Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I've been hanging around here for a bit after following a fan sig, but have yet to download and give a run. One thing I've noticed is the number of people that talk about replays/reruns. I'm presently doing my first voluntary rerun of another title in anticipation of playing its sequel, and, while I'm enjoying that (like watching Tombstone or Hunt for Red October for the 1,000th time), I don't see myself doing so with longer titles: there are too many other things to discover to keep going over the same ground, no matter how much I enjoyed it the first time.

After that preamble, the question: about how long is this VN? Does a single run take 20 hours? 40 hours? Something more/something less? I did a series of related titles a year or so ago that could each be finished in under 8 hours (they were all connected short stories, largely kinetic, but not entirely). I deliberately read these things at a conversational pace, and try to not rush scenes/animations when they come up, so I'm not a flash to the lewds degenerate, but I also don't sound out every word. ;)

I want to give this a proper run, but I need to figure out where to fit it in - I've been doing a lot of "completed" and very mature titles recently and they can take a couple of weeks if I'm giving them good attention and trying the alternate routes. I also need to find some "short stories" or have a bunch of updates come through as sort of a "palate cleanser" so I can take a night or two off from a couple-week immersion in a single title before starting another long run.

Where does this fit in? Right now I have my relatively short (maybe a dozen hours) replay; a sequel that I expect will be about the same length; and, an update to a mature title. So, within the next four or five days, I'll be looking for something else: should LoF be the next thing for me?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I've been hanging around here for a bit after following a fan sig, but have yet to download and give a run. One thing I've noticed is the number of people that talk about replays/reruns. I'm presently doing my first voluntary rerun of another title in anticipation of playing its sequel, and, while I'm enjoying that (like watching Tombstone or Hunt for Red October for the 1,000th time), I don't see myself doing so with longer titles: there are too many other things to discover to keep going over the same ground, no matter how much I enjoyed it the first time.

After that preamble, the question: about how long is this VN? Does a single run take 20 hours? 40 hours? Something more/something less? I did a series of related titles a year or so ago that could each be finished in under 8 hours (they were all connected short stories, largely kinetic, but not entirely). I deliberately read these things at a conversational pace, and try to not rush scenes/animations when they come up, so I'm not a flash to the lewds degenerate, but I also don't sound out every word. ;)

I want to give this a proper run, but I need to figure out where to fit it in - I've been doing a lot of "completed" and very mature titles recently and they can take a couple of weeks if I'm giving them good attention and trying the alternate routes. I also need to find some "short stories" or have a bunch of updates come through as sort of a "palate cleanser" so I can take a night or two off from a couple-week immersion in a single title before starting another long run.

Where does this fit in? Right now I have my relatively short (maybe a dozen hours) replay; a sequel that I expect will be about the same length; and, an update to a mature title. So, within the next four or five days, I'll be looking for something else: should LoF be the next thing for me?
I'm not good at keeping track of the time it takes, but I would guess, if you sat down and played straight through, I wouldn't be surprised if it's between 12 and 16 hours (1.5-2 hours per chapter average), depending on how fast you read or how much time you take to enjoy the music. Again, that's just a wild-ass guess based on never paying attention to time and never playing all the way through in one sitting, so hopefully someone with a better feel for that will give a better answer.

EDIT: redid the math a bit and adjusted my estimate.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I'm not good at keeping track of the time it takes, but I would guess, if you sat down and played straight through, I wouldn't be surprised if it's between 12 and 16 hours (1.5-2 hours per chapter average), depending on how fast you read or how much time you take to enjoy the music. Again, that's just a wild-ass guess based on never paying attention to time and never playing all the way through in one sitting, so hopefully someone with a better feel for that will give a better answer.

EDIT: redid the math a bit and adjusted my estimate.
So, in the grand scheme, it's a fairly short VN - not a short story, but not War & Peace. Maybe like the Hitchhiker's Guide books: I could sit down with one of those in the morning and finish by late afternoon.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
about how long is this VN? Does a single run take 20 hours? 40 hours? Something more/something less?
I don't know how fast you read and how much time do you take to look at the screens which are shown. But your first play through could take up to ten hours if you want to. If you want to see all paths you have to do more runs but you can skip many parts. Although with skipping until the big different scenes you'll miss many small details which change from path to path and choices. There's a counter how many screens of this game you've discovered. After every chapter this counter shows up. There's a total of 24461 screens. I for myself have seen 23753 and have played this game and all the routes many times. So there's something to explore everytime.

BTW: these are the possible endings
LoF Endings.png
It's a screenshot from the DLC. I don't know why this DLC isn't leaked here but you can get it in a bundle with the game on Steam for a really fair price or at Patreon. I think it's worth it. Even if Drifty would demand a higher price.

Have fun!

Reactions: TGafy and Elhemeer

rampage97

Apr 11, 2023
I just finished my first playthrough, and wow, this is easily in my top 3 games I've played. I love how every character has such a well fleshed out personality and identity, and how the choices I made impacted more than just the next few scenes. As far as animation, it made this game extremely immersive, I didn't skip anything once the camera started moving.

Goes without saying I definitely cried playing this one, and the soundtrack definitely had a part in that. Cece is one of my favorite LIs in any game ever, I just wanted to hold her close and protect her. Her story also ranks up among the best I've ever played. Overall incredible game, 10/10 for sure.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I just finished my first playthrough, and wow, this is easily in my top 3 games I've played. I love how every character has such a well fleshed out personality and identity, and how the choices I made impacted more than just the next few scenes. As far as animation, it made this game extremely immersive, I didn't skip anything once the camera started moving.

Goes without saying I definitely cried playing this one, and the soundtrack definitely had a part in that. Cece is one of my favorite LIs in any game ever, I just wanted to hold her close and protect her. Her story also ranks up among the best I've ever played. Overall incredible game, 10/10 for sure.
100% agree with everything you said. All I have to say in reply is, now go back and play it again on another LI path. (Personally I recomend the Lexi path)

Not only are all of the characters, as you put it, well fleshed out, they each have their own wonderful relationship path as well that doesn't cause the Cece route to suffer. (just makes her your very good friend instead of lover)

The fact that each LI has a route that makes her the center of the MC's world makes it feel like you are playing through various realities of the LOF multiverse. There are also 2 routes that can grant you a throuple ending if done right. Robin/Kira & Lexi/Holly.

The Holly solo route is about the most difficult route to get. lots of specific conditions to meet during your play through. When you are ready to attemp it, search the thread and you can find a list of all of the conditions that must be met. I think it's only a few pages back, but searching "Holly solo route" in the search bar above should pull it right up.

*Edit Here, I'll just link it for you. https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch-8-driftygames.48734/post-10784695 and https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch-8-driftygames.48734/post-10788262

Read and follow both of those and you should be fine getting Holly whenever you get to her, but I would seriously recomend the Lexi route next, but whenever you do the Holly route, do the Lexi route first or you may not be able to bring yourself to follow through on the Holly path. For me, the Holly playthroughs are almost as heartbreaking as the Cece bridge scenes. I have a hard time with what it does to Lexi.

Last edited:

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
I don't know how fast you read and how much time do you take to look at the screens which are shown. But your first play through could take up to ten hours if you want to. If you want to see all paths you have to do more runs but you can skip many parts. Although with skipping until the big different scenes you'll miss many small details which change from path to path and choices. There's a counter how many screens of this game you've discovered. After every chapter this counter shows up. There's a total of 24461 screens. I for myself have seen 23753 and have played this game and all the routes many times. So there's something to explore everytime.

BTW: these are the possible endings
View attachment 2747272
It's a screenshot from the DLC. I don't know why this DLC isn't leaked here but you can get it in a bundle with the game on Steam for a really fair price or at Patreon. I think it's worth it. Even if Drifty would demand a higher price.

Have fun!
Which DLC is it from, do you know? I bought my LoF on GOG so I didn't see a DLC available.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Which DLC is it from, do you know? I bought my LoF on GOG so I didn't see a DLC available.
The official DLC from Drifty. I bought it at Steam in a bundle with the game. I don't use GOG but I think it must be available there because the DLC exists for the Patreon version too and I don't see why Drifty should forget this at GOG. Although it isn't leaked here on F95 since release.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The official DLC from Drifty. I bought it at Steam in a bundle with the game. I don't use GOG but I think it must be available there because the DLC exists for the Patreon version too and I don't see why Drifty should forget this at GOG. Although it isn't leaked here on F95 since release.
The GOG Leap of Faith page says it comes with the walkthrough, but if you don't see DLC Options under Preferences on the main page, you might want to try re-downloading it.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
When I played I got the ending where the mc got Cece pregnant and it ended with her turning off the camera

Is that a main Cece ending?
And could anyone tell me her other endings I don't feel like playing it again.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
When I played I got the ending where the mc got Cece pregnant and it ended with her turning off the camera

Is that a main Cece ending?
And could anyone tell me her other endings I don't feel like playing it again.
All you have to do is LITERALLY scroll up this page ... you can't miss it.
(or one or two before if I've ignored enough people)

I will say that Cece only has one other ending ... you SHOULD be able to guess it ...

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for the answers guys
I thought there might be two completely different endings with her.

But it only changes one certain thing.
Well, I'm glad I know now :)

rampage97

Apr 11, 2023
100% agree with everything you said. All I have to say in reply is, now go back and play it again on another LI path. (Personally I recomend the Lexi path)

Not only are all of the characters, as you put it, well fleshed out, they each have their own wonderful relationship path as well that doesn't cause the Cece route to suffer. (just makes her your very good friend instead of lover)

The fact that each LI has a route that makes her the center of the MC's world makes it feel like you are playing through various realities of the LOF multiverse. There are also 2 routes that can grant you a throuple ending if done right. Robin/Kira & Lexi/Holly.

The Holly solo route is about the most difficult route to get. lots of specific conditions to meet during your play through. When you are ready to attemp it, search the thread and you can find a list of all of the conditions that must be met. I think it's only a few pages back, but searching "Holly solo route" in the search bar above should pull it right up.

*Edit Here, I'll just link it for you. https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch-8-driftygames.48734/post-10784695 and https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch-8-driftygames.48734/post-10788262

Read and follow both of those and you should be fine getting Holly whenever you get to her, but I would seriously recomend the Lexi route next, but whenever you do the Holly route, do the Lexi route first or you may not be able to bring yourself to follow through on the Holly path. For me, the Holly playthroughs are almost as heartbreaking as the Cece bridge scenes. I have a hard time with what it does to Lexi.
I'm planning on going back to it for the Lexi route eventually, it was so hard to see her sad at things not working between her and the MC. I think after the whirlwind that was the game and Cece's route in particular, I might need to wait a while. I'm sure the feels will hit the second time around too.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I'm planning on going back to it for the Lexi route eventually, it was so hard to see her sad at things not working between her and the MC. I think after the whirlwind that was the game and Cece's route in particular, I might need to wait a while. I'm sure the feels will hit the second time around too.
After my first play through, I did one more right away and then I did one a week till I finished all the main routes. Now I try and do a play through at least once a month or at least every 6 weeks.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes