4.80 star(s) 94 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You are missing the point. It is dead to rights for the victim ... MC has shielded the same victim from coming forward in his own stabbing incident. The victim is the primary witness and she has to depict it in grand detail for anyone to take her seriously.
We are goaded into thinking that despite no complaints, charges can just be bogus done by anyone white kniting the victim - the only one getting hurt is the victim here. Prosecutors have to learn that they are not the star witness - the victim is.
Question, can't a DA initiate an investigation into someone? Even if he starts off hiring a PI to do background and surveillance on that rapist, once there's something solid that could be turned into a more official investigation, and he could recuse himself from actually prosecuting it. Doesn't seem like it would have to be a complete dead-end and just letting him get away with it, as he seems like a serial rapist.
You are correct. As a private citizen, Rockford enjoys the same rights as anyone else. However, hiring a private investigator would raise a number of concerns. (I'm going to use spoiler tags for those who haven't played Episode Three.)
MC chose not to put her on the stand and if you dig more, even tho MC decides right then and there to respect the wishes of the victim and drops it, you would know that the guy is coasting on victims being disingenuous about their whole ordeal ... the cause for the other prosecutor hottie to be denied a conviction by the jury. You cannot cherry pick what you tell the jury and when you are found out, just feign ignorance or bat your eyes and make it go away.
I'm just surprised Malena hasn't done anything about Koch yet ;)
Em made her decision to herself adn made it known to her parents and her close friends she refused and still refuses to press charges .. her ”friends” should respect that. If charges are brought, she will be put on the stand - if they bulldozed her with their white knighting, what good friends they would be!

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
What did you choose?
I persisted on not investigating Koch. The guy is obviously scum, but it's hard to see what good investigating him would do, especially when the MC was feeling a bit obsessive at the time.

While I'm here, I want to leave my thoughts on the new update, but I'm finding it difficult to articulate them. I liked the first two episodes of the game quite a bit, but this one I did not enjoy despite it still having a lot of well crafted elements. I think the problem mostly stems from two factors: feeling disengaged from the plot, and a bad reaction to the argument with Vega.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Like I said, I don't want to come across overly harsh; there's a lot of good stuff here. But overall this outing didn't work for me.

tl;dr I think the plot was unfocused and I didn't like the way the argument between the MC and Vega was framed. That undercut most of the episode in my eyes, though I still like most of the characters.

Last edited:

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
You are correct. As a private citizen, Rockford enjoys the same rights as anyone else. However, hiring a private investigator would raise a number of concerns. (I'm going to use spoiler tags for those who haven't played Episode Three.)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC never did a big deal of his attempted murder encounter with 8 gang members who stabbed and beat him up in broad day light in the middle of some alley that leads to a public basket ball court many members of that community are supposed to follow, hence they would be in the path of those gang members and their staby beat downs all day every day, trying to get to a girl half the size of MC and he has the direct absolute confirmation she is a girl who has been raped before and is living in constant fear of something like this - instead, MC makes it all about him being the white knight for her.

MC Does not want to make a big fuss of his shortcommings - as the girls roast him at the dinner table - he should have BAtman Arkham Knight beat them all up and delievred them tied and gagged to the police for all those girls care - which this game tells us it is a lot.
This is not the game. MC is not fighting the good fight. MC is even so much infatuated with the killings from cold cases he should not look into for his own sanity - that he forgets about his sister immediately, bails on actually visiting her even tho others seemingly strangers to her, keep supporting her sanity with their visits, he disses his long time friends at the movie theatre and abbandons everyone and everything for his worst case scenario boner of insane findings - the cliffhanger revelation from the end of this episode

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I'll be quick and short:

you need to drastically shorten the trial court scenes and you need to lenghten (meaning = more lines) the non-courtroom scenes - any of them.

No reason to explain why because it's definitely and completely self-evident.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I persisted on not investigating Koch. The guy is obviously scum, but it's hard to see what good investigating him would do, especially when the MC was feeling a bit obsessive at the time.

While I'm here, I want to leave my thoughts on the new update, but I'm finding it difficult to articulate them. I liked the first two episodes of the game quite a bit, but this one I did not enjoy despite it still having a lot of well crafted elements. I think the problem mostly stems from two factors: feeling disengaged from the plot, and a bad reaction to the argument with Vega.
Like I said, I don't want to come across overly harsh; there's a lot of good stuff here. But overall this outing didn't work for me.

tl;dr I think the plot was unfocused and I didn't like the way the argument between the MC and Vega was framed. That undercut most of the episode in my eyes, though I still like most of the characters.
Re: Vega; I think it's not as bad as you make it look.

The trial, I find it OK in terms of how it's technically handled (not very long scenes, some interesting discussions, and a good approach on the legal aspect of it - I guess), but I agree with your take on it: it doesn't really add to the main story so there's a risk of it being considered as 'filler' by many players.

And finally, the cliffhanger reveal... well, I didn't see that coming and it sure feels a bit far-fetched. We'll see how it's handled in the next chapters.

BurgRoyce

Jul 17, 2022
Honestly, I think the trial scenes were too long... I mean, sometimes "less is more". My gut is the topics the Dev wanted to tell could have been told with way less words... I didn't skip anything, but I was thinking about it.

Other thoughts:

Overall, a solid update but somewhat unfocused as already commented. Waiting for steam release and next episodes :D

Reactions: Impious Monk

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023

Well, hopefully he does something like investigate

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Why no anal? Not planned either?:HideThePain:
as per the dev notes:

The emphasis of LDNA is plot supported by dialogue and character development. Sex, while thematic and a big part of the game, is not the primary driving force here. This is a not a fetish-focused game. If you come looking for a particular fetish you will be disappointed, as the sex, although erotic, will be relatively vanilla.

But anal is pretty vanilla in most AVNs so who knows. It's not important anyway, most people don't play this game for the lewd content.

succuk

Jul 24, 2023
As a person who attaches importance to the realism, development and quality of the scenario, I want to congratulate the dev, I am sure that we are witnessing a legend game. Already in the wishlist, thanks.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Re: Vega; I think it's not as bad as you make it look.

It's NOT OK

Do you realise that the defendant's mother has more dialogue lines than Jamie and Aghavni have in the whole episode 3?

If I wanted to watch a legal drama I'd watch Boston Legal, bro.
While it's certainly unconventional to sideline a LI in favor of a minor character, that doesn't make it inherently bad. The question is whether the mother (or her testimony) will have a larger impact on the MC's story. I'm a little skeptical, but we don't know yet.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Yeah, those pieces of evidence are there, but it's still a bit weird how the MC jumps to that conclusion. Also, when the MC confronts Henry Clay when he is visiting Colleen, the MC mentions that Henry is 'Mr. Hank', but that name (Mr. Hank) has never been mentioned before. It is mentioned right after that encounter, when Clay greets a little girl on the hallway, but there's no point in the whole game that could've made the MC learn this Hank nickname before. And the MC goes right away to ask Mary if this Mr. Hank visits all the residents, or just Colleen - when they've never talked about Colleen. I feel there was some important piece of info that was cut off sometime during the editing phase of development.

4.80 star(s) 94 Votes