VN Ren'Py Abandoned Leather and Steel [v0.6] [Amaraine]

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
rofl .. version 0.6 and already abendonned ..... holy crapp .. what kind of uploads we find here ? the quality of the games are going straight down like hell.....stop uploading such crapp
With version 0.6 the game is fully playable. It is a small game with a limited number of girls and locations but they all have their special events to unlock and at the end of the 4th week you get a score.
The dev wanted to add more content in future updates before he/she had to stop due to (hopefully only temporarely) bad eyesight.

Last edited:

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
Sad to hear about the developer's health, I was holding hope out for a HD animated remake of bondage island.
IMO that is Amaraine's best game. The fantasy aspect of Amaraine's other games never appealed to me although I never played this one.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
The dev's full post on patreon :

Announcement:
This is hard to write. This has been a very supportive community, both verbally and financially, and I deeply appreciate everything you all have done to help me make these games.

I recently suffered a vitreous detachment in my eye, which makes it hard to look at the screen for hours at a time because I see little extra things that are actually on the inside of my eye. I’ve been told one gets used to it, and that it gets better. I look forward to that. I've also been told the other eye is likely to do the same thing within a year, and I'm not looking forward to that.

My intent with Leather and Steel was to write a second half -- renders and story for each character, letting you bring them deeper into submission -- or not, in the case of Isabella. Rather than begin that process, I’m choosing to stop development now, at a point when it is possible to have sex with every character. The next reasonable break point probably wouldn’t occur for 6 months.

I will continue to listen to your feedback, and I will release a bug-fixed version if necessary. If I make any subsequent changes to any of the games, they will be available here for free, until such time as I resume regular development. I don't want to charge anyone if I'm not putting in the time.

I'm going to be spending my time writing fiction, which is easier than coding or rendering for me right now, and lets me keep being creative.

I intend to keep this Patreon up as a tip jar for anyone who enjoyed one of my games and wants to toss me a few bucks. I suggest that my current patrons unsubscribe by the end of February.

Thank you, everyone, for your support! It's been a marvelous three years making erotic games.

Frank Rosario

Engaged Member
Jan 1, 2018
Here is the Italian translation of "Leather and steel" version "0.6".
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan".

The link is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "Leather and steel" versione "0.6".
Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

Il link è:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
E se questa traduzione vi piace, non dimenticate di mettere un Like, sempre ben accetto!

Reactions: Kagrra and paolo422

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I thought I recognized this game started playing and it just felt familiar checked out my saves and what do you know I've still got a few dating back from 2018 :LOL: Sad to hear about the devs health I liked the idea of this game.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
I thought I recognized this game started playing and it just felt familiar checked out my saves and what do you know I've still got a few dating back from 2018 :LOL: Sad to hear about the devs health I liked the idea of this game.
Your 2018 saves are likely from Strange Gift.

When reusing the code from Strange Gift for Leather and Steel, the dev probably forgot to change the save game directory in file options.rpy in line 144 :
define config.save_directory = "SGR-1538849144"
So both games Strange Gift and Leather and Steel share the same save folder under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy, which is a problem since both games are not compatible with each others save games.
(Better change the directory name in your options.rpy.)

AfaIk Leather and Steel started in 2019 :

[Aug 29, 2019 ]
This game [Strange Gift] has been substantially revised, with an entirely different plot, and is now under development as Leather and Steel. I've used some of the codebase and some of the renders to jumpstart a game with all scripted characters rather than procedurally generated ones. Currently in 0.1, but I expect to release 0.2 on my Patreon on Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited:

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
At least this dev has a truly valid reason for abandoning the project and might return to it once they've adapted to their new situation. Respect to them for at least taking the time to explain their situation and advise their patreons to unsubscribe.

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Anyone have any tips to get more than 2 women in the sack? Anyone gotten them all within the time limit?

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Is there a way to reset the time with the console so you can keep looping things?

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Is there a way to reset the time with the console so you can keep looping things?
The day variable is called "day".

You can directly read and change the game script since it is not packed into an rpa archive. (Just make a backup copy of the rpy-files in case of unexpected side effects.)

1. The game length in days is defined in file 02defaults.rpy in line 188 (near the end):
Code:
default game_length = 28

2. The day variable is evaluated in script.rpy in lines 648ff :
Code:
    if day == game_length  -1:
        gn "Note: You have one day left before the game ends."
    if day >= game_length:
        jump Score
    f "Hi honey, how was your day? Did you do anything with any cute girls?" 
    if day == 21:
        f "It's too bad that tommorrow you're going to have to go into work."
        gn "Every weekday morning and afternoon from here on, you are expected to be at the office. You will lose some points off your score if you play hooky."
        $ office.unlocked = True

By adding some simple code like
Code:
if day > 14 :
    $ day = day - 7
where day variable is evaluated you should be able to easily create a loop of endless vacations.

You can also just increase the game length and deactivate the office ( ($ office.unlocked = False) or change the code into comments using #) or set the end of vacation to a high value, e.g. :
Code:
default game_length = 2800
Code:
    if day == game_length - 7:
        f "It's too bad that tommorrow you're going to have to go into work."
        gn "Every weekday morning and afternoon from here on, you are expected to be at the office. You will lose some points off your score if you play hooky."
        $ office.unlocked = True

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterMerp

MasterMerp

Oct 10, 2019
I am playing Version 0.6.
I still get all the usual "This character will be developed more in future versions!", "You'll get to kiss this character in future versions!", "This content is not available for this character at this time." etc. announcements when trying to interact with Isabelle.
So basically 0.6 behaves like 0.5 in this regard. And yes i've checked several times, it definitely is 0.6 i am running.

Anyone else having this problem?

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
I am playing Version 0.6.
I still get all the usual "This character will be developed more in future versions!", "You'll get to kiss this character in future versions!", "This content is not available for this character at this time." etc. announcements when trying to interact with Isabelle.
So basically 0.6 behaves like 0.5 in this regard. And yes i've checked several times, it definitely is 0.6 i am running.

Anyone else having this problem?
Did you start a new game?

Reactions: MasterMerp

MasterMerp

Oct 10, 2019
Did you start a new game?
Yeah i did, thought that might be the case.

And it seems at some point when returning to the game after a pause i accidentially loaded an old save instead of one of the new game. Thus the problem with her not working as intended.

tl;dr: More or less my own stupidity xD

alpha11zz1

Nov 13, 2020
Jeez,I got to say I really loved this developer's games including dungeon and damsels……And I cant join his patreon since I'm Chinese and cant find a way to pay that dollar to him.Really hope the dev can recover.Besides I think his dungeon and damsel is really great that he can make a version 2 like Diablo2 or sth,add more things in combat and character like the fallen angel etc.