Rule97

May 2, 2018
Is this like the final final update or can we expect some additional content in the future? Not that I would mind but I mean the main game is finished?

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
I've completed Ch. 7 and didnt play since then. Had Sancho mod installed in case it's important. Today I installed Steam version, launched, had no saves. Thought "ok, I'll finish game from here, then will get the trophies". Launched game from here and..it also has no saves. Any ideas ? Thx.
The save location changes with the steam version so you might want to copy your old save files to the new location. This was mentioned in another post in this thread yesterday - you might want to look back for it. Old saves aren't guaranteed to work though, a lot of code in existing files was changed and renpy doesn't always cope well with that.
--Edit--
Actually, I found it for you - https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch-8-driftygames.48734/post-8947927

But... This is one of few VN's that I don't mind restarting. It's a loooong one but somehow the dev has managed to keep it from being tedious. All the date-able characters are likeable and there always seems to be something I missed on previous play throughs. I still have some females to chase, apparently!
For anyone who hasn't used it, Sancho1969's excellent mod is almost a requirement. It's very difficult to get the result you want without it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PunkHooligan

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Is this like the final final update or can we expect some additional content in the future? Not that I would mind but I mean the main game is finished?
Yeah, it's completed. And unless I'm forgetting something, he managed to do the scene player, the gallery and the music player liked he intended to, it wasn't a sure thing. The ending sold the next game, U4ia.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Rule97

4t4doruk

May 15, 2020
one of my all-time favourites it feels more than a game it touches your soul congrats man looking forward to ur new game

Blackheartz_

Formerly 'Blackheartz-NSFW'
Nov 18, 2020
There's no way to patch the issue bud. The newest SanchoMod helps eliminate it (~90% success rate). It's due to mostly 3 things: The VN is now on R8, all the music code was changed, all the conditional code was reformatted. You mix all that into a pot and you get one really pissed off RenPy.

If you don't want to install the mod (that's cool, I don't take it personal) then you can try this instead. It's not 100% and the mod does it better but it might get you sorted.
Okay so i just tried the Rollback Fixer and that didnt work. Now i am trying your mod and i am still getting the same error...do you have any other recommendations? or do you for chance have older saves from like chapter 6 or 7 that i can use because i really wasnt trying to play all the way from chapter 1 again especially when i have like 6-7 different saves for all the routes lol

PunkHooligan

Onion Ninja
Donor
Aug 10, 2020
The save location changes with the steam version so you might want to copy your old save files to the new location. This was mentioned in another post in this thread yesterday - you might want to look back for it. Old saves aren't guaranteed to work though, a lot of code in existing files was changed and renpy doesn't always cope well with that.
--Edit--
Actually, I found it for you - https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch-8-driftygames.48734/post-8947927

But... This is one of few VN's that I don't mind restarting. It's a loooong one but somehow the dev has managed to keep it from being tedious. All the date-able characters are likeable and there always seems to be something I missed on previous play throughs. I still have some females to chase, apparently!
For anyone who hasn't used it, Sancho1969's excellent mod is almost a requirement. It's very difficult to get the result you want without it.
Old saves don't appear because the save location changed

To fix it open \game\options.rpy

find line #156 define config.save_directory = "LeapofFaith-1574721269-steam"
and replace it with define config.save_directory = "LeapofFaith-1574721269"
Thx, but problem is I don't have options.rpy file. It's not in archive from here, it doesn't appear after quick, manual, auto save, changing preferences. Will try to figure it out.
The solution is here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch-8-driftygames.48734/post-8942290
Just copy paste your saves from LeapofFaith-1574721269-steam to LeapofFaith-1574721269.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay so i just tried the Rollback Fixer and that didnt work. Now i am trying your mod and i am still getting the same error...do you have any other recommendations? or do you for chance have older saves from like chapter 6 or 7 that i can use because i really wasnt trying to play all the way from chapter 1 again especially when i have like 6-7 different saves for all the routes lol
As I stated before: " Bottom line: not all saves are salvageable. "

You obviously have more than one save. I have over a hundred and the failure rate is under 10%. With that said just load a different save. I've done all I can from an add-on code standpoint to help folks. The issue is not my fault but I'm still trying to help.... BUT no matter what... not all saves are salvageable.

Dabigoh

Mar 1, 2020
I decided to start new playthrough (mostly just to see how different it is with the new music.... No surprise, the old music was better).

Anyway, I don't have a lot of time to play so I'm crawling my way through it. Just finished Chapter 5, which means the next time I play I'll be starting Chapter 6.... Wish me luck!

Blackheartz_

Formerly 'Blackheartz-NSFW'
Nov 18, 2020
Well, do I have a surprise coming for you in just a few minutes....
As I stated before: " Bottom line: not all saves are salvageable. "

You obviously have more than one save. I have over a hundred and the failure rate is under 10%. With that said just load a different save. I've done all I can from an add-on code standpoint to help folks. The issue is not my fault but I'm still trying to help.... BUT no matter what... not all saves are salvageable.
yeah and i tried all of them and none worked. maybe u can share some of yours? im trying to do all paths. if not, still thanks for the help.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
  • Do you long for the original music as it was in chapters 1 thru 7?
  • Do you wish to have them also available in the music player playlists?
  • Do you want to enjoy the VN the way Drifty originally intended the first Chapters?
Are you ready for:

SanchoMod SE OG Audio Edition

Something wicked is here...
LoF SM B04a9i.jpg

Go get you some.
(Please read the instructions in the mod's OP... please do that for the both of us)

You already know the features. I don't have to tell you.
Install whichever version of the mod you want for your experience.
You know the link, I'm not even going to put it in this post (just kiddin', click on the picture).
So, what are you waiting for? You know you want it so go get it.

Bonus - Includes SanchoTopGun in the Ch3 "Airport" scene.

You're welcome,
Sancho

Last edited:

Armysolo

Mar 9, 2019
Thx, but problem is I don't have options.rpy file. It's not in archive from here, it doesn't appear after quick, manual, auto save, changing preferences. Will try to figure it out.
The solution is here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch-8-driftygames.48734/post-8942290
Just copy paste your saves from LeapofFaith-1574721269-steam to LeapofFaith-1574721269.
Which I mentioned here
https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch-8-driftygames.48734/post-8947927
and corrected here
https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch-8-driftygames.48734/post-8961831

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
yeah and i tried all of them and none worked. maybe u can share some of yours? im trying to do all paths. if not, still thanks for the help.
The last thing I can think of to help. See a post I made here. If you are hell-bent on getting those that don't seem to work going then this will set you up for the best possible starting point before all the other "mod" fixes I've submitted.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
The dev gave us a nice music experience (w/sancho mod incl). Male and female singers with good mood matching tunes coordinated. I thought the time developing relations was confusing, single, harem, groups, lots of experiences which are good life following. Expect the artic silver is a resembling factor for the dev too. This game shows some life growth an desires vs love, maturing and choices, life is full of them. I even noticed reference to where one might go seeking their life long mates, and how some learned it wasn't the path they needed. The typical relationship and familiar tugs and pulls. The one where the female is about apologizing for o's prior to their partner, I felt odd personally. I have sent my partners over the edge multiple times, as I tell the doubtful, you know when every thing is wet including your legs and the bed when they go with multiples or massives. I just say switch to another focus and let them have another taste to remove some of that extra lube, it leaks out and you can change positions for another round of pleasant friction.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes