Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
dd_e.png

Leap of Faith SFW?

I've been keeping myself updated on your comments from last week's poll. Even though a #SFW rework of LoF was downvoted, I was honestly surprised by the interest in it.

I know that by having a vote that doesn't have a landslide victory, I've set myself up to upsetting either end by trying to satisfy either those for or against, but I'll have a quick look at converting LoF to SFW by simply removing NSFW content. If this is something I can do by not causing u4ia a significant delay I'll give it a go. By that, I mean a few days, not weeks.

I also think I made myself misunderstood, as this is not something I'm looking into for financial gain. These last few years I've learned from the countless messages I have received, that LoF has had a positive impact on so many. If just one person reads an SFW LoF version and connects with Cece as so many other has, I'd see that as a win.

Progress

My render rig has been going through a lot of animations this week, and has now started working its way through the story renders. I'm at 1,225 story renders and 11,074 frames of animation.

The girl below is the first Genesis 9 figure I've been working with, and I've been having a blast. As you can see, it's an improvement to the current Genesis 8.1 that most of us are using, and the main goal is to convert every character in the story to Genesis 9 as the story progresses, and more Genesis 9 3d assets are being made available.

I also spent a day making sure the financial rapport for 2022 is done, as it's not something I want to spend any time on during tax season when I most likely will have my hands full with the release or testing. It also allowed me to set a budget for the music. U4ia, episode 1, has the same music budget as the completed version of Leap of Faith.

Next week, I'll continue the rendering and start the huge job of contacting musicians. I have a list of songs I want to use, and one of them is from a more mainstream artist. Would love to see that song in the game, or at least in the trailer.

As Porky Pig would say; That's all folks. Have yourself a wonderful weekend, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty

4K Render:

night2_4k.png

yagonew

Feb 1, 2020
Knew I shouldn't have played Cece path first, ruined all other paths for me. The part where she gets on the bus and leaves made Lexi's and Holly's ending feel bittersweet af. Maybe some day in the future I'll play it back for the others when I'm not so emotionally invested in that one ending, which was fkn great btw.

• Sad
Reactions: Elhemeer

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
I have to admit now that the investment that people seem to have with Cece is becoming more intriguing. It leads me to wonder what people here consider to be the best or "happy" ending. If I was going to guess based on the little I know of you all so far I would guess that the ending with Cece and the MC together and her pregnant would top your lists. I find this interesting because then the happiness of the single character becomes more important than the overall group. The MC can be disregarded because he finishes happy no matter what, but the only ending where all characters are moving forward on a positive note is the Lexi/Holly ending. A Lexi solo or Holly solo leaves somebody and anything where Lexi isn't invomved leaves her sad and disappointed but putting a good face on it.

So, in an objective sense tbe "happy" ending should be the one that makes the most people happy, which would be the Lexi/Holly ending, and in most games that would be the case to but not here, I don't think. It's interesting.

yagonew

Feb 1, 2020
I have to admit now that the investment that people seem to have with Cece is becoming more intriguing. It leads me to wonder what people here consider to be the best or "happy" ending. If I was going to guess based on the little I know of you all so far I would guess that the ending with Cece and the MC together and her pregnant would top your lists. I find this interesting because then the happiness of the single character becomes more important than the overall group. The MC can be disregarded because he finishes happy no matter what, but the only ending where all characters are moving forward on a positive note is the Lexi/Holly ending. A Lexi solo or Holly solo leaves somebody and anything where Lexi isn't invomved leaves her sad and disappointed but putting a good face on it.

So, in an objective sense tbe "happy" ending should be the one that makes the most people happy, which would be the Lexi/Holly ending, and in most games that would be the case to but not here, I don't think. It's interesting.
Interestingl enough tho, my Cece ending was the least selfish one (actually the reason I loved it so much). Lexi + Holly = MC dirty secret, on my Cece run, Lexi ends up with Holly exactly the same, Linda ends up with Chris as it will ALWAYS be regardless of how many times I come back to this game, and Kira is still Robin's Batman as it should be too. The only character that ended up alone was Double O Steph (Couldn't care less.)

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
Interestingl enough tho, my Cece ending was the least selfish one (actually the reason I loved it so much). Lexi + Holly = MC dirty secret, on my Cece run, Lexi ends up with Holly exactly the same, Linda ends up with Chris as it will ALWAYS be regardless of how many times I come back to this game, and Kira is still Robin's Batman as it should be too. The only character that ended up alone was Double O Steph (Couldn't care less.)
Chris can't end up with Linda if you do. :p

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
Nope. Never going there. Linda is locked in Friendzone hell 4eva.
C'mon, Linda needs love too....And she wants love..A lot of love. Often. Just play her path and see... You know you want to... Never mind Cece. She'll be fine.... Just like the other times. But Linda will be so much better if you just take her for a spin... So much spinning.... :love:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
also sfw version of lof? while game would work as sfw it'd feel dumb since many scenes are sexual related like lexi and holly on yacht etc.

yagonew

Feb 1, 2020
If a game/song/book/movie/show can easily be shrugged off and fails to make you care about something, anything in it to the point were you keep thinking about it after it ends, in my opinion, they have completely failed their purpose. "just a ..." is slang for souless waste of time. //endsermon xD
C'mon, Linda needs love too....And she wants love..A lot of love. Often. Just play her path and see... You know you want to... Never mind Cece. She'll be fine.... Just like the other times. But Linda will be so much better if you just take her for a spin... So much spinning.... :love:
DONT. TEMPT. ME. FRODO BAGGINS!

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020

It's really buging you, right? :)
Well, and since they all have feelings for the Mc, in the end you can't make them all happy anyway. No harem ending, here. And as in life, you can try to assess what the collateral damage will be the least important, by choosing path "A", rather than path B C or D, you still leave B, C, and D behind. So path A would be the one that makes B,C, and D less unhappy hoping that A is fully satisfied. This is typically altruistic reasoning, and very nice in theory, but completely flawed when it comes to feelings. The Mc is happy whatever path YOU choose, so if you choose according to this principle of fairness, it makes YOU, the player, the fifth wheel of the carriage. But looking more broadly, I think you're right about that. Why this craze for Cece? Probably we can feel the duty to help her and be by her side. Leaving her behind can cause feelings of guilt because she seems the most vulnerable.
There's also Linda who's really been in love with the Mc for a long time, but since you can hook her up with Chris, that might be an alternative for those who think the friend zone is a problem. Lexi has Holly, Kira has Robin and Steph made her choice by being a secret agent, although I feel sorry for her because she is left alone for having wanted to protect the life of the Mc.

But to tell the truth, and looking at the stats, there are a lot of people here who are making a choice that they wouldn't make, or haven't made in their real life, because the game allows an alternative that will perhaps compensate for the choice (s) they have made in reality, or simply as for many and myself to wonder: And if I had chosen this girl rather than that one..... And go on. It is said that well-ordered charity begins with oneself. Starting from this principle, we should start by being selfish, and think first of ourselves, to then become altruistic and think of others. After all, can't we make people happy only when we are happy ourselves?

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 559 Votes