4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I'm reading through the new update right now. I noticed that if music is playing, and you scroll back through the text, the music stops and it doesn't start again even when you continue reading new text. I don't really know anything about Ren'py but is there a way to make the music keep playing while reversing the text?
The way music works in Ren'Py is that a trigger in the script code starts it playing, and it plays until it reaches a code trigger that stops it. When you roll back, Ren'Py automatically stops the sound/music that is currently playing, and it does not restart it unless you cross that music start trigger in the code again. So if you roll back while musc is playing, but you do not roll back past where the msuic started playing, the music will not restart/resume, and you'll have to wait until you cross the next music start trigger in the code. (Note that this is fundamental to the default way of handling sound in Ren'Py, it's not something new that N2thefire has done unique to this game.)

Reactions: Twistty
Sep 26, 2021
The way music works in Ren'Py is that a trigger in the script code starts it playing, and it plays until it reaches a code trigger that stops it. When you roll back, Ren'Py automatically stops the sound/music that is currently playing, and it does not restart it unless you cross that music start trigger in the code again. So if you roll back while musc is playing, but you do not roll back past where the msuic started playing, the music will not restart/resume, and you'll have to wait until you cross the next music start trigger in the code. (Note that this is fundamental to the default way of handling sound in Ren'Py, it's not something new that N2thefire has done unique to this game.)
I skipped through a bit of LH episode 2 and none of the music cuts off during rollback until I get to episode 3. Even some of the music in episode 3 that I read after I made my post does not cut off during rollback. So, there must be a way to specify that music should continue playing during rollback. Or music's default behavior is to continue playing during rollback, and a bug is causing some tracks to cut off. I'm not sure which is the case.

After I made my post I realized that I haven't ever actually seen this happen in a Ren'py game before. The only time I've observed music get cut off during rollback is if I scroll past its start point.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I skipped through a bit of LH episode 2 and none of the music cuts off during rollback until I get to episode 3. Even some of the music in episode 3 that I read after I made my post does not cut off during rollback. So, there must be a way to specify that music should continue playing during rollback. Or music's default behavior is to continue playing during rollback, and a bug is causing some tracks to cut off. I'm not sure which is the case.

After I made my post I realized that I haven't ever actually seen this happen in a Ren'py game before. The only time I've observed music get cut off during rollback is if I scroll past its start point.
I think this is happening with the tracks where I used the 'noloop' attribute. I'll edit that and rebuild for the public release. I was hoping to start moving away from looping but I guess the way I was doing it all this time was the best way.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Now released to Fade Visitor tier...

Dream Angel-$50, Fade Crown-$25, & Fade Defender-$15 - Wednesday 11, Oct. 2023

Fade Goddess-$10 & Fade Angel-$5 - Friday 13, Oct. 2023

Fade Visitor-$2 - Sunday 15, Oct. 2023 (TODAY)

Public (Free) - Tuesday 17, Oct. 2023

Download Post Here: (Post will be released to each tier as listed above)

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019

Here we are at last my friends... the next update to Last Human adds Episode 3. I hope you enjoy it :)

Download Links (MEGA):

Windows: (1.79gb)

Mac: (1.77gb)

Android: (1.80gb)

Release Notes:
Animations: 13
Music Tracks: 16
Lines of code: 3009

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
LastHuman-0.6a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
wooooowwwwww ..... i missed this so much i'm glad you gave us this update ... your games are so freaking awesome .... i couldn't begin to tell you how many time i've played thru them :love:

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Humundus

Jul 14, 2018
My lord this is excellent stuff. I was one of those people heartbroken by the ending of Mass Effect 3 and this has that little bit of space magic in it.

Mark11779

Feb 2, 2022
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
LastHuman 0.6a
Tue Oct 17 05:35:49 2023

Reactions: Twistty

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\LastHuman-0.6a-pc (1)\LastHuman-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
LastHuman 0.6a
Tue Oct 17 05:35:49 2023
Not sure why you're getting that (no one else is). Are you using a mod or something?

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes