • Judy
  • Lili
Remain for story:
  • Camilla
  • Mom (Karen)
There are almost twice the characters I had originally planned for Serenity. And I know some people really liked some of those guest girls. But unfortunately, all of the girls listed under guests will be leaving Serenity (with some minor exceptions). This of course doesn't mean we will never see them again. And yes, Lili is in that list.

Lili: Speaking of her... I've already discussed her with Cryoxx (the developer for Oppai Odyssey - he, or more accurately, his wife created Lili). I loved Lili in OO and when her part ended, I asked for her. But I also only planned for her to be a temporary part of Serenity (she has a part to play in keeping that world going). But once her work is finished, she will choose to return to her world as Karen (Mom) has found a way to do so. Moving on to Cinn from that list...

Cinnamon: was inspired/created from a real person who has followed me from my humble beginnings. She definitely won't go away permanently. Her part will not change. She appears occasionally for certain things, and I don't plan to change that.

Melody: I added Melody with permission from MrDots. Melody was one of the first AVN's I ever played and I loved it. So she will always hold a special place in my heart. But she will return to Seaside, her own world.

Celeste: I added Celeste with permission from Glacerose. She is from his original HS1 game: Sylphia Island. The game was never finished. But it had amazing potential. Unfortunately, he opted to start over in Daz. His original remake of those girls in Daz were excellent. But he kept changing them until they really weren't those same girls anymore. Anyway, she was my favorite character from his game. She will return to Sylphia Island (the original one) after MC reminds her of (the MC she left in SI). Of course, this is Celeste and her tsundere way of dealing with the MC will come into play here.

Triss: I know I know! Triss is super cute and has a lot of fans out there. Especially after her transformation to Neko. Triss isn't leaving the story completely. But she will return to Earth as a dream writer... our 'eyes and ears' on the ground. And we'll be checking in with her from time to time. Of course, there will be 'fun time' with her too.

Marissa: Our sexy battle-droid will also take a back seat, but not completely go away. We'll see MC visit her now and then and there will be more battles with her in the arena with the other girls (as we saw with Rin).

Morgana: Although a guest in Serenity, Morgana actually is a part of my original story. But she will ultimately return to Earth with Triss. I won't give away too much here because her story does continue. Remember that when her and MC touch, both begin to orgasm almost uncontrollably. That arc will continue for now. We'll definitely see some fun time with her before her return to earth.

Judy: Finally Judy. Like Cinn (and Trixy), she was also modeled after a real girl, another faithful follower from my beginnings with Serenity. When I say "modeled after", I mean like taking a photo of that person and trying my best to make a character look like her. Anyway, you may remember Judy as the cop girl who found Lili and took her in back on earth. She is already a character with little content, but she may have a part to play on earth again.

Now let's talk about some of the others... the 'secondary love interests' and family members. Cammie is already sort of taking a back seat for a little while since she is off building her own world. But she will never leave the story. We will definitely see her again. Following her was of course Shade, Samantha, and Cassie. So we probably won't see them for a few episodes also. But all remain in the story. As for Mom, I debated over and over in my head whether she should remain. Honestly, he wasn't supposed to save her at the ascension (when MC ascended to the God of dreams and wishes). But my heart wouldn't let her go. She is like the glue that keeps everyone together. After mulling it over and over, I remembered that Mom is now mortal and can no longer wield the fade. So she will begin to age normally again. It's true, I could write a way for MC to keep her alive. But I never wrote anything else for her honestly beyond the ascension. Everything with her after that was 'added' to give her a part to play.

I think Mom will also return to earth, age gracefully, and be visited regularly by MC and the rest of the dream writer team. Will I kill her off? HELL NO. She does have fade inside her which will cause her to outlive most mortals. Besides, she already died once and I think that was emotional enough for most people because the situation was so relatable for so many, including myself. The whole dream sequence where MC is forced to watch all of that happen again was a hard scene and I really don't want to do that again. It was difficult for me because you have no idea how close that is to reality for me personally. The music and the scene itself still nearly makes me cry when I rewatch it. I've reused some songs throughout Serenity, but I'll never reuse that music again. I mean, I love the music, it was perfect for the scene. But too sad to use it again.
Trixy: Of all the characters in Serenity, besides Lena, Trixy is my favorite girl. I love the way she looks and I love her speed and how edgy she is. She is a permanent character in Serenity. I just love writing her parts. And there will be more of her to come.

Mia: Trixy's sister was created from the template I used to create Trixy. Trixy was created from a photo also (of yet another good friend who has followed me since the beginning). I wanted her to have a little sister... and so we have Mia. Mia will remain because I like her a lot and want to write more with her.

Trina: I debated quite a bit on whether to send Trina back to earth or keep her in Serenity. I decided that she will probably go to earth with Mom as her watcher who can use fade, protect her, and instantly contact us if she is in need or in danger. We will of course continue to see Trina in that new role.

The rest of the cast remain of course, for obvious reasons. I realize that I can't please everyone, and some will even be pissed that some of these characters will be leaving. In the end, I have to do what I feel is necessary to get Serenity back on track. The way episode 2 ended feels a lot like something pretty bad is going to happen. And honestly, I wish I could rewrite that also, but I think I know how I will write myself out of the situation without screwing around with what is already there and causing confusion for you guys. Episode 3 is going to start down a path of change, while also dealing with events from episode 2 the best way I can. So, bear with me!

As for Serenity development, once Last Human episode 3 is released, I plan to take at least one week off from all development to gather myself, go outside, and get some exercise. Spend some time with my family, and let my creative juices reset. After my break, I will do 2 updates to Serenity (episode 3 and then episode 4) before I move on to Last Human episode 4. I think Serenity fans deserve that after this very long wait.

The Last Human update is more than half way rendered now and I have been able to get a lot more time to work on it. I don't know if the release will make the end of the month or not to be honest. I would love to finish it by then though. We'll just have to see how things go from here. If I can maintain this level of working time, then there is a very good chance I could finish it by then. But no promises in this business. Especially with all that I have on my plate already. So, hang in there... it's coming along and shouldn't be much longer!

That's it for now... whew! Thanks for reading all that ;)
Love you all!
...Fire
Nor pissed but damn dosent it hurt to lose some of the cameos

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes