VN Ren'Py Law School [Ep.1] [MisterMaya]

4.20 star(s) 22 Votes

Moon Blaster

Oct 3, 2023
Played the first game of MisterMaya , never finished that game because not only did the story become boring to me but also the file size of that game was insane , and made it hard to download specially under slow internet.
Really hope the same doesn't happen to this one.

As for Law School , good first episode , good renders , good story , the sex scenes weren't as good but to be honest that is not what matters the most to me in a Visual Novel , being it an adult one or a non adult one.
That cliffhanger at the end should have been illegal tho , really was hoping for MC team to win and now i have to wait to know the verdict.
I would rate first episode an 8/10 as my only complaints are:
1 - Too much text when explaining the college rules and how the college works ,
2 - The animations could have been better ( there is a dancing animation that looks a bit weird )
3- Illegal Cliffhanger
Great start for a VN , hope its able to keep that up.

Feb 25, 2024
Rather fast for such whopping chapters. I assume the later updates took longer because of branching?
That's right, the branches and decisions within the episode itself. However, the first episode of Law School is already almost as big as his previous project. To give you an idea, the final chapter of the previous project had 1873 renders and 81 animations. Law School, just in this first chapter, has 3000 renders and 71 animations.

Reactions: Jafo

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
That's right, the branches and decisions within the episode itself. However, the first episode of Law School is already almost as big as his previous project. To give you an idea, the final chapter of the previous project had 1873 renders and 81 animations. Law School, just in this first chapter, has 3000 renders and 71 animations.
Can you help me more. I know what rendercount is. But how do you find out how many renders a game or an update have or has?

Feb 25, 2024
Can you help me more. I know what rendercount is. But how do you find out how many renders a game or an update have or has?
Usually, the developer provides these numbers on Patreon, and the ones I mentioned are listed there.

1718728883047.png

Another way is to decompile the RPA file and check the number of images.

1718729085045.png

Reactions: Jafo

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
Super! Thanks a lot!

MisterMaya should make a $2 patreon. Than I would join him. But it is 1 or 3,90. His loss. I mostly go for the $2 support

salamista

Sep 27, 2023
Episode 1 - December 2021
Episode 2 - March 2022
Episode 3 - June 2022
Episode 4 (Final) - June 2023
Rather fast for such whopping chapters. I assume the later updates took longer because of branching?
As much as I would like to, I think expecting the same rate of updates for this project is unrealistic. If you go through MisterMaya's Patreon, the first chapter was tracked in 26 weekly updates. Then an extra month from the last update to release.
If chapter 2 comes out sooner than six months, I'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Batore99

Aug 7, 2022
for real, i admire the fact this dev knows how to write his characters and put some good humour. The characters arent empty or simple. Most of them have context, history,purpose. They actually agreggate in some way.

his last game had a character i liked a lot but i forgot her name, its the blonde short hair

in this game he did a likeable mc, surrounded by good friends and we even have a rival(male and female)

im looking forward for this game and hope this dev/game growns even more

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
lol still playing the Ch 1 slowly probably will finish later today. Conversations with Miranda always makes me think if we have sex with her does that mean Sienna is gonna be there to watch and translate so the sex scene isn't a silent one haha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I know pretty messed up to think since Miranda is a mute but can't help think it since I don't think ive seen a silent scene before / one without dialogue in a AVN haha.

• Haha
Reactions: flaviopaganini

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
As much as I would like to, I think expecting the same rate of updates for this project is unrealistic. If you go through MisterMaya's Patreon, the first chapter was tracked in 26 weekly updates. Then an extra month from the last update to release.
If chapter 2 comes out sooner than six months, I'll be very pleasantly surprised.
I was just curious........

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Super! Thanks a lot!

MisterMaya should make a $2 patreon. Than I would join him. But it is 1 or 3,90. His loss. I mostly go for the $2 support
well he doesn't get much money from 1-2 bucks support and bit more on 5 bucks after patreon cut etc. 1 dev once explained that but that was long ago.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
MisterMaya sorry for tagging you not sure if this been mentioned to you already. I didn't kiss Taylor on one of my saves but the dialogue when talking to Will says I did. Just a small minor issue but figure id bring it to your attention if you are unaware of it.

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
MisterMaya sorry for tagging you not sure if this been mentioned to you already. I didn't kiss Taylor on one of my saves but the dialogue when talking to Will says I did. Just a small minor issue but figure id bring it to your attention if you are unaware of it.
Yeah. If you don't kiss her, MC says we may have kissed. If you do kiss her, MC says we may have kissed. Either a bad link or Dev was just using the same dialogue putting the 'might of' to cover both paths.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Should you want official records about what happened ..

wait until someone runs the investigation, takes witness testimony and delivers a judgemnent about what might have happened and then, only then, the result of all those proceedings gets put into public records and you can go read them

... MC is free to say and do what he wants .. sometimes we get to choose one or the other of his thoughts, sometimes we do not ... this time, we did not.
Clearly you didn't understand my post as that was never an issue to begin with. As it feels like a bug but when the player choices not to kiss her. However that is up to the dev to decide if it is a issue or not but I can see how it can be used for both scenario's still feels weird to me but like I said it's a small issue not a big deal.

Yeah. If you don't kiss her, MC says we may have kissed. If you do kiss her, MC says we may have kissed. Either a bad link or Dev was just using the same dialogue putting the 'might of' to cover both paths.
Thank you I think you are right I guess I blanked on the word May for some reason. I cansee it being used for both scenario's after your reply now. It still feels a bit weird to say it if it isn't true to me since it's a lie but maybe the MC wanted to show off a bit to Will even if nothing happened.

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Clearly you didn't understand my post as that was never an issue to begin with. As it feels like a bug but when the player choices not to kiss her. However that is up to the dev to decide if it is a issue or not but I can see how it can be used for both scenario's still feels weird to me but like I said it's a small issue not a big deal.

Thank you I think you are right I guess I blanked on the word May for some reason. I cansee it being used for both scenario's after your reply now. It still feels a bit weird to say it if it isn't true to me since it's a lie but maybe the MC wanted to show off a bit to Will even if nothing happened.
You're not the only one. It felt odd to me on Taylor path and on other paths too. But I've seen a lot worse, :ROFLMAO: so I just shrugged and moved on.

Feb 25, 2024
Can anyone share or tell what is in the latest progress update?
Hello everyone,

This past week has been a bit slower than I would have liked due to having to socialize more than usual because of birthdays and such. Consequently, I didn't get as much work done as I wanted, but I still made decent progress. I've started working on a complex and large scene for DAY 2, which I managed to finish yesterday. It was particularly challenging due to intricate lighting and more scenes than usual. But it's now behind me, and I can move on to other scenes.

I've also modified the first episode of Law School based on all the bug reports I received since its release, and I adapted certain dialogues. The updated version is already uploaded, so new players will receive the corrected version. There was a sentence from me in the released version addressing the proofreaders, which I missed! I mean, can you believe it?

Now, back to Law School episode 2. The huge scene I mentioned features the first animation of the episode. There will be more animations in DAY 1, but I haven't created them yet since I postponed its creation. I'm very happy about this animation because it’s a significant one, featuring a new lip sync feature. I found a plugin that works remarkably well, allowing you to see the characters say the words. I probably won’t add voices when using lip sync due to negative feedback. But now that I have access to this feature, I’m excited to create more "transition animations." I’m currently working on one right now, following the previous lip-sync scene.

Here are the numbers:

- 185 story statics

- 2 animations

- 4 scenes fully written

Yes, I have added the animation I'm working on right now because it's almost finished. Other than that, it's not bad, but I wish I could have produced more renders last week. My goal is to aim for at least 150 renders per week from now on. However, I'll be away for 5 days next week, so I'll miss this target in the first week. But that’s okay; there’s plenty of time to adjust afterwards.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
okay now I see why people were a bit bummed out about Lana's hair change. Going to take time to get used to it still looks good but wish it was a lighter blonde and it was a bit longer. Honestly tho it totally makes sense for her to change it .

Edit

Okay this dialogue bug made me laugh

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It's impossible to have an intelligent conversation when your whole reasoning is "It's the way of the beast" and "unless you're dead, those thoughts will always cross your mind."

The reason why I called you a pedo is because by saying that such thoughts will always cross your mind, you're implying that you aren't in control of your thoughts which means you're also having such thoughts to underage kids. If you aren't a pedo, then obviously you can turn off such thoughts. Thus, your whole opinion collapsed.

For something that is more neutral, it's a fact that asexual people exist. They (not interested in sex) are on one end while you (without being able to turn off such thoughts) are on the other end. It's fairly obvious and non-controversial that there are people in between the two.

Seriously, I read these posts and you calling him a pedo due to his comments just completely devalued your opinion for me.
There is literally NO connection between saying there will always be thoughts about what could be sexually, even with long-time friends of the opposite gender, and having sexual thoughts about children. None.
That you think it's okay to insult him like that so casually, just because you don't like his opinion, is, frankly speaking, disgusting.
And fyi, no, his argumentation wouldn't actually relate to children in any way, because instinctually we are programmed to want to protect and care for children, that's why we think kids, kittens and puppies look cute, a sexually normal heterosexual person wouldn't see children sexually even on an instinctual level, because they are not yet ready for procreation.

When he says "way of the beast" what does he mean? That we will assault every attractive women we see? No, of course not.
But we are instinctual creatures, in fact there is a school of thought that most if not all our decisions are really based on instinct and all our logic and reasoning, all our morals, that it's all just there to rationalize what we already instinctually want to do.
Does that mean we will always act on those impulses, does that mean we will look at our female bestie and constantly think about boning her? OF COURSE NOT!
But like Dark Silence wrote, there will inadvertently come a moment where you look at a friend as a potential sexual partner, it might just be an instant and then gone, and it will happen. And yes, most people probably also had these moments with attractive family members once or twice. Again, that doesn't mean you are into incest or want to simply fuck everything around, this stuff is sort of a biological reaction to what we evolutionary see as a promising partner to create offspring with, biology doesn't take friendship or family relations into account, it is a reaction to purely physical things.

You never had a moment with a female friend when she had a nice cleavage going and for a fleeting second you wondered how her breasts would look naked, that they are probably great? If your answer is no, then yes, you are probably either dishonest or, as you pointed out, asexual.
And from a biological pov asexuality is an abnormality, it goes directly contrary to what we are supposed to be on a purely physical level. That doesn't mean I have a problem with asexual people, they just are what they are, but biologically they are an outlier and not normal.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Seriously, I read these posts and you calling him a pedo due to his comments just completely devalued your opinion for me.
There is literally NO connection between saying there will always be thoughts about what could be sexually, even with long-time friends of the opposite gender, and having sexual thoughts about children. None.
Yes, I called him a pedo, but that is the conclusion that we can draw from what he said himself. Yes, there is a connection because specifically what he said:
1. Friends will wonder what it's like to be with each other. It's the way of the beast. It might only be a fleetin thought, but it doesn't matter, it happens.
2. Hell, when a guy gets to that age where he starts lookin at girls differently than they did when they were little, even if it's just a quick flash in your brain, we even have that momentary thought about family members. Anyone who says it doesn't, is a liar. It's a natural thing.
3. So, while friendzoned/platonic relationships exist, unless you're dead, those thoughts will always cross your mind.

In all those part, there is certainty on it. So here's a simple question, if he is not a pedo, wouldn't that mean the thoughts can be controlled?

That you think it's okay to insult him like that so casually, just because you don't like his opinion, is, frankly speaking, disgusting.
It's honestly nothing personal against him. It is very extreme thing to say obviously, and to be honest I regreted saying it, but it is the most straight forward method to disprove what he said. I don't believe "it happens" no matter what. I don't believe "it's a natural thing" that we have no control over. I don't believe "those thoughts will always cross your mind" as if we have no choice. He believes that. If he believes that, what's to say that he doesn't have such thoughts to children? Do I think he's really a pedo? No. Do I think he's wrong? Yes.

And fyi, no, his argumentation wouldn't actually relate to children in any way, because instinctually we are programmed to want to protect and care for children, that's why we think kids, kittens and puppies look cute, a sexually normal heterosexual person wouldn't see children sexually even on an instinctual level, because they are not yet ready for procreation.
But the fact that pedophile exists proved that instinct can be broken. That's my whole point to disprove what he said.

But we are instinctual creatures, in fact there is a school of thought that most if not all our decisions are really based on instinct and all our logic and reasoning, all our morals, that it's all just there to rationalize what we already instinctually want to do.
That is school of bullshit thought. If humans really act just based on instict, then all humans would behave the same, but it's factual that humans don't behave the same even when in the same situation. It's the logic, reasoning, moral, etc that make us different than animals that solely rely on instinct.

But like Dark Silence wrote, there will inadvertently come a moment where you look at a friend as a potential sexual partner, it might just be an instant and then gone, and it will happen. And yes, most people probably also had these moments with attractive family members once or twice. Again, that doesn't mean you are into incest or want to simply fuck everything around, this stuff is sort of a biological reaction to what we evolutionary see as a promising partner to create offspring with, biology doesn't take friendship or family relations into account, it is a reaction to purely physical things.
In here, you basically agreed with me. That such thought is not for just every opposite sex friend like they said. It's only for those you consider as promising partner to create offspring with.

You never had a moment with a female friend when she had a nice cleavage going and for a fleeting second you wondered how her breasts would look naked, that they are probably great? If your answer is no, then yes, you are probably either dishonest or, as you pointed out, asexual.
Thank you for completely missing the point. My point is never to deny the existence of such experience. My point is always to disagree with the notion that such experience always happens. They are two very different things. To answer your question, yes it has happened to me, but no, it doesn't always happen to every female friend with nice cleavage.

So here is my question to you in return, do you believe every man behaves the same as you?

4.20 star(s) 22 Votes