ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1847664

Nothing too exciting to report this week, and that's always a good thing. It means I've spent most of the week rendering, and there have been no hiccups.

My work folders show 1,226 story renders, and 16,908 animated frames. I know it might be hard to see the amount of content by image numbers alone, but those numbers translate to (so far) more than 30 different scene locations, 44 animations, and 50 different variation endings. The current update size is 2,6GB with visuals alone.

Even if the amount of story renders at this time of development is slightly lower than some of the earlier chapters, in reality, this chapter is bigger even now before it's done. I've swayed away from the traditional 'cheat-renders', meaning there are no '47 different talk-and-listen expressions', blinking eyes and small variation renders. It's more work for me, but I think it works better for an ending chapter. So, it's a huge chapter even if you only play through it with one girl.

I've almost completed Lexi's romantic path (missing about 10 renders and 2 animations) and will be moving over to Holly and her situation afterward, which is the last girl before I dive into the main event, concluding the story.

So good progress this week, and I'm truly enjoying myself rendering, now that all the distractions are behind me.

Thank you for staying with me as we enter a new month. Have a nice weekend. Enjoy a cold one, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty
Oh goody, we get animation numbers again! In the last week Drifty has completed 82 story renders. In the last two weeks he's completed 1874 frames of animation, an average of ~937 frames per week. His overall average is currently ~53 story renders and 735 frames of animation per week since Chapter 7 launched. We also learned that the average animation has ~384 frames (around 16 seconds if he's using 24 fps), an interesting factoid. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We clearly have a bunch left to do, but it's hard to say exactly how much or how long it will take. Lexi's remaining material translates to something like 10 story renders and 770 frames, which would be about a week of work (with time for some additional stories to boot). He's been working on Lexi's path for two weeks now, so it will be ~3 weeks total. Holly's material is probably a little lighter (since I expect Lexi's path already includes Holly a bit), so call it maybe two weeks for her.

That suggests Drifty would begin work on the main event around the last week of June. I suspect it will be relatively heavy on the story renders instead of animations, but I have no idea how many (and if they involve lots of characters at once they may be unusually slow to render). Got to be at least a few weeks I'd guess. So we're probably looking at a late summer release (once we add in time for testing), but that's just an educated guess.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Give us your best Drifty, Once you do I'm going to blow your f-ing mind after I mod it with the elegant grace of new ideas and code honing I've done post Ch7. I'll always do you and fellow fans proud to the best of my ability. I'm reserving a new feature just for the next release that I won't hint at nor push in another title. It's so good I think even Canto Forte will be impressed since he only appeared to be so-so after having a dedicated gallery scene named in his honor wasn't enough... I got this. Regards y'all.

Downbadguy95

May 28, 2022
Ok so I just installed the game and right out of the box, it gives us 3 choices to shape our personality : Flirty, Romantic and Athletic. So which is the better choice among the 3 making the dialogues or interaction with other characters more entertaining and smoother.

Last edited:

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
Ok so I just installed the game and right out of the box, it gives us 3 choices to shape our personality : Flirty, Romantic and Athletic. So which is the better choice among the 3 makes the dialogue or interaction with other characters more entertaining or smoother
Flirty is the best.
Although, you should pick whatever you like. Always do a blind playthrough on your first run.

Reactions: Downbadguy95

Downbadguy95

May 28, 2022
Flirty is the best.
Although, you should pick whatever you like. Always do a blind playthrough on your first run.
Yeah I was more on the notion of flirty too but the romantic one got me hesitant. Imma still go with flirty and see how it goes

Reactions: LizaS

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
canon might be romantic or athletic, given the MC history. but flirty will start you off better with the scene requirements. at least in the run i did.

ION0G0

May 10, 2021
Anyone have their favorite songs from the game?
Mine is the "I Already Love You" from the Lexi route.
I also like a couple of others but I'll have to check what their titles are

by the Talbott Brothers hits in the feels.

Here's some tunes from John Moreland, a master of heartache. I think these would be great in a story-driven VN.

Last edited:

ION0G0

May 10, 2021
So I haven't played this since chapter 5. I wanted to wait until there was some sort of clarity for Cece. I saw the heartache here after update 6 and I don't want to stew in it. Safe now?

Reactions: Grelk

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
So I haven't played this since chapter 5. I wanted to wait until there was some sort of clarity for Cece. I saw the heartache here after update 6 and I don't want to stew in it. Safe now?
Chapter 7 gave a lot of hope regarding Cece and it was really sweet. I would say it is safe now.

Reactions: Nurikabe and ION0G0

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021

Remember last week I said things were progressing fine and no hiccups? I probably jinxed it by saying that.
On Sunday I picked up a bit of a cold but decided to keep chipping on the renders. It worked fine for a while, but by Tuesday the fever got really bad. So, since then I've mostly been sleeping and watching documentaries on serial killers, which is what seems to be trending on Netflix these days. So now everybody is giving me weird looks whenever I'm close to a knife.

I still got a decent chunk of renders done and finished up a scene with Lexi that was awful to do. It's safe to say that you definitely get connected to your own characters after working with them for a few years. The current numbers are 1,280 story renders and 17,732 frames of animation.

So basically, the only girl remaining is Holly. After her, the main event, which means the sneak peek video isn't far away either.
Short update today, but still good progress despite me running on safe mode.
Have a nice weekend, and stay fever free out there.
// Drifty

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Remember last week I said things were progressing fine and no hiccups? I probably jinxed it by saying that.
On Sunday I picked up a bit of a cold but decided to keep chipping on the renders. It worked fine for a while, but by Tuesday the fever got really bad. So, since then I've mostly been sleeping and watching documentaries on serial killers, which is what seems to be trending on Netflix these days. So now everybody is giving me weird looks whenever I'm close to a knife.

I still got a decent chunk of renders done and finished up a scene with Lexi that was awful to do. It's safe to say that you definitely get connected to your own characters after working with them for a few years. The current numbers are 1,280 story renders and 17,732 frames of animation.

So basically, the only girl remaining is Holly. After her, the main event, which means the sneak peek video isn't far away either.
Short update today, but still good progress despite me running on safe mode.
Have a nice weekend, and stay fever free out there.
// Drifty
It looks like Drifty completed 54 story renders and 824 frames of animation. Overall, he's averaging 53 stories and 739 frames per week since Chapter 7 launched (roughly on par with his overall average for the last couple months). Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not a lot of change from last week. As anticipated, Lexi's path is now complete. We're down to Holly and then the main event. We still don't know exactly how long that will take, but it's probably in the 4-6 week range. So the release is probably in the mid July to early August range for the release, though it could take longer if the main event is particularly large and/or complicated.

Downbadguy95

May 28, 2022
So I'm at the part where Kira invites us to come in. Should I accept that or reject her ?

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 560 Votes