4.80 star(s) 96 Votes

Ebet Ebety

Jun 3, 2017
I'm desperately looking for one single piece of criticism to make about this one but...
Oh wait that's it!
There is complete lack of choice in love interests, only options are... Aghavni, Aghavni, Aghavni or Aghavni... lol

No seriosly, I truly appreciate the work and the thought that has gone into character building all of them are unique and masterfully crafted, down to their appearence, which is truly huge, since I cannot think of another piece of work that does it quite as well; there's always some kind resemblance between them here and there usually, even in very good productions.
They are all interesting, but Aghavni just stands out way too much for me personally to choose any other of them.
By the way how do you pronounce that? Agoonee is my best guess but I wouldn't bet a cent on it.

This is a definite buy when it's done!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Aghavni just stands out way too much for me personally to choose any other of them.
Wonderful choice, considering MC chose her himself and after his theatrics of failing to live up to her standards, she dumped him ... at which time we get to find him drunk and sleeping on the job at the very start of this game.

By the way how do you pronounce that?
is as aeGaa-HHAEVNiy- †

† English pronunciation guide:
AE as in "at (AE.T)" ; G as in "grin (G.R.IH.N)" ; AA as in "odd (AA.D)" ; HH as in "he (HH.IY)" ; AE as in "at (AE.T)" ; V as in "vow (V.AW)" ; N as in "knee (N.IY)" ; IY as in "eat (IY.T)"

Last edited:

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Just a reminder guys, I have a pretty demanding full-time job. Between the game and the job that actually pays my bills (since I am deep, deep in the red on the game--although that should change with the Steam launch) I work between 100 and 120 hours a week. I've made massive sacrifices to publish this game. I'm working as hard as I can, but the development process does take time.

I know that most of you understand that, and I appreciate your support. :)
And I sincerely hope that you are able to tune out the shitters! Oh and I'd rather wait years for the story to finish rather than you burning out and dropping it. So stay well and take care of yourse

What else to say....I agree with all the positive things said about this AVN and disagree with all the negative shittery about it.

One of the AVNs with a truely engaging story. One of those where you don't care about the adult scenes because the story and storytelling are that captivating. The scene with the sister and the reading of the Velveteen Rabbit was bettersweet. Liked it alot.

If there was a fire and you could only save 2 characters it'd be Jamie and, here it becomes difficult because I'd be hard pressed to chose between Armin and Emmeline! :ROFLMAO:

So a genuine Thank You for your creative work Impious Monk!

Ebet Ebety

Jun 3, 2017
Wonderful choice, considering MC chose her himself and after his theatrics of failing to live up to her standards, she dumped him ... at which time we get to find him drunk and sleeping on the job at the very start of this game.

is as aeGaa-HHAEVNiy- †

† English pronunciation guide:
AE as in "at (AE.T)" ; G as in "grin (G.R.IH.N)" ; AA as in "odd (AA.D)" ; HH as in "he (HH.IY)" ; AE as in "at (AE.T)" ; V as in "vow (V.AW)" ; N as in "knee (N.IY)" ; IY as in "eat (IY.T)"
Well what can I say... I really don't understand why somebody would take time out of their day responding to a light hearted post just to dump on someone else's choice in a visual novel and flippantly point out the English pronountiation of an Armenian name, but hey you do you. If this is what makes you happy, good for you.

Reactions: Impious Monk

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
From a technical standpoint, the story shows either time spent in research (ie, legal and medical) or a first-hand knowledge. Diction and grammar are excellent; although, I did see the occasional across-the-pond weirdness of adding unnecessary vowels to words such as colour. ;)
Yep, Britons are weird, aren't they? :rolleyes:

How do people dare to use this weird english English language variety. Aren't we all supposed to become Americans, in the end?

• Haha
Reactions: VicValenn

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Just a reminder guys, I have a pretty demanding full-time job. Between the game and the job that actually pays my bills (since I am deep, deep in the red on the game--although that should change with the Steam launch) I work between 100 and 120 hours a week. I've made massive sacrifices to publish this game. I'm working as hard as I can, but the development process does take time.

I know that most of you understand that, and I appreciate your support. :)
"YOU need a vacation!"

--From the 2004 movie, Collateral.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Yep, Britons are weird, aren't they? :rolleyes:

How do people dare to use this weird english English language variety. Aren't we all supposed to become Americans, in the end?
Well considering the U.S. is the largest and most fertile market. Yes.

doc holliday wink.gif

deadbeatval

Mar 1, 2024
And I sincerely hope that you are able to tune out the shitters! Oh and I'd rather wait years for the story to finish rather than you burning out and dropping it. So stay well and take care of yourself
I, regrettably, used to be one of those people who'd bitch and moan about slow dev times/updates on a different account. Until I started working on my own VN, I didn't really understand just how much goes into it or how there never seems to be enough time to get all the renders you want in before the day's over with a full time job sucking up 90% of your time.

If more people tried to dip their toes into making something like this solo, I'd clear up a lot of the ignorance that drive those kinds of comments.

Saramago

Sep 23, 2017
I agree and have added it to my sig.

From a technical standpoint, the story shows either time spent in research (ie, legal and medical) or a first-hand knowledge. Diction and grammar are excellent; although, I did see the occasional across-the-pond weirdness of adding unnecessary vowels to words such as colour. ;)

Plus, at least so far, the imaginative aspect of the story is way, way above the average drivel of an AVN. Nice pacing, mystery and tension...no doubt. Personally, I like the choices given and how they map out to fit the narrative.

Well, enough praise. Get back to work.....heh.
Sir Reginald, please hold my monocle.

I must protest vehemently against such an affront to the sanctity of the Queen's English! How dare you suggest that our esteemed language is weighed down by unnecessary vowels? The audacity of such a claim is utterly preposterous!

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
It's a shame we can't have a throuple in this game. I would've liked to have Aghavni and Jamie in one. That way Rockford could have two Girl Fridays. Aghavni would help with the work in the field and on the streets. Jamie would help with the work in the office and in the courts. It would be a Law-and-Order dream team.
Same here, my 2 favorite. I usually only play harem vn's, but this one I seen Aghavni and was smitten. But now that I'm playing, my romantic soft side is coming out and I'm getting attached to these girls. Going to break my heart having to choose one. That's the reason I usually only play harem. Makes me feel bad turning the rest of the Li down

Jan 13, 2021
Holy moly....seriously...this Game is AWESOME. I just want to hug the Dev and thank him for this masterpiece. It reminds me of a couple of Episodes from "Suits (TV Show)". Which is also my fav. TV Show. The Story is interesting, the Girls are awesome and sexy and every decision/choice has a real consequence. Also the Story has a nice flow. I like that a lot. Dear Dev, take your time and keep up your outstanding work. Your Game is now in my Top 5 and believe me, i ve got a LOT of VN`s on my HDD. :LOL::LOL: Can t wait for Ep. 4. :giggle::coffee:

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
wow.. is it just me or did the visuals and animation level in this just go into overdrive.. Massive gratz on ep3.. it showcases what can really be done with a good story as a base instead of making it up as they go

deadbeatval

Mar 1, 2024
wow.. is it just me or did the visuals and animation level in this just go into overdrive.. Massive gratz on ep3.. it showcases what can really be done with a good story as a base instead of making it up as they go
The animations seem super Blender-y, so I don't know if Impious Monk made them. If he was, he might as well have made the entire project in Blender.

I agree that the visual quality definitely feels like it went up, thought it was just me at first.

Moiraine™

Jul 14, 2021
Leaving DNA - Developer's Journal 4:1

This post will contain spoilers for Episode Three, so if you haven't played it yet, skip this journal for now!

Whew! What a week! I'm mentally exhausted, but I'm very pleased.

I have never expected Leaving DNA to be very popular. In a genre that is almost fundamentally built on romance and sex, the core story of ADA Rockford is built on character development and friendship. And while more and more visually impressive AVN's are being produced all the time, I frankly acknowledge that Leaving DNA is visually pretty middle of the road. Despite this, I've watched over the last three weeks as my supporter numbers grew from 77 to over 190. It's humbling, as is reading the many very nice comments and reviews that so many have left over the last ten days since I released Episode 3.

I know that Leaving DNA is far from perfect. As I have said before, when I started working on this I had no prior experience with fictional writing, with coding, or with any form of art. And my lack of experience frequently shows, not only in the art department, but I'm acutely aware of my shortcomings in the writing department as well. Nevertheless, Leaving DNA has managed to make an emotional connection with a lot of people, and so for that reason I do consider it to be a successful game so far.

Episode Three was a challenge to work on. I struggled at times to feel the direction of the chapter. I was often discouraged and felt that I had made irreversible errors which were going to crash the entire episode. At one point I was pretty sure I had made a fatal mistake making the lengthy jury trial a focal point of the episode. Players were going to find the case itself boring and irrelevant, and the themes explored therein too esoteric to hold their attention. I knew I had ruined Rockford's meeting with his sister. My effort to let Colleen communicate about her own dreams through the reading of a story would fall flat. No one would understand why they had to sit through minutes of reading verbatim from a boring old children's book. Players would be irritated over having to take Emmeline to the wedding when they had no interest in her. And as I did when I released Episodes One and Two, I feared words like "melodramatic," "boring," and, most of all for the ending/big reveal, "plot holes."

So to say I'm surprised by the last ten days really doesn't come close to describing my reaction not only to the massive influx of financial support but also to the many kind words I've received about the episode. It's very rewarding and very humbling to know this episode was able to trigger an emotional response in so many people.

Thank you to ALL of you for being awesome enough to subscribe. For the new people, whether you are planning to support me for awhile or you just popped in to pick up the update, I appreciate you. For the long term subscribers that have been with me for awhile, you guys continue to be amazing. For those of you who were awesome and mentioned the game on Reddit, either for this update or the last one, those posts were huge--thank you! Discord mentioners, pirate site reviewers, and anyone else who has helped to promote the game, thank you!

This week I will work on revising my earlier draft of the Episode Four script, which I wrote about two years ago. It needs quite a lot of work due to changes both in the story since then and improvement in my own storytelling ability. I expect this episode to take several months to finish, just as the first three did.

For the new supporters, every week I will publish a brief developer's journal entry to let you know I'm still working on the game. That will usually happen Saturday night (PST) and if I'm ever a couple of days late on it I'm probably dead and you should unsubscribe right away. You will get render previews but don't expect them every week, and I never do sex previews. I do tend to be a bit stingy on special renders, just because I have limited time to work on the game and I prefer to focus that time on the update. But the upper tier supporters will get one every month and I'll also churn some others out from time to time.

Episode Three is already up on Itch and the Steam release is March 7th. Anyone who contributes at least $12 is eligible to receive a key for either Steam or Itch. Just shoot me a message if/when you qualify.

If you are planning to buy the game on Steam, first of all, thank you! Second, if you are also able to leave a review that would be super helpful. My wishlists aren't very high even after having the store page up for ten months, which means Leaving DNA isn't going to be shown to very many people after it launches. So I will be relying on reviews to help trigger the Steam algorithm and put the game in front of a bigger audience.

Finally, I have told my supporters this a couple of times already, but there is a strong chance that Patreon will kick me off the platform at some point. I won't go into detail because I don't want to spoil anything, but Leaving DNA has some pretty dark moments, including in Episode Four, that are going to make Steam squirm. I'm not changing anything about Leaving DNA because the story is what it is, but I do feel a heads up is in order for my supporters. If that happens, I expect to still be active on SubscribeStar, but that's one reason why you may want to ask me for a key on Steam or Itch once you hit that $12 point.

Okay, that's an exceptionally long journal but I'm done. Thanks very much to all of you!

--Monk

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
The animations seem super Blender-y, so I don't know if Impious Monk made them. If he was, he might as well have made the entire project in Blender.

I agree that the visual quality definitely feels like it went up, thought it was just me at first.
Credit for the superb quality of the animations goes to my good friend sandem237!

4.80 star(s) 96 Votes