VN Ren'Py Law School [Ep.1] [MisterMaya]

4.20 star(s) 24 Votes

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
Just got round to trying this one out after it's been sitting in my "test" queue for a while. I enjoyed the first episode, and there are a whole bunch of beautiful characters. I like how this is a different (specific) setting to what I've seen in other games, and the story elements that gives us help to set it aside from the crowd a bit. I also appreciate how (as much as I'd like to) I've not had lewds of all the characters. It's good when a game can hold attention without the need to dive straight in to sex scenes, it's all about making it a bit more "natural" while keeping the right balance, and I think this one does well there in the opening.

Also, I see some familiar names in the last page or so of the thread, there are some members here with good taste, so I feel in good company!

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Just got round to trying this one out after it's been sitting in my "test" queue for a while. I enjoyed the first episode, and there are a whole bunch of beautiful characters. I like how this is a different (specific) setting to what I've seen in other games, and the story elements that gives us help to set it aside from the crowd a bit. I also appreciate how (as much as I'd like to) I've not had lewds of all the characters. It's good when a game can hold attention without the need to dive straight in to sex scenes, it's all about making it a bit more "natural" while keeping the right balance, and I think this one does well there in the opening.

Also, I see some familiar names in the last page or so of the thread, there are some members here with good taste, so I feel in good company!
Welcome buddy. There is lots of beautiful characters in this one. I'm still having trouble deciding my favorite and currently doing paths for 5 of the 6 LIs. :)

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
Welcome buddy. There is lots of beautiful characters in this one. I'm still having trouble deciding my favorite and currently doing paths for 5 of the 6 LIs. :)
No surprise there, my friend! I haven't seen (haven't looked) for an "LI list" - or is the number just from your own estimation? For me, I think Taylor and Miranda might be my early favourites, but there are a few really close behind them, and Rose gets extra points in that because of the situation, too.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
No surprise there, my friend! I haven't seen (haven't looked) for an "LI list" - or is the number just from your own estimation? For me, I think Taylor and Miranda might be my early favourites, but there are a few really close behind them, and Rose gets extra points in that because of the situation, too.
Dev said there was 6. General consensus appears to be that 5 of them are Taylor, Miranda, Elsa, Olive, Aurora, and then debate over whether the other is Rose or Lana (I lean towards it being Rose). Personally, I'm not interested in either of them, but Taylor, Elsa, Miranda & Olive have all caught my eye. ;) Also interested in seeing where Aurora goes from here (could go either way for me).

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
Dev said there was 6. General consensus appears to be that 5 of them are Taylor, Miranda, Elsa, Olive, Aurora, and then debate over whether the other is Rose or Lana (I lean towards it being Rose). Personally, I'm not interested in either of them, but Taylor, Elsa, Miranda & Olive have all caught my eye. ;) Also interested in seeing where Aurora goes from here (could go either way for me).
Yeah, you can make arguments for a fair few in the early stages, but I suspect a bunch of those will end up as side girls instead. Olive and Elsa are definitely two of those just outside the top spot for me, and Aurora is rather easy on the eye too. Rose would be an interesting one, as you either go with finding something with your childhood best friend, which can be great, or having the childhood friend remain just that, which is probably quite unusual, and therefore something else to set the game apart. Lana... I prefer with her original hair, but she's really nice too. Just not as nice (in the looks department) as those others.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Yeah, you can make arguments for a fair few in the early stages, but I suspect a bunch of those will end up as side girls instead. Olive and Elsa are definitely two of those just outside the top spot for me, and Aurora is rather easy on the eye too. Rose would be an interesting one, as you either go with finding something with your childhood best friend, which can be great, or having the childhood friend remain just that, which is probably quite unusual, and therefore something else to set the game apart. Lana... I prefer with her original hair, but she's really nice too. Just not as nice (in the looks department) as those others.
Haha, there was a big outcry about Lana's new hair, so Dev has changed it and will be like this in future.

lana_haircolor.png

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: mintymuz

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
Okay, I'm done with my preliminary ratings. Please nobody hate me, these are just my own opinions based on my tastes and what I've seen so far!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
General notes: I only selected those I can see some time potentially being spent with, though there are a couple of others I should add as well; these are my ratings based solely on looks and are subject to change as I see more of the girls; most girls will always fall between tiers 2 and 4, all LIs are generally considered good-looking, so a low tier is not me saying she is ugly—Tier 4 is "Hot" and Tier 2 is usually the top tier; I have another, Tier 1, that is rarely used and is for those who would normally be in Tier 2 but just have that little something extra that puts them in a league of their own—there are a couple of girls here who have the potential to make it into that tier already, which is unusual.

Also, a random note based on just looking at these images all together... where are all the true blondes? (i.e., regular blonde hair rather than dirty or strawberry blonde, or blonde dyed a different colour, like I think the twins may be...)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Milton749

CrumblePi

Jun 15, 2023
Law School Episode 2 - Progress update #8

Hello everyone,
Apologies for the delay with the update. I was really tired yesterday and went to bed very early.
Last week has been pretty good. I've covered multiple aspects of the game, which kept me from feeling bored. I even did some writing at a coffeeshop, which was a nice change of scenery from my bedroom. I also created some 3D scenes and hosted a small AMA event on Discord. I had quite a few questions to answer, mostly about my workflow, and I enjoyed sharing more insights. If you haven't checked it out yet,
In good news, all the animations I had queued are now rendered. I created one this morning, but I'll be rendering all the static images I have in stock first over the next few days. I have a lot queued and want to see how the scenes I created look.
Regarding the rig upgrade situation, last week I mentioned I was planning to get a third rig to improve my rendering capacity. However, after a conversation with Fooxied, the dev of , I realized my settings in the software I use were probably set too high. Some details I emphasized could be added post-production in Photoshop.
So, I decided to adjust some quality settings and see how it affects the render quality. This should save me time. Additionally, I'm upgrading both my current computers to the latest or near-latest hardware. We concluded that my GPU was more bottlenecked by the CPU and motherboard than I thought. On my workstation, I'm limited by modeling power, and loading too many characters or big environments often causes crashes. Since I like realism in my scenes, upgrading my workstation made sense. I've ordered all the parts and should receive them before August 10th.
I'm excited about these upgrades and will share some images with you when they're done so you can see the results!
Now, let's talk about numbers:
- 609 story statics
- 17 animations
- 19 scenes fully written

As you can see, I was a little slow with the 3D progress, but I've been enjoying the week, which helps with my mood. Also, not trying to find excuses, but I'm on a new diet, eating only twice a day at 11am and 3pm, so I'm more tired than usual. I expect to feel better by early September when I'm back on a "more generous" diet.
That's it for today's progress update! I look forward to doing more, and in the meantime, I wish you all a great week.
MisterMaya

4.20 star(s) 24 Votes