Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The first question in Chapter 1? I don't think I did that. But maybe it's something else.
No, the question about being okay with multiple girls at once while chatting on the bench. No Sex with Robin, No potential multi-girl sex, Choose Kira, set Chris up with Robin, no sex with Robin at the bowl ... that should do it.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
No, the question about being okay with multiple girls at once while chatting on the bench. No Sex with Robin, No potential multi-girl sex, Choose Kira, set Chris up with Robin, no sex with Robin at the bowl ... that should do it.
Think I did that, but didn't notice that Robin was a workable choice.

Will go back and do that after playing through the Eternum update and maybe a couple of others - will just leave LoF on the laptop when I finish this series I've gotten near the end. Gonna wait and do CeCe endings tomorrow.

Gotta say, as wild as the Holly solo end was, the HL throuple was kind of anti-climactic. And they didn't tell us which one had the natural ginger pubes, though it could be both (Holly mentioned earlier she was a natural redhead, and Lexi's eyebrows look like they have a bit of ginger in them).

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer
Jul 1, 2022
Didn’t Holly mention at one point in the hospital that Lexi wasn’t a redhead?

As I look back at it I do see something that looks like ginger in her eyebrows even when she was a blonde so I’m not sure

Last edited:

succuk

Jul 24, 2023
As someone who has played the most popular of the completed games, I think it is the best of the completed games.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Think I did that, but didn't notice that Robin was a workable choice.

Will go back and do that after playing through the Eternum update and maybe a couple of others - will just leave LoF on the laptop when I finish this series I've gotten near the end. Gonna wait and do CeCe endings tomorrow.

Gotta say, as wild as the Holly solo end was, the HL throuple was kind of anti-climactic. And they didn't tell us which one had the natural ginger pubes, though it could be both (Holly mentioned earlier she was a natural redhead, and Lexi's eyebrows look like they have a bit of ginger in them).
H/L is actually my least-favorite of the endings ... In this moment, not having slept well in a few days, nor having played a run in over 2 months, I would rank them in this order (Noting that, Chris only doesn't get Linda with MC/Linda {Robin+}, MC/Lexi {Holly} and MC/Kira {Robin} in my plays at this point. There's nothing particularly special about Chris getting with Linda, except that they both find happiness, and I like Linda finding happiness even if it's not with MC.):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I just played through this game and got the Linda ending. While I enjoyed it well enough the story in the latter half derailed and any romance side-lined for the heavy drama and then a bizarre last chapter that was all over the place. For example going to Kira's farm to sort that out instead of spending time with chosen chick after the drama sequence is just weird.
Save it for the route IMO.
I know we're here for story but the game is clearly using the sex sells framework as well and the sex aspect falls flat from what I've seen.
The author can write neverending at times tedious amounts of heartwrenching melodramatic dialogue but is seemingly incapable of writing anything romantic or tittillating.
Characters are interesting but only a couple are fleshed out. Should've removed the illusion of choice and just made a kinetic novel focusing on Cece.
I've played many VNs over the years with the last being BaDIK and I do not see why LoF is so highly regarded.
Not trying to piss people off I've just done some searching online and this game is so beloved it shocks me.
Maybe I'm too old and have seen enough real tragedy that I'm somewhat hardened to the emotional aspects of this game though I was moved a couple times.
Or maybe I'm well read enough that it just falls flat for me IDK.
Feel free to flame me for incorrect opinions now. I'm just left feeling frustrated after investing several hours into a story I kept waiting to do something.

Reactions: Machete

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I just played through this game and got the Linda ending. While I enjoyed it well enough the story in the latter half derailed and any romance side-lined for the heavy drama and then a bizarre last chapter that was all over the place. For example going to Kira's farm to sort that out instead of spending time with chosen chick after the drama sequence is just weird.
Save it for the route IMO.
I know we're here for story but the game is clearly using the sex sells framework as well and the sex aspect falls flat from what I've seen.
The author can write neverending at times tedious amounts of heartwrenching melodramatic dialogue but is seemingly incapable of writing anything romantic or tittillating.
Characters are interesting but only a couple are fleshed out. Should've removed the illusion of choice and just made a kinetic novel focusing on Cece.
I've played many VNs over the years with the last being BaDIK and I do not see why LoF is so highly regarded.
Not trying to piss people off I've just done some searching online and this game is so beloved it shocks me.
Maybe I'm too old and have seen enough real tragedy that I'm somewhat hardened to the emotional aspects of this game though I was moved a couple times.
Or maybe I'm well read enough that it just falls flat for me IDK.
Feel free to flame me for incorrect opinions now. I'm just left feeling frustrated after investing several hours into a story I kept waiting to do something.
I personally regard this game very highly, but i concede that you have some solid points here.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
However, you can also do an MC/Kira - Robin/Chris ending, which is as unique as the MC/Lexi - Holly/Chris ending. I think it's actually my favorite.

EDIT: Favorite ending, not favorite path ...
I went ahead and did a Kira/MC-Robin/Chris ending on my don't-sleep-with-Steph seed. The airport scene was pretty amusing, as were several of the other commentaries that changed. A little dose of reality in those final conversations. :LOL:

Now, on to my CeCe runs. Wonder what my final screen count will be? After playing 10 different variant endings, I'm here:
1691197205586.png
I have one more CeCe scene, the five bonus scenes (don't know if they count) and one of the CeCe's doesn't have Steph coming to Lexi's and being part of the Scoobies.

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Didn’t Holly mention at one point in the hospital that Lexi wasn’t a redhead?
I don't remember it that way - just that her "signature style" was "required". I think they put a red wash in it to cover up the pink before they went out to meet MC's dad, and there was a lot of red already there. Like Holly, that particular shade may not have been her natural shade, but she may have had some shade of red to begin with.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Quite the ride (especially the CeCe Epilogue ;)).

At first, I was disappointed that the CeCe "final" scene came when it did (but not really by the scene itself, though I'm a fan of leaky pies...), but then I was happy at the end (no, not THAT KIND of happy ending). Also, disappointed that I didn't see anything with Nite Dawg other than the "ticked off" in the things to do list - then, of course, I watched the bonus scenes. Had I been playing as the VN was in development, I'd have seen that, and I'd have played all the bonuses as they appeared rather than waiting until I finished, allowing me to get all of the jokes at the end (3% lesbian, have you masturbated today, etc.).

Some final thoughts to wrap up for now:

• Red Heart

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Quite the ride (especially the CeCe Epilogue ;)).

First: Yes, "C" is a side character/possible side LI in u4ia.

(I had one more thought, but I lost it while putting this together ...)

Reactions: Son of Durin

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
First: Yes, "C" is a side character/possible side LI in u4ia.

(I had one more thought, but I lost it while putting this together ...)
Some of my endings don't include a blonde Kira, so that's some of it. Don't know what the variants on some of the others might have been. Mostly happy where I am. Time for Eternum, so maybe I'll do a few things using that list to see what happens.

• Red Heart

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I mean I’ve heard that it’s missing a couple of songs so I’m wondering if I should stick with it or use the sancho mod
I interpreted some of the commentary to indicate the "old music" was no longer available, at least not wholly so, so I used the Sancho for the "new music" versus the old one. I think I read that the package containing the old music was gone from its download site and hadn't been restored, making it impossible to use the "old music" version of the mod effectively since you needed that download to do it. Been a few weeks, so not entirely certain, but that's my recollection. If I'm wrong, I hope someone corrects.

Check the OP and the links on it, see what they say, and see if you come to the same conclusion I did.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Does anyone know if the music restoration mod have all of the original songs?
Yes, there was one or two (ONLY) songs that couldn't be got for the music restoration version. The Sanchomod eliminated that issue by using the music files from the 0.7 version of the game, which is now difficult (if not impossible) to find.

The main advantage of the music restoration mod is that it worked with the drifty DLC version of the game, which included the dev walkthrough, bonus stuff and commentary. The advantage of the Sanchomod OS music version was ... well, it works with Sanchomod, which is always fantastic.

Reactions: Grif1001
4.80 star(s) 560 Votes